You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: If we brought back MCSN, would you join?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10-08-07 05:38 PM CT (US)   
Multiplayer Custom Scenario Night (MCSN) was a weekly SD event where forumers would playtest multiplayer maps, both new and old, on the Zone. The idea was to spark interest in multiplayer design and raise the standards beyond just Castle Blood XXX, and the event also encouraged forumers to play online more often. After the Zone died, however, MCSN died with it.

Since we have IGZ now, I am wondering how many of you would be interested in participating in this even again. Even if you didn't do it before, you should think about joining now. It's always a good chance to play some casual games online. This will probably be a bi-weekly or monthly event, since we often didn't have enough new maps to test before.

CRYSTALCROWN

Play OnlineBecause you really can't gloat about beating the computer.
Learn the FlushSo you don't lose every game in under 20 minutes.

It's not a post count; it's making your posts count.
Replies:
posted 10-08-07 05:54 PM CT (US)     1 / 48  
I'm in if it's revived.

me
posted 10-08-07 07:56 PM CT (US)     2 / 48  
Well, I never got The Zone to work for me, but I wish you all the best of luck getting this going again.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 10-08-07 08:04 PM CT (US)     3 / 48  
I confess that im really bad at AoE, i can barely win a hard random map. But if someone taught me how to play multiplayer through the internet and you revived MCSN i would give it a try.

BTW, why did you leave it on sticky if it was canceled?

Who was that Maud person anyway?
posted 10-08-07 08:25 PM CT (US)     4 / 48  
Definately. I always like a good game, even though I am a n00b at playing it.

So yes, bring it back!!!
posted 10-08-07 08:39 PM CT (US)     5 / 48  
I'd be willing to try to squeeze a few games in now and then. And who knows, I may actually become decent at multiplayer.

I'd have to get some issues with IGZ cleared up first, though. For some reason, it's giving me an error message, and ive done what it recommends, even reinstalled the game, but its not working. I'll work on it later.

- ک

Ladies and Gentlemen, wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be IT. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

This message has been brought to you by procrastination and the letters K and V.

[This message has been edited by sly_guy (edited 10-08-2007 @ 08:40 PM).]

posted 10-09-07 02:11 AM CT (US)     6 / 48  
Yeah I'd be in *cracks knuckles* ow!

Ah, look at it this way, you'll always have someone to win against.

No really i suck

Click:T®ideÑt Team.
The only Masterbastion problem you have is when you don't! - Dr Lorenzo
~~~~~~+1~~~~~~
Damn them babies in sector twelve! - Aro
74% of forummers will copy and paste something into their sig just becasue someone else's sig has told them to. If you are part of the 26% who think that is a retarded thing to do, copy and paste this into yo... oh bugger.
posted 10-09-07 09:38 AM CT (US)     7 / 48  
I'd be in. I just hope I am able to join games now that I have reformatted...

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
posted 10-09-07 09:46 AM CT (US)     8 / 48  
I can't join, but I support it.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 10-09-07 11:02 AM CT (US)     9 / 48  
I would play a game or two.

Proud AOKH'er.

Creator of the PbP book. Check it out at www.serentine.blogspot.com
posted 10-09-07 11:39 AM CT (US)     10 / 48  
Hey, enda en nordmann!

Haven't played this game online since the good old Zone, so don't really know if I can keep up with all the new strategies and so :P
But I'm in, I hope. Depends on my time, and what time it is on the day. Because USA and Norway (for instance), don't eat breakfast at the same time =P

//Matsemann

I don't like signatures... (:
posted 10-09-07 12:35 PM CT (US)     11 / 48  
If I could fix the problem with our router, I sure would. I support it wether I'm in or not. Maybe I can persuade people to test my multiplayer maps?
Well, seriously, I think it is a good idea. Hopefully I'll be able to join later on

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 10-09-07 06:41 PM CT (US)     12 / 48  
So the replies remind me of another question, namely, how come you guys don't play online more often?

CRYSTALCROWN

posted 10-09-07 06:48 PM CT (US)     13 / 48  
So the replies remind me of another question, namely, how come you guys don't play online more often?
Ok I admit, I dont know how to

Who was that Maud person anyway?
posted 10-09-07 07:32 PM CT (US)     14 / 48  
For some reason, it's giving me an error message, and ive done what it recommends, even reinstalled the game, but its not working. I'll work on it later.
I am also a little busy right now, as Ive got midterms, and the deadline for the cutscene competition is rapidly approaching.

It was my intention to begin playing online more in the near future, though.

- ک

Ladies and Gentlemen, wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be IT. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

This message has been brought to you by procrastination and the letters K and V.
posted 10-09-07 08:26 PM CT (US)     15 / 48  
I play online all the time, but with friends and using IP addresses.

Truth is I don't have much time to do a million things at once or to try and venture somewhere I am not too sure about. As much as I'd like to sign up and support IGZ, the truth is I probably wouldn't be bothered to.

Still, I do have a multiplayer map that could be tested, well sometime in the future as it is only about 50 % complete with triggers, with the map design 100 % complete. Let's just say it has something to do with invading beaches from the sea and capturing enemy settlements to win the day (AKA D-Day but fiction).
posted 10-09-07 08:27 PM CT (US)     16 / 48  
Ok I admit, I dont know how to
Psst, check out CC's signature.

dannyking.me

posted 10-09-07 09:44 PM CT (US)     17 / 48  
I only play with other friend online also. With IPs.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~

[This message has been edited by Dantares IV (edited 10-09-2007 @ 09:44 PM).]

posted 10-10-07 01:05 PM CT (US)     18 / 48  
Had router problems in the past, but I'm sure i'd be interested in playing if it did get revived again .

-will.

Discworld Designer!
MY DESIGNS:-] 2002PTC Honourable mention, collaboration with Qazitory
Troll Bridge v1.3, Dragons Lair v1.1
Project Page
posted 10-10-07 05:32 PM CT (US)     19 / 48  
So we're probably going to do this this Saturday, so try to fix your connection problems before then everyone.

CRYSTALCROWN

posted 10-10-07 05:38 PM CT (US)     20 / 48  
Alright, I'll see what I can do to get my issue with IGZ fixed before then.

Another thing: Any idea as to a rough time frame?

- ک

posted 10-10-07 07:11 PM CT (US)     21 / 48  
We used to start this at 7:00 PM EST, but that's flexible depending on your availability.

CRYSTALCROWN

[This message has been edited by CrystalCrown (edited 10-10-2007 @ 07:11 PM).]

posted 10-10-07 07:20 PM CT (US)     22 / 48  
7:00 PM EST would be perfect for me. Would this be in the Tournament Lobby or the Custom Scenario lobby?
posted 10-11-07 00:09 AM CT (US)     23 / 48  
Tournament Lobby — it's much quieter there.

CRYSTALCROWN

posted 10-11-07 09:39 PM CT (US)     24 / 48  
Alright, Ive got my connection problems fixed (although I'm not sure whether or not I can host yet -- I haven't actually tried hosting though). 7:00 PM EST may actually be a tad early for me, although I will do my best to be there on time.

- ک

posted 10-13-07 07:06 PM CT (US)     25 / 48  
I'm online. You guys all suck for not showing up.

CRYSTALCROWN

posted 10-13-07 07:07 PM CT (US)     26 / 48  
Im in there.... same name as this.

- ک

posted 10-13-07 07:08 PM CT (US)     27 / 48  
Right you are!

Now I just have to round up the others.

CRYSTALCROWN

[This message has been edited by CrystalCrown (edited 10-13-2007 @ 07:09 PM).]

posted 10-13-07 07:11 PM CT (US)     28 / 48  
If it helps, I doubt that trident would be showing up.. hes not on msn.

- ک

posted 10-13-07 07:44 PM CT (US)     29 / 48  
Trident does have MSN, I was talking to him the other day.

Who watches the Watchmen?
Still Cristian, proud of it, etc...
"You are an important piece of my puzzle..."
Impaled Saren, executed Illidan, bludgeoned Big Daddy, and exploded Gravemind. What now?
Repent! Xenu is coming! Or so Tom Cruise would have you believe.
Boom. Headshot. Yes, I play FPS's.
posted 10-13-07 07:45 PM CT (US)     30 / 48  
I suppose I should have said that he was offline... its what I meant.

Where were the rest of you?

- ک

posted 10-13-07 07:46 PM CT (US)     31 / 48  
If it helps, I doubt that trident would be showing up.. hes not on msn.
It is 00:51 in England and he is rather young; I think he is tucked up in bed where he belongs at his age.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 10-13-07 08:09 PM CT (US)     32 / 48  
You didnt answer my question scuddles...

- ک

posted 10-13-07 08:14 PM CT (US)     33 / 48  
I uninstalled IGZ after it crashed for just trying to send a message to nI. :/

I prefer Ham.

"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia

[This message has been edited by Scuddles (edited 10-13-2007 @ 08:15 PM).]

posted 10-13-07 08:18 PM CT (US)     34 / 48  
Your opinion might matter... if you actually played games with us.

CRYSTALCROWN

posted 10-13-07 08:19 PM CT (US)     35 / 48  
I would....but like I said, I prefer ham, and also, I can't be staying up till 01:30am everytime you want to play. :/

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » If we brought back MCSN, would you join?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames