Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoKH Piece by Piece
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38  Next Page »
posted 03-06-06 11:11 PM CT (US)   

THE IDEA

The idea for this map is to have a scenario completely influenced by AoKH. The goal is not to make the prettiest looking map, nor to make the most intricate triggers. The goal is to see how a community, like ours, can work together to achieve a goal. It is actually more of an experiment in this way. The goal I speak of, is to make a scenario that has map design and triggers from many different designers. The only way I could think of to achieve this, was to make a blank map with sections marked out. Everyone who signs up will be assigned a section. You may get multiple sections if we do not get enough designers.

SCENARIO GRID

FINAL GOAL

The goal of this project is not to score a nickel at the Blacksmith, or to win some award. The real goal of the project is to promote teamwork(not seen much in forums), and to have fun. The most important thing is to have fun. As long as the campaign can function properly to the end, I will be happy. I invision a map with action packed into every square inch. Working on such a small part of the map at one time will focus all of your creativity into one spot. Now, imagine that spread out over the whole map. It may not have the best storyline, but it should be funny.

DESIGN HONORS

FUNNIEST SQUARE: zyxomma100
BEST MAP DESIGN: Oliver
BEST PUZZLE: PaulC
MOST HELPFUL DESIGNER: Dave_Earl(by far)
BEST STORY SEGMENT: Lord Basse
BEST BUILDING DESIGN: Jerry

BEST SQUARE: zyxomma100

Piece by Piece Blacksmith Download Link

[This message has been edited by newIdea (edited 02-14-2007 @ 07:35 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-06-06 11:14 PM CT (US)     1 / 1310  
If you see something wrong, or something that needs to be changed, please let me know.

dannyking.me

posted 03-06-06 11:26 PM CT (US)     2 / 1310  
If every section has its own trigers, who gets to start off?

Anyway, this looks pretty fun. I'll join. I'll take E-1.

Night life | Projects (updated Jan 19, 2007) | Castaway
posted 03-06-06 11:26 PM CT (US)     3 / 1310  
Sounds cool, count me in!

Btw, I like the logo...

EDIT: Could I have A-1 plz..?

EDIT 2: Nvm, a-2 will be fine...

___~ Super Cell 51 ~___
"Live every day as though it was your last."
JESUS SAVES!

[This message has been edited by Super_Cell_51 (edited 03-06-2006 @ 11:33 PM).]

posted 03-06-06 11:31 PM CT (US)     4 / 1310  
A1 is the start, and E5 is the end. As you can see, I am doing both of those, to try and make sure it all ties together.

You're both added. And Night, I will assign positions, but you are welcome to suggest what you want.

dannyking.me

posted 03-06-06 11:40 PM CT (US)     5 / 1310  
I would like to participate. I'll take B-4.

(Note: I'll only be able to work on this map after March 19th, because I got myself a temporary job and will be working until then!)

posted 03-06-06 11:52 PM CT (US)     6 / 1310  
Added. So I was thinking about the direction the map should follow. How about it zig-zags from A1 to E5? And(of course) alot of interesting things happen along the way.

We still need character names.

dannyking.me

posted 03-07-06 01:24 AM CT (US)     7 / 1310  
This is decent nI! I was thinking, not another community project. Please sign me up...if possible could you place me near the end so I have time to get situated with my move?
posted 03-07-06 01:40 AM CT (US)     8 / 1310  
Yes, I hope people don't ignore this thread for that same reason, Ana.
I really have put quite a bit of thoughy into this.
Btw, Added.

I was going to let Ollie get first choice of where he wants to be, since he's first on the list. But once he chooses, you guys can tell me where you want to be. And yes, of course you can be near the end Ana. Best for last.

dannyking.me

[This message has been edited by newIdea (edited 03-07-2006 @ 01:43 AM).]

posted 03-07-06 02:33 AM CT (US)     9 / 1310  
Ok, godammit, I'll give it a go. I can't resist the pull of challenges like this.
posted 03-07-06 03:39 AM CT (US)     10 / 1310  

Quote:

I was going to let Ollie get first choice of where he wants to be, since he's first on the list. But once he chooses, you guys can tell me where you want to be. And yes, of course you can be near the end Ana. Best for last.

I'd like to have A2 if it's okay. I'm gonna give this project a good kickstart.
posted 03-07-06 03:48 AM CT (US)     11 / 1310  
Hey, sounds good, I'll sign up I'm really intrested in seeing everyones differant styles of Map/Scenario Making skills in 1 Scenario... It should be good!

May I please have D-3?
(But if anyone else wants it I'll be happy to trade, I don't mind which section I get )

EDIT: Will you be uploading a pic every time someones done their section of the work so we can see the progress the WHOLE way through?

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         

[This message has been edited by Dark_Reign (edited 03-07-2006 @ 03:50 AM).]

posted 03-07-06 03:53 AM CT (US)     12 / 1310  
Sign me up, nI!

If possible, I would like the centre tile. ^^

» Ranger Scenario Designer: AoC

[This message has been edited by defect (edited 03-07-2006 @ 03:55 AM).]

posted 03-07-06 03:56 AM CT (US)     13 / 1310  
Sorry to be annoying, lol, but would it be possible (I am willing to change tiles if nececary) But I'd like not to be situated near any water pleeeeeeease...?

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         
posted 03-07-06 04:16 AM CT (US)     14 / 1310  
ok, newIdea. since i haven't got anything going yet, i wanna help. I'll do SOME of the admin stuff eg making sure people get the map etc, but i'd like a square. What size of map is it btw? And please can I have mine over a weekend, fri-sat-sun?? because that's the only time i'd really be able to work on it. What is the vague storyline? or isn't there one yet...

----HUN
hu$tler
posted 03-07-06 07:48 AM CT (US)     15 / 1310  
Good idea newIdea, not a new idea but keeping it simple is a good idea. I'll give it a whirl.
posted 03-07-06 07:58 AM CT (US)     16 / 1310  
I would like C-3 I was goin to join last night but couldnt't(Internet got messed up)
posted 03-07-06 08:12 AM CT (US)     17 / 1310  
Sign me up!
I can't work on this 9,10,11,12 May, so please don't send it to me then.

Hussarknight
posted 03-07-06 08:59 AM CT (US)     18 / 1310  
I'll sign up! I don't really care what section I get, but please put me a bit to the end (like Ana), so I can shift it in more easily.

"Luctor et emergo."

» Jeremiah
Staff Member of Dragon Gaming Design Network
Visit the TreeTop Productions Blog!
posted 03-07-06 10:14 AM CT (US)     19 / 1310  
Nvm my first post i would like to have B-1 if thats ok.

___~ Super Cell 51 ~___
"Live every day as though it was your last."
JESUS SAVES!
posted 03-07-06 10:21 AM CT (US)     20 / 1310  
I am terribly sorry to tell you guys this, but the project is currently on hold. I have just received an email from a good friend, that has caused some confusion. I am not going to say anything to cause a commotion, but I just thought it would be fair to let you know what is going on. I will not continue, until I have received this person's permission. I have always strive to do, what I think is right, and this seems to be it at the moment. Although I am not calling the project off, I do wish to apologize to all of you.

And I would also like to thank all of you for your support so far. hun, if I continue, I will take you on board. I will let everyone know what's going on, as soon as I hear it.

dannyking.me

posted 03-07-06 10:54 AM CT (US)     21 / 1310  
Ah, bummer. What's the confusion about?

"Luctor et emergo."

» Jeremiah
Staff Member of Dragon Gaming Design Network
Visit the TreeTop Productions Blog!
posted 03-07-06 11:35 AM CT (US)     22 / 1310  
I'll join if it comes back on track!

Any tile is good for me (just give the ones that's left after everyone else has picked )

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
       My Downloads | I m p e r i a l C r e a t i o n s
        Contact Mee Sig Version 1.6
posted 03-07-06 11:49 AM CT (US)     23 / 1310  
Hey everyone id really like to help on this project it soudns like fun... I just joined the forums yesterday on this name but ive been around here since AOK came out so dont worry im not a noob.
posted 03-07-06 12:00 PM CT (US)     24 / 1310  
IF you wouldn't mind i would like to hlep out in this project though I am wondering is what if we want to design a certain style, maybe a more wintery style than the previous designer what steps would be taken to allow this?

I also guess the size of the squares will depend on the number of entries.

In terms of story will it have the idea of multiple connected stories or something else like we all must continue the story of one character?.

Quote:

must clearly mark where you triggers are

What do you mean by this? On the map with flags or in a description like this:

Quote:

WILDCARD SQUARE B3 TRIGGER "NAME OR NUMBER"

posted 03-07-06 12:02 PM CT (US)     25 / 1310  
This sounds awesome! If the project continues, then I would like to participate.
posted 03-07-06 12:02 PM CT (US)     26 / 1310  
I am truly sorry for this guys. I am forced to close this thread and the project. I wish not to say why, at the moment. But I am very sad about this, as I was really looking forward to starting this. But I will continue to work on my private projects, and finish Mormegil. Immediatley after I write this reply, I will be emailing a Mod asking them to close the thread. I feel this is the only right thing to do. I thank all of you for your kind support, I hope I can do another(different) project later.

- nI

dannyking.me

[This message has been edited by newIdea (edited 03-07-2006 @ 12:26 PM).]

posted 03-07-06 12:03 PM CT (US)     27 / 1310  
What could you possibly have stolen? The idea's free :S

Clarify the situation and verify his claims before you close the whole thread!

[This message has been edited by PaulC2001 (edited 03-07-2006 @ 12:04 PM).]

posted 03-07-06 12:03 PM CT (US)     28 / 1310  
Reminds that one Daftpanzer tried to do, which failed.

I wanna join, sign me up, And gimme D2!

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 03-07-06 12:12 PM CT (US)     29 / 1310  

Quote:

stealing material

What type of material?

posted 03-07-06 12:14 PM CT (US)     30 / 1310  

Quote:

stealing material

What type of material? It can't be the idea as this idea has been done before and failed, if its a story line again I odn't think someonelse can really stop you if there are similar ideas in a story unless they can prove you took it directly from them. And so on..

EDIT: Sorry, accidental double post..

[This message has been edited by WildCardDoW (edited 03-07-2006 @ 12:15 PM).]

posted 03-07-06 12:15 PM CT (US)     31 / 1310  
This sounds utterly preposterous. Surely some crossed wires?

Quoted from PaulC2001:

What could you possibly have stolen? The idea's free.

posted 03-07-06 12:24 PM CT (US)     32 / 1310  
This is bollocks. You cannot steal an idea, newIdea. If this person claims you can then he is a stupid n00b.
posted 03-07-06 12:26 PM CT (US)     33 / 1310  
Who is he anyway?
posted 03-07-06 12:30 PM CT (US)     34 / 1310  

Quote:

he is a stupid n00b.

Please Ollie, do not say that.

It is my own fault, I guess. The reasons for this are actually unclear, but I felt it is the best decision to close it. I am sorry for getting people's hopes up, I really did not expect this at all. I really do think this could have been fun. But this is what I feel is right, and I always try to do what is right(hate me if you want).

It was fun while it lasted(12 hourse) .

- nI

dannyking.me

[This message has been edited by newIdea (edited 03-07-2006 @ 12:32 PM).]

posted 03-07-06 12:34 PM CT (US)     35 / 1310  
It's your decision, but can you at least tell us why?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » AoKH Piece by Piece
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames