Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I need to see dead people
posted 10-18-04 07:18 AM CT (US)   
OK, I have another question for all you clever people out there. Is there any way to have a dead body remain with its blood and guts spewing out without decomposing into a skeleton? I'm inclined to think the answer is no but when I searched the forums, I found this thread in which Philip Dunscombe appears to suggest that it can be done, although he does not elucidate. However, I may have misinterpreted his comment or perhaps he was pulling everyone's leg? Any insights would be gratefully received. (Btw I realise there is a sort of way round it by killing units at the right time but this is not quite as effective.)
Replies:
posted 10-18-04 07:32 AM CT (US)     1 / 10  
I am no expert in this, but I think that by setting it like:

upon seeing object A, kill object A

you might get the result you want :S

posted 10-18-04 08:01 AM CT (US)     2 / 10  
Like demon_revival suggested, maybe you should kill the object when another object comes close (preferrably kill him before the fog of war around him disappears)?

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 10-18-04 12:06 PM CT (US)     3 / 10  
Thanks guys/gals (I'm guessing the former but don't want to be sexist). So in effect the answer to the original question is no.
posted 10-18-04 12:51 PM CT (US)     4 / 10  
Or download Genedit! And you can make all the dead body units appear on your list of objects in the editor

²ºº4(¯`'·.¸_ I_N_F_A_R_E_D _¸.·'´¯)²ºº4
Member of DGDN.
Learn the rules so you know how to break them.

posted 10-18-04 02:00 PM CT (US)     5 / 10  
Thanks, I_N_F_A_R_E_D. I will have to look into it. Guess I'll be back with more questions after I've done that...
posted 10-18-04 06:28 PM CT (US)     6 / 10  
Stephen:

All dead units will go through their decay animation. I've yet to see anyone to freeze the animation. However, some units decay slower than others, and the one that decays the slowest is the beta/hidden unit Heavy Crossbow.

Like my comrade I_N_F_A_R_E_D pointed out, the GeniEd2 can place all the dead objects (dead animations) into the AoK editor. Once there we can use them, and the other hidden objects in triggers.

Once the 'dead units' are inside the editor, it may be possible to freeze them through triggers, or at least to continuously replace (refresh) them with the 'Create Object' effect.

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 10-18-04 06:49 PM CT (US)     7 / 10  

M U S I C ! (& other random stuff)

[This message has been edited by RIPMKIV9398 1987 (edited 10-18-2004 @ 06:50 PM).]

posted 10-18-04 11:05 PM CT (US)     8 / 10  
The first time i saw the tile, i thought you were necrophilic :P

Lol, pay me no attention, is just a very uncommon flaw by me.

--
Best regards

Balazs
posted 10-19-04 06:34 AM CT (US)     9 / 10  
Thanks to everyone for help on this.

Well, how do you know I'm not a necrophiliac? (Actually, title was an oblique reference to that film where the kid can see dead people.)

posted 10-19-04 07:56 AM CT (US)     10 / 10  
6th sense...One of the most boring movies I've seen.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » I need to see dead people
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames