Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How 'bout them Russians?
posted 12-07-06 06:46 AM CT (US)   
Well, most of us have (hopefully) heard of the "ex"-KGB spy that spilled the beans to the Brits. He was then later killed by radiation poisoning. The Brits now say they're finding the crap all around London... Anyone here live in/go to London? They also found a few other ppl somehow related to the KGB dude that have also been poisoned. Sovies haven't said much of anything about it yet, other than denying it. This is turning into a classic scoobie doo mystery (without the crack making(mini) van. What do you guys think? Is the Sovie regime truely dead? Is this so called FSB really a replacement to the KGB (or just some other fancy name in russian)? Is the Russian justice department soooooo friggin cool(guilty until proven innocent, baby)? Do the Sovies still have a BACKSTAGE IRON CURTAIN????? Am I just a retard? Share your opinions. (link to some news feed on this mucho appreciated)

In A.D. 2101 War was beginning. Captain: What happen? Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb. Operator: We get signal. Captain: What ! Operator: Main screen turn on. Captain: It's You !! Cats: How are you gentlemen !! Cats: All your base are belong to us. Cats: You are on the way to destruction. Captain: What you say !! Cats: You have no chance to survive make your time. Cats: HA HA HA HA .... ALL YOR BASE.
Replies:
posted 12-07-06 07:30 AM CT (US)     1 / 15  
I believe the Soviet Union has always been around, although some are pushing for Democracy. Russia is probably half Soviet and half Democratic at the moment, but with each passing day becomes more police statish (like where I live) and authoritarian. It is also a known fact that Russia is pushing toward a more authoritarian regime, and that many, many things are still banned from her people's sight, just like they were in the ol' Commie times.

Regarding the spy, it is Russia's right to murder him for defecting, not that I agree with killing him. Just that, if a man from ASIO or the CIA for that matter defected and let out a bunch of stuff, do you think those organisations would let the man walk free? I think not.

Quote:

Am I just a retard?

You are not a retard, but you could make your posts more formal. No one has the right to judge you, or anyone else for that matter since they themselves are no better.
posted 12-07-06 11:12 AM CT (US)     2 / 15  
This story is hilarious with aqll nthe different evidence between the papers.

"Experts say this was not an amateur crime, Polonium cannot be obtained on the Web" - The Indepdendent - 26th Nov.

...the radioactie poison used to kill....is being offered for sale over the internet for less than £40" - Times, 30th Nov.

This is pretty old news, as in it's been running for around two weeks and it is interesting how it been developing.

And the polonoum isn't a risk to the puiblic, so you shouldn't threat over any of us English forumers, or forumers in London.

It is all a bit of a frace really whats been going on, though Putin has been doing a lot of "¬_¬" lately.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 12-07-06 11:17 AM CT (US)     3 / 15  
Some airplanes flying between Heathrow and Arlands (Stockholm) had rests of radioactivate material in it. The ammounts where however so small that they would do no harm to any human. Still, hundreds of swedes called Arlanda and the police to see if they surely not had been damaged by the radiocative stuff.

As usuall, it must be Putins younger cousin's brother's sister's uncle's aunt's grand-daughter's husband's nephew's black poodle that did it.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 12-07-06 11:31 AM CT (US)     4 / 15  
Yes, wasn't there also an outbreak of vodka poisening to the Russian commoners? I thought I heard that the Polonium 210 (or whatever it is) was used to make counterfeit vodka, and ended up swamping the hospitols so badly that people were dying on the sidewalk while waiting in line just to be able to get into the building. I sympathize.

* * * (-) | ¯\I )¬, (¯) |) |-|- ,O /^V^\ |¯ * * *
-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-
...Still working on The Epic of Gilgamesh...
posted 12-07-06 11:32 AM CT (US)     5 / 15  

Quote:

thought I heard that the Polonium 210 (or whatever it is) was used to make counterfeit vodka

Lies.

It was just cheap, industrial strength vodka.

"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 12-07-06 11:42 AM CT (US)     6 / 15  

Quote:

Lies. It was just cheap, industrial strength vodka.

Either BBC Sunrise is turning into FOX news, or I gotta stop waking up so early...

posted 12-07-06 03:19 PM CT (US)     7 / 15  

Quote:

You are not a retard, but you could make your posts more formal. No one has the right to judge you, or anyone else for that matter since they themselves are no better.

Is there truely anything "formal" about this town crier? Now, just look at ss. 'Twas a rhetorical question anyhoo.

In A.D. 2101 War was beginning. Captain: What happen? Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb. Operator: We get signal. Captain: What ! Operator: Main screen turn on. Captain: It's You !! Cats: How are you gentlemen !! Cats: All your base are belong to us. Cats: You are on the way to destruction. Captain: What you say !! Cats: You have no chance to survive make your time. Cats: HA HA HA HA .... ALL YOR BASE.
posted 12-08-06 06:14 AM CT (US)     8 / 15  

The papers are so full of crap these days you will never find out the actual "news". It is like they are going beyond just creating a sellable story and try to provoke action by the government.

I think they forget that the UK is lot more settled than our trigger-happy cousins in the US. If someone farts on the other side of the world, and US doesn't like that smell, they will attack it with everything they got.

The problem with tracing Polonium is that traces can be found anywhere. I read (although going back to what I said earlier, this may just be a load of crap) that Polonium is produced naturally in small doses within the body. We cope with these amounts fine.

posted 12-08-06 06:40 AM CT (US)     9 / 15  
That was a provokative statement.

Quote:

If someone farts on the other side of the world, and US doesn't like that smell, they will attack it with everything they got.

Besides having the premere army of the world, imperialism is a virtue by nature of those with power.

posted 12-08-06 07:53 AM CT (US)     10 / 15  

Quote:

imperialism is a virtue by nature of those with power.

Yes, but with power comes great responsibility.
posted 12-08-06 09:31 AM CT (US)     11 / 15  
Darkjedilarry, not sure on your point of view. I simply implied that the US will have military intervension a lot higher up their list of solutions to a problem somewhere in the world, while the UK is more likely going to push that option down theirs.

And much of what the UK puts it down to is "they are their own nation on the otherside of the world, why get involved?".

posted 12-08-06 10:58 AM CT (US)     12 / 15  
I agree with DJL. I would list several reasons and propoganda supporting my opinion, but quite frankly, I don't care to get in political discussions/fights in internet gaming forums. You have the right to belive what you want, so I'm not going to tell you that your wrong; hell, for all I know, you might be right.

In the long run, I really think politics are too complicated to determine if anyone is "right".

*leaves*

posted 12-08-06 11:17 AM CT (US)     13 / 15  

Quote:

The papers are so full of crap these days you will never find out the actual "news"

Then Rasteve, you will find Private Eye very amusing, like I do.

posted 12-08-06 12:13 PM CT (US)     14 / 15  
DJL/Styrophome - bit of misundestanding, i was just giving my opinion of how the news is being portrayed in UK.

Basically my point of view was that UK will back down if they find anything, but if it was the US they would give the russians "some" grief. (actually my point of view would replace "some" with "plenty of").

DJL - if a Russian spy helped the US but was killed on your home soil, how do you think Bush would act?

posted 12-08-06 03:29 PM CT (US)     15 / 15  
Bush hasn't been my favorite president, so I don't try to think in his mind. But...the UK has had quite a few lapdogs to US leaders in the past, just to different extents, so I wouldn't see much difference in their acts.

And, of course the US would do something more aggressively than the UK to Russia if things went down. Russia still has quite a little kick ass in it, and we have been enemies for the past half century, and never were really friends at any point in time.

I didn't post this thread for political squabbles or stability of leaders, either.

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » How 'bout them Russians?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames