You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: If you want .avi files for you campaigns, read this...
posted 03-04-01 06:06 PM CT (US)   
I`ve discovered a great program for making custom .avi files. That program actually captures your screen and makes .avi files. So, you can create a scenario and make those triggers, so the the computer does it all. You could create something like a movie (a scenario in which user player takes no part, the whole scenario is played by computer, using triggers), then run that scenario, run the program, and - tada! You have a perfect intro for your campaign. But, (there`s allways one BUT) the program requires a very fast computer!!! If you would like to save the area of 800x600 with 15 fps and good compression (picture quality), you would need something like PIII 1,5GHz, 256 MB Ram... You get the picture. But if you choose reasonable capture screen resolution and fps, you could create very good movies. If you`re interested, post a reply, and I`ll post the adress from which you can download the program.
P.S. If you have something less then PII 433 MHz and at least 64 MB of RAM, don`t download the program, you`ll waste your time...

The best way to win a battle is not to lose it.
e-mail: sir_igor_the_great@yahoo.com
Replies:
posted 03-04-01 06:18 PM CT (US)     1 / 6  
what is the program and where can i get it?

'If theres anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.'
posted 03-04-01 06:27 PM CT (US)     2 / 6  
You can use Macromedia's Flash to create your own, and that's enough for me. I have a digital camera and video camera in one so it works both ways . Might be interesting though.

NICK
AKA |::| EIGHTBALL
Scenario Designer & Intermediate Ager
~
posted 03-04-01 06:28 PM CT (US)     3 / 6  
Well don't forget that there are many different Codac's that can be used instead to get better compressions of avi's.

Just my 3 cents worth!

Topknot

ASSOCIATE DESIGNER FOR S.S SIGPIC DESIGN
FREELANCE MOD DESIGNER/3D ARTIST
QUESTIONS or COMMENTS: hawkster@netwide.net{NO SPAM}
"IT'S ALL GOOD, IN MY HOOD"

posted 03-04-01 06:37 PM CT (US)     4 / 6  
What is the program? PLZ tell me!

'If theres anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.'
posted 03-04-01 07:03 PM CT (US)     5 / 6  
I would use the DivX codec. It is the best one for High-Fi. Also the DivX sound codec. The program is called HyperCam. Goto Lycos and serach for it, it will give you thier homepage which I forgot.

But the quality will not be perfect. I recommend that you get a DivX ripper, have a DVD ROM cd, and rip something off of the VCDs or DVDs. Its really not illegal to use it if your not selling the scenario or clip.

Angel AzN | News Editor Lead EH, HeavenGames LLC
"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
HeavenGamesEmpires Heaven | 3DMark05 Score3DMark03 Score | WearYELLOW
posted 03-05-01 08:33 AM CT (US)     6 / 6  
Just click the link to download the program. It`s called (as AznKnightmare said) HyperCam. Click here http://members.aol.com/snap32/HyperCam.zip
This is a GREAT program, but only if you have a GREAT computer

The best way to win a battle is not to lose it.
e-mail: sir_igor_the_great@yahoo.com
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » If you want .avi files for you campaigns, read this...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames