You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I've made a Geni2ed version of the Game.
posted 03-26-05 08:41 PM CT (US)   
-----
-----
-----
EDIT: Version for 1.0c:here

EDIT: Version for 1.0:here

------
------
-----

Here's some features:

-Onager fires fly faster- but not like mad.
-Infantry cost less resources (only 15f 5g) but their hit points are halved
-Knightline costs 100f 100g, 100+seconds, but has gargantuan hit points and splash
-Cavarly archers lose hitpoint drastically, but they fire much faster
-Siege Rams have immense hit points
-Archers cheaper, but hit point lowered by 75%
-Each Unique Unit has more unique bonuses (Like samurai gets to damage a heck lot of men at once)
-Towers cost ten times more, but ten times more hit points (To stop those annoying people who turtle with hundreds of towers)
-Castles cost a bit less than towers
-Halbs have one more range, pikes have 1/2 (historically polearms were dominant weapons - this bonus makes it happen)
-Camels cost only gold, less hip points, but attacks like mad (they are mercenaries)
-Petards have 5 hit points, but move faster
-Siege weapons generally take longer to make, especially trebs, but have more hit points.
-more

I've made this version to minimize gold loss during game, so it lasts a bit longer. And it effctively does by around 30 minutes. Another attraction is that the flush is now counterable easily with m@a, so you don't really see civilizations fight only with petty spearmen and skirms. Knights take an important role, but it's not time-wise effective, because it takes so much time to make one. Champions are effecetively the cheapest siege unit, because all other siege units are either too slow or expensive or takes much longer to build.

Feedbacks Welcome
Any improvements, comments, suggestions, etc...POST 'EM!
=
=
=
Download the original version if you want to in: here

[This message has been edited by pospher (edited 04-11-2005 @ 04:45 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-26-05 09:41 PM CT (US)     1 / 35  
Yes, i do have feedback. one thing: i think it is ridiculous having castles cost less than towers(ie they are bigger) and second thing: i think it is also ridiculous to make towers stronger than castles.
posted 03-27-05 06:54 AM CT (US)     2 / 35  
Well, I did it so that you don't have idiots spamming towers.
posted 03-27-05 06:30 PM CT (US)     3 / 35  
is there a new version of geni2ed?

i had some ideas:

-change the size of units (so you can make little hobbits or big balrog)

-be able to BUILD units with workers like towers (you can actually make the units dont move).
= a new dimension of aoc tds!

-would be nice if we could add our own "units". so like whole new civs or "just" new units.

ok i like this editor its very fun!

posted 03-28-05 06:03 PM CT (US)     4 / 35  
pospher,

You never gave a link where people can download this mod. That is sort of important if people are going to try it...

posted 03-28-05 09:24 PM CT (US)     5 / 35  

Quote:

is there a new version of geni2ed?
i had some ideas:

-change the size of units (so you can make little hobbits or big balrog)

-be able to BUILD units with workers like towers (you can actually make the units dont move).
= a new dimension of aoc tds!

-would be nice if we could add our own "units". so like whole new civs or "just" new units.

ok i like this editor its very fun!

This geni2ed is the same geni2ed as you are using now.

Quote:

You never gave a link where people can download this mod. That is sort of important if people are going to try it...

I would love to, but I don't know how to upload a file.

posted 03-29-05 03:11 PM CT (US)     6 / 35  
Find an online host such as freewebs and upload it to there. Then link to it from AoKH.

| D A R C K R C D D |
posted 03-29-05 04:58 PM CT (US)     7 / 35  
Ohh...see if this works:

Click!

posted 03-29-05 10:32 PM CT (US)     8 / 35  
It works. I have yet to install it, though. Try adding a readme detailing all the changes, though.

| D A R C K R C D D |
posted 03-30-05 05:45 PM CT (US)     9 / 35  

Quote:

i think it is ridiculous having castles cost less than towers(ie they are bigger) and second thing: i think it is also ridiculous to make towers stronger than castles.

That's also my only complain, other than that consider this patch 1.0f

==============
| Imperial_5 |
==============
| Proud Member of TOAO Clan |
| Find me on AoE2HD: TOAO_Fano |
posted 03-30-05 06:43 PM CT (US)     10 / 35  
posted 03-30-05 09:07 PM CT (US)     11 / 35  
are you using mod pack studio? how do u use this?
posted 03-30-05 09:14 PM CT (US)     12 / 35  

Quoted from pospher:

Well, I did it so that you don't have idiots spamming towers.

How is it any better if they start spamming castles instead?

CRYSTALCROWN

Play OnlineBecause you really can't gloat about beating the computer.
Learn the FlushSo you don't lose every game in under 20 minutes.

It's not a post count; it's making your posts count.
posted 03-30-05 11:18 PM CT (US)     13 / 35  
Omg, you gotta tell me how you edited all that!!

Nice 5.0!!!

The Marketer
posted 03-31-05 05:21 AM CT (US)     14 / 35  

Quote:

How is it any better if they start spamming castles instead?

Well:

1. It's still a whole racksome 1000 stone for one castle.

2. Castles rule - and gives the player a viable opportunity to amass them.

3. Not many use Towers anyway.

Quote:

are you using mod pack studio? how do u use this?

Geni2ed only. I just changed stats and played around with it.

Quote:

Yeah you definately need a read me in there detailing every single change

I'll make one when I have time.
posted 03-31-05 05:25 AM CT (US)     15 / 35  
iam making a totally new tower defence with genied2. will be here to download soon!
posted 03-31-05 11:52 AM CT (US)     16 / 35  
tower defense is the best game in the world...i am making a single player one right now but ime stuck...i can't get gaia to tribute 8 stone for every kill...my comp has a bug or somthing...oh yea...i downloaded genied2 and when i open it there is nothing..what do i click on to start editing stuff?
posted 03-31-05 01:36 PM CT (US)     17 / 35  

Quote:

iam making a totally new tower defence with genied2. will be here to download soon!

Not a good idea and here's why. Tower Defense is a multiplayer game. In order for the Geni2ed version of your scenario to run properly, each player must modify their .dat file, which people in multiplayer will simply refuse to do because of the hassle (unless it's just for friends).

CRYSTALCROWN

Play OnlineBecause you really can't gloat about beating the computer.
Learn the FlushSo you don't lose every game in under 20 minutes.

It's not a post count; it's making your posts count.
posted 03-31-05 02:14 PM CT (US)     18 / 35  
is there a way to make a hand cannoneer or janissary to fire kinda like a machine gun or faster than what the originally fire...if so someone with geni2ed should make like a splinter cell kind of rpg
posted 03-31-05 02:32 PM CT (US)     19 / 35  

Quote:

is there a way to make a hand cannoneer or janissary to fire kinda like a machine gun or faster than what the originally fire...if so someone with geni2ed should make like a splinter cell kind of rpg

Theoredically, you can. You just replace the default number in slot "Reload time1, Reload time 2" with a value much smaller (Hand cannoneers should have a reload rate of 3.450 as default approximately; making it 0.0500 would theoredically make it fire at an alarming rate)

However, bear in mind of the consequences. Geni2ed has the tendacy to screw other stuffs.

For Example, if you try to modify Villager's hit point, chances are that you end up screwing the entire file. Similar with Trading Carts.

So you've got to take some risks.

posted 04-01-05 01:28 AM CT (US)     20 / 35  

frankwahl,

to learn about geniedit2 go to:

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,33869,,10

"Geni2ed has the tendacy to screw other stuffs.

For Example, if you try to modify Villager's hit point, chances are that you end up screwing the entire file. Similar with Trading Carts."

It never did for me and i spent 6 hours editing stuff. made 2 dat total conversions. one to better reflect the armies of middle earth and one being the phoenix stats mod.

I have never changed a trade carts stats. For the villiagers, i can guess why you think it screws stuff.

If i select "villiager" and give it 40 hit points, a created villiager will have 40 hit points. However, because villiagers have different classes, it doesnt change if a villiager is doing a specific job. So if i send my 40 hp villiager to farm he becomes a "farmer" and reverts back to the standard villiager hit points for a farmer. If you want to change soemthing about a villiager you have to change it for:

farmer
fisherman
builder
sheperd
hunter
etc.

so if you want a villiagers stats to be different you have to change it for every type of villiager.

Plus there are stats for male and female villiagers so you have to change it for both of those types.

Or maybe you just want a builder to have more hitpoints... but as soon as he/she stops building then they would have less hit points.

posted 04-01-05 11:03 AM CT (US)     21 / 35  
if i use the genied2 would it be permanent to all the files or just one specific file that im working on?
posted 04-01-05 03:09 PM CT (US)     22 / 35  

Quote:

if i use the genied2 would it be permanent to all the files or just one specific file that im working on?

If you mean the data you are modifying, then yes, it will be permanent, unless you want to revert it back. In that case, simply go to file, and hit revert. But by revert, the data file will return to the file before any modifications were made.

Quote:

It never did for me and i spent 6 hours editing stuff. made 2 dat total conversions. one to better reflect the armies of middle earth and one being the phoenix stats mod.

I have never changed a trade carts stats. For the villiagers, i can guess why you think it screws stuff.

If i select "villiager" and give it 40 hit points, a created villiager will have 40 hit points. However, because villiagers have different classes, it doesnt change if a villiager is doing a specific job. So if i send my 40 hp villiager to farm he becomes a "farmer" and reverts back to the standard villiager hit points for a farmer. If you want to change soemthing about a villiager you have to change it for:

farmer
fisherman
builder
sheperd
hunter
etc.

so if you want a villiagers stats to be different you have to change it for every type of villiager.

Plus there are stats for male and female villiagers so you have to change it for both of those types.

Or maybe you just want a builder to have more hitpoints... but as soon as he/she stops building then they would have less hit points.

Well, I applied it to all villager types and it created the jam. Well, I guess the problem is my Geni2ed version - I made the full extraction and I'm working with some .dat files like mad.
posted 04-01-05 05:43 PM CT (US)     23 / 35  
Sorry for Double Post. But I've made an update version, with a readme file to tell you the changes: here
posted 04-02-05 09:11 PM CT (US)     24 / 35  
Well, I applied it to all villager types and it created the jam."

2 things... don't know which version of windows you are running but with 98 SE if you do the same thing over and over again, it can get slower and slower...probably something to do with the temp files building up.

Also, I thought it might be buggy to do the "apply to all civs" thing so I did my stats editing civ by civ without ever using "apply to all civs."

Edit: Thanks for including the read me. ill try this mod later tonight and post my thoughts here.

Also, after you click "save" wait a second or 2 before making any other changes.

[This message has been edited by qaz123tfg (edited 04-02-2005 @ 09:14 PM).]

posted 04-02-05 10:11 PM CT (US)     25 / 35  
Some of the ideas sound interesting, but I don't get your analysis of it.

Quote:

I've made this version to minimize gold loss during game, so it lasts a bit longer. And it effctively does by around 30 minutes.

I don't understand this. If I had more gold the game would be over sooner, not later. More gold=more powerful units. Those units do far more damage when you get an advantage and then end the game faster. Imagine how much faster the game will end if I get a few superknights into your econ... And extra HP for siege means buildings fall down faster. No defensive buildings (1000 stone for a castle? um... no I'm not making one for a while) means less defenses to kill anyway.

Quote:

Another attraction is that the flush is now counterable easily with m@a, so you don't really see civilizations fight only with petty spearmen and skirms.

Um... skirms and/or archers>MAAs. Give the MAAs less HP and they die ever faster. Making them cheaper doesn't do much since you're still mining gold to play defensive. I don't see why a 25 pop scout/archer rush wouldn't be horribly effective if you try to FC. No towers means you can't defend without an army and if you go MAAs that will die to both scouts and archers you're in trouble. Despite the low cost, you're still not making very useful units. Remember that it doesn't matter if you're being more cost effective in your army if I own it and kill your villagers. I'd rather lose cost effectively and then just do that damage to your econ than try to be frugal.

Quote:

Knights take an important role, but it's not time-wise effective, because it takes so much time to make one.

Knights are basically nerfed if you make pikes and halbs improved and make them expensive. On this point I can see games lasting longer since pikes are defensive units and if defensive units are better and offensive units worse/slower then you DO have a longer game. For DM those knights might be rox, though. Also consider that the Huns now have a larger bonus in that their training time is reduced 20% and 20% of a long time is a fairly long time. And Franks probably get a higher bonus as well.

Quote:

Champions are effecetively the cheapest siege unit

They were before.

But I do like the idea of gameplay patches that try for a different feel. I'd just recommend trying them out with people who are at least 1650 or so (preferably higher) to see what they'd do with it before deciding how the game will be played.

[This message has been edited by Gordon (edited 04-02-2005 @ 10:15 PM).]

posted 04-03-05 07:30 AM CT (US)     26 / 35  

Quote:

Knights are basically nerfed if you make pikes and halbs improved and make them expensive. On this point I can see games lasting longer since pikes are defensive units and if defensive units are better and offensive units worse/slower then you DO have a longer game. For DM those knights might be rox, though. Also consider that the Huns now have a larger bonus in that their training time is reduced 20% and 20% of a long time is a fairly long time. And Franks probably get a higher bonus as well.

Nice point, but you've got to see them personally on the field. They are Awesome. I've had games where 10 paladins fought back around 60 heavy camels, hussars, halbs, and hand cannons and ended up all alive.

Well, to counter the pikes, you just need Hand Cannons for this version. It's only 25f 15g for an awesome damage. An alternative is ... yes ... champions, with only 15f 5 gold! Alternatives include improved Cavarly Archers, cheaper archers, scorpions, onagers... what can I say...Even paladins could manage to break through Halb lines if they manage to distract the halb formation and then head for the center to cut the formation in half.

About Huns....by long, I meant lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ong (2 minutes and 10 seconds in gameplay second if I'm correct - a bit more time consuming than paladin upgrade itself ). One can make around 6~10 halbs per paladins. And I've made a recent patch to slow down paladin speed to almost an infantry- exposing them even more to halbs. Even worse is that one can go for champions, which can be created faster than halbs, and could fairly easily overwhelm paladins by sheer mass.

Quote:

I don't understand this. If I had more gold the game would be over sooner, not later. More gold=more powerful units. Those units do far more damage when you get an advantage and then end the game faster. Imagine how much faster the game will end if I get a few superknights into your econ... And extra HP for siege means buildings fall down faster. No defensive buildings (1000 stone for a castle? um... no I'm not making one for a while) means less defenses to kill anyway.

Well, the problem is that the enemy also has access to more powerful units. This includes Halbs, Hand Cannons, Champions, and maybe Skirms if you don't want to waste gold. With such gold, one could afford more Onagers, excellent siege weapons with faster projectiles, and also scorpions, another good mass destruction weapon....

I mean, this game is not a petty skirm/pike/siege game anymore. There's so much more to it now.

Quote:

Um... skirms and/or archers>MAAs. Give the MAAs less HP and they die ever faster. Making them cheaper doesn't do much since you're still mining gold to play defensive. I don't see why a 25 pop scout/archer rush wouldn't be horribly effective if you try to FC. No towers means you can't defend without an army and if you go MAAs that will die to both scouts and archers you're in trouble. Despite the low cost, you're still not making very useful units. Remember that it doesn't matter if you're being more cost effective in your army if I own it and kill your villagers. I'd rather lose cost effectively and then just do that damage to your econ than try to be frugal.
But I do like the idea of gameplay patches that try for a different feel. I'd just recommend trying them out with people who are at least 1650 or so (preferably higher) to see what they'd do with it before deciding how the game will be played

Good point. I'll take considerations in that.
posted 04-03-05 03:20 PM CT (US)     27 / 35  

Quote:

I mean, this game is not a petty skirm/pike/siege game anymore. There's so much more to it now.

It was before?
posted 04-03-05 03:39 PM CT (US)     28 / 35  
Well...to me it was- because all games were flush to me. Occasionally some knights and cavarly archers, but mostly on those trash units.

Anyway...I've just obtained the 1.0c patch, and I'm making another patch, this time with the fancy looking turtle ship patch. For 1.0c of course.

posted 04-03-05 07:07 PM CT (US)     29 / 35  
The skirm/spear combo is only for starting out on a Flush. If you stay in Feudal for a while you really have to switch to scout/archer (unless you're Byz, but even Byz players go archers after a while sometimes). If you don't stay in Feudal long, you'll go up fast and get knights.

In team games you will almost always have both pockets FC and go knights (or EWs as Meso). Most of these games last to Imp, with players exploiting their civs' later strengths (UUs, etc.).

Even a 1v1 Arabia Hun war will see more than skirm/spear unless it's over very fast.

btw, I just realized that having militia cost that little means Drushing owns. With good micro it doesn't matter how few HP they have since you can run the hurt one away. Aztecs can now get 6 militia for 90 food instead of 360. So they can probably up fine with a 25 pop around when a Hun would hit at 24 (free loom=rox) and have 6 militia.

That sounds kinda interesting, actually.

posted 04-03-05 10:19 PM CT (US)     30 / 35  
One elite samurai can kill 7 champions at once, which I thought was interesting.

Here are some other opinions/questions of mine:

The paladins are crazy durable, why? They simply kill everything.

It says that Castles and Towers cost more. They don't.

"Siege Rams have immense hit points"- this I like.

Quote:

btw, I just realized that having militia cost that little means Drushing owns. With good micro it doesn't matter how few HP they have since you can run the hurt one away. Aztecs can now get 6 militia for 90 food instead of 360. So they can probably up fine with a 25 pop around when a Hun would hit at 24 (free loom=rox) and have 6 militia.

This is something I realized too, which I like.

Jaguar Warriors suck now, which I don't like. They simply have no purpose.

----

I like this "patch" but there are some balance problems. The aztecs simply lose in a game that progresses to the late castle and imperial ages, and the koreans dominate even more with their turtle ships. Balance this out a bit and this will be a great modification to the game.

[This message has been edited by SpikeX (edited 04-18-2005 @ 01:08 AM).]

posted 04-04-05 01:55 AM CT (US)     31 / 35  
Anyway...I've just obtained the 1.0c patch, and I'm making another patch, this time with the fancy looking turtle ship patch. For 1.0c of course."

Ah! all my stats edits i did i had the c patch installed before i did them. That might be the reason you were having problems. I tested the mod out tonight.

Some thoughts:

Celtic seige now OWNZ just about everything.

Pal's take too long to make... The quick hun calvary is nulified. and the huns dont have much else going for them(military wise)...just about reduced to making Ca's, and tarkans...

(the civ bonuses are added to whatever dat changes you make)

I had major stability issues...whole game freezes for about 2 - 3 minutes... then it starts again. One game that happened twice then it crashed to desktop.

O/s: win 98 se

ram: 512

128mb video card

athlon 2600 running at 1ghz

It could just be my comp though...I think the cmos battery is about wore out.

anyone else having stability issues?

also when stats editing make the math easy for the game engine by useing 10's, 5, or numbers that can be divided equally by them.

and if you edit any unit outrageously (i.e. a unit moves at 2.000 tiles per second, you may have lag and crash issues.)

posted 04-04-05 04:00 PM CT (US)     32 / 35  

Quote:

That sounds kinda interesting, actually.

Well, villagers basically can massacre militias because they have 40hp, 1/1 armor, and 3 attack versus a petty unit with only 10 hp.

====

Okay folks. I guess I'll let this thread sink for a while- because I have IB mock exams coming next week. But keep on the feedbacks. I'll read them.

posted 04-11-05 04:44 PM CT (US)     33 / 35  
Back to the project- and I've got the version for 1.0c:

Here

Still for terrestrial units only, but still it's great.

posted 04-16-05 06:02 AM CT (US)     34 / 35  
which is the ror swordsman in geni2ed?
posted 04-16-05 10:05 PM CT (US)     35 / 35  
heavy swordsmen you mean? I think that's the Choson UU, but that's all I know.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » I've made a Geni2ed version of the Game.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames