Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: List of dead units and projectiles
posted 08-03-06 01:22 AM CT (US)   
Before I leave HG for a while, I decided to give the modding comunity a little present. A list (MS Excel *.xls file) containing all dead units and projectiles in AOK, separated into 4 categories: used dead units, unused dead units, used projectiles and unused projectiles.

Blacksmith link

Someone: why did you bothered making that list?

Simple. There are several projectiles that aren't fired by any unit. And there are several invisible dead units. Not to mention a few dead units that don't belong to any unit.

Therefore, when you think about it, you come to the conclusion that these units are useless, they just occupy space in your editor's list...

So I had an idea: why not replacing this units with something else? After all, editing "used" units is rather annoying since it might ruin multiplayer/campaign playing. Those unused units, on the other hand, never really appear into the game, and editing them doesn't "harm" it...

But given a first look it's kinda hard to find out which units are used and which are not. In fact, it's almost impossible to do it using only the editor. It took me 2 days to get it done, using both GeniEd2 and the ES editor. I wasted my time so that you can save yours.

Therefore, whenever you feel like adding a new unit to the game, there's no need to make a new one from scratch. There are 82 unused dead units and projectiles waiting to be replaced by something else!

Some screenshots:
2 3 4

NOTE: The list is not completed yet. There are more useless stuff that I still need to add, such as "OLD-GATOR" and "TMISA", among others. I might get that updated later...

first link edited. -Shadowflare

[This message has been edited by Shadowflare (edited 08-13-2006 @ 09:15 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08-05-06 05:37 PM CT (US)     1 / 9  
Bump.

Well, no one seem to care/notice, but the link's up.

http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=7863

[This message has been edited by Cesar Bernardi (edited 08-06-2006 @ 01:21 PM).]

posted 08-06-06 03:20 AM CT (US)     2 / 9  
@Cesar

Shorter link here: http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=7863

BTW, that's a good and useful list. Nice job.

Hope to see you back here soon.

Member of Tsunami Studios
Scenario T.C.: “Yes, the traitors can’t be terminated.”
Richard Ames: “Scenario_t_c should take care of them in a succinct but humorous fashion.”
Don Jorge de Leon: “Ave Trisolo! Vive Trisolo!”

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 08-06-2006 @ 03:21 AM).]

posted 08-06-06 04:02 AM CT (US)     3 / 9  
Excellent work Cesar! The list should prove useful.

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 08-13-06 00:03 AM CT (US)     4 / 9  
Umm, the first screenshot link is that of a naked women. Please remove this offensive post immediately.

Memories are like footprints. If you don't revisit them, they are soon enveloped by new snow...
posted 08-13-06 00:16 AM CT (US)     5 / 9  
wtf...
posted 08-13-06 00:52 AM CT (US)     6 / 9  
posted 08-13-06 09:18 AM CT (US)     7 / 9  
Great list Cesar but...yah, check your linkage from now on. I took out the first link since it was creating an uproar in my Inbox and just so happens to violate the CoC.

Carry on.

Shadowflare
Rationalization is a tranquilizer. Quit the dose and awaken.
Whisper | Forum | Profile | MIDRAID | Store
shadowflare.w@gmail.com
posted 08-13-06 11:05 AM CT (US)     8 / 9  
Oops, lol.

Fantastic, Cesar. (On both parts.)

Creator of the AOK Trigger Studio, a work not in progress.
Wise men still seek Him.
posted 08-15-06 01:55 AM CT (US)     9 / 9  
Cesar's gone, until January. He never would have fixed it lol.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » List of dead units and projectiles
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames