You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 2475 - The Birth Of Uruk-Hai (completed!)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-21-08 01:45 PM CT (US)   
2475 - Birth of the Uruk-Hai

I've created a new topic for this, since the old one has been archived.

Finally, I have uploaded the game. As soon as it gets approved, I'll post the link here, I'd like some comments, and later on, a review.

Based on John Ronald Reuel Tolkien's Middle-Earth collection. It tells the story of the birth of the Uruk-Hai (dont tell me that Saruman created the Uruk-Hai, that's a lot of movie bull). Basically, it's a B&D/FF scenario. You start out with a army of Uruks under your control, plus various heroes (villians) like Khamul, or the fictional Belfaug (thought up by me, name stands for "breathtaking power" in Sindarin, or perhaps Quenja, unsure.). Anyway, you must fight your way through the forest-land of Ithilien and finally, reach the ancient city of Osgiliath and torch it to the ground.

It features:
-Best ever soundtrack (LotR themed, non-movie)
-Voice-acting
-New eye candy/trigger tricks
-Bitmap
-Detailed story
-Breathtaking scenery
-Realistic hostile battle tactics, such as ambushes and counter-attacks.

and many more.
Usually I refrain from boasting about my work that much, but I think that this one is worth it. It is a cut above the rabble of other LotR maps on the blacksmith (save for two certain masterpieces, which will make quite fine adversaries)(Yes you, Mashek and VonCograth, and Mashek's War of the Ring seems really similar to this plot, mine's just cooler! MUHHAHAHAHA! ).

No screens at this point, stupid XS... *mutters*

Version History:
0.9 (beta) - completed on 25.08.07 – Ready for playtesting.
0.91 (beta) – completed on 31.09.07 – Fixed some minor bugs, terrain, replaced a corrupt .wav file and added some extra stuff.
1.00 – completed on 13.08.07 – Ready to be released.
1.01 – completed on 17.11.07 – After a long wait, I finally decided to upload it. Minor tweaks.
1.02 – After uploading (26.01.08), fixed a bug in which Khamul was unable to destroy the gates of Osgiliath.

A lot of time between completion and uploading, don't you think.

Depending on the reception it gets, I might decide to do a prologue to this as well.

Download

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.

[This message has been edited by Quaazi (edited 01-26-2008 @ 03:48 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-21-08 01:49 PM CT (US)     1 / 47  
Can't wait to download, just checked the BS, looks like its not been approved yet.

BTW: your screenshots aren't showing on XS, use imageshack.
posted 01-21-08 01:59 PM CT (US)     2 / 47  
Well, I did upload the pictures about 6 months ago...

Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.

[This message has been edited by Quaazi (edited 01-21-2008 @ 02:01 PM).]

posted 01-21-08 02:32 PM CT (US)     3 / 47  
Looking foward to it. Can't wait to play!

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 01-21-08 06:14 PM CT (US)     4 / 47  
mine's just cooler! MUHHAHAHAHA!
Yer, well, we'll see about that! *dives into editor*

Sounding cool, can't wait to play it.
posted 01-22-08 00:45 AM CT (US)     5 / 47  
Wow, finally. The blacksmith's gonna be clogged, I submitted a couple of things and there's that genie editor and now a good campaign as well

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 01-22-08 03:11 AM CT (US)     6 / 47  
*Waits to download*

too many bad memories. I hate the name too.
one new account off the production line
posted 01-22-08 10:25 AM CT (US)     7 / 47  
*dives into editor*
I take that as a promise, therefore you must release a LOTR game in the next 10 months, or I will hunt you down personally.

posted 01-22-08 11:35 AM CT (US)     8 / 47  
Mash still has to finish his DTS entry first

This looks good. It is great to see you put the effort in to get this completed.

will download after my week of hell.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 01-22-08 03:56 PM CT (US)     9 / 47  
Interesting, I will definitely download this one.
posted 01-22-08 05:27 PM CT (US)     10 / 47  
What?! Chili Cheese Fries!?

Download who??

When it gets up....OK
posted 01-23-08 00:07 AM CT (US)     11 / 47  
Dude what was wrong with the movie soundtrack?

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
posted 01-23-08 00:40 AM CT (US)     12 / 47  
Dude what was wrong with the movie soundtrack?
Maybe he wanted to be a little more creative than using over-used music. Who knows?
posted 01-23-08 08:04 AM CT (US)     13 / 47  
Exactly. I planned to use one more song from the same serie, but I couldn't fit it in, I planned it to a prologue which I dropped out.

posted 01-24-08 03:55 AM CT (US)     14 / 47  
Thanks Quaazi, but I'm sure this one's gonna pwn all over my scenario.

I'm definitely going to be playing this one, and I'm also interested to find out what music you've used, this should be awesome!
posted 01-24-08 02:30 PM CT (US)     15 / 47  
I sure hope so. I think I might have made it too tough, or alternatively, too easy, even though it makes no sense. Otherwise it's great.

posted 01-26-08 02:39 AM CT (US)     16 / 47  
It's Up.

Downloading now.

The Wall

coming soon
posted 01-26-08 03:15 AM CT (US)     17 / 47  
Good. Be sure to comment, it ain't perfect yet.

posted 01-26-08 03:36 AM CT (US)     18 / 47  
Well first glance it looks really good.
The map work looks really good.
I don't have time now but I'll play it and have a much better look at it tomorrow. And submit a comment or review in a few days.

The Wall

coming soon
posted 01-26-08 03:44 AM CT (US)     19 / 47  
Thanks to Jatayu, I've discovered a bug, and I've fixed it. Download the updated version, please. In the previous one, you were able to do anything except attack Osgiliath itself, since Khamul was unable to destroy the gates.

Thanks for the feedback, see, commenting is useful.

posted 01-26-08 09:50 AM CT (US)     20 / 47  
Just fifnished it on moderate... a bit easy buut ok, will try hard later... Oh and I found... well not a bug, but it is anoying... In the end, when there is the message that tells you have 5 min until the attack on the city beguns... that message stays there for the rest of the game, even after 5 min or if I clicked Khamul.

And another think, the last outpost you have to destroy, (after destroying the fortress), you can actually destroy it only with the archers, (withought having to face all those enemy units to get there) reason: there is a cliff behind it that allows the uruk-archers to fire at the tower.
posted 01-26-08 10:01 AM CT (US)     21 / 47  
Just finished playing, very good Quaazi.
posted 01-26-08 10:13 AM CT (US)     22 / 47  
Good to hear. I'll try to tweak those minor bugs, but since uploading takes loads of time for me, I don't think I'll get to that very soon.

posted 01-26-08 04:56 PM CT (US)     23 / 47  
Nice scenario, I enjoyed it. I liked how you really felt as if the enemies were hiding in the forests, very realistic. Great music and sounds btw.

~~ The Prophecy ~~ 4.9 An enthralling tale about a beggar named Orion.

Designing a scenario and looking for something novel? Try ► Old Explorer and it's uses ◄ 4.5
posted 01-27-08 04:55 AM CT (US)     24 / 47  
How was the voice-acting? I did it all myself, just lowered the pitch.

posted 01-27-08 08:38 AM CT (US)     25 / 47  
Voice acting was great

~~ The Prophecy ~~ 4.9 An enthralling tale about a beggar named Orion.

Designing a scenario and looking for something novel? Try ► Old Explorer and it's uses ◄ 4.5
posted 01-27-08 08:49 AM CT (US)     26 / 47  
Good to hear.
82 downloads with a couple of days? Now if only I'd get a review from somewhere...

posted 01-28-08 04:51 PM CT (US)     27 / 47  
Indeed, voice acting was the major plus of the scenario.

I would seriously advise you to make the forest a little less cramped and get rid of that walkable cliff. Why is it so painful to traverse? Ithilien wasn't the Amazon..

`
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 01-29-08 12:40 PM CT (US)     28 / 47  
Actually, it practically was. Having recently read LoTR again before making the scenario, I read the part in which the Ithilien rangers ambush the Haradrim. Such an effect could only have been achieved with extreme crampiness... of sorts.

So... maybe someone would like to review the game?

posted 01-29-08 08:04 PM CT (US)     29 / 47  
It's fun, but quite easy (so far, I admit I'm not done yet). I just got a bunch of monks, a full group of my starting elite archers/some crossbows, and khamul and owned, especially after I got the trebuchet.

me
posted 01-30-08 00:29 AM CT (US)     30 / 47  
How did you get a bunch of monks? I saw only one monk in the entire game..

`
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 01-30-08 02:10 AM CT (US)     31 / 47  
You have a monastery, up by Shelob.

me

[This message has been edited by Impeached (edited 01-30-2008 @ 02:10 AM).]

posted 01-30-08 01:16 PM CT (US)     32 / 47  
Cirith Ungol is the monastery.
I might have indeed made it too easy, since I don't play very often myself. So I had to estimate.

posted 02-03-08 01:43 AM CT (US)     33 / 47  
Quaazi you got a review coming up.

too many bad memories. I hate the name too.
one new account off the production line
posted 02-03-08 06:21 AM CT (US)     34 / 47  
Thanks. I hope it's above 4...

[edit] 4.2! Very good, I was expecting something of the kind. Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by Quaazi (edited 02-03-2008 @ 06:28 AM).]

posted 02-03-08 06:31 AM CT (US)     35 / 47  
I might actually have to play this. Hmmm, where did I put that AOC CD? *goes to find the CD*

Proud AOKH'er.

Creator of the PbP book. Check it out at www.serentine.blogspot.com
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » 2475 - The Birth Of Uruk-Hai (completed!)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames