Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: GeniEd2 Enhanced Version 3
posted 07-29-06 10:09 AM CT (US)   
I am going to attend the opening camp (or whatever it's called) of the university, so I would want to post it somewhere before that.

I did also receive the report about GeniEd(1) being a trojan house, but I still have no idea why it happened.

http://gesneo.hp.infoseek.co.jp/NEW3.rar

Description of some new function:

Complete Resource List

The resource list used by Stored Resource, Building Cost Type and Training Cost Type is now complete, listing all 198 resources in the game.

Standing / Dying / Garrison Tag Graphic 2

Standing graphic 1 and 2 will be displayed by turns, but dying and garrison tag graphic 2 will never be used by the game.

Creation / Selection Sound 1 / 2

Selection sound is finally here. By the way, both sound 2 are not used by the game.

Test: Damage Graphic

Damage graphic is a graphic slot that would appear on the top of the unit itself after it has received certain amount of damage.

Visible in mini-map

It controls whether the unit can be seen in the mini-map.

Player Interaction Mode

00 = Select Off, Move Command Off, Attack Command Off
01 = Select Off, Move Command Off, Attack Command Off
02 = Select On, Move Command Off, Attack Command Off
03 = Select On, Move Command Off, Attack Command On
04 = Select On, Move Command On, Attack Command On

The slot controls "what you can do to the unit".

Command / Attribute List Type

00 = Command: Delete, Garrison, Stop | Attribute: Hit Point
01 = Animal
02 = Non-Military Building
03 = Villager
04 = Military Unit
05 = Trading Unit
06 = Monk
07 = Transport Ship
08 = Relic / Monk with Relic
09 = Fishing Ship
10 = Military Building

This slot affects which command(s) the unit will have and which attribute of it will be displayed (when the unit is selected).

2 and 10 can only be used by buildings, while they control which list the building's build command button would appear on as well.

Editor Placement Terrain

This is the required terrain type of the tile where the unit is placed (like water terrain for dock).

Editor Placement Bypass Terrain

This is the required terrain type of one of the tiles NEAR where the unit is placed (like beach terrain for dock).

Selection Graphics Effect

00 = Hit Point Bar On, Selection Shadow Off
01 = Hit Point Bar On, Selection Shadow On
02 = Hit Point Bar Off, Selection Shadow Off
03 = Hit Point Bat Off, Selection Shadow On

Selection Shadow is a dark version of the selection shape that will always appear on the screen, but it doesn't seem to be working on all units.

Villager Mode

This will make the unit function like a villager, e.g. change to gold miner when tasked to a gold mine.

Known Issues:

• Mis-typing: Garrison Tag Graphic 2 -> Garrison Tag Graphic 1
  • Mis-typing: Armour Strength -> Armour
  • "Test: Damage Graphic" displayed for all units
  • Mis-placing: Secondary Missile Graphic Attack Slot
  • "Secondary Missile Graphic Attack Slot" too long name
  • Mis-aligning: Armour type, Attack Strength type
  • Missing slots: Dead Mode, Placement Mode, Air Mode
  • DigiT - "Stored Resource * used" and "Cost * used" boxs may not be boolean
  • "Help Message Language ID" not working

Wish List:

• "No terrain restriction for all units" command
  • "Zero-size for all units" command
  • More attributes to modify
  • More slots on Armour Strength type and Attack Strength type list
  • "Add Armour Strength" button
  • "Add Attack Strength" button
  • Better Layout for Damage Graphic section
  • "Add Damage Graphic Slot" button
  • View tab (controlling which "section" of attribute will appear on the program interface)

Member of Tsunami Studios
Scenario T.C.: “Yes, the traitors can’t be terminated.”
Richard Ames: “Scenario_t_c should take care of them in a succinct but humorous fashion.”
Don Jorge de Leon: “Ave Trisolo! Vive Trisolo!”

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 07-29-2006 @ 10:25 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-29-06 10:49 PM CT (US)     1 / 21  
I love it, much better than the former version. I like how you organized the different catagories.

Could you explain to me a few details I don't quite understand.

1. How does the training function work, by changing the training building ID would I be able to make the war wagon creatable at the seige workshop for the celts?

2. when modifying attack strengths and weakneses, what do the numbers across from the Attack Strength window represent?

3. What is secondary missile and how does it work?

4. By selecting flying mode could I make flying units that attack units on the ground and can only be killed by archers?

5. I'm not sure how this graphic thing works, so the secondary walking is the walking that is used when clicked to attack a unit, the secondary walking takes turns with the other walking, what about dieing, is it random?

6. What is the selection graphic effect?

Thanks in advance, and good luck with GeniEd2 Enhanced Version 4.

I actually had some ideas

It would be really cool if you made a new version of Mod Pack Studio that had GeniEd built into it. Also it would be cool if you could do a duplicate unit feature that will make another unit in the .dat that you can modify to make a newer unit. Also it would be cool to add a program that can add graphics without the hastle of using GeniEd 1.

posted 07-30-06 00:28 AM CT (US)     2 / 21  
great job scenario_t_c a new world of possibilities are now available for creative moders thanks by you.
What I'm still in doubt is if it's already possible to control whatever a unit is convertable or not(like sheeps and monuments) so we can make realistic mercenary troops or even simulate slavery by making vilagers convertable by the conquering army, does the "Command / Attribute List Type 01 = Animal" option controls that?
posted 07-30-06 04:58 AM CT (US)     3 / 21  

Quote:

1. How does the training function work, by changing the training building ID would I be able to make the war wagon creatable at the seige workshop for the celts?

The answer is still the same - you need to add a technology (with GeniEd1) before enabling aunit to be created.

Quote:

2. when modifying attack strengths and weakneses, what do the numbers across from the Attack Strength window represent?

They are the "real" attack and armour value, including the attack bonus and defense bonus. Unit would receive damage of an attack type only when they have the same armour type. (Some unit would receive damage from all kinds of attack type though, and this would be an option to be implemented in future version.)

Quote:

3. What is secondary missile and how does it work?

Secondary missile is only the renamed version of "Projectile Duplication" in GeniEd2 Enhanced Version 2.

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,36314,,all

Quote:

4. By selecting flying mode could I make flying units that attack units on the ground and can only be killed by archers?

The flying mode slot won't really make unit fly. To make the unit really fly, you have to alter its terrain restriction to 0, change its size to smaller than 0.5 and modify its graphic slot (in some way that is still unknown).

Quote:

5. I'm not sure how this graphic thing works, so the secondary walking is the walking that is used when clicked to attack a unit, the secondary walking takes turns with the other walking, what about dieing, is it random?

Standing Graphic 1 and 2 would be displayed by turns. Walking Graphic 2 is displayed when the unit is tasked towards another unit. Walking Graphic 1 is displayed when the unit is tasked towards a tile.

Dying Graphic 2 is not used by the game.
Garrison Tag Graphic 2 is not used by the game.

Quote:

6. What is the selection graphic effect?

That was mentioned in the top thread.

Quote:

What I'm still in doubt is if it's already possible to control whatever a unit is convertable or not(like sheeps and monuments) so we can make realistic mercenary troops or even simulate slavery by making vilagers convertable by the conquering army, does the "Command / Attribute List Type 01 = Animal" option controls that?

My guess would be unit class 1 and 58.

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,35755,,all

Richard Ames: “Scenario_t_c should take care of them in a succinct but humorous fashion.”

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 07-30-2006 @ 05:01 AM).]

posted 07-31-06 00:50 AM CT (US)     4 / 21  
Simply....wow.

scenario_t_c, I am wondering if you could modify genied2 so that it can "lock" certain parts of a unit's stat from being overwritten by the "apply to all civ" function. For example, when one changes the stats for monks, aztec monks would lose its graphics because the apply to all civ function also alters graphics.

posted 07-31-06 02:08 AM CT (US)     5 / 21  
(As scenario_t_c's wish, I've deleted it.)

@scenario_t_c: Please tell me how to upload file to your space.

[This message has been edited by Niglaw (edited 07-31-2006 @ 11:50 PM).]

posted 07-31-06 02:39 AM CT (US)     6 / 21  
remato, that can be turned off by clicking on it.
posted 07-31-06 10:59 AM CT (US)     7 / 21  
@Niglaw

That version is still having some minor bugs, do not download it first.

On the other hand, please don't make public of my experiment next time. I want to keep things secret for a period...

posted 07-31-06 11:47 PM CT (US)     8 / 21  

Quote:

please don't make public of my experiment next time.

I'm very sorry about it, scenario_t_c, and I've deleted the download link. I won't do that any more.
If you're online now, please open MSN and communicate with me.

posted 08-02-06 00:37 AM CT (US)     9 / 21  

Quote:

remato, that can be turned off by clicking on it.

Sorry for being an idiot, but where should I click?

posted 08-03-06 06:26 AM CT (US)     10 / 21  
No source?

Creator of the AOK Trigger Studio, a work not in progress.
Wise men still seek Him.
posted 08-03-06 08:00 AM CT (US)     11 / 21  
@DigiT

If you want, I can send the source code as well as all my database structure researching notes to you.

posted 08-03-06 08:51 AM CT (US)     12 / 21  
scenario_t_c: any luck on the page-changing stuff for buildings? sorry if it has been discovered, but i couldn't find anywhere...

thanx...

posted 09-21-06 05:44 AM CT (US)     13 / 21  
Hey TC, Check your E-Mail!
posted 09-27-06 02:58 AM CT (US)     14 / 21  
Great work TC! Although I have a problem, I enabled "villager mode" for the Viking Beserk, but that didn't seem to do anything. Am I doing somthing wrong, or is what I am trying to do not possible?

-Ninja- Skilled in Hand, Mind, Sword and Spirit!
posted 09-28-06 06:22 PM CT (US)     15 / 21  
When I change the graphic id's of a unit, the population doesn't go down when the unit dies, I'm also changing the unit language id, icon id and dead unit id.
posted 09-28-06 09:09 PM CT (US)     16 / 21  
Does the dead unit possibly count towards the population?

Creator of the AOK Trigger Studio, a work not in progress.
Wise men still seek Him.
posted 10-01-06 01:28 AM CT (US)     17 / 21  
Maybe making the dead unit's count towars the population -1?

-Ninja- Skilled in Hand, Mind, Sword and Spirit!
posted 10-02-06 05:41 AM CT (US)     18 / 21  
Hey TC,
Maybe, you already noticed, but do you know, that buildings have a third creaton sound ID?
Also, did you checked you e-mail

And guys, do you already know about it, where you can find the rotation speed of the unit?
It's a 32-Bit Float!
You can find it at ships, and trebuchets!

posted 10-02-06 05:44 AM CT (US)     19 / 21  
Hey Guys!
Do you know about the direct unit input option?
It's a byte (somewhere close after the unit hide in editor mode option)
(00 FFFF !00! 00 FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF)
When you set this to 01, you will be able to build the unit in every age, without changing any technology, or CHUN4!!!
(This option was also used by most dark age buildings!)

[This message has been edited by Ancient Warrior (edited 10-02-2006 @ 05:45 AM).]

posted 10-05-06 04:07 AM CT (US)     20 / 21  
@Niglaw

Nice to meet you.

@scenario_t_c

Wonderful tool for searching the AOK-TC base setting! However, like somebody's description fore, after doing some editing working with this editer ,population problem is exist that dead unit count a population through the duration of game. Over all, Thank you for offering this.

[This message has been edited by cito (edited 10-08-2006 @ 04:13 AM).]

posted 10-07-06 00:53 AM CT (US)     21 / 21  
@cito

Nice to meet you, too! And I found a way to solve this problem. (To be frank, I learned it from s_t_c, too) I changed the "Store Resource x Used" check box into a text box, because it is not a Boolean. And after changing its value to the correct number (sorry, I forgot how many the number is), the problem was worked out. As s_t_c's wish, I won't send the edited program in public now. All of us hope s_t_c will return soon.

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » GeniEd2 Enhanced Version 3
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames