You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Just in case you didn't know ...
posted 01-07-06 03:35 PM CT (US)   
One of the best things about scenario_t_c:s enhanced version of GeniEd2 is the ability to place any objects anywhere on the map, regardless of terrain or already existing units. The trick is to reduce the editor size radius and terrain restriction of a unit to zero. Changing these resources won't affect the game as long as you stick to non-player controlled units.

Myself, I've done this with trees, mines, bushes, mountains and rocks and it is truly a great joy to stack things on top of each other without the use of the invisible tile or AoKTS. Go ahead and try - you'll surely find it as useful as I did. Kudos to s_t_c for improving an already excellent utility. =)

Replies:
posted 01-07-06 04:16 PM CT (US)     1 / 13  
Well the extra options aren't needed really though.

DEADJEDI20
Aok Veteran-Current project=The ledgend of jeff campagin
SWBG Veteran
Star wars empire at war Veteran
posted 01-13-06 02:53 PM CT (US)     2 / 13  
Is there any way to do this for all the units and not have to go through one by one?

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
       My Downloads | I m p e r i a l C r e a t i o n s
        Contact Mee Sig Version 1.6
posted 01-13-06 02:57 PM CT (US)     3 / 13  
You could have Oliver email you his data file lol.

dannyking.me

posted 01-13-06 09:51 PM CT (US)     4 / 13  
Like Stephen Richards said, I've pretty much given up on designing because only campaigns with invisible flying bananas can get a 5.0 now.
posted 01-14-06 01:01 AM CT (US)     5 / 13  

Quote:

truly a great joy to stack things on top of each other without the use of the invisible tile or AoKTS.

You can place multiple buildings on top of each other using rms. I made a templet with 100 castles on top of each other (looks like only one), sure shoots a bunch of arrows at any enemies within sight

Quoted from Colo the Great:

only campaigns with invisible flying bananas can get a 5.0 now.

So just tell them they're there and it's not your fault player can't find them. *smile*

Proud member of Dragon Gaming Design Network
Group: DGDN Staff Title: DGDN RMScripter
Download Seasons.rms
posted 01-14-06 06:02 AM CT (US)     6 / 13  
I thought this thread had died...?

Quote:

Is there any way to do this for all the units and not have to go through one by one?

Nope. But trust me; it's worth it.

Quote:

Like Stephen Richards said, I've pretty much given up on designing because only campaigns with invisible flying bananas can get a 5.0 now.

Oh c'mon, for once I've shared a trick with you that doesn't have anything to do with hex editing - yet you're still complaining. What do you want me to do, shut up? (oh wait... don't answer that question)
posted 01-18-06 10:47 PM CT (US)     7 / 13  
I've been learning how to do the triggerless population trick, and also how to use the new GeniEd. I think it would be a good idea to post the .dat you design with, Oliver, as a utility. I don't really feel like going through and manually changing all those boxes, and I'm sure it would save everyone else a lot of time too.

BTW, would it be possible to garrison a unit inside say, a paladin, then revert back to normal and it still be there? I'm fairly sure it would revert back, but if it didn't, you could have a unit appear next to its horse when the horse died (if you ignore the noticable fact that the man appears dead with the horse).

posted 01-18-06 11:08 PM CT (US)     8 / 13  

Quote:

...would it be possible to garrison a unit inside say, a paladin...

I was wondering about this too, but I forgot to try it. Oliver didn't you have a horse garrisoned in a horse in your Teuton in Love game?

dannyking.me

posted 01-18-06 11:41 PM CT (US)     9 / 13  
Never tried it, but I don't see any reason why it would revert back...

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 01-19-06 00:43 AM CT (US)     10 / 13  
How would you control whether units appear around it or not, though, when it dies. E.G. a transport ship's units die if it sinks, but not a ram or town center's.
posted 01-19-06 03:55 AM CT (US)     11 / 13  

Quote:

I think it would be a good idea to post the .dat you design with, Oliver, as a utility.

My .dat is completely screwed up because I've adapted it to Lightning and Thunder. However, I can revert back to a "clean" copy of the empires file, make any changes you want me to change and then upload it to the smith. Post whatever changes you want me to do and I'll do them (I can do graphics and technology editing too).

Quote:

would it be possible to garrison a unit inside say, a paladin, then revert back to normal and it still be there?

You can either a) garrison x in y with AoKTS. You can then ungarrison x from y but you won't be able to get it back in. Or b) change the stats of x in GeniEd and make it garrisonable. I'm not sure why units garrisoned in rams aren't killed when the ram is, while all units in a transport ship drowns when the ship sinks.

posted 01-19-06 10:50 AM CT (US)     12 / 13  

Quote:

...change the stats of x in GeniEd and make it garrisonable...

Where do you seen the "make garrisonable" thing? All I see is Garrison Capacity, which doesn't do it, I tried. Or it might and I'm just dumb, which is likely. It wouldn't be Garrison tag would it (just found that)? By the way, I'm looking at the Horse in GeniEd(enhanced version).

I also think posting your .data file with whatever cool trick you can do would be awesome Oliver.

dannyking.me

posted 01-19-06 11:28 AM CT (US)     13 / 13  
This is an awsome find, Ive used it for SWGB and the effects are amazing.
Well done dude, hope you keep coming up with more tricks.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Just in case you didn't know ...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames