Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Waterfalls
posted 02-05-01 02:07 PM CT (US)   
Can somebody tell me how to make a waterfall. I think it can be useful for some of us, right?

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
Replies:
posted 02-05-01 03:15 PM CT (US)     1 / 3  
Well, THIS certainly is a question that has been asked many times

ok, this is the usual stuff I do:

1. Create a shallow water or medium water river.

2. Put cliffs on each side of the water so they meet at the centre of the river, but make sure they don't connect, there should be a small little gap between them.

3. put ice below the gap, imitating water fumes. (if you don't have AoK: TC, download a map that contains ice and just copy the ice from there.)

4. In AoK: TC, the ice looks kind of stupid because it has this edge around it. If you want, you can cover this with sea rocks. Looks nice also.

5. A final touch I usually do; create a trigger.

Display as objectives=OFF
Starting state=ON
Loop trigger=OFF(or else it might never stop, I don't know, haven't tried)

Condition: Objects in area (if it's an RPG; your character, something else; just your player)

Effect: play sound (download the waterfall sound that can be found in the market)

Voila! You got a complete waterfall with fume and a roaring sound!

Good luck!

•[New member of Wildfire Studios]•
"I
don't want a signature. I'm just a victim of group-pressure."

[This message has been edited by martinhus (edited 02-05-2001).]

posted 02-06-01 06:24 AM CT (US)     2 / 3  
yea, but I mean how to make a waterfall like azknightmare did?

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 02-06-01 07:26 AM CT (US)     3 / 3  
Actually, I never heard of martin's way. Follow his way except you plunk down bridges where you want water and use a trigger to remove them.

I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!

-- General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Waterfalls
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames