Bottom
Topic Subject: How does the AI signal trigger work
posted 04-19-00 05:41 PM CT (US)   
NT

------------------
"Happiness is not a fish that you can catch"

Replies:
posted 04-20-00 05:46 AM CT (US)     1 / 5  
Well, it just sends a signal to the AI.Depending on the AI-script, the AI may change behavior then.

I'm sorry about my bad English.

posted 04-20-00 07:54 AM CT (US)     2 / 5  
At David's site, there is a Dialog scenario available for download. You can answer the computer's questions by using taunts in that scenario. If you're interested in AI signals, go download it.
posted 04-20-00 03:37 PM CT (US)     3 / 5  
My Dialog scenario is also availible at the Market.

------------------
My Map Making site: http://w1.430.telia.com/~u43000051/index.html

My Newest creation:
The Samurai - http://ageofkings.com/blacksmith/descpages/single/282.shtml

Find that and all my other work in the blacksmith/market or at my page.

posted 04-20-00 06:49 PM CT (US)     4 / 5  
You use the AI trigger to pass events from an AI script to a trigger so that the trigger can react (you can also go the other way too - from trigger to AI script). Let me give you an example of an AI trigger I used in a scenario...

I had a king who wanted sanctuary in your town centre - easy stuff. King garrisoned in TC and you carried on. However, once you had built a dock, the king pipes up and asks you to build a transport to take him to an island. Once you build the transport, he came out of the town centre and you could take him to the island.

Now you can't do this with just triggers as there is no way of saying "When object built" (You can't say object in area as you don't know where the player will build their dock).

What I did was in the AI script I had a cc-player-building-type-count dock >= 1 send AI event (just a pick a number from 1 to 255).

In my triggers, I had a trigger set for when the AI event was received - once fired, the king speaks to you.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

------------------
Gothmog
Making IT magic!

posted 04-20-00 07:26 PM CT (US)     5 / 5  
Take a look at the answers to DJ_Orchard's thread as well for some additional ideas.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » How does the AI signal trigger work
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames