You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOKH Survivor
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 82  Next Page »
posted 10-16-11 07:53 PM CT (US)   
AOKH Survivor

How it works

You sign up. In each round, a challenge is set. You complete the challenge. The owner of the worst entry is eliminated. The last forummer to remain in the game is declared the Survivor.

The Rules

It is now too late to sign up, sorry. Every player has one "bye" - a free pass for one round of their choosing (not including the final round). You don't need to state when you are using your bye; if you do not submit an entry in time, your bye will be used.♦

If you enter a round but are eliminated, you then join the judging panel. If you fail to submit an entry and have used your bye, you are eliminated but you will not be eligible to join the judging panel.♥

In each round, the entries will be judged by the judging panel. The judging criteria will be made public within this thread, so you'll have a good idea of how to succeed.♣

The prize is a very impressive and shiny Custom Title, courtesy of Leif Ericson♠

The Judging Panel
NowhereT
Herr Elessar
BSU_DoLhadeS
Coldviper
DraconainDevil
Dead_End
Scragins
Popeychops
Jetkill Fastmurder
Vinyl
Mole
CarolKarine

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of past rounds can be found by scrolling through the thread...sorry there are so many pages..!

Round One
Write a limerick or a haiku

Round Two
Make an origami masterpiece

Round Three
"Internet Explorer": Work out where all 20 of these places are.

Round Four
Popularity: Get forummers to vote for you to stay in the competition.

Round Five
Scavenger hunt: Assemble as many as you can of the listed items into one photo.

Round Six
Persuasion: Write an anonymous letter to persuade the judges to vote for your survival.

Round Seven
Fast Castle: Build a castle in Age of Kings as quickly as you can.

Round Eight
Youtube: Submit a video and the judges vote for their favourite.

Round Nine
Model Making Mayhem

Round Ten
The Semi Final - Masterchef

THE FINAL

For the final, Major Helper and Watson will be racing against each other to submit the correct answers to a set of six puzzles. You may submit your answers either by email (closet.hippy(at)gmail(dot)com) or within the thread - but bear in mind, if you submit in the thread and get anything wrong, the other player may hijack your answers! You win when you get all six answers correct.

The puzzles vary in style and difficulty but you must get all of the answers correct in order to win and claim the prize of a Custom Title, courtesy of Leif Ericson. If you submit an incorrect answer, I will tell you which answer(s) you have got wrong and you may try again. There is no deadline; the round closes once one player gets all the answers correct - they are then declared the Survivor.

Puzzle One

The King is hosting a large party. So large, in fact, that he has 1000 bottles of wine to cater for his guests. However, some scallywag has poisoned one (and only one) bottle of the wine. Naturally, it would be disastrous to serve poisoned wine to the guests - and it is too late to replace it all because the party is tomorrow. Fortunately, the King has servants at his disposal; if a servant consumes even the slightest trace of the poison, he will die a few hours before the party - giving you time to remove the poisoned bottle before your guests arrive. Your servants are not indispensable, however; you must use as few servants as possible and yet be absolutely certain which bottle is the poisoned one. How many servants do you need and how do you find the poisoned bottle?

Your answer should include the number of servants and the method you would employ to find the dodgy bottle. Any method that works is acceptable (eg. use 1000 servants) but the most efficient answer (i.e. the fewest servants used) is preferable.

Puzzle Two

2: Harold
3: Edward
5: Harold
7: James

What's next? Why?

Your answer should be a number and a name. You should give the reason behind your logic. Google may help here.

Puzzle Three

This puzzle is in two parts: The first line can be decoded to give a clue towards the second part. The solution to the second puzzle is your answer.

(Part i): 843153996731471843134448413536368

(Part ii): Fclhcja'q ruk cilkqrepq.

Your answer should be easy to find once you have solved Part ii.

Puzzle Four

What has it got in its pocketses?

Puzzle Five

It came between Time and Money. What was it?

Clue: 39 years ago

Puzzle Six

William the Conqueror is BAGG. Who is BEJC?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Entrants
Major Helper
Watson
Ser Periagil Eliminated (Third place)
CarolKarine Eliminated
Mole Eliminated
Vinyl Eliminated
Jetkill Fastmurder Eliminated
Popeychops Eliminated
Scragins Eliminated
DraconainDevil Eliminated
Coldviper Eliminated
Dead_End Eliminated
Mashek Inactive
Dannflor Inactive
Guard of Osiris Inactive

PS Inspiration for this game

Links to earlier rounds: 1 (no link - "Write a limerick or a haiku"), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)

[This message has been edited by NowhereT (edited 02-11-2012 @ 09:22 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-06-11 02:05 PM CT (US)     401 / 2032  
No, midnight Monday (tomorrow) - Plenty of time to get an entry in!

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
posted 11-06-11 02:19 PM CT (US)     402 / 2032  
(i.e. Google - unless anyone lives in North Korea).
Lol, and China too.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 11-06-11 02:25 PM CT (US)     403 / 2032  
What'll the next round have, so that I can start planning already ?

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 11-06-11 03:14 PM CT (US)     404 / 2032  
The next round will have something to do with your popularity here at AOKH, so mind your P's and Q's and win yourself some friends!

posted 11-06-11 03:18 PM CT (US)     405 / 2032  
*minds Ps and Qs*

Also, I expect Stroke to scrape through this with the infamous popularity drive.
posted 11-06-11 03:56 PM CT (US)     406 / 2032  
There will also be no option to use a bye in the next round.

posted 11-06-11 04:05 PM CT (US)     407 / 2032  

Good thing I already used my bye.

(Also, if the deadline's monday night, I'll try to catch some sleep tonight instead of trying to get all the monuments right)
posted 11-06-11 04:13 PM CT (US)     408 / 2032  
I'll send mine in tomorrow.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 11-06-11 04:16 PM CT (US)     409 / 2032  
Cool cool guys, looking forward to seeing your entries! It's all to play for at the moment!

posted 11-06-11 04:52 PM CT (US)     410 / 2032  
The next round will have something to do with your popularity here at AOKH, so mind your P's and Q's and win yourself some friends!
Oh well.

Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
posted 11-06-11 05:05 PM CT (US)     411 / 2032  
*Insert sympathetic comment here*

posted 11-06-11 09:55 PM CT (US)     412 / 2032  
popularity here at AOKH

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
posted 11-06-11 11:10 PM CT (US)     413 / 2032  
Popularity here at AoKH and no option to use bye? Shit, I'm screwed

*goes cry in a corner*

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 11-06-11 11:17 PM CT (US)     414 / 2032  
*consoles MH*

posted 11-06-11 11:37 PM CT (US)     415 / 2032  
*sniffles while trying to harden up again*

posted 11-07-11 02:12 AM CT (US)     416 / 2032  
trying to harden up again

posted 11-07-11 02:32 AM CT (US)     417 / 2032  
trying to harden up again
Lol

posted 11-07-11 02:41 AM CT (US)     418 / 2032  
Haha Major Helper you'll be fine, I'm sure

On another note, there are now just over 21 hours until the deadline.

posted 11-07-11 03:11 AM CT (US)     419 / 2032  
If I save my By untill the final round can I use it then?
posted 11-07-11 03:14 AM CT (US)     420 / 2032  
You can use your bye to get into the final but you can't use it for the final (i.e. if you get to the final you can't say "I'm using my bye; I win".) Make sense?

At this stage there are likely to be a few more rounds so I would keep your bye for as long as possible... In other words; those of you who haven't submitted for this round, do so ASAP!

posted 11-07-11 06:57 AM CT (US)     421 / 2032  
I'll try and compete in all the rounds, though. I won't use my bye for the sake of using it.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 11-07-11 07:23 AM CT (US)     422 / 2032  
Perhaps I should have worded my previous message a bit better

posted 11-07-11 12:24 PM CT (US)     423 / 2032  
Mayank, if you're reading this, I have received your email, thanks.

Just over 11 hours remaining

posted 11-07-11 02:52 PM CT (US)     424 / 2032  
T'is sent

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 11-07-11 02:57 PM CT (US)     425 / 2032  
Wonderful, my inbox is flooded* with lovely entries!

Dead_End, Guard of Osiris - received.

*overstatement of the century

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 82  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » AOKH Survivor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames