Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Assassins Mafia: Signups
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
posted 01-19-11 10:05 PM CT (US)   

Jan 19 2033. Berlin.

Total economic disaster left had left he world reeling. As living conditions became poorer people turned to crime. There was no where safe. The world was broken. The strong united nations of the past would be replaced with small city states as the world descended deeper into anarchy.

As the corrupt bureaucrats became more entangled with the local mob several very influential crime lords realized that they were set up to be replaced by the bureaucrats as the local bureaucrats attempted to carve out their own dictatorships.

Desperately they set up an elaborate scheme to eliminate the leading bureaucrats. It failed. Now they were on the run and they must hide as best the can.

1.Ashrz
2.Herr Elessar
3.Catabre
4.Major Helper
5.Thymole
6.Abhaas Periagil
7.Boukary
8.Pears
9.Jecon
10.Peralta
11.Dannflor
12.Popeychops
13.Henrz
14.Poseidon
15.Xenophone
16.TheMagicEye
17.Mozzarella Man
18.I_wish_a_ville

This shall be an interesting game. I will be testing many new mechanics I've thought up. Please advertise and no this won't be like secrets mafia.

[This message has been edited by Coldviper (edited 01-29-2011 @ 04:54 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-20-11 08:29 PM CT (US)     101 / 127  
See Ashrzr in that Pokemon game, where he clearly labeled the game as screwed up. Or me in Catabre's game, or me in Xenophone's last game.

People bad mouth mods all the time, for whatever reason. As a mod, you should just sit back and see what the other players think. If all of the other players also think that the game is screwed up, well then you're at fault. If not, the person who made the initial claim will come out looking stupid. In both cases, the mod himself doesn't have to do anything.

Even now, instead of replying to me, you could have left the game go on into night and sent news of a loophole to one of the mafias, hence making me look stupid for claiming as such. Instead you decided to throw your toys out of the pram.

However, that is beside the point because I believed the loophole option should have been available to both the mafias from the start, to choose as they please.

I'd like to discuss this mechanic because as you know we were planning to design a mafia with the city mechanic but across different heavens, so discussing this could give us some ideas on how to plan that out.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 02-20-11 09:21 PM CT (US)     102 / 127  
I didn't want to make it too easy or too hard for the scum. I made them more powerful to compensate for any disadvantage they suffered.

The loopholes were to be given out randomly for free or for a price decided by Random.org. Here is what they were.

I-Stay in your city while killing someone from another city.
II-Send one random player there instead.
III-Send one of your lesser scum mates instead of your GF(This one was free)
IV-Lock down every possible route that could lead back to you.(This one cost a decent amount of money)

Only one of the mafias would get one on a given night. Give them both a loophole every night would defeat the purpose of the city mechanic.
See Ashrzr in that Pokemon game, where he clearly labeled the game as screwed up
Correction: He found it confusing and not well designed. A far cry from labeling it as flawed with loopholes for winning easily and comparing it to clearly flawed games.
Or me in Catabre's game,
You were lynched. All your stuff was after you were lynched. Irrelevant.
or me in Xenophone's last game.
Also irrelevant. Unless I missed something you "called it stupid" after the game was over. And you never tagged it onto a flawed game or said that you had spotted loopholes that would make the game easy to win.

Give me some real cases please.
posted 02-20-11 09:23 PM CT (US)     103 / 127  
Excuse me if I'm pissed but this is my second game in a row that has been prematurely ended. I was extremely sensitive to making the game work so maybe I over reacted a bit with you herr. I hope you understand.
posted 02-20-11 09:29 PM CT (US)     104 / 127  
Why you had to move your discussion of the Mafia thread that is now closed to here.

Can I request to get this solved or get a mod to close the sign-ups thread?

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 02-21-11 02:54 AM CT (US)     105 / 127  
I don't see your problem with this thread Mithril Knight, it's not as if we're raining ad hominem attacks on each other.

Again, the flaw in this case was that the loopholes should have been available to the scum from the very beginning, at exorbitant prices or at set points in the game. It would allow them to strategize better, even while not compromising anyone's power. And you messed up your timing by not sending out news of the loopholes immediately to quell any discontent.

And you're being too literal here CV, there are no exact parallel situations to compare with this. What I gave you were obvious examples of a game being labeled as a screw-up in game with the mod still not interfering, while the other two examples are of a mod who's blatantly attacked for screwing up his game with a stupid role and/or unfair balance who chose to take that criticism constructively instead of taking it to heart and allowing their ego to be bruised.

Basically, everything I said in that post was contrary to my actions. I said I wouldn't play properly, yet I was the most active player in the game. I said I saw a loophole, yet as a survivor I had no business knowing about one. Eventually I would have been caught out and all that I said would have been revealed as lies, you didn't need to butt in.

Also, I never even hinted at what the loophole could do until you modkilled me and I was all RAGE x HATE. I never said it would make the game easier or tougher to win.

I will find you more apt cases over my spring break if you decide to stick around till then.

How would option IV work?

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 02-21-11 02:57 AM CT (US)     106 / 127  
The rate at which you seem to be having "hissy fits + leaving" everywhere might just make you into the new Xzy, and trust me, that is not a good thing.

posted 02-21-11 10:13 AM CT (US)     107 / 127  
Oh geez.

Me and Ash were masons.

I was a Airport guy, and could lock down an airport. Only killers could pass through locked air port,

Ash was a full vigilante.

Together, we could have zapped out players.

We suspected Thymole, since he flew in to Tokyo, when it was locked. We planned to vig him Night 1, and if he escaped, we'd have gone for his lynch.
Was he scum?

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 02-21-11 10:17 AM CT (US)     108 / 127  
posted 02-21-11 10:18 AM CT (US)     109 / 127  
And I dont really know how I got into tokyo :P
posted 02-21-11 10:19 AM CT (US)     110 / 127  
And by the way

I was protecting YOU Gil :P
posted 02-21-11 10:43 AM CT (US)     111 / 127  
Herr, if it hadn't been night I'd have declared my VT role to get you to shut up.
Honestly man. You whined so much it was unbearable.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 02-21-11 10:58 AM CT (US)     112 / 127  
Someone modkill this guy for no reason next time he plays when he's almost about to pull off a mini-coup, then he'll shut up.

posted 02-21-11 11:01 AM CT (US)     113 / 127  
Plus, why would your VT role have shut me up?

posted 02-21-11 11:27 AM CT (US)     114 / 127  
That would have been an honest mistake Mole.

I was told only killers could get into locked cities.

How come you got in!

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 02-21-11 12:18 PM CT (US)     115 / 127  
Because the mod f***ed up, most likely.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 02-21-11 02:16 PM CT (US)     116 / 127  
I was in Mozzy's mafia.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 02-21-11 03:03 PM CT (US)     117 / 127  
Herr, I was a JoaT and I was going to NK you that night anyways. I never, ever trust survivors :/

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 02-21-11 05:13 PM CT (US)     118 / 127  
I was going to pre-empt vig strikes and switch cities anyway.

posted 02-21-11 05:23 PM CT (US)     119 / 127  
Because the mod f***ed up, most likely.
Shut up Mozzarella. You're acting like such an asshole. Sometimes I wonder why I put information in the day post when no one reads it. It was clear that two people who could lock down airports targeted each others location and canceled each other out. Please shut up.
Again, the flaw in this case was that the loopholes should have been available to the scum from the very beginning, at exorbitant prices or at set points in the game. It would allow them to strategize better, even while not compromising anyone's power. And you messed up your timing by not sending out news of the loopholes immediately to quell any discontent.
Why? How I set up my game whether it makes it harder for the mafia or easier is my business. I have a plan for the game and you don't. This way worked better IMO for balance.
And you're being too literal here CV, there are no exact parallel situations to compare with this. What I gave you were obvious examples of a game being labeled as a screw-up in game with the mod still not interfering, while the other two examples are of a mod who's blatantly attacked for screwing up his game with a stupid role and/or unfair balance who chose to take that criticism constructively instead of taking it to heart and allowing their ego to be bruised.
I want something during a game. You gave me two End game/after lynch situation where the players KNEW the flaws.

And other one didn't qualify because he only said the game was poorly designed and was confusing. Far cry from what you did. Get me these examples.
How would option IV work?
You would shut down your airport thus preventing any suspicion from resting on you.
posted 02-21-11 05:25 PM CT (US)     120 / 127  
Unless you did not use your action you would still die Heir.
posted 02-22-11 02:13 PM CT (US)     121 / 127  
Plus, why would your VT role have shut me up?
You claimed to have no role.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 02-22-11 06:56 PM CT (US)     122 / 127  
How would that have shut anybody up? You think there's only one VT per game?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 02-23-11 02:04 AM CT (US)     123 / 127  
I claimed as a thief. I never said I didn't have a role.

I was going to use my action CV, in fact I was going to ask you if there was anyway I could distribute the money to my scum buddies.

As for the parallel examples, I'm sure they exist cause I remember them, but I just don't have the time right now. So yeah, spring break. I'll email them to you if you aren't around then.

posted 02-23-11 09:45 AM CT (US)     124 / 127  
I had the ability of getting 2x the money from quests.

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 02-24-11 03:06 AM CT (US)     125 / 127  
I was the backup godfather for Jecon's mafia.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 02-24-11 09:37 AM CT (US)     126 / 127  
And I was the Godfather.

Host of Current Campaigns and Scenarios - Volume 6
Pround member of Black Forest Studios
Creator of: Jengar's Quest: rated 3.9
Working on: GuardianTrilogy ~25% Done
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
"I'm slowly falling to pieces, and I know only one can put me back together, yet he seems to be letting me fall apart, I just pray that his plan is worth it. I know it will be, but its easy to say it, much harder to live it." - sadly, Me
posted 02-24-11 09:42 AM CT (US)     127 / 127  
I was well, the cop

"Xeno is clearly the evil Chuck Norris reincarnate" - Major Helper
"Honestly, I thought Nick Clegg was a classmate of Dom's" - Mozzarella Man
"HIS POOR GRAMMAR MAKES SENSE NOW, HE IS AN ELEPHANT" - Ashrzr
"sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
"I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Assassins Mafia: Signups
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames