Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Caesar
posted 04-17-11 03:57 AM CT (US)   

aok_lover's "Age of Caesar"

Hi all. I am posting regarding my soon to be released campaign "Age of Caesar".

The campaign features a whopping 10 levels and an epilogue, atmospheric music, SFX, Intro and Outro Messages, The Scenario Background, Multiple AI's and more...

I am currently playtesting the campaign and may consider allowing others to playtest if I get some interested response.

The campaign will use WildFire Studio's Rome at War modpack to make a more realistic environment for the game.

The campaign is a unique blend of classic Age of Empires Build + Destroy with Objective gameplay inspired by Sierra Entertainment and Impression Games' "Caesar III".

I look forward to uploading the campaign to the blacksmith in the next couple of weeks.

EDIT: I am looking for playtesters for my campaign, please scroll down to a later post of mine for more information.

Screenshots:

NOTE: These screenshots show the game without the Rome at War Modpack (Due to my having difficulty operating mods because of Windows 7.) The campaign will look much more Roman styled with the modpack in use.

Sincerely,

aok_lover

[This message has been edited by aok_lover (edited 04-22-2011 @ 09:51 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04-17-11 07:33 AM CT (US)     1 / 20  
So, if I understand well, you'll make a campaign with Romans? But will they totally replace a civ (with graphics and data editing) or will you just use Rome at War changes? You know, I think your campaign could be very more terrific with new civs, I mean Barbarians, as a Total Conversion mod. There shouldn't have too much graphics to do, or you could just use already existing or submitted units. You'd have choice for civilizations. But it's up to you to make your campaign. Good luck!

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
Still looking for DANISH, UKRAINIAN, LITHUANIAN and HUNGARIAN voices.
posted 04-17-11 07:49 AM CT (US)     2 / 20  
fr steve, please accept that not everyone out there wants to create a total conversion mod.

As for the campaign, I'd like to see some screenshots
posted 04-17-11 08:30 AM CT (US)     3 / 20  
You'll note, Dead_End, that they remain the best mods, when they're finished obviously. And I'm free to give ideas & suggestion to a member, even if he doesn't plan to listen to me (and I'm able to comprehend that). aok_lover is old enough to tell me himself he doesn't want to do what i suggest. No agressivity in my words though.

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
Still looking for DANISH, UKRAINIAN, LITHUANIAN and HUNGARIAN voices.
posted 04-17-11 09:20 AM CT (US)     4 / 20  
You'll note, Dead_End, that they remain the best mods, when they're finished obviously.
Total conversion mods have the tendency to take a lot of time to make. Searching the forums will no doubt reveal a great number of mods that were quite promising at the time, but were abandoned later on.
And I'm free to give ideas & suggestion to a member, even if he doesn't plan to listen to me
I never said anything about any of your rights. I simply informed you that not everyone is interested in creating a mod to be used solely for their scenario or campaign.
aok_lover is old enough to tell me himself he doesn't want to do what i suggest.
I have no doubt that he's able to ignore your comment.
No agressivity in my words though.
No offense taken.
posted 04-17-11 09:34 AM CT (US)     5 / 20  
"The campaign will use WildFire Studio's Rome at War modpack to make a more realistic environment for the game.

The campaign is a unique blend of classic Age of Empires Build + Destroy with Objective gameplay inspired by Sierra Entertainment and Impression Games' "Caesar III"."

wouldn't it require a lot of tinkering of the game by the player? and not to mention download size. keep it small.
anyways gd.

btw, first post in two year. not a new guy...

<<</\/\@|]|-|U>>>

[This message has been edited by Madhu (edited 04-17-2011 @ 09:37 AM).]

posted 04-17-11 09:46 AM CT (US)     6 / 20  
Welcome back!
posted 04-17-11 11:04 AM CT (US)     7 / 20  
@fr steve + Dead_End

Thanks for the entertaining argument lol, I quite enjoyed it...

@fr steve

No I'm not making a total conversion mod sorry, in fact, I'm not modding at all. However, I am using WildFire Studio's Rome at War modpack, which converts the Aztec's to Romans and the Mayans to Greeks. Most of my enemies are Greeks which I used that civ for, however I also have Goths, Gauls (Franks) and Numids (Saracens).

@Dead_End

I'll work on some screenshots for you in the next couple of days =)

@Madhu

I may have misled you, the game is played like a common Age of Empires II game however its just based on the storyline of Caesar III and has you complete Caesar's wants and pay his taxes.

Thanks for the comments =)

EDIT: Updated with Screenshots

Check out my Single Player Campaign in Progress:
Age of Caesar | Thread.

[This message has been edited by aok_lover (edited 04-18-2011 @ 05:30 AM).]

posted 04-19-11 02:44 AM CT (US)     8 / 20  
Wait a moment ... if I remember correctly, wasn't caesar 3 the one where you got to CHOOSE a storyline by choosing "assignments" at each level? Also will we have citizens demanding buildings based on a players population? And will there be an annoying Caesar demanding that you send him gifts? Will villagers migrate to your city automatically when you build houses?

If you pull that off with triggers I'll be impressed.
posted 04-19-11 04:18 AM CT (US)     9 / 20  
Now that would be an enjoyable scenario but unfortunately I have kept mine relatively simple and only loosely based on Caesar III. Your ideas would probably be possible but would take a lot of work.

Yes i know normally you would choose your assignments but is that really possible in an Age Campaign? So i made one of each of the levels on Caesar III, sometimes an economic, sometimes military.

Age of Caesar | Thread.
posted 04-19-11 05:38 AM CT (US)     10 / 20  
I've seen scenarios with complex triggers that let you choose options by clicking on units (ie click on the left pavilion for a more dangerous assignment). Would be hard though.

I love your idea however ... in fact I might do my own version of Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom (so that you wouldn't need the "Rome at War" modpack). I'll credit you with the original concept, of course. I have a great idea with how to do Gods (evil grin!)
posted 04-20-11 09:28 AM CT (US)     11 / 20  
Haha sounds cool Lars,

look forward to seeing it =)

Age of Caesar | Thread.
posted 04-22-11 09:50 AM CT (US)     12 / 20  
Ok, due to my busy schedule lol, I have an official need for playtesters for my campaign.

The campaign is 6.5Mb and the optional music pack is 28.5Mb so it's a fairly large download and is recommended for people with a bandwith of at least 512Kbps.

Anyone who's interested please post here or send me an email at aoklover@gmail.com
Please remember to state whether you would like the optional music pack included or not.

Any playtesters will be credited in the History section provided they give me a response on the entire campaign within 2 weeks of me sending it to them.

Thanks a lot.

aok_lover

Age of Caesar | Thread.
posted 04-22-11 08:57 PM CT (US)     13 / 20  
I might be able to help you playtest. I'll take a look at your music pack too.
posted 04-23-11 04:58 AM CT (US)     14 / 20  
Thanks Lars, I'll send it now =)

EDIT: Actually I might fix a few problems myself first and I'll see if I still need someone to playtest later, sorry, im a little undecided myself lol, if i need you to playtest ill send it to you though. BTW, i dont have your email adderss its set to private on your account details.

EDIT EDIT: Ok. I'll send it to you soon, I'm almost finished fixing a problem I need to. Thanks.

Age of Caesar | Thread.

[This message has been edited by aok_lover (edited 04-24-2011 @ 05:24 AM).]

posted 04-23-11 07:31 AM CT (US)     15 / 20  
Whoops, sorry. I'll change that for you.
posted 04-24-11 09:02 AM CT (US)     16 / 20  
Ok I've sent it to you Lars and the campaigns open for playtesters if anyone would like to test it for me.

aok_lover

Age of Caesar | Thread.
posted 04-29-11 00:46 AM CT (US)     17 / 20  
This thread can be closed thanks moderators

Age of Caesar | Thread.
posted 04-29-11 02:05 AM CT (US)     18 / 20  
Just to clarify: aok_lover sent me an email today that although his campaign is pretty much finished and very much playable, he simply doesn't have the time to release it. He sent me his campaign file, which I might post as a "project" even though, having played through most of it, it's just about as finished as any other campaign on here. If aok_lover ever does decide to return then he can post his campaign as a completed thing.
posted 04-29-11 05:43 AM CT (US)     19 / 20  
No thanks Lars,

I might post it later when its complete but for now I'd rather not post it as a project, but u can muck around with it on your own if you'd like but please dont post it.

Thanks,

aok_lover
posted 04-29-11 08:50 AM CT (US)     20 / 20  
As you wish. (=
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Age of Caesar
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames