Topic Subject: My First Project: Battle of the Midnight Sky
posted 06-02-06 10:22 PM CT (US)   
Eirozon Zemus presents you:
~Battle of the Midnight Sky~

------------------------------
Moon & Sun
rise day & night
-----------------------------
Mother had given birth to two twins, and had named them after the Sun & Moon.
Father believed the two young children would grow up to be the gods of the Sun & Moon and rule all over the lands.
Until many villagers complained there was not enough daylight, then seperated the two children from eachother...

-The Sun had the ability to unleash light upon the world having flowers advance to full bloom creating peace and beauty.
As for the Moon obtained a cold heart and covered the world with a permanent dark coating.
If the Sun grew weary in battle, the Moons strength would increase causing a blackout between the forces of the Earth.
Many animals would suffer and the Earth would eventually die out.

If the two could not control their power correctly, the result would end up terribly.
The side-affects for the Sun was that if he unleashed his power too far, he could dry the whole planet causing people to suffer greatly.
The Moon however could resist from burning and drown out the heat.

Three moons (days) had passed and Mother and Father were forced to be killed
for giving birth to a child who could not control Sun correctly.

The tribe of Chief Kyoda was forced to kill the child of the Sun
but the kind Chief Kyoda did not like war.
He was a man of peace and kindness, a truely honored Chief.

6 moons later, Chief Vilo, the chief of the village who looked after the Moon had found the Treaty of Cosmellesis (treaty to decide which child shall rule the lands)

Though the child of the Moon had been raised as a powerful warrior. He was thought to be stronger than the Sun.
Chief Vilo gathered his village around the statue of the Moon.
"The Treaty of Cosmellesis says: If either child, Sun or Moon fail to succeed in understanding the wisdom and power of Moon or Sun shall be tested to see who is powerful over the other. If fails to succeed, the ruler shall decide what shall happen over the lands."

The Sun's absence of understanding the Sun's wisdom and power is now to be tested. The fate of day and night has come.
This test will decide who is more powerful over the other.
The destiny of day and night shall be decided on this dangerous quest
-----------------------------

Gameplay:
1.You play as the Sun to try and stop the Moon from killing you.
2.Of course you will need to hustle up some warriors because you barely have any skills ect. in the beginning.
(Your stats will build in each scenario)
3.Kill the Moon and rule over all the lands.
(Actually you decide to kill the Moon or let him live that is if you win the battle)

ADDED: You play as Chief Kyoda as well + RPG & puzzling riddles.

Scenarios:

Scenario: -Prologue- Sun & Moon
Progress: 89% Complete
Description: The storyline of the birth of the two children and how their fate is going to be decided.

---------------

Scenario: The Unleashing
Progress: 73% Complete
Description: Sun returns to his old home to kill the tribe who had killed his parents and avenge their death.

---------------

Scenario: Return of Sythislian
Progress: 35% Complete
Description: (Not Available)

---------------

Scenario: Final Test (note: I had a better title but forgot)
Progress: 68% Complete
Description: The test to find out who shall rule over the lands and find who is stronger of of the two.

---------------

Scenario: -Epilogue- We Fight No More - or Unfolding (note: I'll decide later)
Progress: N/A
Description: What happens after the battle and find out what peace you have summoned over the land.
Features: There will be two outposts, you must select one, the Left one is a the epilogue to what happens when you killed the Moon and the Right one is the epilogue to what happens when you let the Moon survive.

Overall
0% |IIIIIIIIII| 100%
53%

Screenshots:
N/A
Coming Soon!

I'm not in need for playtesters yet, but feel free to sign-up if you are interested. Hopefully cat can playtest it, I didn't get a reply back from him yet

====================

Playtesters:
cat
BIH Sting

====================

Here you are, my very first campain.
*If anyone else had an idea like this, please tell me and I will ask the mods to lock this thread*

Feel free to post comments now Don't mind this below...
-PS: The mapsizes are in ranges from Normal to Giant.

ATTENTION:AGH! DO NOT READ THIS YET, WHILE I WAS POSTING, I ACCIDENTLY CLICKED ADD NEW POST INSTEAD OF PREVIEW! PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS IT IS STILL UNDER VERY MUCH CONSTRUCTION!!

ФČirozon ~ ŻęღusФ╔╣ĐestinΨ╠╗ФČirozon ~ ŻęღusФ
ˆ·._.-ALGEBRA: A Weapon of Math Destruction-._.·ˆ
ФČirozon ~ ŻęღusФ╚╣ĐestinΨ╠╝ФČirozon ~ ŻęღusФ
Once I wondered why a frisbee got bigger as it got closer to me, but then it hit me...
Project:Battle of the Midnight Sky

[This message has been edited by Eirozon Zemus (edited 06-03-2006 @ 02:56 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-03-06 00:04 AM CT (US)     1 / 19  
Looks interesting, I'll playtest!

I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a life-age of the earth. But it was not the end. I've been sent back until my task is done...
... I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.
posted 06-03-06 09:44 AM CT (US)     2 / 19  
Sorry if you could not understand the Storyline correctly, I was really tired yesterday and well, I can't really think good at night.
Thanks for the support BIH Sting , I'll add you in right now.

EDITED:Umm... I'm not quite sure if the title suits my campain/RPG. I'll try to think of another.

ФČirozon ~ ŻęღusФ╔╣ĐestinΨ╠╗ФČirozon ~ ŻęღusФ
ˆ·._.-ALGEBRA: A Weapon of Math Destruction-._.·ˆ
ФČirozon ~ ŻęღusФ╚╣ĐestinΨ╠╝ФČirozon ~ ŻęღusФ
Once I wondered why a frisbee got bigger as it got closer to me, but then it hit me...
Project:Battle of the Midnight Sky

[This message has been edited by Eirozon Zemus (edited 06-03-2006 @ 09:48 AM).]

posted 06-03-06 10:27 AM CT (US)     3 / 19  

Quoted from Topic post:

*If anyone else had an idea like this, please tell me and I will ask the mods to lock this thread*

Some parts, like the characters Sun and Moon, sound like Lightning and Thunder
But other parts doesn't

This seems interesting and fun. I cant playtest though, but I wish you good luck!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |Æ| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |Æ|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalėn (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 06-03-06 11:10 AM CT (US)     4 / 19  
Gosh, when I read Thunder and Lightning, there is alot the same!
I put in the destiny and fate and stuff and yeah. I think I should lock this unless it's ok with Oliver.

[This message has been edited by Eirozon Zemus (edited 06-03-2006 @ 02:21 PM).]

posted 06-03-06 12:47 PM CT (US)     5 / 19  

Not bad.... Not bad at all. You could send it to me so that i can playtest it too.

Even if you dont need send it i always like new maps to play

WHAT THE BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I am no Turk i am Portuguese ..... I just like to play Turk
And the 50 thousand Janissarys came upon the byzantine walls Constantinople and the byzantine empire were about to end..
posted 06-03-06 01:17 PM CT (US)     6 / 19  
Why Thunder77? Oliver is making L&T

Anyway I dont think you should cancel it. This is not like L&T, only some parts. Others are not.
I think you should continue!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |Æ|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalėn (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 06-03-06 01:24 PM CT (US)     7 / 19  
It only resembles L&T on the theme: 2 twins, separated at birth, and reunited only to fight one another...

Anyway, I think you should put some thought into their "powers". If I understood it right, they have the power to control the Sun and the Moon, respectively... Moon was trained to be a fighter, and Sun wasn't...

You can really improve the dramatic side of this story, thus making it even more interesting.

posted 06-03-06 01:26 PM CT (US)     8 / 19  
If so, Sun should be able to dry out places and Moon to drown them. Just a thought, if you make them in this theme...

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
posted 06-03-06 02:24 PM CT (US)     9 / 19  
Hmm.. well I will think about that, I'm trieing to gather some thoughts on how to improve this.
Anyway, Chief Kyoda does not like to fight, thats why he did not train the Sun.

EDITED: Oops, nevermind.
I should really correct my work when I submit it, I found 7 mistakes in my storyline so far and am trieing as hard as I can to fix them.

-Sorry Cesar, I'm not too great at English and I'm not very good at writing.
Do you mind giving me an example on how to make my story better? If so, I will gladly give you credit.

Nvm, I'm gathering some great idea's.

Quote:

Why Thunder77? Oliver is making L&T

Sorry, I'm not thinking straight. Fixed that.

[This message has been edited by Eirozon Zemus (edited 06-03-2006 @ 02:35 PM).]

posted 06-03-06 02:32 PM CT (US)     10 / 19  
Sounds like a great project man, Hopefulkly your good at terrain design and map candy because those are crucial parts to campaigns, Also, if you want i can playtest for you and check up on your terrain, map candy and eye candy(There is a difference)
posted 06-03-06 02:50 PM CT (US)     11 / 19  
When I edited the story and talked about the Sun and Moon's power, it makes it sound like the Moon is bad.
I will probably have to revise my storyline.

Anyway, thanks Cesar and thanks for the effort Lord Basse, but I don't really want the sun to burn the whole place and dry it out, but it makes sense. I might possibly add it.

EDITED: There we go. It sounds quite better, I made it that the side-affects for the Sun are bad, but for the Moon, the side-affects are good therefore making the Moon good too.

Forgive me for talking strange like this, I'm in a HUUUGEEE Rush.

[This message has been edited by Eirozon Zemus (edited 06-04-2006 @ 10:23 AM).]

posted 06-03-06 04:08 PM CT (US)     12 / 19  
Go ahead and make it, I don't care.
(Heck, you'll probably finish yours before I do )

The Sun and Moon parts actually remind me some of the fantasy mythology I've been writing on for the past five years. I'm translating some to BFME2 Heaven, head over to the Fan Fiction and Art forum and find the stickied 'Crystal of Supremacy' thread if you're interested. Nm, here's a link.

posted 06-03-06 07:34 PM CT (US)     13 / 19  
The project sounds good, a little strange, but indeed differant. Good luck.

BTW, Ollie, will have to read your story later. I myself am trying to write a dark fantasy thriller about the dark lord, Sarutchna Satnguanis desiring to conquer the world. He has raised an army of 10,000,000 Dusnerks or Demons, led by the General Kutu'ulker and in which will be set out to erradicate the world's inhabitants. A Massive battle will be fought to stop this underworld invasion force at the base of the mountains in which the Demon army had come out of. While the Demon army battles it out with the Human army set out against them, the Dark Lord, or fallen angel (like lucifer) will strive for supremecy with the world's God.

[This message has been edited by Mashek331 (edited 06-03-2006 @ 07:41 PM).]

posted 06-04-06 09:12 AM CT (US)     14 / 19  
Looks good, good luck with this.

Quote:

Three moons (days) had passed

Moons are generally regarded as months, since one month shows the full cycle of one moon. Also having one of your characters called moon is confusing when you call days moons as well.

Just a thought; why not call them lunus and solus or something?

posted 06-04-06 10:22 AM CT (US)     15 / 19  
I knew I went wrong somewhere, I couldn't remember if moons were months or days, I was certain it was a day.
Anyhow, I will change that.
Sorry I don't think very logically, as I am terrible in Science, History.

Quote:

Just a thought; why not call them lunus and solus or something?

Hmm, I don't know such things like these.
I don't think I should post any campains when I'm not sure of things.
I'll gather some more books and research.

posted 06-04-06 12:02 PM CT (US)     16 / 19  
You know what I want to see? A campaign which is entirely fighting, with no storyline whatsoever, where all the main characters die, and everybody blows up in a huge fireball of macaw explosions, and there's no italicized poem at the beginnning.

I would pay money for that.

posted 06-04-06 12:05 PM CT (US)     17 / 19  
Haha. It's not a poem though, it's just an italiscised story.
posted 06-04-06 12:08 PM CT (US)     18 / 19  
I wasn't directly referring to this campaign, which looks OK, BTW.
posted 06-04-06 12:45 PM CT (US)     19 / 19  

Quote:

You know what I want to see? A campaign which is entirely fighting, with no storyline whatsoever, where all the main characters die, and everybody blows up in a huge fireball of macaw explosions, and there's no italicized poem at the beginnning.

You just wait till I upload 'Lightning & Thunder Pt. III' aka 'Oliver vs. AoKH' to the Blacksmith.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » My First Project: Battle of the Midnight Sky
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames