Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Rain Scene - land fish
posted 06-15-03 10:29 PM CT (US)   
Hi...
...I have succeeded in placing 'land fish' for all the terrain. It will help to enhance rain scenes. The new 'land fish' will debut in a rain scene from Crasher's upcoming Immortal Prey Campaign.

Also 'shorefish in shallows' and 'fishtrap in shallows' will most likely debut in my pretty town contest entry. After the contest I should release some of the land fish and shorefish and fishtrap in shallows...probably in an update of the New Object and Aspect template.

Well, it's back to the editor guys...

...oh and congratulations Cherub Tanneur99!

Replies:
posted 06-15-03 10:34 PM CT (US)     1 / 20  
Glad to hear it Ana! Can't wait to see that rain scene. :-).

I managed to make the rain stop also.

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 06-15-2003 @ 10:36 PM).]

posted 06-15-03 10:35 PM CT (US)     2 / 20  
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by placing land fish for all the terrain.

I've managed to get the fish trap in the shallows but I haven't had any luck with the fish...

Edit: I understand what you mean now.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Warrior_1_ (edited 06-15-2003 @ 10:54 PM).]

posted 06-16-03 00:14 AM CT (US)     3 / 20  
Great news Philip!
That should complete the aspect of rain in scenarios. I wonder what you think is best for a rain scene...I like to flash reveal the map and then have the fishes for the most part in fog of war.

*whispers back to Philip*

Maybe you and crasher have something to share with each other then. I just don't have time now to create a template for the 'smith because of the contest deadline, and I am still in the prototype stage. I gave it to crasher exclusively because he pointed me to the aspect for his design.

No time to learn how to whisper properly either.

DW: In case you didn't understand...I have it for all the terrain including the trees.

posted 06-16-03 00:34 AM CT (US)     4 / 20  
Hey,I'm using land fish in the remake of my campaign "cost of a throne" as well.

Quote:

Also 'shorefish in shallows' and 'fishtrap in shallows' will most likely debut in my pretty town contest entry.

Wow,nice.

I had no idea people would go to such extremes in order to beat me.

Tsunami's most notorious designer
posted 06-16-03 00:57 AM CT (US)     5 / 20  
Cknchaos is beginning to make me biased :-).
posted 06-16-03 01:06 AM CT (US)     6 / 20  

Quote:

Cknchaos is beginning to make me biased :-).

In favour of me or against me?

Tsunami's most notorious designer
posted 06-16-03 01:46 AM CT (US)     7 / 20  
Well done!

Another great discovery!

posted 06-16-03 06:49 AM CT (US)     8 / 20  
Ana I definetly think the flash is the most effective way to reveal a rain scene. It also disguises the fact that the shore fish are actuely shore fish more effectively and makes for good lightning.

BTW just in case you ever abuse smileys again I have created a new graphic to deal with this. I call him the reaper of smileys.
http://aok.heavengames.com/angels/aro/Reaper.jpe

I would also think that using the allie LOS then changing diplomacy would also be very effective to get rid of the fog of war and go back to pure darkness.

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 06-16-2003 @ 07:22 AM).]

posted 06-16-03 07:43 AM CT (US)     9 / 20  
I already useing it. I've made some in the cummunal scenario. A rain scene.
A rain scene will maybe come up in my upcoming campaign.

Name: Exploring_Man 3 The Land Of Mayans.

The pc expert and the helper.... Need help contact me and i'll answer no matter what.
......::::::TRADE FEDERATION::::::......(Star wars1-2)
Im a big fan of Leeds United.
Leeds 1 - 0 Manchester Utd
Leeds 3 - 2 Arsenal
All in the season 2002/2003
posted 06-16-03 02:35 PM CT (US)     10 / 20  
But to get the fish on all terrain, even the trees... That's a worthy achievement indeed. Well done Ana!
posted 06-16-03 02:55 PM CT (US)     11 / 20  
hold it...why use shore fish?
aren't there those fish that jump from land in Rasher's MAP TRICKS!?

Bah.
posted 06-16-03 04:58 PM CT (US)     12 / 20  
@AnastasiaKafka
Great discovery!!

@Philip Dunscombe
You said you knew how to remove shore fish?!
Did I understand you correctly?
If yes, how do you do it?

Edit: You can easily put any on-water object on the desert terrain, but how can you put them on trees?!

[ Your quote could be here! ]*

* Contact information included separately

[This message has been edited by WhiteWolf (edited 06-16-2003 @ 05:23 PM).]

posted 06-16-03 05:20 PM CT (US)     13 / 20  
It's easy to make it.
You can even download it here on the blacksmith.
Not the scenarios with the rain already made but you learn how to do it without you even know it.
It's a little confusing you just need to have a very large fantasy area and voila you think in 2-3 minutes and then.
La Fish and Rain.
You can even make fishtraps on that land.

If you want to know then contact me.
This will also help a user here on the blacksmith with a raise in his download number.

The pc expert and the helper.... Need help contact me and i'll answer no matter what.
......::::::TRADE FEDERATION::::::......(Star wars1-2)
Im a big fan of Leeds United.
Leeds 1 - 0 Manchester Utd
Leeds 3 - 2 Arsenal
All in the season 2002/2003
posted 06-16-03 08:28 PM CT (US)     14 / 20  
I would have never thought it possible,, can't wait for the release Ana.
posted 06-16-03 09:21 PM CT (US)     15 / 20  
This is hilarious. I created the cutscene a year ago. No, it was last February. And I watched as everybody else either discovered my tricks or introduced me to a better technique. So you might say that I've been stepping it up all this time. I remember when Ana told me I should put the lightning trick in "The New World", and I shrugged and said "ehh who'll discover it that soon?" Lo and behold *cough*Ingo*cough* someone beat me to it. Well I'd just like to say, people, don't get all hyped up please! What was once something I would have claimed to knock your socks off is now just another collage of tricks done with my style. And some hand picked, high quality sounds. So y'all just hang tight, cause I'm taking my sweet time in getting things done!

@ Phil: Oh heck I might as well add that too... If you're willing I'd love to hear how!

-crasher

[edit]
And don't forget a heavy dose of "THANK YOU!!!" to Anastasia...

[This message has been edited by crasher (edited 06-16-2003 @ 09:23 PM).]

posted 06-16-03 10:02 PM CT (US)     16 / 20  
We can make a swop then crasher.

Philip Dunscombe .:. AoKH Forumer
Age of Kings Heaven .:. Copyright ©2002-2015
"On behalf of all of the real and imaginary forumers at Heaven Games, I would like to apologize for both the overall poor quality of that post and it drifting dangerously close to having some sort of social relevance. However, at least it was short."
posted 06-18-03 08:51 PM CT (US)     17 / 20  
Philip's feeling a little competition .

| Dawn of Fantasy | A new innovative fantasy RTS from | Reverie World Studios LLC |
Come join us on our | Forums | as we release more information on our game.
"...It might take two to tango, but only one to spam..." - Legion
"I'm not small, I'm space-efficient." - RLC
posted 06-19-03 01:39 AM CT (US)     18 / 20  
competition? *grabs an old bat* No, I call this trick hi-jacking. Now hand 'em over, or I'll give you an offer you can't refuse...
posted 06-19-03 01:42 AM CT (US)     19 / 20  
I opt out of this one :-).

Besides why hijack something allready freely given :-)??

Philip Dunscombe .:. AoKH Forumer
Age of Kings Heaven .:. Copyright ©2002-2015
"On behalf of all of the real and imaginary forumers at Heaven Games, I would like to apologize for both the overall poor quality of that post and it drifting dangerously close to having some sort of social relevance. However, at least it was short."
posted 06-19-03 01:56 AM CT (US)     20 / 20  
Aww, I was only trying to humor the hampster hehe. But you knew it was a joke, right? Of course you did.

*goes back to editor*

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Rain Scene - land fish
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames