Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New AoK:TC Trigger Effect in future version of AoKTS
posted 11-14-05 07:20 AM CT (US)   
While I was doing hex-editing on a scenario file uncompressed by DigiT's program, I find that we can do myriad things on the tribute effect. By changing the resource type, we can actually "tribute" kill amount, razing or everything else you can see under the Accumulate Attribute condition. (though tributing population will increase/decrease both the recent and the maximum number)

DigiT has already added the relic option under the resource type list of tribute effect, but he did not know that the Accumulate Attribute condition actually shares the same "resource list" with tribute effect. Therefore, I have told me to implement this update in the next version of AoKTS and he has promised to do so.

I believe this will be pretty useful for multi-player scenarios like RPG (e.g. loop razing level-up system or conversion level-up system in a single trigger) and Bloods (e.g. buy kill/razing/conversion amount), and there is quite a high possibility for more hidden attributes.

Replies:
posted 11-14-05 07:05 PM CT (US)     1 / 9  
This is simply amazing. If these resources are capped at the low end at zero like resources (well, barring negative tributes...), then we have even more possibilities. A much better alternative than the quirky Kill Ratio, an easier solution to the pop limit, and more. Easier to keep track of Razings... Damn, this is good. You guys get the zyx award.

zyx <-- for STC
zyx <-- for Digit

Wear them proudly!

Edited, in order to remove a sentence that would provoke a response from AK which I don't feel like responding to... Read the edit log if you want, but I'm dropping it, AK. :-p

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."

[This message has been edited by zyxomma100 (edited 11-14-2005 @ 07:16 PM).]

posted 11-14-05 08:30 PM CT (US)     2 / 9  
wow cool

if you want higher population download the file i did when you reasearch this tech it gives you +100 then +200 and then +500 for a total of +1000 men

posted 11-14-05 08:38 PM CT (US)     3 / 9  
Wah, this is just brillant. Ah, to have the minds that you do, I'd be quite happy. It's going to be quite useful in later days - ugh, I feel inferior again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
posted 11-15-05 04:14 AM CT (US)     4 / 9  
Hm... Nifty.

However, the program as-is is far from complete. There are enough bugs to iron out - a start would be to get the program to recognize the difference between "Send Chat" and "Play Sound", which invalidates a lot of my triggers in AoKTS, while they are perfectly normal in AoC...

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 11-15-05 01:28 PM CT (US)     5 / 9  
Nice find! You never stop surprising me, scenario_t_c.
posted 11-16-05 09:13 AM CT (US)     6 / 9  
Great find TC and DiGiT, you guys never cease to amaze, and give me inspiration.
posted 11-16-05 09:34 AM CT (US)     7 / 9  
Am I the only one who can't seem to make AOKTS work?
posted 11-20-05 04:38 PM CT (US)     8 / 9  
Where do I find the trigger studio? (And I'll save time by asking how to work it to. How do you work and download it?)
posted 11-20-05 05:03 PM CT (US)     9 / 9  
AoK Trigger Studio is here. There is a helpfile included in the zip that explains some of its features.

geebert| Firefox & LinuX User | GenieWiki User
"You know you're bored when you click the links in peoples' sigs." - Meditative Monk
"Shhhhhh... be nice to other Heavens. The old Heavens are supposed to be wise and maintain a role-model status" - Aro
Favorite Links: AoK Trigger Studio - Scenario FAQ - Scenario Library
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » New AoK:TC Trigger Effect in future version of AoKTS
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames