Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 5 Minute Count-down Timer
posted 02-23-07 03:25 AM CT (US)   

In 1999, Ensemble Studio's Deathshrimp said that:

"There is no direct way to show a timer. When I was designing the trigger system, I didn't include a visual timer, figuring that such a device felt more relevant to a sci-fi or other high tech genre where keeping time is a lot more trivial than in the 1500s. Sorry if this omission nukes your scenario ideas."

And frustrated us all.

You can now add a five minute timer to your scenario, in two different styles, by using the files I've recently uploaded to the blacksmith. An example scenario is included.

spacer

Don't post if you haven't checked this thread.
I am a card-carrying Tsunami Studios member. | Macbeth | Install Script Tutorial | Nineteen Years... | Put a timer in your scenario!
Piece By Piece (2) Progress Bar: | █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ | Download it now!

[This message has been edited by Dave_Earl (edited 02-23-2007 @ 04:55 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-23-07 03:48 AM CT (US)     1 / 8  
Wow! I cant wait to download it. *Waves fist at Reviewers and tells them to get a move on* For some reason I couldn't get the other link to work, but I guess I'll have to wait, great work.

´´¯``.¸¸.´´¯``
Ð  ª  v  ï  d     K  h  ª  n  ®

Britons Mini-Scenario
.¸¸.´´¯``.¸¸.
posted 02-23-07 05:46 PM CT (US)     2 / 8  
Nice utility Dave! While the idea is not all that complicated, I can imagine the time you must have spent implementing it.

It's a pity we can't change that 'blooop' sound that automatic is played whenever you display an instruction or send chat effect. Would have been ideal for this particular idea if one could change it to a 'clock-tick' sound or similar. Maybe MPS could do it, I don't know.

posted 02-23-07 06:02 PM CT (US)     3 / 8  
I would like to know how this Utility works. I say death to the new Blacksmith, as the file would already be up if it weren't for the upgrade. Is this a sort of trigger template to copy/paste, or is this something more devious and WOMFG-amazing?

There have been some scenarios that have implemented timers, of course, although I'm not sure how many have gone ahead and counted down every second. (At least not for longer than about a minute.)

Quote:

Maybe MPS could do it, I don't know.

Never tried it, but I think it can. I'm too lazy to try it, but the Display Instructions sound is resource 50302 in MPS if you want to try it yourself.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 02-23-07 06:17 PM CT (US)     4 / 8  
Yes, its a shame about the clicking sounds. MPS can change it; its in interfac.drs.

Zyx- it's three hundred triggers counting down from 5 minutes, as a couple more to stop the timer at any time. It took forever OMG!

I had to take the rapidshare link down as it was going haywire. I'm sure Tanneur won't be too long.

I am a card-carrying Tsunami Studios member. | Macbeth | Install Script Tutorial | Nineteen Years... | Put a timer in your scenario!
Piece By Piece (2) Progress Bar: | █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ | Download it now!

[This message has been edited by Dave_Earl (edited 02-23-2007 @ 07:45 PM).]

posted 02-23-07 06:40 PM CT (US)     5 / 8  
I hope you used AoKTS. If not, you poor thing.

dannyking.me

[This message has been edited by newIdea (edited 02-23-2007 @ 06:40 PM).]

posted 02-23-07 07:45 PM CT (US)     6 / 8  
Well, you still have to enter every number, and then make sure the next trigger is activated. Then there's the 300 effects needed to stop the damn thing. Urgh.

posted 02-27-07 00:27 AM CT (US)     7 / 8  
It's now available.

http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=8258

posted 02-27-07 07:44 AM CT (US)     8 / 8  

Quote:

Well, you still have to enter every number, and then make sure the next trigger is activated. Then there's the 300 effects needed to stop the damn thing. Urgh.

Just use mouse/keyboard macro scripts to get the really tedious jobs done...

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » 5 Minute Count-down Timer
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames