Moderated by Sebastien, Leif Ericson

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The AoKH AI Scripting Ladder
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 49  Next Page »
posted 01-21-10 03:52 AM CT (US)   

The AOKH AI Scripting Ladder

Welcome to the continuous AOKH AI Scripting Ladder. If you want to join, simply post a link to your AI and the civilization you wish your AI to play as. If you submit an AI, please download and copy this resign file to your AI folder and add this line to the top of your main AI file:

(load "resign - AI Ladder")

The scoring system is simple. For every win, an AI will receive 1 point, and every loss will receive -1 points. Draws are worth 0 points. All new AIs will start with 0 points.Each AI is assigned to a certain league, but may move from one league to the other. The leagues have a maximum of eight AIs and are organized by playing ability:

Paladins League - Expert AIs
Cavaliers League - Advanced AIs
Knights League - Intermediate AIs
Vassals League - Promising AIs
Squires League - Beginner AIs

New AIs will be placed in the Squires League. An Interleague Round will be played at the end of each season (7 rounds). During this, the top AI of a league will play a game against the bottom AI of the league above it. The winner is promoted to the upper of the two leagues, and the loser is demoted likewise. If there are AIs tied for these positions, then a game (or games) will be played to decide which AI will be promoted or demoted. These extra games will not count as points. However, if an AI is three points above or below all other scripts in its league at the end of a round, that AI will play an additional Interleague game after that round ends.

If you are joining the ladder for the first time, we have listed some scripts that you can test your AI against in addition to the standard computer AI. You can find this list in the standings for the Squires League.

Game Requests: Also, if you would like your AI to play against a specific AI in addition to the normal cycle games, just post a request and the game will be played. The game will count for points unless requested otherwise. Requested games are limited to one game against each AI per cycle. Also, you may not request a game against an AI that has fewer points than your AI, unless that AI is in a higher league than your AI.

AI Scripters League Websites

Two of our fellow AI Ladder scripters have designed websites specifically for the AI Ladder:

AI Ladder Website

AI Ladder Forum - not active

AI Ladder Champion

AI Ladder Champion:

The Horde - by zergs

AI Ladder Champion Hall of Fame:

The Horde: 9 Sep, 2010 - present

Standings:

Paladins League:

AI Name:
ARFFI_De'gel 1.65_2
Eagles Revenge 7
The Horde 2.17
VNS_Halen
ARFFI_Eyries 1.09
Vaisravana
No Limits
John_Mendl vY
Win %

Cavaliers League:

AI Name:
Willd-HunRM
CPS Alexander v4.9.0
Solidus 1.1
Kosmos 2.42
Lade 1.2
Kamikaze V2.23
Chameleon
F1@$h Myn1.1
Win %

Knights League:

AI Name:
Random-Task V2.05a
Leif Ericson 1.31
Phyrexx
Crusade 3.41
IS_Machine 6.3
ChiefofDs
AllianceThundaEmpire
CarlosFerdinand3
Win %

Vassals League:

AI Name:
Eclipse 4
AgeofStoneWalls 2
Brititron 1.71
Integrity 2.1.8
Byz Nightmare V2.2
Novelty 1.4
IMP_CAES_MIRO_II_1.0c
Flixt 1.11
Win %

Squires League:

Testing Scripts: Hispain Special V1.13, Chong Hong Wei

AI Name:
Tlamacazqui
Wartron v0.92
Rampage 0.7
Storm! 1.01
WW-Teutons V3.1
Mire v1.6
Barbarian 1.4
Ranger 2.9
James I v2.5
Win %
-
-
-
-

AI Updates:
Mire v1.6 - 28 Nov
Ranger 2.9 - 26 Nov
CPS_Alexander v4.9.0 - 26 Nov
Chameleon - 25 Nov
Barbarian 1.4 - 23 Nov
ARFFI De'gel 1.65_2 - 19 Nov
Crusade 3.41 - 14 Nov
Tlamacazqui - 9 Nov
IS_Machine 6.3 - 7 Nov
Wartron v0.92 - 19 Sep
Brititron 1.71 - 19 Sep
Kamikaze V2.23 - 10 Sep
Storm! v1.01 - 27 Aug
The Horde 2.17 - 12 Aug
Rampage 0.7 - 5 Aug
James I v2.5 - 16 Jul
AgeofStoneWalls 2 - 16 Jul
Lade 1.2 - 15 July
Eclipse 4.0 - 11 Jul
Novelty 1.4 - 11 Jul
John_Mendl vY - 8 July
Byzantine Nightmare V2.2 - 20 Jun
(Kamikaze Base Files)
Hispain Special V1.13 - 1 Jun
WW-Teutons V3.1 - 7 May
ChiefofDs - 29 Apr
CarlosFerdinand3 - 7 Mar
Vaisravana 1.5 9 Feb
Phyrexx - 31 Dec
Solidus 1.1 - 21 Dec
AI Ladder Resign File - 6 Nov
Imp_Caes_Miro_II_1.0c - 4 Nov
Chong Hong Wei - 19 Oct
CPS_Leonidas - 19 Oct
Eagles Revenge 7 - 11 Oct
Integrity 2.1.8 - 8 Oct
Ruler Scripts 3.0 - 30 Sep
ARFFI Eyries 1.09 - 19 Sep

AI Links:
AllianceThundaEmpire
f1@$h Brt1.4
f1@$h Myn1.1
Flixt 1.11
Kosmos2.42
Leif Ericson 1.31
No Limits
Random Task V2.05a
Sassanid Empire
VNS_Halen
Willd-HunRM
Xotyl Clan

AI Civilizations:

AI Name:
AgeofStoneWalls
AllianceThundaEmpire
ARFFI_De'gel
ARFFI_Eyries
Barbarian
Brititron
Byzantine Nightmare
Carlos Ferdinand
Chameleon
ChiefofDs
Chong Hong Wei
CPS_Alexander
Crusade
Eagles Revenge
Eclipse
F1@$h Brt
F1@$h Myn
Flixt
Hispain Special
Imp_Caes_Miro_II
Integrity
IS_Machine
James I
John Mendl
Author
TOAO_DaVe
Mabuse
ARFFI
ARFFI
II2N
cakemaphoneige
The Ruler
Carlos Ferdinand
scripter64
TOAO_DaVe
Leif Ericson
Suriel
Campidoctoris
Elite Raider
offwo200
rob77dpAOE
rob77dpAOE
Pepperonio
The Ruler
Imp_Caes_Miro
MuRRay Jnr
DuckOfNormandy
St. Aquinas
John Mendl
Civilization
Aztecs
Random
Aztecs
Aztecs
Random
Britons
Byzantines
Chinese
Random
Random
Chinese
Random
Random
Aztecs
Mayans
Britons
Mayans
Saracens
Spanish
Byzantines
Random
Goths
Britons
Teutons
AI Name:
Kamikaze
Kosmos
Lade
Leif Ericson
Mire
No Limits
Novelty
Phyrexx
Rampage
Random-Task
Ranger
Sassanid Empire
Solidus
Storm!
The Horde
Tlamacazqui
UnfairestEel
Vaisravana
VNS_Halen
Wartron
Willd-HunRM
WW-Teutons
Xotyl Clan
Author
The Ruler
Bari
marathon
Leif Ericson
kram1138
TOAO_DaVe
Offwo200
robink
Alevo
RubberMan
UnfairestEel
Pasadema
java sparrow
Alevo
zergs
jdstankosky
UnfairestEel
java sparrow
VNS_None
cakemaphoneige
WilldThing
WigWam
Pasadema
Civilization
Viks/Japs/Teutons/Goths
Random
Mayans
Vikings
Mayans
Huns
Aztecs
Huns
Teutons
Aztecs
Mayans
Persians
Byzantines
Random
Random
Aztecs
Random
Chinese
Vikings
Goths
Huns
Teutons
Aztecs

Archived AIs:

AI Name:
Adder
Bothorth
Caes Miro Parthius
Fire Dragon
Hun Special
AI Name:
Island AI
NightMare-Beta
Noob AI
Red Star/Blue Star
PK_Goths
AI Name:
RERE
Schottenclan
SRN
UnfairestEel
Viking Special

Schedule:

Those who are willing to judge and record these games (anyone can judge a game), please post for which games you would like to play. Authors should not judge games that contain their own AI. All games should be played on Hard difficulty, Arabia, 200 pop, low resources. Games will be considered a draw if they last more than two hours, thus you can end the game after two hours if you wish.

If you review a game, please make sure that your AI folder contains this resign file, and please make sure that at least one AI loads the resign file.
The old AIScripters tournament resign file (the one that forces AIs to resign after three hours) can also be used if an AI loads it instead.

It is recommended that the judges cheat "natural wonders" so that there is no possibility of interference from the judge. However, if you feel that this would hamper your ability to review the game you may opt not to do this, as long as you provide the recorded game.Once the game is finished, please write a short review of the game. Provide helpful comments on what were each AI's weak points so that the authors of the scripts can know how to update them. Also post the recorded game link along with the review.To make it easier for us to gather information from the reviews, please post the reviews of the games in this format (just copy it into your post and edit it):

AI #1 (Civilization) vs. AI #2 (Civilization)

1 Jan, 2010 (this date is just an example of the format)

Review:

Winner: (AI Name)
Game Time: X:XX:XX (hours:minutes:seconds)
Recorded Game link

Thanks for judging and reviewing!Here is the current schedule. Sign up for the games you would like to play.

Season 4

Requested Games:

Challenging AI:
Brititron 1.66
Island AI 1.2

vs.
vs.
Defending AI:
Leif Ericson 1.31
Eclipse 4
Judge:
Alevo
The Ruler
Played
Played

Paladins League Round 1:
Game
AI #1:
John Mendl vY
VNS_Halen
Eagles Revenge 7
ARFFI De'gel 1.64_7

vs.
vs.
vs.
vs.
AI #2:
No Limits
The Horde 2.17
Vaisravana 1.5
ARFFI Eyries 1.9
Judge:
zergs
cakemaphoneige
kram1138
kram1138
Played
Played
Played
Played

Cavaliers League - Round 1:

AI #1:
Chameleon
Solidus 1.1
CPS Alexander v4.8.9
Willd-Hun

vs.
vs.
vs.
vs.
AI #2:
F1@$h Myn1.1
Kamikaze V2.23 - Civ: Goths
Lade 1.2
Kosmos 2.42
Judge:
kram1138
-
cakemaphoneige
offwo200
Unplayed
Unplayed
Played
Unplayed

Knights League - Round 1:

AI #1:
IS_Machine 6.3
AllianceThundaEmpire
Leif Ericson 1.31
Random-Task V2.05a

vs.
vs.
vs.
vs.
AI #2:
ChiefofDs
Phyrexx
Crusade 3.41
CarlosFerdinand3
Judge:
-
kram1138
The Ruler
cakemaphoneige
Unplayed
Played
Played
Played

Vassals League - Round 1:

AI #1:
Brititron 1.66
Byzantine Nightmare V2.2
Integrity 2.1.8
IMP_CAES_MIRO_II_1.0c

vs.
vs.
vs.
vs.
AI #2:
Flixt 1.11
Novelty 1.4
Eclipse 4
AgeofStoneWalls
Judge:
Alevo
-
-
cakemaphoneige
Played
Unplayed
Unplayed
Played

Squires League - Round 1:

AI #1:
WW-Teutons V3.1
UnfairestEel v2.1
Storm! 1.01
Rampage 0.7

vs.
vs.
vs.
vs.
AI #2:
James v2.1
Wartron
Mire v1.6
Tlamacazqui
Judge:
The Ruler
offwo200
-
kram1138
Played
Played
Unplayed
Played

Season 4 Interleague Games:
Game
AI #1:
-

vs.
AI #2:
-
Judge:
-
Unplayed
Post-Game Result:
-

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 12-03-2011 @ 03:21 AM).]

Replies:
posted 03-18-10 12:30 PM CT (US)     551 / 2425  
Eh , don't worry about winning vs Hun or Hispain special !
They are not written for The League and Arabia tiny map at all, so any feudal attacker takes them under with easiness.
(if your scout is not drunken)
I'll replace them as soon as I get those Japs keep on attacking.
Both of them are designed for Capricious map and work best on Small map (150pop fav) and > med res start- here they very seldom lose.*g*
posted 03-18-10 05:05 PM CT (US)     552 / 2425  
@The Ruler: Actually this is no suprise for me. Tested my pack2 versus The Horde for the halfling tourney which was held at high res start and surprisingly the Horde did some quite odd things like archer flush, (no idea why as it should flush with scouts if at all instead) and played pretty poor in general.
For example, if your AI is in the lower division and you made some rules so that it can beat The Horde, you would definitely want to request a game against it, instead of waiting until your AI rises to the upper division.
Hey!

[This message has been edited by zergs (edited 03-18-2010 @ 08:52 PM).]

posted 03-18-10 05:15 PM CT (US)     553 / 2425  
Don't feel discouraged about requesting for games. I'm in a hard position, because I want people to request games whenever they want, but at the same time there has to be some limits to them. I think I might limit them to two per cycle, if that's okay with everyone.

Rob, I'll put your game in the requested games list. And Ruler, I look forward to your AI.

zergs, I'm really sorry to use your AI as a target, but I think it is the AI scripters will try to beat the most. It was the best example available. It's really hard to do though. I tested Leif Ericson against it and Leif lost badly (too many conditions on his military training).

Fire Dragon vs. Adder will be played this afternoon.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 03-18-2010 @ 05:17 PM).]

posted 03-19-10 09:46 AM CT (US)     554 / 2425  
One shouldnt be let to "request" games vs lower rated AIs as that could be a quest for points.
posted 03-19-10 10:37 AM CT (US)     555 / 2425  
Ok I gave it up for the Japanese Civ !
Tried out all variations to hold speed to the aztecs, but there's no chance to do so. I played it (the script) up to castle selecting the aztecs as same - it's more 2 minutes faster than the Japs there (not even optimated to them) !
So I'll submit it for the lower league as it has no problems there and even can beat the vikings.
Now I'm trying it with teutons ot aztec as there's no better civ to choose for that map.
posted 03-19-10 05:13 PM CT (US)     556 / 2425  
That's actually a good idea, John_Mendl. I think that's better than having a limit of requested games per cycle.

Fire Dragon vs. Adder will be uploaded shortly. I'll play Random-Task vs. Hispain today.

Where went the days where we'd have a cycle done in a week?

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-20-10 04:38 PM CT (US)     557 / 2425  
The ladder has been updated. The only games that remain are Schottenclan vs. Leif Ericson (which I cannot play) and the Interleague game (which will only take place after the cycle is over).

By the way, if you want to know the full stats for the standings, you can check out this page on the AI Ladder Website:

http://www.im247.co.uk/AOK/leagea.php

Now for a huge amount of reviews:

AI Opponents: Fire Dragon (Huns) vs. Adder_Build8 (Huns)

Date: 18 March, 2010

Review:

Adder is well known for his one-soldier-at-a-time man-at-arms rush. Fire Dragon should be able to defend against it, but we'll see.

Adder neglects building a mill until after he builds a lumber camp and mining camp. Adder advances to the Feudal Age, but only because he trains few villagers.

Adder attacks with his man-at-arms as Fire Dragon advances to the Castle Age, and Fire Dragon's knights fend them off. Fire Dragon patiently builds up his army of knights while he picks off Adder's man-at-arms one by one. Soon, Fire Dragon attacks with a force of 30 knights and Adder is completely powerless to defend against it.

Winner: Fire Dragon

Game Time: 00:42:36

Recorded Game

Judge: Leif Ericson

AI Opponents: RERE (Goths) vs. Flash Brt 1.2 (Britons)

Date: 20 March, 2010

Flash advanced first to the Feudal Age, while RERE lagged behind. Flash started training spearmen and archers while RERE trained a few scattered infantry. Then, Flash advanced to the Castle Age, upgrades his archers to crossbowmen and attacked. RERE's infantry didn't make much of a resistance, but his town center did, defeating many of Flash's archers. However, Flash kept on attacking constantly and RERE couldn't stand against the constant waves of crossbowmen, pikemen, and skirmishers and surrendered.

Winner: Flash Brt

Game Time: 00:46:29

Recorded Game

Requested Game

AI Opponents: Flash Brt 1.2 (Britons) vs. Hun_Special (Huns)

Date: 20 March, 2010

Review:

Hun_Special has been gaining a lot of wins recently. However, Rob's been testing Flash Brt against Hun_Special for a while now. Will Hun_Special be defeated?

Hun_Special advanced faster than Flash, but Flash advanced to the Castle Age first and attacked Hun_Special with many archers and spearmen. Hun_Special only had about 8 spearmen in a far off barracks. Hun_Special soon advanced to the Castle Age and started training more soldiers for defense.

The attack lasted for many minutes with constant reinforcements from Flash. Many of Flash's soldiers died, but Hun_Special didn't seem to be able to quite hold them off. However, Hun_Special seemed to get the upper hand and Flash's attack melted away.

Both AIs rested to increase their armies. Flash advanced to the Imperial Age and attacked once again. By now, both AIs had almost 100 soldiers each. Flash had many archers, skirmishers, and spearmen, while Hun_Special had many skirmishers and man-at-arms. A battle of epic proportions began. Flash's attack seemed to go well, as his capped rams took down a town center and a watch tower and killed many villagers. But Hun_Special's elite skirmishers proved to be Flash's nemesis and Hun_Special won the battle.

Hun_Special attacked immediately afterward. Flash tried to defend, but Hun_Special's skirmishers killed all new reinforcements, and his two-handers and rams destroyed one building after another. All this overwhelmed Flash and he resigned.

Winner: Hun_Special

Game Time: 01:11:23

Recorded Game

To Rob: Your AI lost this game because of Hun_Special's skirmishers. You should make some rules in your AI to detect the soldiers an enemy uses and counter them. For example, in this game your AI should have switched to cavalry and skirmishers, along with a few archers because you're the Britons.

Now, we need someone to play Schottenclan vs. Leif Ericson, then we can play the Interleague Game!

By the way, I'm going to add some more rules for Interleague Games. Interleague Games will not count for points. Also, if AIs are tied for points at the end of a cycle and are contending for who will play in the game, games will be played to determine who will play in the Interleage Game. These games also will not count for points.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-20-10 10:01 PM CT (US)     558 / 2425  
Date: 21.03.2010
AIs: Schottenclan 3.4 vs. Leif Ericson 1.21
Review: The celtic went for fast castle age while the viking stayed in feudal to get some spearman and skirmishers. Both AIs trained a mix of knights, pikes and archers in castle age.

At around 28min the vikings attacked, with the better upgraded and higher quantities. Schottenclan managed eventually to see the first attack off, however vikings had a comfartable lead on the scoreboard. Soon attacked again and the celtics were overwhelmed quickly.

Result: Victory for Leif Ericson
Time: 53:09
Download: Link
zergs

Additional comment to Blauer Hund: I think advancing to feudal slower can improve your fast castle age time and economy. By watching the game from gaia it looks like its lacking wood while in transition to feudal age.
posted 03-21-10 00:07 AM CT (US)     559 / 2425  
Thanks for playing that game, zergs. I'll play the Interleague game tomorrow.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-21-10 04:58 AM CT (US)     560 / 2425  
John_Mendl v8

Significantly better economy and military now, hence much better than before.

[This message has been edited by John Mendl (edited 03-21-2010 @ 04:59 AM).]

posted 03-21-10 05:05 AM CT (US)     561 / 2425  
Hihi, TSA and a wolf helped me to get the upper hand ( just luck).
the Huns need only about 5 peaceful minutes in castle, you shouldn't have given them (I told you before). Your units missing any upgrades, so no wonder for 600 killed to only 200 lost !
Well scripted Huns can' t loose here (The Horde); they have a resource plus of about 1400 at 200 pop !
I'm mulling over, if I go on writing a scipt for the upper league at all, as I have to use Huns and cut it for "The Horde" and maybe get a 50% chance to win, because this script is really excellent, so at least it will be a 'copy' of it anyway.
posted 03-21-10 04:33 PM CT (US)     562 / 2425  
I updated your AI, John Mendl. I'd like to see how it has improved.

The Ruler, all new AIs start out in the Empires II league and have to make their way into the Empires I league. I'd say that if your AI can play as well as the top AIs in the Empires II league, then you could release that version of your AI and know how to improve your AI from there. It's fun to watch your AI improve over time.

I'm going to start the interleague game in a few minutes. The results will likely be uploaded tonight and the new cycle games will be posted.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-21-10 06:25 PM CT (US)     563 / 2425  
STUPID TIMEZONE!

I BLAME YOU

integrity version 2.0.0

it plays mongols now

im sorry lief
if uve already played the interleague game then the result of that game can stand

This post has been approved by IDA
(International Display of Awesomeness Est: 1992)

All rights reserved. All components including (but not limited to) text, images, opinions and ideas remain the property of murray jnr. Deal with it.

[This message has been edited by MuRRay Jnr (edited 03-21-2010 @ 06:28 PM).]

posted 03-21-10 10:06 PM CT (US)     564 / 2425  
[q="the league tables"]5 Integrity Mongols 4 1 0 3 -2 The Ruler have another go

All rights reserved. All components including (but not limited to) text, images, opinions and ideas remain the property of murray jnr. Deal with it.

[This message has been edited by MuRRay Jnr (edited 03-21-2010 @ 10:07 PM).]

posted 03-21-10 11:17 PM CT (US)     565 / 2425  
I already played the game. So, I'll post it. Of course, you can always request a game against Hun_Special whenever you want. The new games for the next round are posted.

EDIT: MuRRay, are you requesting a game against Hun_Special?

Interleague Game!

AI Opponents: Integrity 1.2.0 (Japanese) vs. Hun_Special (Huns)

Date: 21 March, 2010

Review:

Here is the grand finale of the first round of our first season. Integrity, scripted by MuRRay Jnr, at this point was our only AI that plays Japanese, and there have been numerous updates to get it to this point. Hun_Special, though originally scripted for Medium Resources, has been on a long winning streak to place himself uncontested at the top of the Empires II league. These two AIs are about equal in strength and it will be fun to watch who the winner be.

Enough preliminaries, let's get ready to start! Hun_Special advanced to the Feudal Age first and started constructing military buildings. Integrity soon followed and started training men-at-arms. Hun_Special starts training spearmen and a few skirmishers and quickly advances to the Castle Age. Integrity notices this and quickly changes his strategy to advance to the Castle Age.

By the time Integrity advances to the Castle Age he has plenty of men-at-arms and archers. Hun_Special has trained various types of soldiers in the meantime, though his army is mainly of pikemen and cavalry archers. After a period of time, Integrity has managed to increase his army to double the size of Hun_Special's army and has switched to elite skirmishers, pikemen, and knights. However, Hun_Special still has an advantage in score.

Both AIs advance to the Imperial Age nearly simultaneously. As the 45-minute mark was reached Hun_Special has managed to surpass Integrity's army size. Integrity's situation is starting to look bad. The minutes passed and Integrity decided to attack. Integrity's rams cause a lot of damage, but Integrity's many elite skirmishers are defeated by Hun_Special's cavalry. Hun_Special's army slowly made its way to Integrity's town, and Integrity was soon forced to resign.

Game Time: 01:05:48

Recorded Game

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 03-21-2010 @ 11:20 PM).]

posted 03-22-10 00:00 AM CT (US)     566 / 2425  
yep i request against hun special

and in the league tables you have the ruler down as the author for integrity

[This message has been edited by MuRRay Jnr (edited 03-22-2010 @ 00:19 AM).]

posted 03-22-10 02:14 AM CT (US)     567 / 2425  
I have just submitted Flixt 1.08 in league forum. Slow update due to busy schedule lately.
posted 03-22-10 03:17 AM CT (US)     568 / 2425  
so hurry up if you want to challenge to contest Hun_Special as I'll replace it by the Japanese this week.
This Civ has not a bit a chance vs aztecs and Huns, but as there are already lots of them here (good ones indeed), I' ll submit it for more diversification.
I'll try it with the Byzantines next *g*
posted 03-22-10 05:11 PM CT (US)     569 / 2425  
I'd say you should keep Hun_Special in the Ladder, The Ruler, unless you really want it off of there. Or, is this basically an update that plays Japanese?

Anyway, I'll play the requested game today, but I don't know if I'll have time to post the results today.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-22-10 06:07 PM CT (US)     570 / 2425  
Murray, do you test your AIs before you submit them?

There's an error in your code:

(defrule
(or(current-age <= feudal-age)
(goal status sv_hp_tech))
(goal is-town-under-attack yes)
(players-unit-type-count skirmisher-line > 2)
(unit-type-count spearman-line < 2)
(can-train spearman-line)
=>
(train spearman-line)
(chat-local-to-self "emergency train spearman")
)

In the line (players-unit-type-count skirmisher-line > 2), which player should be specified?

I'll suspend the game until you let me know. I don't want to take a guess on my own. It might mess up the AI.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-22-10 07:28 PM CT (US)     571 / 2425  
no i dont have time to test them
i just script and hope for the best

nah jk i put the horde on franks for a lol and it ended up bein a stalemate at 2hours
so i added in like 4 rules after that and just uploaded it

sorry lief

version 2.0.1

posted 03-23-10 01:46 AM CT (US)     572 / 2425  
No worries. All that matters is that it works, which it now does. As it is nearly midnight here, I'm going to play the game tomorrow. Need to get some sleep for school!

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-23-10 01:59 AM CT (US)     573 / 2425  
ahhhhh....i remember school back in the day
i champion at aoktc and one of the best cs1.6 players
that is all i did whilest in school
*hint*
do all the easy subjects
passing hard subjects will give u the same results as nailing an easy subject . . . like a study spare

posted 03-23-10 07:03 AM CT (US)     574 / 2425  
Flixt updated in ladder forum. Fixed a major bug in Imperial age (non-stop building barracks)
posted 03-23-10 07:01 PM CT (US)     575 / 2425  
Flixt has been updated in the topic post. I'm going to play Integrity vs. Hun_Special today.

EDIT:

Requested Game:

AI Opponents: Integrity 2.0.1 (Mongols) vs. Hun_Special (Huns)

Date: 23 March, 2010

Review:

These two AIs are at it again. Integrity has been updated numerous times and we'll see how well he does in this rematch. Hun_Special won the last game and we'll see if he can stand up to Integrity once more.

Hun_Special advanced to the Feudal Age first, and Integrity followed. However, Integrity advanced to the Castle Age first, and started training elite skirmishers, pikemen, camels, and mangudai. Hun_Special advanced soon afterward and started training pikemen, knights, and cavalry archers.

Integrity launched a raid of mostly skirmishers which died to Hun_Special's cavalry. Soon afterwards, Integrity started sending in small, almost simultaneous, raids, which failed because the attacks were small. However, these attacks diminished Integrity's army and one attack by Hun_Special was enough to overwhelm Integrity, though he put up a good defense.

Game Time: 00:51:39

Recorded Game

Murray, I'd suggest that your AI attacks with his entire army. If you are afraid that your AI will be doomed if the attack fails, then check to make sure that your AI has the advantage. My Leif Ericson AI checks to make sure he either has a huge army or he is higher in score before he attacks, so the enemy is less likely to be able to attack back with a large army.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 03-23-2010 @ 11:47 PM).]

posted 03-24-10 01:56 AM CT (US)     576 / 2425  
he shuldnt attack in castle age at all....
he probs wasnt attacking
it was most likely sn-enemy-sighted-response-distance

[This message has been edited by MuRRay Jnr (edited 03-24-2010 @ 02:03 AM).]

posted 03-24-10 02:03 AM CT (US)     577 / 2425  
Maybe some defensive rules that caused your AI to attack? Take a look at the recorded game and let me know if something went wrong. I wondered why Integrity didn't attack with all his soldiers.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-24-10 02:05 AM CT (US)     578 / 2425  
there shouldnt be
rams and/or trebs are a requirement
hmmm where can i find the latest copy of hun_special

posted 03-24-10 02:33 AM CT (US)     579 / 2425  
Above the standings list there is button by "AI Downloads" that will take you to an AI downloads page. RubberMan hasn't been around lately to keep this up to date, but Hun_Special has been around long enough that it should be there.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-24-10 03:31 AM CT (US)     580 / 2425  
Eh don't grieve over loosing to the HUN-Special !
This script has almost one year of developement and it a real cameleon. Playing on the added map and with it's favorate settings it ever only loses vs some Aliance thunder.
The script plays poor on the Leagues settings and I'll take it out next time (I' ll not update it- the code is too complicate and I've no place for more rules)
Hint: If you hesitate to attack in feudal or early castle you'll doing very hard to win !
@ Leif: the Japs now ready and I'll send it to Rubberman
posted 03-24-10 06:03 PM CT (US)     581 / 2425  
i dont like testing against scripts that are in a 'tournement' before the tournemnt starts

likewise here im not testing against the latest scripts here

but seeing as ur taking hun_special off the ladder i'll add it to my list of testing scripts

posted 03-25-10 06:13 AM CT (US)     582 / 2425  
Yesterday I thought about a replacement for The Huns as the Japans will replace the Spanish (I'm not happy with this script(japs) and the Japanese really not 'speedier' than normal Civs).
So I decided to do it for the HUNs again, because there is, except the Aztecs, no other Civ that can hold the speed !

For Integrity 2.0.1 (Mongols):
Too slow !! fast castle -> low economy
lots of stones for the early castle -> after 30 minutes lacking already about 1500 resources (for units) to the Huns
disbalanced resource pool - almost no food inside (market)
less military buildings (wood for castle-stones)- cannot follow with unit training even with full resource pool.
pulling out units from defense line - an impertinent bevavior by the Hun_special due to it's Cav archers *g*
(original by Alliance Thunda)

Keep on the ball and it's going to get better step by step !
posted 03-25-10 06:08 PM CT (US)     583 / 2425  
not bad for a 48hour job tho eh?

posted 03-25-10 09:56 PM CT (US)     584 / 2425  
Just to let you all know, I'm going to be going on a long vacation from Friday, March 26th through Friday, April 2nd. I may be able to check in once and a while and update things. Or, I may not. Either way, I'm going to depend on all of you to play the ladder games and keep track of things. If no one posts in this thread or play some games, then I think that this thread will most likely fail. So, keep the activity going!!! I certainly don't want to see this thread disappear! It has already started to since RubberMan's absence and I've been trying hard to keep it alive. I hope you all want to keep it alive too.

I played a game of Eyries vs. Alliance but the recorded game won't play back. I'll try running it again.

Anyway, if in case I am not able to post while I'm gone, I wish you all good times. Happy Scripting!

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-25-10 11:20 PM CT (US)     585 / 2425  
haha i was readin that post tryin to work out wat ur going on about...friday the 26th is more than half over LOL

i love bein in the future

posted 03-26-10 03:40 AM CT (US)     586 / 2425  
I don't have time to review Eyries and Alliance, but here's the recorded game:

Recorded Game

Alliance won after about 01:30:00 in a long battle.

I most likely won't have access to a computer while I'm gone (I don't have a laptop), so see you guys in about a week!

The Ladder is updated.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-27-10 05:50 AM CT (US)     587 / 2425  
posted 03-29-10 03:32 PM CT (US)     588 / 2425  
Date: 29.03.10
Opponents: NoLimits (huns) vs Kosmos 2.42 (random => japanese)

Review: Both AIs feudaled at 13minutes and decided to train an feudal army, with the japanese focusing on m@a while the huns opted for scouts and skirmisher that later were replaced by archers.
The huns attacked twice their first attack at around 20minute was defeated however their second attack at 27 minutes smashed the japanese defense. 10 minutes later Kosmos resigned after its TC was razed.

Game Time: 37:49
Replay: Link
zergs

[This message has been edited by zergs (edited 03-29-2010 @ 03:33 PM).]

posted 03-30-10 06:07 AM CT (US)     589 / 2425  
lol theres probably been enough games played by my untouched ai that you don't even need to provide commentary for them (or at least no limit's side).

Signed,
DaVe.
posted 04-01-10 02:42 PM CT (US)     590 / 2425  
I'm still on my vacation, but I managed to find some free time to update the table and update John Mendl's AI. Thanks for playing that game zergs. I hope you guys will have some free time to play some more games.

My next post will probably be sometime on Saturday. Keep the thread going until then!

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 04-02-10 04:52 AM CT (US)     591 / 2425  
IT seems that Ruberman will be absent for a longer time, so I'd like to ask MuRRay Jnr what he's going to do with the mongols ?
posted 04-02-10 05:41 AM CT (US)     592 / 2425  
Opponents: Hun Special (Huns) vs Vaisravana (Chinese)
Date:02.04.10

Review: Both Ais went fast castle age and developed in peace until both are in imperial age. Vasiravana had the edge on castle age and imperial age by advancing three minutes ahead. When the chinese attacked at around 45 minutes they had the far better upgrades and the hun army was overwhelmed in no time.

Winner: Vaisravana
Recorded Game: here
GameTime: 56:15

Edit: Another result
Opponents: VNS_Halen (Viking) vs Flixt (Saracen)
Review: Both Ais decided to train an army in feudal age. VNS Halen launched an attack after he started the castle age upgrade, however the saracens managed to defeat the attack. Still in feudal age the saracens counter attacked with superior numbers however Halen was training many knights who seemed to be invincible. The saracen could not make up for the losses in that battle as Halen then was very agressive with knights and full upgraded eskirmishers.

Winner: VNS_Halen
GameTime: 51:07

Opponents: WilldHunRM (Hun) vs Degel (Aztec)
Review: The huns decided to train an army in feudal age while the aztec opted for 4rax ew rush. As the huns did not had the guts to attack the aztec could mass their EWs without problems. At 23 minutes the aztec attacked and with the chain mail upgrade they took almost no damage from Willdhuns feudal army.

Winner: Degel
Game Time: 40:36

Opponents: NightmareBeta (Random => japanese) vs Leif Ericson (Viking)
Date: 02.04.10
Review: There is a bug in Nightmare that caused him not to shut down civilian scouting. This caused his TC to be idle for longer periods and lead to a 19:30 feudal age time. Also Nightmare had about 1k wood in feudal age and didn't build any feudal buildings.

Winner: Leif Ericson
GameTime: 39:35

zergs

[This message has been edited by zergs (edited 04-02-2010 @ 09:20 AM).]

posted 04-03-10 01:01 AM CT (US)     593 / 2425  
Just a heads up, on the League forum page for the f1@$h Brt AI, there is a new version update ready.

Current version: f1@$h Brt1.3

Update includes military upgrading and a somewhat tweaked TSA. However, it seems somewhere I introduced an attack bug where it might quit attacking at researching Imperial/Imperial Age. :-( If you get a chance and would like to, take a sec and see if you can pinpoint the problem as I have tried and can't find it.

Thanks!

(Also, soon I will be resuming some league match hosting as I have not judged a match in several weeks. Apologies.)

a.k.a. rob77dpAOE
Author of: "f1@$h" AoC AI's
"Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica."
-Jim Halpert
posted 04-03-10 07:15 AM CT (US)     594 / 2425  
Opponents: Flash 1.3 (Briton) vs Adder (Hun)
Date: 03.04.10
Review: Same as all Adder games. After Adder lost his initial army his fate was sealed due to not bothering with economy.
Recordded Game: here
GameTime: 38:28
Winner: Flash

Additional Comments to Rob: I checked your Ai and couldn't spot any too obvious errors. However when your enemy doesn't waste his army or you vastly outtrain him, your attack conditions will never become true.

Your eco needs some work, too. As 61 villagers in 38 minutes was not that impressive. Also you should really go for a very fast xbow and bodkin arrow upgrade. Keep on the good work!

zergs

[This message has been edited by zergs (edited 04-03-2010 @ 07:16 AM).]

posted 04-03-10 01:12 PM CT (US)     595 / 2425  
Ok zergs, thanks very much for the quick match and solid feedback comments.

I think I managed a quick fix of the villager/economy issue - I was not restraining military training to food amounts that allowed vil production.

Also, I added an attack condition where the AI attacks when very near to a 'maximum' military population to avoid just waiting for the enemy attack.

f1@$h Brt1.3.1 can be found here

I will also toss this link into the Scripter's League forum page for f1@$h Brt.

******EDIT********
AI Opponents: Fire Dragon (Huns) vs. Schottenclan 3.4 (Celts)

Date: 03 Apr, 2010

Review: Both AI's had fairly standard starts, with Fire Dragon reaching Feudal Age a little ahead of Shottenclan (both b/t 14:00 and 15:00). Fire Dragon begins training an army in Feudal - spearman and knights so far. Nothing yet from Schottenclan's military (21:XX).

Schottenclan reaches Castle Age just before 22:00 with Fire Dragon already in Castle with an army started. Schottenclan has now begun its army - pikes, knights, and archers so far, Fire Dragon still has spears and knights. At 35:00 now with no attacks either way, and both AI's have very similar scores. The inevitable battle is looking like it will be quite the rumble.

Here we go! At 37:XX Fire Dragon has mobilized its army and is invading Schottenclan... Fire Dragon's mostly knight army runs into Schott's pikemen battalion first - this is shaping up to be a devastating blow to Fire Dragon, however the attack survives. Can Schott recover? The 46th minute sees Schottenclan drive Fire Dragon out of his town to the outskirts. Another wave of knights and pikes from Fire Dragon comes.

Around the 1 hour mark, Schottenclan manages Imperial Age with Fire Dragon still mired in Castle Age. This could be a turning point if Schottenclan can press this advantage. Withing 5 minutes of reaching Imperial, Schottenclan gains the upper-hand and advances towards Fire Dragon's town. Fire Dragon's villagers have now began venturing into Schott's town (and ballista) for resources - uh oh. Trebuchet's and a major offensive by Schottenclan around 1:15:XX spells the end for Fire Dragon, admitting defeat just before 1:25:00.

I think if Fire Dragon were to mix some TSA into the AI, it would be a good improvement. It appears to be using attack-now at the moment, which is ok as it allows an attack while rebuilding forces too. However, TSA would have found Schott's outlying resource points and hindered the economy thereby weakening the resistance to Fire Dragon's advances.

Winner: Schottenclan 3.4

Game Time: 1:24:44

Recorded Game link

Judge: rob77dpAOE

*******END EDIT*********

*******2nd EDIT*********
Apologies again - another AI update. This will be the last one to f1@$h Brt for a little while, I think.

Current f1@$h Brt version: 1.3.2 here
****END 2nd EDIT********

a.k.a. rob77dpAOE
-Jim Halpert

[This message has been edited by rob77dpAOE (edited 04-03-2010 @ 03:14 PM).]

posted 04-04-10 03:04 AM CT (US)     596 / 2425  

What a welcome home surprise! I finally got back home from my trip a few hours ago, and I find six new games played in just two days. That's far better than I expected! Thanks you guys, especially zergs!

After I make this massive update, I think there will only be three games until the end of the round. I'll handle Random-Task vs. Integrity.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 04-04-10 05:02 AM CT (US)     597 / 2425  
@Leif: Opponents: Hun Special (Huns) vs Vaisravana (Chinese)
I can't open the recorded file
The Huns shouldn't lose easily vs Chinese in postimperial combat, despite Vaisravana is a very clever Ai
what is the rule if the game can't be traced back by the scripters ?
Speed hack may not be activated in real matches !

Happy Easter !
posted 04-04-10 11:41 AM CT (US)     598 / 2425  
I too attempted to download and view the HUN Special vs Vaisravana match. Download? Successful. Viewing? "Cannot view older recorded game."

@ the Ruler: In zergs succinct commentary on the match, it mentions Vaisravana getting to Castle and Imperial 3 minutes sooner - perhaps it wasn't superior military numbers but the mentioned upgrades that won the battle? I am almost totally guessing as I could not view the recorded game, so take that with a grain of salt.

a.k.a. rob77dpAOE
-Jim Halpert
posted 04-04-10 07:27 PM CT (US)     599 / 2425  
Reuploaded Vaisravana vs Hun Special here. Maybe it helps as the replay worked fine on my computer. No, I do not use cheat engine when running tournament games.

Anyways Vaisravana was ahead 500points after 30 minutes and about 25 units. When the battle started both players had 190+ units. However the Huns had just blast furnace and halberdier finished and about 2k food (maybe spending some of that in light cavalry instead of cavarly archer so your resources would be better balanced) while the chinese had all upgrades including the expensivce ones like uu upgrade and unique research.
posted 04-05-10 01:17 AM CT (US)     600 / 2425  
Thanks for posting that zergs.

I had some extra time, so I ran the last three games in the round. Unless someone starts requesting games, the Interleague Game will be Flixt 1.09 vs. Leif Ericson 1.21.

AI Opponents: Random-Task V2.03 (Aztecs) vs. Integrity 2.0.1

Date: 3 Apr, 2010

Review:

Integrity has fallen low in the league because of his games against Hun Special. But, his next opponent is Random-Task, a fairly strong AI, so Integrity will have to fight hard to avoid another loss.

Random-Task advanced to the Feudal Age first, and both adopted a Fast Castle strategy. Integrity edged Random-Task to the Castle Age, but Random-Task had a few more military buildings. Random-Task soon had a far larger army of crossbowmen, eagle warriors, and skirmishers. Integrity trained elite skirmishers, knights, and mangudai.

Random-Task attacked first with 2:1 odds, yet Integrity fended him off. Random-Task kept on attacking often, but he always failed to defeat Integrity's army. Integrity soon had a far superior army and Random-Task couldn't stave off Integrity's eventual attack.

Winner: Integrity

Game Time: 01:23:17

Recorded Game

AI Opponents: The Horde 2.03 (Huns) vs. John_Mendl v9 (Teutons)

Review:

Once again, The Horde was quick to the Feudal Age and the Castle Age. We'll see how well John Mendl's new update will do. Despite his slower age advancement, John Mendl has a larger army.

Both AIs were content to train their armies, and The Horde attacked a few minutes after he advanced to the Imperial Age. John Mendl put up a spirited defense but it didn't last long against The Horde's cavalry archers. Another victory for The Horde.

Winner: The Horde

Game Time: 00:54:22

Recorded Game

AI Opponents: RERE (Goths) vs. Hispain_Special (Spanish)

Review:

Hispain_Special advanced through the Dark Ages like normal, but RERE took 19 minutes to advance. Hispain_Special soon advanced to the Castle Age and started training his army. RERE trained man-at-arms, spearmen, and skirmishers. RERE advanced to the Castle Age and he attacked just before Hispain_Special advanced to the Imperial Age. RERE's attack failed miserably.

At this point I got an out of sync error while watching the recorded game. Hispain_Special won in the actual game (no surprise there) so I hope you will forgive me with this bugged recorded game.

Winner: Hispain_Special

Game Time: 00:5X:XX (it lasted over 50 minutes)

Recorded Game

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 49  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » AI & RM Scripting » The AoKH AI Scripting Ladder
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames