Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A Battle for Peace
posted 12-21-07 10:36 PM CT (US)   
A Battle for Peace

You are Johannes Dagen, one of four Generals who command the Ackolian armies. You answer to King Darill, the ruler of the Ackolian Empire.

There has been peace in the land of Ackolia for many years, but the empire has kept a force of men in case a war should ever arise. It had been hoped that this would never happen, because Ackolia is the only empire in the known world. But, when one of your fellow Generals tries to cause the people of Ackolia to rebel against the rule of King Darill, war breaks out.

If the defected general, a man by the name of Amoras Krystoff, had stayed in the mapped regions of the world, capturing him would be easy, and quelling the rebellions, still easier. But, as luck would have it, Krystoff has managed to find a new continent, just outside of the known ocean waters.

With the protection of the ocean's expanse, Krystoff's men have been turning more and more people against the empire, and has even begun to send troops to fight the armies of Ackolia.

In such dark times, you are the only hope of the empire, and of King Darill. Your mission: Go to this new continent, find, and capture Amoras Krystoff. It will be a difficult task, and you may lose many men, but you must capture him. Without Krystoff's leadership, it is hope that the rebellions will fall apart. God be with you!

Well, here it is. I've brought back A Battle for Peace, a campaign that I began work on almost 3 1/2 years ago. After some time off due to personal life (almost 2 years), I've decided to return to the scenario design community and have resumed work on this project. The teaser is available here and any feedback would be appriciated.

Eventually, I will need playtesters. If you are interested, please post or contact me by e-mail at heyfreakhead@hotmail.com.

Beta Testers:

Epic Commander
RS Greo0
Old Sparta
Cohort_Crusher

Updates:

July/August(?) 2004: Began design on first cutscene/teaser.

February(?) 2006: effectively left aokh, stopped designing.

December 20, 2007: reintroduced A Battle for Peace, began design on third scenario, continued on second.

December 27, 2007: Got 95% of dialogue done in second scenario, making some adjustments on an earthquake scene.

MoX_MiThRaNdIr
Current Project: A Battle for Peace - 45% Complete-(Reopened)

"You won't feel better until you get this thing off your chest"- Patrick Star (Spongebob Squarepants)
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

[This message has been edited by MoX_MiThRaNdIr (edited 12-27-2007 @ 11:17 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-22-07 02:56 AM CT (US)     1 / 13  
posted 12-22-07 03:53 AM CT (US)     2 / 13  
Hope everything goes well

I will be willing to playtest if it doesn't have any edited files
posted 12-22-07 07:08 AM CT (US)     3 / 13  
Looking good so far. If there's anything you need (like sound effects or bitmaps) just contact me. I wont have time to playtest though, because of my already tight schedule.

Best of wishes

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 12-22-07 04:42 PM CT (US)     4 / 13  
@ Lord Basse: Thanks for the offer, I will definantly keep that in mind.

@Epic Commander: Alright then, no edited files just straight game. I'll mark you down.

@Mash Banana: A cherub now are we? Good for you!

MoX_MiThRaNdIr

"You won't feel better until you get this thing off your chest"- Patrick Star (Spongebob Squarepants)
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
posted 12-23-07 01:40 AM CT (US)     5 / 13  
ill test

too many bad memories. I hate the name too.
one new account off the production line
posted 12-23-07 01:10 PM CT (US)     6 / 13  
i'm pretty sure u said there is no edited files, so ill test too.

No matter how advance defence is, offense is always a step ahead.
posted 12-23-07 01:48 PM CT (US)     7 / 13  
I'm able to test, but after Christmas.

''This is madness!''
''Madness? THIS IS HOLLAND!!!''
''What's the difference?''

The 300 Dutchmen will fight in the shade of an oil fountain..
posted 12-23-07 09:29 PM CT (US)     8 / 13  
Ok, thanks guys.

@Cohort_Crusher: it will be well after christmas until the first scenario is ready to test, so there are no worries.

MoX_MiThRaNdIr

[This message has been edited by MoX_MiThRaNdIr (edited 12-23-2007 @ 09:32 PM).]

posted 12-23-07 11:09 PM CT (US)     9 / 13  
I played the cutscene, it was OK but would have been better with some music.

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 12-24-07 10:08 PM CT (US)     10 / 13  
Send it to dreadrinegreg@hotmail.com

posted 12-25-07 00:07 AM CT (US)     11 / 13  
All good things will come with time. There may be music added later if I get around to it

MoX_MiThRaNdIr

posted 01-04-08 08:36 PM CT (US)     12 / 13  
So exited, lol, I really am, I waited along time for this to come out..

posted 01-05-08 04:20 PM CT (US)     13 / 13  
i'll playtest

__--==_General Short_==--__

__Legend of the Wandering King_90%|William Wallace Campaign_99%|Siege of Yorktown_14%__
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » A Battle for Peace
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames