Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Era Productions Team
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 12-13-03 06:35 PM CT (US)   
Hello everyone, I hope your having a good day!

Note: AoC_Freako (King Godric) has made Era Productions an offical Forum, check it out! It's at Pro Boards!

The propose for this post is to display requirments for joining Era Productions. The purpose of the Team is to help each other on *personal* projects and *team* projects to bring great scenarios to AoK.heavengames! Another thing, not only experts can join, newbies may join also, though you might not be able to work on the team project ... but never-the-less you can still get help from more experienced players and improve you scenario design skills until your able to help the team project or move on your own! Anyways, the positions that are open are...

Landscaper - Helps with eye-candy and where things should be placed.
Trigger Engineer - Helps do triggers and test them out, may also try and find new kind of triggers.
Play Testers - The Test the Scenario and report back whats wrong.
Story Board - Creates creative stories for the whole team to use in any scenario, and helps others move their story along.

You may ask for any other positions. Note: It is now possible to apply for multiple positions, but only 3 at most! If you apply for multiple positions, you must meet the requirments for all in one scenario!

Fiyih - Head Designer
Raptor the Good - Head Landscaper
AoC_freako - Landscaper 1, Custom Forum Admin
Colosseum - Head Trigger Engineer, Playtester

If appling E-mail me at Theangelknight0@hotmail.com
Read below for Requirments!

Landscaper will be graded on ...
Scenario of a small forest/village/city - Required
80% Realistic
20% Too much Clutter/Open Spaces

Trigger Engineer will be graded on ...
Have 25 Triggers or more that affect each other - Required
60% How smooth it runs
40% Errors

Story Board will be graded on ...
5 Paragraphs - Required
60% Creativity
20% Spelling
20% Grammer

Other positions will be graded on ...
***Unique, depends on position!***
Note: Send an E-mail stating what else you might want to apply for!

Note for Head Positions: To get a Head position you have to simply be better then the current Head position, a more organized manner of doing this will be provided later when we have more members, thank you!

-Fiyih

"All is well with Elves by your side!" - Sir Danial

[This message has been edited by Fiyih (edited 01-01-2004 @ 09:38 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-13-03 08:41 PM CT (US)     1 / 86  
I want to apply for Trigger Master.

Not to brag but I'm excellent with those things!

And if my eye-candy work was half as good as my trigger work I would consider myself in heaven.

(¯`·._.~RayofLightSword~._.·´¯)
(¯`·._.~Official Unnofficial Forum Uber-1337 King of +1~._.·´¯)
"The Goddess Fortune is the devil's servant, ready to kiss anyone's ass".-William Blake
posted 12-14-03 02:01 PM CT (US)     2 / 86  
Dear rayoflightsword,

I'm glad you want to apply to the position (specialy since no one has posted yet), but I'd like an example of your work with triggers first, make an intro to a game that's quite complicated (RPG, War Scenario), and I'll grade it on how many errors there are, and how smoothly it runs. Just E-Mail me at Theangelknight0@hotmail.com

I'll be looking forward to you joining!

-Fiyih

Random Quote
5) "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

EP's Official Forum

posted 12-14-03 02:12 PM CT (US)     3 / 86  

Quote:

Triiger Master (1)

Quote:

new kind of triggers

*SIGH*

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 12-14-03 02:32 PM CT (US)     4 / 86  
Sorry about that Luke, sometimes I type so fast I mis-spell, anyways, I fixed it!

-Fiyih

Random Quote
5) "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

EP's Official Forum

posted 12-14-03 04:33 PM CT (US)     5 / 86  
If you go public with your new team, make sure that arrogant, sceptic, uninspired and quasi-indifferent folks of old like yours truly can't ruin your effort.

Also, I'm interested in those "new kind of triggers" of yours. If I recall correctly, no new triggers have been added since the last patch.

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 12-14-03 04:48 PM CT (US)     6 / 86  
First, I'm confused on what kind of people your talking about.

Second, new kind of triggers as in trigger tricks like walking on water, lower max HP, invisible farms and such, only new tricks.

Random Quote

EP's Official Forum

posted 12-14-03 10:53 PM CT (US)     7 / 86  
I thought you'd already joined blackstorm, rayoflightsword?

`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·SnakeEyes·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
Resident Hebrew Tribesman
.:Woad creations:Blackstorm Inventions:.
AoE is my game,
SnakeEyes is my name!!!

posted 12-14-03 11:08 PM CT (US)     8 / 86  
I never knew that. The e-mail with the replie was blank for some reason... or at least that was what it seemed... but... YAY!

(¯`·._.~RayofLightSword~._.·´¯)
(¯`·._.~Official Unnofficial Forum Uber-1337 King of +1~._.·´¯)
"The Goddess Fortune is the devil's servant, ready to kiss anyone's ass".-William Blake
posted 12-14-03 11:58 PM CT (US)     9 / 86  
I would like to apply for the Landscaper position. I usually use my computer everyday but at very rare times, I won't be able to go on until the next day or something.

Thanks in advance if I get to take this position.

-Sir Aoc_Freako

posted 12-15-03 00:30 AM CT (US)     10 / 86  
Can you have two landscapers? If so, I would like to apply. For a sample of my work, download this.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm pretty good at designing cities too. I will send you a copy of my Minas Tirith/Osgiliath map tomorrow.

/// (¬, (¯\ (¯¹ ¯)¯ (¯) )¬,
\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

[This message has been edited by Raptor the Good (edited 12-15-2003 @ 00:34 AM).]

posted 12-15-03 00:58 AM CT (US)     11 / 86  
Dear aoc_freako,

You may apply, but I'd like a sample of your work, I'd basicly grade it compared on how realistic it is and how much worse/better it is then mine. Thanks for asking and send your sample to Theangelknight0@hotmail.com

Dear Raptor the Good,

I don't need two landscapers, but it wouldn't hurt to have two. I looked at your example, and I have to say ... wow, pretty good, much like expert scenarios. You have now been filled in for the landscaper job(Don't worry aoc_freako, you can still join, just need a sample)! Some advice on that scenario though, the pond with fish, just put shore fish around instead and the waterfall is great but it needs some shadow at the top if it's possible!

Random Quote

EP's Official Forum

posted 12-15-03 03:59 PM CT (US)     12 / 86  

Quote:

First, I'm confused on what kind of people your talking about.

People like me.

OD · AoKH
posted 12-15-03 07:20 PM CT (US)     13 / 86  
Hello, If anyones out there that any good at landscaping, triggers, or play testing, please e-mail me if you want to join. I only have one member right now and it would be nice to have people join!

-Fiyih

Random Quote

EP's Official Forum

[This message has been edited by Fiyih (edited 12-15-2003 @ 07:49 PM).]

posted 12-15-03 07:48 PM CT (US)     14 / 86  
Yeah, I'm lonely!

\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

posted 12-15-03 08:14 PM CT (US)     15 / 86  
is there something I can do?
posted 12-15-03 08:36 PM CT (US)     16 / 86  
Dear Batman Adam West,

You can apply for either Playtester or Trigger Master, but Landscaper is being discussed right now. You may also request any other position you want.

-Fiyih

Random Quote

EP's Official Forum

posted 12-15-03 09:21 PM CT (US)     17 / 86  
Bad news. I worked on the terrain some, but when I tried to save it, it crashed. I even tried to save it as a different file name. Didn't work. It probably has to do with me having the Macintosh version of the game. Does anyone know a way around this?

\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

posted 12-15-03 09:35 PM CT (US)     18 / 86  
i will apply for trigger master. my email is wuir2000@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by Batman Adam West (edited 12-15-2003 @ 09:36 PM).]

posted 12-15-03 09:39 PM CT (US)     19 / 86  
Ahhh! I'd also apply for landscaper... If I weren't working on my own project currently...

"In a way, you're both winners. But... in a more accurate way, Barney is the winner."
-some NASA guy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current Project: The Doom of Norlraeth 30% complete
posted 12-15-03 09:48 PM CT (US)     20 / 86  
Dear Raptor the Good,

I don't know a way around it, but until we figure out how to work around it, you'll be applied as Landscaper 1 Mac.

-Fiyih

Update: I guess we found the problem, the AI files, now Raptor the Good will be re-poistioned the Head Landscaper.

-Fiyih

Random Quote

EP's Official Forum

[This message has been edited by Fiyih (edited 12-16-2003 @ 11:28 PM).]

posted 12-15-03 09:59 PM CT (US)     21 / 86  
Try sending me the .scx file by itself.(not in a zip)

\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

posted 12-16-03 10:25 PM CT (US)     22 / 86  
Come on people! Somebody join! A great map does little good without gameplay and triggers!

Quote:

Some advice on that scenario though, the pond with fish, just put shore fish around instead

LOL That was actually supposed to be a fountain!

\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

[This message has been edited by Raptor the Good (edited 12-16-2003 @ 10:29 PM).]

posted 12-16-03 11:20 PM CT (US)     23 / 86  
Early today AoC_freako joined the team as a Landscaper 1, thanks for joining AoC_freako!

-Fiyih

Random Quote

EP's Official Forum

[This message has been edited by Fiyih (edited 12-18-2003 @ 00:34 AM).]

posted 12-17-03 00:12 AM CT (US)     24 / 86  
Ok, cool. But we still need a trigger master.

\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

posted 12-17-03 11:48 PM CT (US)     25 / 86  
Well Christmas is coming up and I wish I had a Christmas present for you guys, but I don't even have 2% of my campaign done! Sorry guys, I just hope you guys have a good Christmas break and remember, it's Wedsday! It all goes downhill to the weekend from here!

-Fiyih

Random Quote

EP's Official Forum

posted 12-18-03 06:17 AM CT (US)     26 / 86  
..I'd volunteer for a trigger master if I wasn't so intent to work onmy own....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
posted 12-18-03 07:16 PM CT (US)     27 / 86  
Fiyih: Thanks for accepting me!

That would be cool if there was a Christmas scenario!! Or...for each holiday! (There should be some comedy)

[This message has been edited by aoc_freako (edited 12-18-2003 @ 07:16 PM).]

posted 12-20-03 01:23 AM CT (US)     28 / 86  
December 19th,

Well, it's Friday! Yay! Christmas Break! Well, I hope you guys are glad about that, I'm just here to remind you that we're still looking for people to join and if you really want to, we can have more 2 landscapers. Have a great day tomorrow guys!

-Fiyih

Random Quote

EP's Official Forum

posted 12-20-03 09:54 AM CT (US)     29 / 86  
gee, id like to join, actually id love to, but my game does not work anymore. though, i can make some basic ai scripts...

email me:
thezip1@comcast.net

if i get my game working again, il email you. i dont have the cd.

how long will these postions be up> Cuz i wanna be a play tester............

[This message has been edited by mec dealer (edited 12-20-2003 @ 09:59 AM).]

posted 12-22-03 10:41 AM CT (US)     30 / 86  
Well, if you don't have the CD, how do you expect the game to work?

\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

posted 12-22-03 10:46 AM CT (US)     31 / 86  
I'll join, either as landscaper or trigger master.
I can make some pretty good cities, with some time and the right inspiration.
EDIT: God! Im dumb. Remove Landscaper from my post!!!

Email me at: iroberts37@aol.com

sorry if these spots are already taken!

[This message has been edited by Colosseum (edited 12-22-2003 @ 10:53 AM).]

posted 12-22-03 11:40 AM CT (US)     32 / 86  
I'm glad someone else decided to join. But first you have to send Fiyih a sample of your work:

Quoted from Fiyih:

I'm glad you want to apply to the position (specialy since no one has posted yet), but I'd like an example of your work with triggers first, make an intro to a game that's quite complicated (RPG, War Scenario), and I'll grade it on how many errors there are, and how smoothly it runs. Just E-Mail me at Theangelknight0@hotmail.com

Quoted from Topic:

Trigger Master will be graded on ...
40% Errors
60% How smooth it runs
Note: Trigger Masters must have at least 25 example triggers that all affact each other in some way.

\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

posted 12-22-03 11:49 AM CT (US)     33 / 86  
25 example triggers? About what???!!!!
You're asking just a cut scene? With ONLY 25 triggers, right??

I've made some with at least 75 triggers... ugh!

posted 12-22-03 11:56 AM CT (US)     34 / 86  
Ummmmmmmmmmm.......shutting up, period. *whistles a song that lasts 20 minutes*

*keeps whistling but slowly walks away*

[This message has been edited by aoc_freako (edited 12-22-2003 @ 12:43 PM).]

posted 12-22-03 11:59 AM CT (US)     35 / 86  
that last post WAS COMPLETELY POINTLESS!!!!!
oh well. its all good

anyway, what should i make the triggers about?

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Era Productions Team
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames