You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Here's an idea for you RPGers.
posted 05-06-01 08:27 PM CT (US)   
Well, since my scn crashed , I guess I'll tell you some tricks I was gonna use.
#1 - Earthquake Spell
Create a bunch of cracks, and then remove them (if the spell doesn't need to last, this can also be a cool trick in a scn, example: Aaah an earthquake! )
#2 - Multiple Spells
I had my scn set up so you would obtain magic spells from Statues (Gaia). If one statue had a stronger spell, the weak spell could no longer be obtained and/or would become unavailable if you'd previously obtained it).
#3 - Magic Points
No biggy. Just tribute a certain amount of resources (I used stone) away from player 1.
#4 - A World Map
Yikes, this one was really long for me.
Well ,when your hero leaves a village, have a message saying somthing like: 'You are entering the World Map'.
At this point, if you are adding a battle system, you can activate the 'Random Fight'triggers.
When a player re-enters or enters a new/previously visited village, you can put the message: 'You are entering (Insert Town name here). Then deactivate all the 'Random Fight' triggers (which will be reactivated when the player enters the World Map.

Hmmm... that's just a few.
Tell me your results (or send me the Scn/cpn! )!

Ultima Knight

Replies:
posted 05-06-01 10:23 PM CT (US)     1 / 6  
A scenario I am starting soon (progect masterpice) has alot of these

SPELLS

illusion

fireball

summoning

knock

turn to stone

many more

WEAPONS

posion dagger

life drinker

flame blade

holy avenger

many more

ARMOUR

Deamon Armour

Silver Mail

Bronze Mail

Gold Mail

Armour of rightosness(sp?)

many more

OTHERS

Magical traps

pick pocets

set traps

Map

Journal

Inventory

Spellbook

Random Encounters

many more

feel free to use my ideas

Its largly based on third edition D&D but it will take so long it will probably be the last AoK scenario I do before AoM (thats why its called progect masterpice)

Mind if I add an earthquake spell?

[This message has been edited by spitfire_23 (edited 05-06-2001 @ 10:28 PM).]

posted 05-07-01 10:12 AM CT (US)     2 / 6  
Mine...

Got four characters:

Warrior

Double Team Attack
Underground Sword attack - similiar to that earthquake attack but much cooler

summonerI don't think much people had this idea...

Summon Blood-thirsty wolves

urr... don't have much yet... I will update it later on, there's 16 attacks/spells per character.

- "Nobody dies a virgin; life screws us all."
- "you can't clap without both hands."
- "The sun is not yellow, it's chicken."
- "Yes, they may indeed be idiots, but we are surrounded by idiots anyway; variations can be amusing."
- "Warm and fuzzy, kinda like a burning kitten."
- "We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."
posted 05-07-01 01:00 PM CT (US)     3 / 6  
Sorry but i have thinked of that ide to make summons. Im working on a Final Fantasy campagne so thats shold be summons......
posted 05-07-01 05:00 PM CT (US)     4 / 6  
My fantasy campaign (untitled) will have these :

* Fire Spell
Just creating some saboteurs and then kill them, and then they'll explode (and that's just like fire!) and looping on.

* Water Spell
This means to make a flood. Just create a bridge, and then remove it. That'll create water.

* Lightning Spell
Same like fire but this time no looping and a thunder sound.

* Rock Spell
This is pretty easy. I just have to create some rocks, and then remove them in certain time (if it hits the enemies)

* Green Spell
I just create some flowers / trees and then remove it again.

* Teleport Spell
Just remove the object desired, but before that I create another same unit in another place (Gaia). After removing the object, I just change the ownership of the Gaia unit.

* White Spell
This is for capturing the Dark Sword (my campiang).

* Dark Spell
This is for capturing the people into darkness...

* Holy Spell
Actually, a monk's job, healing !

That's all for now.

posted 05-07-01 05:16 PM CT (US)     5 / 6  
I'm making a new action adventure RPG in which you can switch units from time to time. Here's how you do it;

You have two characters, one you control, and the other follows (its controlled by another player). The other guy would attack your enemies with you, like an apprentice. When you decide to switch characters, you can go look in the revealed area of the map, move the unit to a flag, then you could take control your apprentice and the unit you were controlling would be converted to another player and follow you.

Whats up with this never ending supply of scenario designers with new battle systems and ways of playing rpgs?

[This message has been edited by TeenAsh (edited 05-07-2001 @ 05:18 PM).]

posted 05-07-01 06:48 PM CT (US)     6 / 6  
@ IK:

I don't think u can make that water spell... u have to cover it up... with trees but that will leave leaves on the ground... Impossible to make a water spell expect for mods..

- "Nobody dies a virgin; life screws us all."
- "you can't clap without both hands."
- "The sun is not yellow, it's chicken."
- "Yes, they may indeed be idiots, but we are surrounded by idiots anyway; variations can be amusing."
- "Warm and fuzzy, kinda like a burning kitten."
- "We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Here's an idea for you RPGers.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames