Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Mafia 16 Confirmation and Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 09-19-06 10:02 PM CT (US)   
You guys should know the rules, no scum communicating via non-post during the day, no townies communicating via non-post at all. Anyone can email me if they have a question. Everybody confirm and I`ll hit you guys up with a backstory and the game can begin!

The story begins in another small sunny italian town near naples, once again with a REALLY small population (thanks once again to our signups...)

This town had many people in it, and a diverse economy. It was raking in money for its benevolent italian government. But the government wasn`t the one so interested. The mafia has decided to move in and set up shop. They had sleeper agents planted for a long while, so everyone`s a suspect. Anyone who isn`t with the town is against it, and it is now your duty as overzealous italian citizens to lynch, lynch, lynch the night away against those damned organized criminals...

Alive
Blunt Axe
Say1988
Styrophome

Dead
Fattybryce - Cop
Kfish2oo2 - Townsperson
Trebuchet - Mafia
Thunder77 - Doc
Julius999 - Arsonist

Timeline
Night 1 - Fattybryce was killed in a rather large house fire. He was later identified to be a cop.
Day 1 - Inconclusive. Resulted in nobody being lynched.
Night 2 - Kfish died from an assailant hiding in his coi pond. Trebuchet was killed in a rather large house fire. Later he was discovered to be with the mafia.
Day 2 - After much deliberation, the town lynched Thunder77, the town`s doctor.
Night 3 - Say1988 barely avoided death at the hands of yet another large house fire. The arsonist was killed while watching say1988`s house go up in flames.
Day 3 - 72 hours for day actions/lynch voting.

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...

[This message has been edited by Reaper_93 (edited 10-05-2006 @ 03:34 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-19-06 10:04 PM CT (US)     1 / 128  
Thunder, your email is non-functional or my email just sort of hates it. It refuses to send you your role email, so I will have to tell you over AIM or something.

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
posted 09-19-06 10:10 PM CT (US)     2 / 128  
confirmed
posted 09-19-06 10:39 PM CT (US)     3 / 128  
demrifnoc

Ack!
posted 09-19-06 11:50 PM CT (US)     4 / 128  
confirmed

The Wall

coming soon
posted 09-20-06 01:42 AM CT (US)     5 / 128  
confirmed.

As soon as reaper tells me my role.

posted 09-20-06 10:27 AM CT (US)     6 / 128  
[fancytext]confirmed[/fancytext]

* * * (-) | ¯\I )¬, (¯) |) |-|- ,O /^V^\ |¯ * * *
-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-
...Still working on The Epic of Gilgamesh...
posted 09-20-06 10:51 AM CT (US)     7 / 128  
Confirmed

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 09-20-06 02:12 PM CT (US)     8 / 128  
Confirmed

. : T h e  T r e b u c h e t : .
    Member since 10/10/04
    Creator of the best Splash Splash ever
    SS XXIV - The Takeover
    --=---~--=-=---~-=--
"The turtles can only do so much dancing before they get tired. Then they go back in the box." -Luke M
posted 09-21-06 10:21 AM CT (US)     9 / 128  
As it turns out neuman got himself banned, I may have to resend roles...

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
posted 09-22-06 07:31 PM CT (US)     10 / 128  
Alright everybody, the game is starting.

48 hours to send in night actions

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
posted 09-23-06 09:15 AM CT (US)     11 / 128  
Confirmed

Sorry I'm late, we just had 120km/h winds over here (the ass end of a hurricane I think) and my phoneline was down till today.

"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
                            Kfish2oo2
                      -*'`^"^`'*- =~
    '*-=~+,._.,+                      `^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
posted 09-23-06 11:25 AM CT (US)     12 / 128  
's ok. I figured you would confirm eventually, so I just sorta started without you

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
posted 09-23-06 10:39 PM CT (US)     13 / 128  
A rush of wind, a scream is heard, a rush of wind, and now it is gone...

Late at night, in the early AM, Fattybryce was asleep in his bed after being out in the town earlier in the night. He had no idea what was approaching, and so he slept soundly. Suddenly he awoke, his senses awash in danger! He sprang out of bed, certain something was up. But it was too late. Light flickered across his face and he knew what was wrong at the last... his entire house was ablaze. He knew he only had one chance to make it...

Meanwhile, a shadowy figure stalked the street below the inferno staying hidden in a nearby alley. He observed the conflagration with cold precision, knowing the deed to be done.

Upon waking up the town caught a whiff of ash in the air, and knew something was wrong. They awoke to find Fattbryce`s house smoldering on the ground, all of it burnt to cinders from a terrible inferno. All that remained of fattybryce was a single object shining in the middle of where his bedroom used to be - a police badge.

Day has begun - 48 hours for day actions/lynch votes

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
posted 09-24-06 07:08 AM CT (US)     14 / 128  
Well... that was a bad night . Looks like the mafia got lucky and hit our cop, that makes things considerably more difficult. We're going to need to use our minds, and make the most of our day-lynches.

Speculation on setup: We had a cop, so probably a doc also. After the short game last time and the poor odds for the town I think Reaper will have evened things up a bit, to make a longer and fairer game. Therefore I think we most probably have two scum - the mafia. Reason being, only one night-kill was made. It is just about possible that the mafia didn't kill in the night, and that it was a trigger happy vigilante (or possibly a serial killer, although that would mean an unusually high number of scum).

In the last game Reaper left a few clues in the death-scene that everyone missed. For example it was hinted that a blunt weapon was used, and Blunt Axe turned out to be scum (not that this means in any way that he is scum this time round). One piece of speculation is that kfish is probably a townie, Reaper didn't wait for his confirmation to begin night, which would suggest that he is a vanilla townie. Far from certain, but it's a starting point.

Any ideas?

posted 09-24-06 07:42 AM CT (US)     15 / 128  

...God dammit! We lost our cop! But no, I have no ideas.

posted 09-24-06 10:21 AM CT (US)     16 / 128  
I have no ideas either. We have to just wait for more people to post.

Ack!
posted 09-24-06 11:15 AM CT (US)     17 / 128  
Great, now the cop is freaking DEAD, so early in the game as well...

Have to use our minds, don't want to lynch fellow townies

. : T h e  T r e b u c h e t : .
    Member since 10/10/04
    Creator of the best Splash Splash ever
    SS XXIV - The Takeover
    --=---~--=-=---~-=--
"The turtles can only do so much dancing before they get tired. Then they go back in the box." -Luke M
posted 09-24-06 02:03 PM CT (US)     18 / 128  
Night one can't get much better than that.

So what are we gonna do? Random lynch to see what is up? We could nail the doc too

posted 09-24-06 02:43 PM CT (US)     19 / 128  
We really do need to lynch, and lynch scum. We have a very short 48 hour day (sorry for this ridiculous sounding sentence) and need to get a move on. We can't just do a random lynch otherwise (if my theory of there being 2 scum is correct) we'll have 4 townies to 2 mafia. Add in a night-kill and we're on the verge of another defeat. Without a cop it is vital to get a good discussion going, which will expose scum. Our most potent weapon is our vote, and with it we can information via a role claim. To summarise what little has happened so far in order to make a reasonable choice for role-claim forcing, here are my thoughts on the players (in order that they appear in the topic post):

Blunt Axe - Nothing really for or against.
Trebuchet - Seems innocent enough, not too eager to lynch, and our vote is our primary weapon. We must use it to get information.
Say1988 - I assume his last post was a joke, but all the same, it seems suspicious.
Thunder77 - Not posted anything yet. Could be a lurking mafia, or possibly a doctor?
Julius999 - I'm naturally too biased to put anything here.
Styrophome - Nothing really for or against.
kfish2002 - Not posted anything yet. See Thunder77, although as I say in my last post I get the feeling he is pro-town.

All in all, that's a sorry amount of information. As I say we need to get more information, and we need it fast. To try and get some I'm going to Vote: Say1988. I suggest that seeing as there is no threshold rule (see Reaper's last game) we get a couple more votes to pressurize him. If he behaves scummily we lynch him, if not we let him go. If we get too close to a lynch without a role-claim that should also show who is scum and who is town. I personally don't think any townie would place a 4th (and decisive) vote. I know we have little/no evidence against him (Say1988), but he has behaved the least orthodox so far, and is the logical start point.

posted 09-24-06 03:12 PM CT (US)     20 / 128  
NOOOO! Why me?
Think about this people though, think about who would want to kill me, maybe as revenge...

The Wall

coming soon
posted 09-24-06 03:48 PM CT (US)     21 / 128  
Ahem Fattybryce, dead people don't talk. Especially not if they're going to make wild accusations that have no basis. You're obviously insinuating that I am mafia, but really, why would I care if you got me lynched last game? Besides, by that logic if I was mafia wouldn't I go for Styrophome? Anybody who was mafia and so knew who pro-town people were would see you as a legitimate target. Hopefully the remaining townspeople will see that you have no grounds for what you are effectively saying.

To the town, sorry if I appear overly-defensive but I want to quash Fattybryce's ridiculous insinuation that I wanted revenge after being lynched last game before it is allowed to take root in your minds. Meanwhile, back in this game, where relevant things are going on we need to get a discussion going. If any of you do want to vote me for what Fattybryce says I will of course role-claim myself, for what good it'll do you. For those with sense among you I suggest that we ignore Fattyrbryce's unrelated post. Unfortunately I'm going to become a prime mafia target for this, I'd watch out for any who want to speed-lynch me if I were you.

posted 09-24-06 04:34 PM CT (US)     22 / 128  
I am just your generic townie. What I said before was joke. Most games I have seen end up with a random lynch the first day, that is probably what we will end up with here. Hope it ain't the doc.

That said, you last post is a tad suspicious (and not because you voted for me, or what bryce said). You are getting very defensive. Why would you be targetted by the mafia? You have not shown you are of value, you just went on a long defensive rant.

If you were Mafia, I could give you a reason to kill the person you dislike the second most. You are both scum, maybe.

Although I generally agree with you, kfish could be mafia and reaper didn't wait for him because his pal could send in the kill order. Though I would say he is limited to generic townie of mafia.

All that said vote Julius. You are the most suspicious right now. This will likely change once other people post.

posted 09-24-06 04:36 PM CT (US)     23 / 128  

Quote:

You're obviously insinuating that I am mafia, but really, why would I care if you got me lynched last game? Besides, by that logic if I was mafia wouldn't I go for Styrophome?

*pulls his collar tightly*
Erm, might I say again that I'm sorry?

posted 09-24-06 04:48 PM CT (US)     24 / 128  
Say1988, when I said targetted by mafia I meant that if a couple of townies vote for me then if there are two mafia they would see an oppurtunity to lynch a townie and go for it. As it happens I am not of value (apart from the value of any old townie), but from a mafia point of view lynching a townie has to be a good deal. Sorry about my defensive rant, but if you look at mafia 15 you will see I was lynched by two mafia, after a mistaken townie voted for me, do you see my concern?

Incidentally, my suspicion of you is waning, having looked at what you post in the OD mafia and the fact that I can't believe you would be stupid enough to reveal yourself like that. You have effectively role-claimed and so I think I will change my vote to someone who hasn't yet posted.

Unvote
Vote: Thunder77

You may want to check mafia 15 actually, you will see I am posting in the same manner, and look what happened there.

posted 09-24-06 06:13 PM CT (US)     25 / 128  
Vote:Julius999

You seem suspicious right now. I'll probably pull my vote later.

Ack!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Mafia 16 Confirmation and Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames