You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Empires: Rise of History (HD)
posted 08-21-14 04:15 PM CT (US)   

Age of Empires II: The Birth of the story is a total conversion mod back to the HD version, that will bring back ancient nations and civilizations to Age of Empires.
With an enhanced graphics engine and improved visual detail this promises to be the most great project for this game released to date.

Be released as the Mod

Given that problems may arise in the creation of the Mod, the mod will be released in parts having the first version to the Greek (11 October), and continue updating maps, campaigns and civilizations.

The mod will have better visual and graphic larger.

* New Trees
* Coral reefs
* Units for each different civilizations (No more knights of the Middle Ages to the Aztecs, each completely different civilizations)
* New buildings for each age
* More realistic scale between units and buildings
* Whales, sharks, and other animals from the sea to attack the ships.
* Typhoons, hurricanes at sea
* Animals walking around the map, do not stand still
* Permanent Corpses
* Metal Mines, gold, diamonds, emeralds and the more
* New animals from lions, tigers, bison, elk until Mammoths
* New Gaia and treasures you can find files to increase the wealth
Blood in units
* Among many things will be added throughout the game.

New major and minor civilizations.

Civilizations from the Greeks and Romans, to the Gauls, and lots of minor civilizations that can unlock throughout the game as the Nubians, babylon to Troy.

New technologies

Now if you want to leave the Stone Age did not have to build two buildings of the time, you have to discover technologies that helped the human to move from the shields to the bronze age will allow you to advance and improve your units. Now every age is not a time course to reach the older ages between each term is long and can spend 10 to 20 minutes in a single age before advancing the needs to keep growing and moving forward.

Six ages to enjoy

* Stone Age
* Bronze Age
* Iron Age
* Old Age
* Middle Ages

What takes up now.

[This message has been edited by enkeli (edited 08-23-2014 @ 04:01 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-21-14 04:32 PM CT (US)     1 / 17  
You guys rip off graphics with no remorse...
I am sure that Tzontlimixtli has many hours invested in these graphics, you don't even mention his name, instead you say "completely worked Enkeli Studios". Sucks to be a graphic designer these days. No one wants to help you out while you are making the stuff, they just wait for you to go away, and then release it as their own 'greatest mod ever' smh.

[This message has been edited by Dire_Wolf (edited 08-21-2014 @ 04:36 PM).]

posted 08-21-14 05:08 PM CT (US)     2 / 17  
Dire_wolf is right. Do you have the permission of people to use their graphics?
I also don't really understand much of the text. But what I get from it is that you are making a lot of promises and such. How much of this project is already actually completed (apart from the graphics you used without mentioning the artists).
posted 08-21-14 05:45 PM CT (US)     3 / 17  
completely worked Enkeli
Really? Wow! I really love the buildings! How did you make them?

posted 08-21-14 05:52 PM CT (US)     4 / 17  
lol laught when i saw the screens.
posted 08-21-14 05:55 PM CT (US)     5 / 17  
Hi, try to communicate with Tzontlimixtli, but not, I think it died, so take the buildings and have created new a vase of thing, so many are created by my work group, I leave an example. This is not your job. Echo of all the buildings that have put the've changed. :v

posted 08-21-14 06:07 PM CT (US)     6 / 17  
He didn't reply so you thought it was okay to take it anyway? Adding or changing a couple of things still doesn't make it your work.
posted 08-21-14 06:44 PM CT (US)     7 / 17  
Enkeli, it's considered proper etiquette to contact the original creator of the graphics and obtain their permission to use them before including them in your own project.

Everybody here, from what I've seen, is perfectly generous and has no problem sharing their graphics with others. There are even entire threads set up for this purpose. But it's just common courtesy to obtain the proper permissions first. Aside from the ethical issues, you really don't want to be labelled as "that guy" who rips stuff off.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.

[This message has been edited by HockeySam18 (edited 08-21-2014 @ 06:45 PM).]

posted 08-21-14 07:32 PM CT (US)     8 / 17  
The buildings in the first screens are not edited by you at all, and frankly it is beside the point. It is important not only to give credit but also to ask for permission. Please don't take all of the buildings and chop them up either. If you want to make mods I can help point you in the right direction, I'm sure there are others who can help you out as well. I think the SketchUp article by MrWednesday is a great place to start. Taking peoples work is a surefire way to make sure that graphic artists steer clear of this site, and go to more respectful modding communities.

Also to clarify further:

If you use graphics from another game: give proper credit

If you make your own graphics and use someone elses comment: give credit to the original concept artist

If you edit or use someone elses graphics as a "base": give credit and say what you did to customize it.

Also mention and give credit even if:

You downloaded it as a free 3d model

It is a terrain

The author died

You dont know whp the author is

It was only a couple of graphics

It was only half of a graphic

I hope that covers all the bases.

[This message has been edited by Dire_Wolf (edited 08-21-2014 @ 08:03 PM).]

posted 08-22-14 01:26 AM CT (US)     9 / 17  
Im pretty sure that he is just using the converted civi 3 units from Hawk.net (he is also a member there also).Have the decency to credit the people who converted them.
posted 08-22-14 03:04 AM CT (US)     10 / 17  
I agree, I've nothing against your project but the "completely worked Enkeli Studios" and the lack of credits. You should know that we are a modders community, we don't earn money with those kind of things so you HAVE to give credits, to thanks all the people who worked freely to help a community of fan of AoK...

My viking building set: here!
My legionary: here!
posted 08-22-14 05:46 AM CT (US)     11 / 17  
Wow, this guy is bold.

Jorgito's mod

Scandinavian Woods

Both re-uploaded without any credits and I bet without asking for permission either.

Oh and I think this is an unedited sheet by Sandris, creator of many quality civ 3 units.

Edit: It gets even worse.

[This message has been edited by John the Late (edited 08-22-2014 @ 05:47 AM).]

posted 08-22-14 06:03 AM CT (US)     12 / 17  
Sadly, this is quite common at the Steam Workshop. Uploading files without anyone checking them allows for rapid sharing of work, but at the same time it enables people to plagiarize without real consequences. (The fact that one must give real life contact details when reporting a possible case of plagiarism does not have a positive effect on the situation.)

Edit:

Enkeli, if you wish to participate in this community you should do well to realize that you have to play by the rules. You cannot go around taking other people's work and passing it off as your own. Please keep in mind that uploading such files to the AoKH Blacksmith will have serious consequences for your HG account.

Now, as Dire Wolf already said, there are plenty of people here who are willing to assist you in the creation of new graphics. Why not start designing your own buildings and units?

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 08-22-2014 @ 06:06 AM).]

posted 08-22-14 06:18 AM CT (US)     13 / 17  
All of his stuff are just ripped off from AOKH or Hawk.net
posted 08-22-14 06:18 AM CT (US)     14 / 17  
Oh, he directly presents A.G.E./Turtle Pack as created by "Enkeli Studios ©"!
And he uses adfly links, possibly hoping to gain something. Isn't this a serious violation?

Not to mentioned that a lot of the declared features are not possible - "the enhanced graphics engine and improved visual detail", while the pictures he posted are badly resized and cut, they are not even actually placed in the game engine.

UPatch HD - the unofficial (HD) patch for Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome - HD resolution, HD quality interface graphics, hundreds of bug fixes, new gameplay options and many other enhancements.
--- Download here (version 1.1 Release 3).
--- For more information visit the site.

[This message has been edited by aoe_scout (edited 08-22-2014 @ 06:20 AM).]

posted 08-22-14 07:09 AM CT (US)     15 / 17  
A very interesting project, but you should really learn to ask people for permission to use other peoples work in your mod, and also credit anyone whose work has been used in any way.
posted 08-22-14 09:11 AM CT (US)     16 / 17  
I don't know which one is worse, taking all the work of others without crediting them or naming a studio after yourself.
posted 08-22-14 09:19 AM CT (US)     17 / 17  
Okay guys can we stop bashing him already? I know what he did was wrong but still most of this thread is just basically saying the same thing.

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Age of Empires: Rise of History (HD)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames