Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project: Blossoming Hatred
posted 07-25-06 06:22 AM CT (US)   
Blossoming Hatred - A new scenario project by Scud

Looking from the top of the ridge into the valley below, Lord Rufus saw his life was in ruins.
His estate had been razed to the ground, his crops burnt, his wife and children murdered. What a way for peace to end. It was a peace of false hope and folly anyway, but now things had gone too far. The pillaging bands and forces of Queen Cassandra had gone too far and penetrated deep into the heart of the peasants' land. Lord Rufus turned his back on the parched and destroyed valley, and on his noble life, and he took to the mountain road to march to the capital, to warn the elderly and frail King Saul that these mere raiding parties would soon turn into a full scale invasion.

Yet he knew the king would not be willing to co-operate, he still saw Queen Cassandra as one of his closest allies, for illness clouded his judgement. So Rufus knew he must go to the border towns and villages, march across the land in growing numbers and strength to defend his country and the memory of his family.

I hope for this to be one of my advanced and best attempt at scenario design, incoprating sounds (music will be included, and mabye some voice-overs). I will focus as much on the story and plot as much as the map-design, for a good map will be nothing without
a captavating plot

Music Clips: (click the link to listen to them)
Song Clip I
Taken from "Survival of The Outlaw" by Solefald
Sound Clip II
Taken from "Through The Fire And Flames" by Dragonfore
Sound Clip III
Taken from "Leaknishendr" by Falkenbach

Please tell me what you think of the story and sounds so far. More parts of the plot, sounds and screenshots to come soon.

On a minor note, if anybody could i would require a logo/abber for the scenario, but due to my lack of photoshop and editing software i find my self un-able to produce one that meets my standards in humble MS Paint.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia

[This message has been edited by Scud (edited 07-25-2006 @ 08:30 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-25-06 06:59 AM CT (US)     1 / 13  
Sounds good, looking forward to it. How's progress? Watch typos in the story.
posted 07-25-06 07:31 AM CT (US)     2 / 13  
Scud: hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of correcting a few spelling/grammar mistakes. Good luck with your project.

Quote:

Looking from the top of the ridge into the valley below, Lord Rufus saw his life was in ruins.
His estate had been razed to the ground, his crops burnt, his wife and children murdered. What a way for peace to end. It was a peace of false hope and folly anyway, but now things had gone too far. The pillaging bands and forces of Queen Cassandra had gone too far and penetrated deep into the heart of the peasants' land. Lord Rufus turned his back on the parched and destroyed valley, and on his noble life, and he took to the mountain road to march to the capital, to warn the elderly and frail King Saul that these mere raiding parties would soon turn into a full scale invasion.

Yet he knew the king would not be willing to co-operate, he still saw Queen Cassandra as one of his closest allies, for illness clouded his judgement. So Rufus knew he must go to the border towns and villages, march across the land in growing numbers and strength to defend his country and the memory of his family.

posted 07-25-06 08:30 AM CT (US)     3 / 13  
Sorry about the typos, i did proof read it, but obviously not throughly enough.

As for progress i've been looking for sounds and mostly planning the storyline. For i'm trying to make a believeable story and want the player to feel some emotion and the music and story needs to set the scence. and have begun work on a teaser/prologue and hopefully finish it by next week

"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia

[This message has been edited by Scud (edited 07-25-2006 @ 08:34 AM).]

posted 07-25-06 09:50 AM CT (US)     4 / 13  
Scud: there weren't that many. I just happened to be around and in the mood.
posted 07-25-06 10:06 AM CT (US)     5 / 13  

Quote:

Scud: there weren't that many. I just happened to be around and in the mood.

Thanks anyway though.

posted 07-25-06 10:14 AM CT (US)     6 / 13  

Now I'm not the only one with many projects

This sounds good. I think it will become pretty fun to play. And as both your projects that you sent in got 4.3, I can hardly think this will be broing

Two questions:

1 - Will it be Single Player or Campaign?
2 - Will this story go in the same world as your other two projects, The Man With No Name and From Squire to Knight?

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 07-25-06 10:27 AM CT (US)     7 / 13  

Quote:

Now I'm not the only one with many projects

I've dropped/on pause the others, dropped them ages ago.

And to answer your questions:
1: Campaign, there'll be a Prologue, Blossoming Hatred and an Epilogue.
2: I'm not sure, proably not - though this will not be based in any real world location, purelly fantasy.

So what do people think of music clips, hopefull them, and more will be able to set up the atmopshere i am hoping to aim for? (sorry for the lackluster quality)

[This message has been edited by Scud (edited 07-25-2006 @ 10:36 AM).]

posted 07-25-06 10:36 AM CT (US)     8 / 13  
the music...

I like the third
The others... how..? Why hard rock?

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 07-25-06 10:40 AM CT (US)     9 / 13  
Its more melodic metal.

When used at the right times, i know they will work.

posted 07-25-06 11:18 AM CT (US)     10 / 13  
I'm gonna be using NOFX and the Dropkick Murphys in my project.

Looking good, Scud. Pity I can't hear your music, since my sound's screwed up.

posted 07-25-06 02:34 PM CT (US)     11 / 13  
Intresting accually, nice song clips. Good story, I think this will be very good

Hellö everywön.
posted 07-25-06 02:37 PM CT (US)     12 / 13  

Quote:

Pity I can't hear your music, since my sound's screwed up.

I compel you to search your house for any speakers or headphones

posted 07-26-06 06:29 AM CT (US)     13 / 13  
Nah, my comp isn't co-operating with any sound device. Some sort of cock-up with the workings. It's annoying, because it means I can't really add sounds to my campaign until its fixed... if it's fixed.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project: Blossoming Hatred
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames