loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Map Game - 13th Century Asia
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
posted 01-19-14 05:35 AM CT (US)   

Map Game: 13th Century Asia

Current Year: 1200

How to play?

• A player decides what actions he/she wishes to make, not the consequences of these actions. This is the job of the dungeonist. The dungeonist is therefore responsible ultimately for ensuring a basic degree of realism, particularly historical believability. Players can contest these events on reasonable grounds, but the dungeonist's opinion counts for more than any single player without solid supporting evidence.
  • Players may freely form alliances with other states. Where non-player states are involved, the dungeonist decides their reaction.
  • Players may freely go to war with other states, although wars must be honourably justified according to reasonable historical thinking or they will naturally suffer the mistrust of the other player-states. They can also incur the wrath of the gods in other words the dungeonist will make random bad things happen to them, preferably via non-player states, to reflect their breach of international codes.
  • The dungeonist decides the validity of any action or its outcome but does not hold final say. If proper justification can be made for a different decision and it receives strong player support then the dungeonist should be overruled.
  • This description is not necessarily complete or all-encompassing and rules can be altered or changed at the dungeonist's discretion.

Additional rules

• You are compulsorily required to post in bold and in third person, except in letters or speeches, to avoid confusion. Any non-bold text will considered general comments.
  • A defeated player may re-play as another playable nation if he wishes to.
  • If you are not sure about the plausibility of an action you wish to do, you can tell me so that I answer you or make researches about it.
  • If there is a battle between two players, both players will email their strategies and tactics to me and I'll decide it with these in mind. The defending player may choose the terrain if he is able to.
  • All actions will be known throughout to simulate spies. Any conversation you want other players not to notice will be posted in the form: [secret] Popey was a lousy mod [/secret]. Other players may not base their actions on this. However if it is a large scale event or if the messenger passes through hostile territory, it may or may not remain a secret.
  • Players may not influence actions out of the map but events outside the map may influence the game. For example: Crusades.

Players:

Hockeysam18 - Mongols
Reganknight1597 - The Republic of Novgorod
Taichud - Song Dynasty
Fr_Steve - Pagan (Burma)
TheIanOakley - The Kingdom of Diyarbakir
Dead End -
Knaber - Ayyubid Sultanate
Popeychops - Chola Empire
Excelsior - Kingdom of Koryo

[This message has been edited by Jetkill Fastmurder (edited 01-30-2014 @ 05:26 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-19-14 05:40 AM CT (US)     1 / 275  
Few changes or additions to the rules. Do read them again.
posted 01-19-14 05:45 AM CT (US)     2 / 275  
All actions will be known throughout to simulate spies. Any conversation you want other players not to notice will be posted in the form: [secret] Popey was a lousy mod [/secret]. Other players may not base their actions on this. However if it is a large scale event or if the messenger passes through hostile territory, it may or may not remain a secret.
Just pointing out, that controlling wheter a player does or does not base his action on a secret event might be difficult. It's easy to use excuses for such type of thing, and you can never know for sure whether the cause of an action was a secret event or something else.

For example:
Player 1: [secret]The empire of japan is building lots of siege units.[/secret]

Player 2: The empire of china is improving their walls and anti siege equipment.

Host: Player 2, is this action based on Player 1's secret action?

Player 2: No, just felt like i'm gonna need that anyways.

That is just a rubbish example, but it will be difficult knowing the cause of a players action for sure.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel

[This message has been edited by DAVASTATAR (edited 01-19-2014 @ 05:49 AM).]

posted 01-19-14 06:07 AM CT (US)     3 / 275  
Spies would of course report that development. Again any large scale events will be known to all. Large scale includes mobilizing, raising new armies, new equipment, etc. Small scale is restricted to personal letters, diplomacy exchanges and orders issued to high command officers. But yeah, since it is a forum-based game, one player can't ambush another, but he might ambush the non-player controlled nations.

[This message has been edited by Jetkill Fastmurder (edited 01-19-2014 @ 06:07 AM).]

posted 01-19-14 06:08 AM CT (US)     4 / 275  
I nominate Moff to be the Po-Ni player.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 01-19-14 07:08 AM CT (US)     5 / 275  
Mayank, do you plan on writing us a brief summary about our countries before starting, like I did last game?

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
Still looking for DANISH, UKRAINIAN, LITHUANIAN and HUNGARIAN voices.
posted 01-19-14 07:13 AM CT (US)     6 / 275  
haha lol

THE MONGOLS
Hockeysam18

Leader: Temujin
Current Army Strength: 100,000 active warriors
Religion: No official religion
Diplomacy: Hostile to all neighboring regions

Temujin, leader of the Mongols, has done great work to bring many of the neighboring tribes under one banner. His policy of integrating those he conquers or makes ally into his own tribe has gone well with the inhabitants and most of them are happy with his rule. His policy of sharing the loot with soldiers instead of only the aristocracy has also reinforced his position among the soldiers, and he has been repeatedly elected the ruler of the tribes. The main opponents of the Mongol confederation are the Naimans to the west, the Merkits to the north, Tanguts to the south, and the Jin Dynasty to the east, all of whom often raid the mongol patrols.

The nomadic lifestyle of the Mongol society allows them to mobilize large amounts of troops at a time. Soldiers often take their entire families and herds with them on foreign expeditions and each soldier keeps 3-4 horses, so gathering resources and fodder can be tricky. But on their own, the Mongol army can march upto 75 miles a day without any supplies. Current army strength is 100,000 mounted warriors (with lancers and bowmen in the ratio 2:3).

SONG DYNASTY
Taichud

Leader: Emperor Ningzong of Song
Current Army Strength: 800,000 men maximum, of which 45,000 are in the navy
Religion: Predominantly Buddhist
Diplomacy: Hostile to Jin Dynasty, neutral towards other neighbors

Pushed by the Jin Dynasty from the north, the Song Dynasty has lost vast tracts of land, including its capital Kaifeng, the Song Dynasty is now ridiculed as the 'Southern Song'. But it hasn't lost all that much. Most of the agricultural regions, two thirds of the original population and many productive areas are still under Song control and the economy is stable. The capital is situated at Li'Nan. After multiple naval defeats at the hands of the Jin, the Song Synasty has built up an impressive navy, consisting of 45,000 marines on 550 warships. The army of the Song Dynasty is the mightiest in the world, comprising of 800,000 total war-ready men. It is very costly however, and 3/4ths of the Song income is used to fund this army.

The government's decision to confiscate portions of land owned by the landed gentry in order to raise revenues for ambitious projects has not gone down well with the nobles, causing dissension and loss of loyalty amongst leading members of the Song nobility. Matters are made worse by the fact that many wealthy, land-owning families use their social connection with those in office in order to obtain tax exemption. But still, the Song Dynasty holds together, preparing against a Jin offensive.

REPUBLIC OF NOVGOROD
Reganknight1597

Leader: Sviatoslav III of Vladimir
Current Army Strength: Maximum 30,000 active warriors
Religion: Orthodox Christian
Diplomacy: De-jure vassal of Kievan Rus. Hostile to Sweden. Faces Crusaders from other Catholic nations.

The Republic of Novgorod is a nominal territory of the Principalities of Rus. After the dismissal of Prince Vsevolod Mstislavich in 1136, Novgorod has become a de facto republic, inviting and dismissing rulers at will. Hence the Prince of Novgorod must tread a fine line while ruling, lest the people depose him as well. He has only begun office, since the dismissal of the last ruler in 1199, so he enjoys the support of the people, for now. Novgorod is economically healthy, with the easternmost ports of trade routes in the Baltic all under Novgorodian control. The trade of furs and minerals derived from the north has helped Novgorodian trade.

Recently Crusaders around the Baltic, particularly funded by Sweden, have begun incursions into the western ports of Novgorod. They must be repelled at all costs protect the Republic. The Novgorodian army consists of 30,000 men during summer, comprising mostly of spearmen and axemen and some cavalry. They are largely under-equipped because there have not been any wars as of late. But will that continue for long?

AYYUBID SULTANATE
Knaber

Leader: Al-Adil
Current Army Strength: Maximum 30,000
Religion: Sunni Muslim
Diplomacy: Currently at peace with the Crusader States. Internal strife. Strained relations with Zengids and Diyarbakir.

Established by the great commander and ruler Saladin, the Ayyubid Sultanate is embroiled in a civil war between his sons Al-Adil and Al-Afdal. Since Saladin didn't establish a centralized empire, and gave land to his relatives instead, after his death his sons began to squabble for land. After the death of Al-Uthman, ruler of Egypt, Al-Afdal ruler of Damascus has crowned himself sultan, while Al-Adil, ruler of Mesopotamia was away on a campaign. Al-Adil is a powerful ruler, commanding respect and loyalty in people throughout the Empire. He must unite the forces of the Ayyubid Sultanate to depose Al-Afdal and take his rightful place as sultan.

However things aren't as easy as they sound. Az-Zahir, ruler of Aleppo and Diyarbakir, supports Al-Afdal as sultan. On the other hand al-Mu'azzam, Adil's son holds the control of Kerak and Transjordan. With the empire divided, neighboring nations seek to claim land for themselves from the sultanate. Asadiyya and Salahiyya, two groups of mamluks enlisted by Saladin himself, support opposing sides in the war. Asadiyya support al-Afdal while Salahiyya supports al-Adil. Al-Adil must gather every man he can muster to win this war and save his empire.

PAGAN EMPIRE
Fr_Steve

Leader: Sithu II
Current Army Strength: Standing Army - 3,500 Maximum 25,000
Religion: Predominantly Buddhist (So much for being pagan)
Diplomacy: Currently at peace with all neighbors, Arakan is a tribute-paying vassal.

The Pagan Empire is at its zenith. The kingdom's borders have expanded greatly, contributing to both economic prosperity and military might. Military organization and success are at an all-time high. Monumental architectures are constructed every few years to outdo the beauty of the previous. The agricultural economy has reached its potential in Upper Burma. The clergy is enjoying one of its most wealthy periods, in fact so much so that land gifted tax-free to the clergy is exceeding land reclaimed for agriculture, which might lead to a severe problem in the future.

The army is organized into a small standing army of a few thousand to defend the capital and the palace, and a much-larger conscripted wartime army. The army also has in reserve a several hundred elephants, 4-5,000 horses and a sizable navy of 3,000 men. The people believe that the time is ripe for further conquests and that it time for Burma to become a major player in Southeast Asia.

CHOLA EMPIRE
Popeychops

Leader: Kulothunga Chola III
Current Army Strength: Maximum 70,000 with 30,000 in the navy
Religion: Mostly Hindu
Diplomacy: At war with Hoysalas in Kerala. Southern Kerala (representing Pandyas) a vassal. Strained relations with Sri Lanka, Karnataka (representing Chalukyas) and Srivijaya Empire.

The decline of the Chola Empire has been somewhat reduced by the efforts of three consecutive rulers, consolidating government revenues and strengthening organization. Successive campaign against the Hoysalas, defeat and subsequent vassalization of the Pandyas, and campaigns in the north eradicating the Eastern Chalukyas have contributed to the growth of the empire, and the King is well-loved by his people. Extensive construction of canals and check-dams have led to rapid agricultural expansion. The empire is also a major trade player, linking nations to the east and west of the Indian subcontinent, and the navy is one of the most powerful in the region, consisting of upto 600 ships. Important naval innovations like the mariner's compass, ship-designs employing independent water tight compartments in the hull of a ship and continuously shooting flamethrowers have strengthened the navy.

Relations with all neighboring nations are strained. The Srivijaya Empire see the Cholas as a potential threat and have begun expanding their own navy. The Sinhalas of Sri Lanka are jealous of the might of the Cholas and discreetly support rebellions against them. The Pandyas although defeated and spared, still bear resentment against the Cholas, and are only biding their time. The Pandyan army besieges cities of the Hoysalas on the directions of the Cholas. The Western Chalukyans are upset about the decimation of their Eastern cousins and are wary of the Cholas. If by any chance these powers combine, the Chola Empire might not be able to survive.

[This message has been edited by Jetkill Fastmurder (edited 01-20-2014 @ 03:30 AM).]

posted 01-19-14 07:36 AM CT (US)     7 / 275  
Popey was a lousy mod
Right, put me in as the crusader states, I'll act in your game the way you acted in mine.

My first action will be to declare freedom of religion, invent flintlock rifles, and arm every Muslim citizen in a struggle for Arabic unity.

Edit: Yes, I'm being facetious. But you need to realise that making these games work is incredibly hard, especially when your players (you in particular for that European game, that's just how it was) understand precious little about the time-period. When those ignorant players are actively pressing to do things centuries ahead of what is realistically achievable, you'll realise that caving in to their every whim would ruin the game in the way that my above absurdity does.

In all seriousness, I'd like to play as the Ayyubids. Since their primary goal is to maintain stability of their already large empire, I don't think it matters that I don't have tons of time.

Yeah thanks for updating the player list :P

If you have a suggestion for a nation that needs a player, let me know.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 01-19-2014 @ 08:46 AM).]

posted 01-19-14 07:40 AM CT (US)     8 / 275  
Hey, I was just teasing with that! In retrospect you were an excellent mod, and I was a lousy player.

Sorry, but a player called Knaber already picked that.

[This message has been edited by Jetkill Fastmurder (edited 01-19-2014 @ 07:57 AM).]

posted 01-19-14 07:57 AM CT (US)     9 / 275  
In all seriousness, I hope you've been watching Crash course World History...

I'll go as the Chola so there's someone on the Indian Subcontinent. I expect the Mongols to press further south into India with a human player, so I'll be ready and waiting in my banana spice republic empire!

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 01-19-2014 @ 08:48 AM).]

posted 01-19-14 09:03 AM CT (US)     10 / 275  
Alright, special restriction for popey, his warriors can now only wield mangoes, since he that much into 'mango people in a banana republic'.

And people, no actions, until I say so, which will be in a couple of hours.

[This message has been edited by Jetkill Fastmurder (edited 01-19-2014 @ 09:04 AM).]

posted 01-19-14 09:09 AM CT (US)     11 / 275  
"மி" has become a Tamil word for "weapon".

posted 01-19-14 09:16 AM CT (US)     12 / 275  
How can Novgorod be hostile to sweden while sweden is not even at the map!?
Just wondering...
posted 01-19-14 09:27 AM CT (US)     13 / 275  
I did say events outside the map will have consequences on the map. It's because of your unique position. Otherwise it would be too easy for you up north.
posted 01-19-14 10:03 AM CT (US)     14 / 275  
posted 01-19-14 10:16 AM CT (US)     15 / 275  
Ghurid Sultanate, Khwarezmian Shahdom and Srivijaya are still viable untouched kingdoms.
posted 01-19-14 11:33 AM CT (US)     16 / 275  
In all seriousness, I hope you've been watching Crash course World History...
The "Wait For It... The Mongols!" episode is actually very misleading. At the time of his death, Genghis Khan had only conquered the majority of northern China, not the entire country. Also, while he did invade Iran, he withdrew his troops afterwards, incorporating only the Central Asian territories of the Khwarezmids. And I don't even know how they managed to fit Mesopotamia and Anatolia into the map. Yet the presenter says Genghis Khan only expanded to the Caspian! WTF.

posted 01-19-14 11:54 AM CT (US)     17 / 275  
Ghurid Sultanate, Khwarezmian Shahdom and Srivijaya are still viable untouched kingdoms.
Don't forget Jin, Kara Khitai and the Khmer Empire.

posted 01-19-14 12:04 PM CT (US)     18 / 275  
Toghrul, Temujin's father's blood brother, who had earlier refused to give his daughter in marriage to Jochi, the eldest son of Temüjin, a sign of grave disrespect in the Mongolian culture, removes his tribe from the Mongols. With him are 20,000 riders of the Kerait people. Temujin's blood brother Jamukha, Khan of the Jadaran, allies with Toghrul along with 7,000 men from his tribe. Together they begin harassing mongol camps from the north.

The Jin dynasty mount a small incursion into north-west Song China with 5,000 troops.

Jatavarman Kulasekaran of the Pandyas lays siege to the Hoysala sity of Kochi with 10,000 men.

Al-Afdal and Az-Zahir amass of force of 25,000 men in Damascus against Al-Adil.

You may begin now. Read the rules once again carefully.
posted 01-19-14 12:25 PM CT (US)     19 / 275  
Kulothunga III sends a detachment of loyal nobles, commanding 5000 men, to shadow the Pandayan armies in the Keralan campaign. They are authorised to levy addition troops if necessary.

The bulk of the naval forces are dispatched to blockade the trading routes of the Laccadive sea, plundering ships which leave Hoysalan ports.

Dignitaries are dispatched to nearby Tamil-speaking Hindu states. They are offered the protection of the Chola Empire in exchange for tribute and suzerainty. Further emissaries are dispatched to Bengal, Assam, Khmer, and other Indian Ocean states, suggesting an arrangement of royal marriages, and a full opening of ports with an agreement of a 30% tariff on imported goods, to foster strong trade between all the powers. For a signatory nation to close its ports would be considered a declaration of war.

Please give me a map of the small Hindu states, so I can have a good idea about what's going on in the subcontinent.

posted 01-19-14 12:35 PM CT (US)     20 / 275  
Emperor Ningzong of Song dispatches a force of 8,000 marines to deal with the Jin incursion in the northwest. By the time the defending army meets the raiders from the other side of the Fu River, the enemy has pushed into the hills of Sichuan and is worryingly close to the great city of Chengdu. The incident is a wake up call to the dynasty, and, upon analysis of the incident, Ningzong's advisors blame the problem on the decentralization of the military. Although Ningzong has misgivings about empowering the military, he agrees to appoint a "Protector of the Northwest" and "Protector of the Northeast" in order to accommodate a better organized challenge to any future threats.

The Emperor also hears about the presence of a new power in the northern steppes. In light of the Jin's reckless aggression, he decides an alliance with the Mongols would be useful and immediately sends a messenger through Tibet in order to avoid the Jin. The letter offers weaponry in return for exerting pressure to the Jin, hopefully diverting them from southern affairs.

[This message has been edited by CHUD (edited 01-19-2014 @ 04:17 PM).]

posted 01-19-14 12:35 PM CT (US)     21 / 275  
In which month or season does the game begin?

-Genghis Khan Temujin institutes organizational reform to his army. Using a base 10 system, soldiers are divided into Tumens (gropus of 10000) which are further divided into Mingghans (1000), then Zuuts (100) and Aravts (10). Each of these units has a leader who reports to the leader of the greater unit, all the way up to the Khan's most trusted aides and generals (Jebe, Jochi, and Subotai Ba'atur among them) and the Khan himself.

-All soldiers are required to keep and care for 4 horses for means of fighting and swift travel.

-A crude but practical and utilitarian post system is created to relay messages from one end of the Empire to the other (and to all other major areas). Posts are run by 2-4 postmasters whose families are given the land surrounding the posts as a reward for this service to the Khan. Several horses are kept at each post so as to keep these swift steeds healthy and well-rested.

-Members of the constituent tribes of the Empire (Mongols, Kereits, Ungirrads, Taichuds, Jalayir) are encouraged but not obligated to marry with members of different tribes to increase unity. "We are one in law, but even better if we are one in blood." he says. "Even your great Khan has done this." (Temujin's wife Borte was originally a member of the Ungirrad tribe).

(All of the above actions occurred in real history at around this time, though not necessarily exactly in the year 1200 of course. None are anachronistic by any means, though.)

-Genghis Khan Temujin issues an ultimatum to the neighboring nomadic tribes: The Merkits, Tatars, Tuvans, Kirghiz, Uyghurs, and Naiman. They are to join him or be conquered. The Great Khan wishes not to fight his brothers of the steppe if at all possible, as there will be plenty of fighting to be done when the "civilized" empires are invaded. He offers the tribal chiefs (especially his blood-brother Jamukha of the Naiman) of each denomination the opportunity to retain their position in service to him, but if they choose to fight, they will be exiled or honorably slain. The messengers additionally carry tales of the riches of the kingdoms the Khan means to conquer and promises of shares in the loot for all soldiers involved (as has been the Khan's custom from the start).

-The Great Khan orders his vast armies to prepare themselves for war. Patrols of neighboring tribes are not to be attacked unless by order of the Khan pending tribal negotiations. However, if the Great Khan's forces are attacked, then defense and retaliation is warranted by all means. Supplies and provisions are to be gathered for mobile overland travel.

[secret]The Great Khan orders envoys to travel south to the lands of the "Southern Song" to establish contact and friendship. Emissaries are also sent to the Tungusic tribes and Khazaks to likewise make contact and establish friendly relations with their distant relatives.

-Genghis Khan receives the Song messengers kindly and offers them all available accomodations. He is tempted by their offer, but prudently decides to put his intervention on hold until the current tribal issues in his lands are dealt with.[secret]

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.

[This message has been edited by HockeySam18 (edited 01-19-2014 @ 08:51 PM).]

posted 01-19-14 12:38 PM CT (US)     22 / 275  
The "Wait For It... The Mongols!" episode is actually very misleading. At the time of his death, Genghis Khan had only conquered the majority of northern China, not the entire country. Also, while he did invade Iran, he withdrew his troops afterwards, incorporating only the Central Asian territories of the Khwarezmids. And I don't even know how they managed to fit Mesopotamia and Anatolia into the map. Yet the presenter says Genghis Khan only expanded to the Caspian! WTF.
I agree, you have a point about the infographs being shoddy. However, I suggest you go on what was said by the presenter, rather than the cartoonish and simplistic background.

I understand why they suggested all of China was subject to Mongol rule: Genghis Khan collected a tribute from the Western Xia and before his death had conquered much of the Jin territory.

posted 01-19-14 12:42 PM CT (US)     23 / 275  
Sviatoslav III of Vladimir decreases taxes on the people by 1% annually for 3 years, and increases the salaries all military personnel by 1%, and begins the process of funding and building a good navy. Vladimir also proposes alliance to the Volga Bulgars.

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ )¬,|¯ (¬ /-\ |\| |/¬ |\| | (¬ |-| --|--
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀ You're gonna eat lightnin'and you're gonna crap thunder. - Mickey Goldmill from Rockey II
posted 01-19-14 12:54 PM CT (US)     24 / 275  
The Great King sends a delegation to the Mon king of Pegu in order to ask him to accept the Burmese suzerainty, in exchange for protection. In the meantime, troops are being gathered in the Southern frontier of the kingdom of Pagan.

The Great King sends a delegation to the Emperor Ningzong to sign a non-aggression treaty.

The Great King sends a delegation to the Khmer emperor to sign a non-aggression treaty.

Laws are enacted to organize training of the Burmese soldiers : martial arts will be deeply performed every day, both with and without weapons. Bando (self-defense) and Banshay (weapon training) must be performed above all.

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
Still looking for DANISH, UKRAINIAN, LITHUANIAN and HUNGARIAN voices.

[This message has been edited by fr steve (edited 01-19-2014 @ 12:54 PM).]

posted 01-19-14 01:05 PM CT (US)     25 / 275  
Emperor Ningzong graciously accepts the non-aggression pact with the Pagan kingdom on the basis that Song is already heavily involved in Southeast Asia economically. The lucrative trade agreements have already established a "natural friendship", reducing this treaty to merely a formality. The Emperor politely expresses his wishes that the Pagan may one day join the prosperous Chinese world as an honourable tributary of the Great Song. He does not consider the cultural conversion of southern barbarians unnatural, in comparison with many of his subjects.

[This message has been edited by CHUD (edited 01-19-2014 @ 01:06 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Map Game - 13th Century Asia
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames