Moderated by Sebastien, Leif Ericson

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Userpatch AI Scripting Ladder
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 24  Next Page »
posted 07-28-13 11:14 PM CT (US)   
The UP AI Scripting Ladder

Welcome to the third continuous installment of the AoKH AI Scripting Ladder, now supporting Userpatch for the first time. Here you can enter your AI to compete against AIs with a wide range of abilities and a huge range of strategies. Whether it's to improve your AI's skill or whether you want to enjoy the exciting fun and community it provides, the Userpatch AI scripting ladder will suit your needs.

The Userpatch (UP) is a community patch that provides enormous benefits to the game, allowing AIs to become exponentially more intelligent, among others. Click here to download the patch and learn about everything the Userpatch can do! You'll find many scripters here who are more than willing to help you learn how to script and how to use the new UP commands.

Also, if you enjoy scripting, you should join the AI scripters community at http://forums.aiscripters.com/. You can also find a guide to AI scripting here and a guide to the new UP commands here.

How Do I Join?

If you want to enter the ladder, just drop a post in the thread with a link to your AI, tell us what civ you want it to play, and your AI will be added to the ladder.

When you enter your AI, it will play four unrated games against different opponents and given a rating based on its performance. Once your AI has been given a rating, your AI is ready to enter round play and climb up the ladder.

New: Each forummer can only have one AI in the ladder at any time.

How Does the Ladder Work?

Like multiplayer ladders, the AI ladder determines an AI script's overall skill ability over the course of several games and compares the skill ratings of other AIs to each other.

The AI Ladder uses the ELO system, the same system used to rank chess players or players on online gaming sites such as Voobly. The ladder is run in rounds with each AI grouped in a league of (ideally) five AIs according to ability. During each round, each AI will play each other AI in its league twice. The winning AI's score in each match will be increased according to its opponent's score, either a large amount if the AI defeated a higher ranked opponent or a smaller amount if the AI defeated a lower ranked opponent. The losing AI's score is decreased in the same way. Once the round is over, a new one begins, creating continuous cycles of competitive fun.

To make things more interesting, we randomize between Arabia, Ghost Lake, Gold Rush, Mongolia, Oasis, and Yucatan. To facilitate the randomization, you can download the official AI Ladder random map randomizer to test your AI and to test matches: link

AI Classes:

New: All AIs are divided into leagues according to ability, with ideally 5 AIs in each league. The leagues are reorganized at the end of each round to re-sort the AIs into the leagues by ability.

If an AI is the lowest-ranked AI, has at least 75 points lower than every other AI, and has lost at least three games in a row, the AI will likely be dropped unless the author requests the AI to remain in the ladder.

Game Requests:

New: Requested games no longer count for score, but they can be requested nevertheless.

Previous AI Ladders:

In addition, for those who like a bit of nostalgia, you can find the previous installments of the AI scripting ladder here:

The AoKH AI Scripting Ladder 1.0
The AoKH AI Scripting Ladder 2.0

Standings:

Cavaliers:
AI Name:
Barbarian
The Horde
Promi
Juggernaut
Rating

Civilization
Random
Random
Random
Huns
Author
II2N
zergs
Promiskuitiv
UnfairestEel
Download
Barbarian v2.17 - Updated 8 May, 2016*
The Horde 3.7 - Updated 23 Oct, 2016*
Promi 1.53 - Updated 10 Dec, 2016*
Juggernaut 1.5 - Updated 27 Aug, 2014*

Knights:
AI Name:
Illuminati
TRON
Daedric
IS Machine
Crusade
Rating

Civilization
Random
Mongols
Random
Random
Random
Author
Aleph
cakemaphoneige
Armelon1
DuckOfNormandy
Campidoctoris
Download
Illuminati AI v0.5c - Updated 21 Aug, 2016*
TRON 0.2R - Updated 8 Dec, 2013*
Daedric 1.9 - Updated 28 May, 2016*
IS Machine 8.6 - Updated 5 Feb, 2014
Crusade 4.42c - Updated 6 Dec, 2014

Squires:
AI Name:
Tribal Warriors
BruteForce
Meleon
Boss
The Unknown
Rating

Civilization
Random
Huns
Goths
Random
Random
Author
estyty
CheeseOnToast
scripter64
lws735
offwo200
Download
TRiBal_Warriors v4.57 - Updated 9 Dec, 2016
Bruce Force 3. 1 - Updated 13 Feb, 2017*
Meleon - Updated 12 Jun, 2016
Boss 2.3 - Updated 18 May, 2017
The_Unknown v2.00a - Updated 24 Feb, 2016

* Always use the latest version if indicated with an asterisk.

Archived AIs:

The Khanate
UnfairSteel
Dreadnought
Randomization
Nightmare AI
f1@$h Myn
Nosferatu

(Check the second AI Ladder thread for a list of archived 1.0c AIs)

Playoff Results:

Season 1 - Winner: Barbarian

Schedule:

Anyone can judge any of the games in the AI ladder, and judges do not have to sign up for a game before playing it. However, you may make a post in the thread if you wish to reserve a game to judge. Those who are willing to judge and record these games, please post for which games you would like to play. Authors should not judge games that contain their own AI. All games should be played on Hard difficulty, tiny map, 200 pop, Dark Age, low resources, and Conquest victory. The current version of the Userpatch (version 1.4) and the official randomizer map script should be used. Games will be considered a draw if they last more than two hours, unless an AI has less than 2 villagers at the two hour mark. Thus, you can end the game after two hours if you wish.

It is recommended that the judges cheat "natural wonders" so that there is no possibility of interference from the judge. However, if you feel that this would hamper your ability to review the game you may opt not to do this, as long as you provide the recorded game.

If you decide to use Cheat Engine's speedhack feature, please limit your games to x5 speed on Slow speed or x3 speed on Fast speed, unless one AI has clearly won the game and you want to speed up the "cleaning up" process. Any faster speedhack is prone to mess up AI functionality on slower computers.

Once the game is finished, please write a short review of the game. Provide helpful comments on what were each AI's weak points so that the authors of the scripts can know how to update them. Also post the recorded game link along with the review. To make it easier for us to gather information from the reviews, please post the reviews of the games in this format (just copy it into your post and edit it):

AI #1 (Civilization) vs. AI #2 (Civilization)

Map: Arabia (or whatever map is chosen)

1 Jan, 2013 (this date is just an example of the format)
Map Type: Mongolia (or whatever map is chosen)

Review:

Winner: (AI Name)
Recorded Game link

Thanks for judging and reviewing! Here is the current schedule. Sign up for the games you would like to play:

Season 2

Round 4

Entrance Games:

Entering AI:
-

vs.
Opponents:
-
Results:
-

Cavaliers League:
AIs:
Barbarian
Promi
Juggernaut
The Horde
Round W-L
4-0
0-4
0-2
2-0
vs. Barbarian
x
LL
LL
--
vs. Promi
WW
x
--
WW
vs. Juggernaut
WW
--
x
--
vs. The Horde
--
LL
--
x

Knights League:
AIs:
TRON
Daedric
Illuminati
Crusade
IS Machine
Round W-L
2-2
3-3
4-2
1-3
2-2
vs. TRON
x
LW
WL
--
--
vs. Daedric
WL
x
WL
--
WL
vs. Illuminati
LW
LW
x
LL
--
vs. Crusade
--
--
WW
x
LW
vs. IS Machine
--
LW
--
WL
x

Squires League:
AIs:
Tribal Warriors
BruteForce
Boss
Meleon
The Unknown
Round W-L
2-0
0-4
0-4
4-2
4-0
vs. Tribal Warriors
x
LL
--
--
--
vs. BruteForce
WW
x
--
WW
--
vs. Boss
--
--
x
WW
WW
vs. Meleon
--
LL
LL
x
WW
vs. The Unknown
--
--
LL
LL
x

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 09-04-2019 @ 06:39 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-28-13 11:16 PM CT (US)     1 / 1174  
The new ladder is now accepting submissions! We will start the ladder in two weeks, as long as we have eight AIs in the ladder.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 07-28-13 11:22 PM CT (US)     2 / 1174  
Nice, thank you Leif!
Can't wait for the first games to start.

Of course you can count my AI in, just use the newest version on that link: http://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2555.

Edit: Random civ.~

[This message has been edited by Promiskuitiv (edited 07-28-2013 @ 11:25 PM).]

posted 07-29-13 03:56 AM CT (US)     3 / 1174  
Count me in! I'm entering UnfairSteel as random.
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=11488

My current AI project: Juggernaut

Want to get into some AI scripting for AOC?
See this site:
http://forums.aiscripters.com/index.php
posted 07-29-13 04:15 AM CT (US)     4 / 1174  
I'd like to enter Barbarian to the ladder with random civ.
posted 07-29-13 07:04 AM CT (US)     5 / 1174  
I'd like to enter Chameleon 20130328-042924: http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=10080
It will play Random civ. Thanks, Leif!

[This message has been edited by scripter64 (edited 07-29-2013 @ 07:04 AM).]

posted 07-29-13 04:31 PM CT (US)     6 / 1174  
Hi. I'd like to enter 2 AIs.

The Khanate http://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2788

The_Unknown http://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2932

Both play random civ.

GL HF to the participants

Looking forward to judging some games.
posted 07-29-13 04:55 PM CT (US)     7 / 1174  
Barbarian
Chameleon
IS_UPachine
Lightning2.01
michi
Nosferatu
Promi
rAge
The Horde
The Khanate
The_Unknown
UnfairSteel
xxTERRORxx
I think only these AIs(UP1.3),now the people that enjoy AOC is little.And not only 1v1 but also 4v4,assist ally is very important,strategy in a 4v4 game is the key to win.
I test many times,until now 1st Group:Barbarian Promi The Horde UnfairSteel.Others like IS_UPachine The Khanate are strong but not strong enough with 1st Group,especially in a 4v4 game.

[This message has been edited by samoer (edited 07-29-2013 @ 05:06 PM).]

posted 07-30-13 05:44 AM CT (US)     8 / 1174  
I also want to participate. Crusade is not so strong in UP, but if I get a mediocre or even low position I don't care.

Also remember that once I finish Cruzada, in a future, I'll want it to replace Crusade, because it will be the same but specialized in UP.

Crusade 4.42a. Every setting. AI compatible with UserPatch 1.1
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=10618
Xafaxarcos 1. The first chapter of my unfinished AI tutorial
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=11317
posted 07-30-13 07:20 AM CT (US)     9 / 1174  
Come on,Campidoctoris!
posted 08-01-13 08:10 AM CT (US)     10 / 1174  
later i would join too if i can... (but no complete ai at moment) GLHF all guys
posted 08-03-13 03:52 AM CT (US)     11 / 1174  
I'm going to enter Dreadnought, I'm still fixing it up here and there put it plays any civilization so I'm entering it as random!

Dreadnought
posted 08-05-13 08:54 PM CT (US)     12 / 1174  
I want to enter my AI with random civ.
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=11801

[This message has been edited by lws735 (edited 08-10-2013 @ 02:44 AM).]

posted 08-09-13 05:21 PM CT (US)     13 / 1174  
I want to enter my AI with random civ. LINK
posted 08-10-13 08:30 AM CT (US)     14 / 1174  
Please use the newest version of my AI for judging, just updated it to 1.4j.

Here's the link: http://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2555.

Creator of Promi.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
posted 08-14-13 08:12 PM CT (US)     15 / 1174  
Leif, if you don't have enough time to run the ladder, I volunteer to do so. Just let me know and I'll make pairings.
posted 08-15-13 09:40 AM CT (US)     16 / 1174  
Thanks for the offer Archon. I believe I'll have the time. I've just been preparing to head back to school. I was also without internet for a few days. Besides, this is probably my only way to remain active in the AI community.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 08-15-13 09:16 PM CT (US)     17 / 1174  
The games are set to go!

Edit: Forgot Alevo's AI. Fixed.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 08-15-2013 @ 09:22 PM).]

posted 08-15-13 09:22 PM CT (US)     18 / 1174  
Judging Barbarian vs Chameleon.

Edit:

Barbarian (Celts) vs. Chameleon (Britons)

16 August, 2013
Map Type: Oasis

Review:

Both AI's decided to go for a FC, Barbarian being faster at it.
Chameleon went for longswordsmen and x-bows while building some additional TC's to gain an economical advantage against Barbarian who built none.
Barbarian went for a suicidal scorpion rush with three siege workshops and pumped out more scorpions than you can see stars in the desert sky at night (and that's a lot).
A bit later Barbarian attacked and completely annihilated Chameleons town with his huge scorpion army + 1 ram - ending the game with Chameleons resign after just 35 minutes.
This is why i call Barbarian a beast. :P

Winner: Barbarian
Rec: https://app.box.com/s/3y7ta6thsaui06jo3uo2

The Horde (Koreans) vs. Dreadnought (Turks)

16 August, 2013
Map Type: Yucatan

Review:

Dreadnought went for a FC while The Horde decided to flush.
So yeah Horde flushed and just disrupted Dreadnought's economy so heavily that he couldn't ever train more than a handful of soldiers (once he finally arrived to the castle-age).
Horde later advanced to the castle-age too, added knights to his spear/archer/skirm army and finished the game after 39 minutes.

Winner: The Horde
Rec: https://app.box.com/s/8yefh8iauztxc09w5930

Creator of Promi.

[This message has been edited by Promiskuitiv (edited 08-15-2013 @ 11:58 PM).]

posted 08-15-13 10:37 PM CT (US)     19 / 1174  
Woo, 3 more games and the first round is over!

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 08-15-13 11:05 PM CT (US)     20 / 1174  
The Khanate(Saracens) vs. UnfairSteel (Goths)

Map Type: Mongolia
Game Speed: CE x4/slow

Review:
Khanate went Fast Feudal and steel looked like it was going for a fast castle, judging by its feudal time, but stayed in feudal and created an army. Khanate sent a forward tower which disrupted steel a tiny bit but not enough before it was brought down by m@a. Steel then proceeded to attack. Initially it looked as if the attack would bring Khanate down quickly but somehow it didnt happen. The rest of the game consisted of steel being on the attack but struggling to finish the job, despite weak resistance from khanate. Both ai's using mainly ranged units. Eventually steel brought huskies into the mix and they got the job done.

Winner: UnfairSteel
Game Time: 49.09

Rec Game: https://app.box.com/s/allmw4aqnid8yj5uepbb

Promi(Mongols) vs. The_Unknown (Byzantines)

Map Type: Ghost Lake

Review:
Everything seemed fine until unknown tried to boar hunt. Firstly it hunted without loom, Its initial lurer would garrison immediately after reaching the TC, causing the boar to run off and the same lurer to try again. It lost 3 vills to this boar before giving up hunting and achieving a 16 min feudal time. Promi simply flushed and unknown was down for the rest of the game. Promi's army of archers and skirms retreated smartly during its attack, never really losing many units. Unfortunately this got very boring because promi got a late castle time and even then never trained rams. Even after advancing to imperial promi never got rams, despite finally building a siege workshop(i think the pop cap was reached by then). The pain of watching an army of pure archers bring down a town, finally ended at just over the 50 min mark. Unlucky for you, offwo, but i suggest you work on that hunting code.

Winner: Promi
Game Time: around 51 min

Rec Game: https://app.box.com/s/hcnboftfmoqkq0y0gs7s

[This message has been edited by cakemaphoneige (edited 08-16-2013 @ 00:03 AM).]

posted 08-16-13 00:37 AM CT (US)     21 / 1174  
Forgot to record game, so rerunning it. Here's the old review if anyone is intrested.

(watching from BOSS's POV)

BOSS starts by doing a mill first (often for UP lumbercamp first is better). Also it only put 1 vill on first house resulting
in BOSS being forced to loom at pop 5 to avoid idle tc. No villager queue from boss results in more idle time (although 60 fps + slow meant it was only 15s difference), not helped by
his boar hunter going to deer 11. BOSS goes to feudal quickly in ~11:40, but this is fairly useless as BOSS doesn't have a rax
up for a flush nor enough resources for a fc. Crusade feudals in ~13:00, a slow time for an UP flusher (you should aim for
23 pop @10:50, although this isn't always possible). BOSS finally gets military buildings up around 15mins and starts training trash, and basically every feudal unit later. Crusade
tries to attack at 20min but with no retreat code it just dies to the town center, and it's 99% built forward watch tower gets
found and cancelled at the last minute. BOSS's men-at-arms follow the builders to the town center, but are duly rewarded for
their valient effort in chasing them when several of them are killed at crusade's base. Crusade counter-attacks and this attack
is mildly successful as his troops have slightly more blacksmith upgrades (take scale mail BEFORE forging, espically against mass archers).
However, BOSS is now 400 points ahead of score @ 28 min, due to much better eco balance than crusade. BOSS hits castle age in
29minutes and starts booming.

Not sure why BOSS is making pikeman when there are no cavalry... (no wait, some scouts from crusade now)>

Crusades makes one last attack @31 min with all the feudal troops he can master, but xbows with bodkin destroy any unit that
can be made in feudal so this attack fails. He castles in 33 min, probably making waiting for castle + upgrades a better move.

Crusade make spanish CA in castle (conquistors are far better, they are really worth massing stone for a castle for).
Somehow, from a large economic disadvantage, crusade starts pushing back, with CA + lcav somehow beating xbow + pike lol.

BOSS needs to make more houses late castle (prehaps 2 at a time), it got housed several times. He also stops training vills for
imperial age, a bit questionable but turned out to be the right thing to do in this game.

Arb vs LSM and crusade running out of steam spells bad omens for him...

A forward lumber camp from BOSS (which cuts into the centre 11) and crusade is dying

OK, new game.

Watching from crusade's POV this time. Not going to write much, crusade japanese vs boss spanish on rookiechan.

Both AIs should set sn-gather-livestock-to-town-center 1.

Crusade states it's going scouts + archers, but actually goes m@a + archers, probably a better
strat for japanese.

The game almost went the same, with boss upping earlier and becoming economically ahead. However, BOSS
had no resources to upgrade his troops, and consequently fell behind once crusade hit castle.

Game-time: 1h13min
Winner: Crusade (don't know which game you'll count, BOSS one the other game)

Other comments:
Crusade researches fortified wall despite having no walls (!)
Crusade should drop first house by a villager to avoid idle tc.
BOSS should research bodkin arrow before leather archer armor.

[This message has been edited by offwo200 (edited 08-16-2013 @ 01:04 AM).]

posted 08-16-13 08:17 AM CT (US)     22 / 1174  
gg Offwo and thanks Cake

See this site:
posted 08-16-13 12:45 PM CT (US)     23 / 1174  
Next round is up!

I went with the second game, offwo, since that's the one you have the recorded game for.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 08-16-13 01:36 PM CT (US)     24 / 1174  
Promi (Random => Turks) vs. The Khanate (Random => Celts)

Map Type: Mongolia

Khanate decides to do not-so-traditional AI dark age and drushes with 5 militias and even builds a mining camp before the first mill. The drush leaves pretty late (at 12min) though, but it manages to knock down a villager.

Promi flushes with archers which eat the extra militias Khanate sends after the main drush and some villagers also die when Promi attacks. Khanate tower ups but Promi also builds a forward tower and both tower are in range of each other. Promi's tower goes down but it takes quite a few skirmishers with it.

The game turns into a boom war and pretty much nothing happens for a while, until at some point Khanate starts to build forward towers. Promi reacts and attacks the towers. Khanate sends xbows with attack-now which is a suicide.

Both AIs get to imperial age but celtic archery doesn't perform that well against janissaries and hussars (and skirmishers)

Winner: Promi
Game time: 0:58:06

Record

The Horde (Random => Japanese) vs. UnfairSteel (Random => Persians)

Map Type: Arabia

Steel goes for krush while Horde chooses xbow rush. The knights hit Horde's lumber camp and kill a lot of villagers. This leaves Horde too much behind, and the game is over after Steel adds skirmishers.

Winner: UnfairSteel
Game time: 0:41:52

Record

[This message has been edited by II2N (edited 08-16-2013 @ 02:53 PM).]

posted 08-16-13 02:33 PM CT (US)     25 / 1174  
Sweet, thank you II2N and gg Offwo (both against Unknown and Khanate)!

Creator of Promi.
posted 08-16-13 04:13 PM CT (US)     26 / 1174  
Thanks for judging, Promi! GG II2N!
posted 08-16-13 04:38 PM CT (US)     27 / 1174  
I'd like to add Nightmare into the ladder please

Link
posted 08-16-13 07:46 PM CT (US)     28 / 1174  
Added. If you'd like Nightmare to play against an AI right now instead of waiting for another AI to be added to the ladder, let me know.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 08-16-13 08:06 PM CT (US)     29 / 1174  
Barbarian(Japanese) vs. Crusade(vikings)

Map Type: Green Arabia

Review: Well, i totally didnt expect this. Both ai's go for feudal armies. Barbie attacks first but i guess due to a scattered army and good defense from crusade, it failed. It seemed as if barbie had some deathly plan laid out for crusade and it began booming, doing its thing, anythings possible with this ai. But Crusade attacked and barbie began to fall. Barbie hit castle, still under attack, but it looked as if the upgrades it purchased would pay off. They kind of did, eventually fending off the attack, but by now Crusade had done enough damage and was preparing the death blow. Crusade hits castle, knights join the mix and here comes the end for Barbie. The army hits and barbie can only watch as its town is brought down. Great game.

Winner: Crusade
Game Time: 51.02

NOTE:I used Barbarian version 2.13d, whether II2N wanted this or not im not sure (ladder version says 2.13c)

Upon review of the game a second time around, it appears Barbie bugged, it tried to mine gold next to crusades town.
Still, all credit to Crusade for a great effort.

Rec Game: https://app.box.com/s/dw3jy9smasvldfb54gmb

[This message has been edited by cakemaphoneige (edited 08-16-2013 @ 09:05 PM).]

posted 08-16-13 11:25 PM CT (US)     30 / 1174  
Thanks for judging, I need to take a look at that mining camp. Skirmisher flush wasn't the best choice against m@a.
posted 08-17-13 04:11 AM CT (US)     31 / 1174  
BOSS 1.41 (Random => Spanish) vs. The_Unknown (Random => Koreans)

Game Speed - Fast x3 (x10 after BOSS' victory was clear).
Map Type - Yucutan I think (I don't play non-ara much)

The game began fairly evenly. BOSS feudalled slightly faster with 27 villagers with his usual half-hearted flush attempt. He sent a few units to The_Unknown but no damage was done as The_Unknown progressed to the Castle Age. Soon after BOSS does the same.

In castle, BOSS continued to train units while The_Unknown boomed, training very little (although had a very big town size). Both went to Imperial at a similar time.

The_Unknown training Crossbows, which eventually turned into Arbalests. BOSS trained Elite Skirmishers, Archers (you shouldn't train archers after Feudal with Spanish) and Champions. The expected happened and BOSS slowly pushed The_Unknown back despite The_Unknown's early boom where it should've had many more resources for troops! A few Siege Rams and eventually Trebuchets sped up the cleaining process. The_Unknown doesn't resign but its last Arbalest (which was a scout) ran into a Castle and died!

Game time - 1:06:39
Recorded game - Link
Winner - BOSS 1.41

Boss
- Should not train Archers as Spanish except sometimes in Feudal.
- Otherwise appeared very professional in the way it won. Maybe could have gone for more military strength early on as The_Unknown didn't make many military units. But who am I to judge a winner?

The_Unknown
- Needs to train something with its Arbalests if it wants a chance against Rams + Skirms + Champs.
- I fear about what it will do against a heavy-flushing AI (such as Promi). Although that's for you to consider not for me to pre-empt how it will play!

[This message has been edited by Alevo (edited 08-17-2013 @ 05:19 AM).]

posted 08-17-13 05:12 AM CT (US)     32 / 1174  
Chameleon (spanish) vs Dreadnought (franks), yucatan map

Both Dreadnought and Chameleon didn't make use of the extra food resources on this map and spent a lot of wood on farms in dark age, Dreadnought's hunting code worked for only two of the three available boars and he never milled the 2nd batch of berries.

Dreadnought went for a Krush and soon attacked, as Chameleon only started training monks, trash units and longswordsman once his town was under attack. Dreadnaught could have ended the game right here, but as far as I can tell from watching as gaia, Dreadnought's unit production slowed down as it dropped down to three farms in order to lay down various castle age buildings and get some rams, allowing Chameleon to eventually stop the rush.

When peace settled down again, Dreadnought went for kt with a few monks while Chameleon had ls, pikes and skirms. Chameleon slowly fell behind in eco as it had only two TC compared to Dreadnought's three.

Later, Chameleon recommenced hostilities after Dreadnought annoyed Chameleon's villagers trying to build on Dreadnought's side of the river. Dreadnought pressed the battle to the front of Chameleon's town and kept sending attackers for the rest of the game, adding axeman to his kt to deal with Chameleon's LS+pike combo. Chameleon added conquistadors and missionaries to its unit mix and was able to defend for a very long time. However it wasn't able to advance to the imperial age while Dreadnaught was. This made the decisive difference.

Winner: Dreadnought
Game time - 1:03:59
Recorded game - Link

[This message has been edited by zergs (edited 08-17-2013 @ 05:20 AM).]

posted 08-17-13 05:19 AM CT (US)     33 / 1174  
GG Scripter and thanks for judging Archon
posted 08-17-13 06:27 AM CT (US)     34 / 1174  
If i am still in time i subscrive my IS_Machine (IS_UPMachine) for the AI ladder. It plays random civ and you find it here
http://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2311&p=37655#p37655
I uploaded it also on AOKH so i will soon edit this message adding the AOKH lint to the AI

GL to all
posted 08-17-13 08:30 AM CT (US)     35 / 1174  
gg Archon and thanks II2N!

See this site:
posted 08-17-13 12:42 PM CT (US)     36 / 1174  
Someone may as well do Nightmare vs IS_Machine in advance then
posted 08-17-13 02:03 PM CT (US)     37 / 1174  
Yep, go ahead and run Nightmare vs IS Machine. I'll be posting the new round in a couple hours.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 08-17-13 08:44 PM CT (US)     38 / 1174  
GG Alevo! Thanks for the review, Archon
posted 08-18-13 00:21 AM CT (US)     39 / 1174  
Nightmare (Byzantines) vs. IS_Machine (Random => Saracens)

Map Type: Yucatan

Nightmare hunts 2/3 boars and doesn't mill 2nd berries while ISM takes one boar at dark age and second at early feudal age and uses both berries.

ISM reaches very fast feudal age (10:41), and prepares to flush. However the due to some unnecessary farms ISM is able to train army from only one archery range for a while. Nightmare goes for slow flush with 3 archery ranges and towers up after detecting ISM's higher numbers.

Nightmare attacks ISM with a large amount of ranged units, but without spearmen/enough archers its skirmisher-based army doesn't do well against scouts.

ISM hits castle age and starts an attack. Right before ISM's army arrives Nightmare also tries to attack despite having clearly less upgraded units, and due to nature of attack groups the Nightmare's army barely does any damage to ISM's units before dying.

ISM retreats the remaining army after a while and masses units in peace with a large lead. Once it attacks again Nightmare isn't able to hold.

Winner: IS_Machine
Game time: 0:48:41

Record

Notes for Nightmare:
-Too much farms at late dark age delayed feudal age buildings.
-Fletching should be taken before padded archer armor.
-Retreat if attack is failing or atleast stop sending more units, 2nd wave of skirmishers died for nothing.
-Gold miners despite training only skirmishers -> it had over 800 gold at feudal age.

[This message has been edited by II2N (edited 08-18-2013 @ 01:10 AM).]

posted 08-18-13 02:43 AM CT (US)     40 / 1174  
Typical that 3 of those things you mentioned are now fixed in the new version
Nightmare should retreat, I don't know what the problem is there.

Thanks for judging II2N and gg Duck

[This message has been edited by Alevo (edited 08-18-2013 @ 02:44 AM).]

posted 08-18-13 03:14 AM CT (US)     41 / 1174  
GG Alevo!
posted 08-18-13 09:05 AM CT (US)     42 / 1174  
Question: Are we using normal Random or Full Random for random civ ai's??

Difference is that it allows both ai's to potentially get the same civs. I personally think Full random is better but i guess it could also be up to the scripter.
posted 08-18-13 09:09 AM CT (US)     43 / 1174  
I've been using random civ for ladder, though I prefer full random and use it in my tests.
posted 08-18-13 12:43 PM CT (US)     44 / 1174  
Same here.

Creator of Promi.
posted 08-18-13 07:22 PM CT (US)     45 / 1174  
Full Random makes sure the civs that are picked aren't the same right? I think either type of random civ is fine since it won't actually change how the AIs perform.

New round up!

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 08-18-13 07:41 PM CT (US)     46 / 1174  
"Full Random makes sure the civs that are picked aren't the same right?"

No, that's the normal 'random'.
Full Random creates the possibility of mirror civs which is why it's called 'Full random'.

Judging Nightmare vs Khanate.

Edit1: Alevo forgot to say it, but i'm sure he wanted Nightmare to enter as Byzantines since Nightmare isn't capable of playing other civs yet.
I will judge the game with Nightmare using the Byzantines.

Edit2:

Nightmare (Byzantines) vs. The Khanate (Koreans)

Map Type: Gold Rush

Review:

Usually i only start writing the reviews afterwards but oh well. I'm 1:10:00 in now and this game just went full derp-mode.
First both AI's place their gold-camp forward, then Khanate flushes and towers Nightmare's forward gold-camp. Khanate keeps training spears and archers while Nightmare keeps training skirmishers and thus fends the flush off. Khanate still dealt quite some damage though.
Both advance to castle-age and from here on out fight in the center of the map every few minutes. Khanate keeps training spears and archers while Nightmare's army consists to 90% only out of skirmishers...
Now after destroying Khanate's TC Nightmare is thinking "Wait maybe Khanate's just trying to be friendly by training spears and archers vs my skirms, i should train hussars versus his spears to make it up to him. He will be happy.".
After putting these thoughts into reality the game is now kind of even again, Khanate might even be pushing Nightmare back. By the way i really don't want to mock anyone, it just feels 'weird' to watch this. But oh well as a human it's probably easier to decide these things as an AI. Continuing the match now.
Alright, Khanate controlled the middle-gold for a while now and is starting to destroy Nightmare's town. The army compositions are still the same - Khanate: Pikes and Arbs | Nightmare: Mainly skirmishers.
At 1:27 Nightmare resigns. Both could've won this game but Khanate was always a step ahead after his flush dealt quite some damage. If his unit selection would've been a bit more flexible then he might have even been more successful. Nightmare built a nice defensive tower and trained the right units vs Khanate's flush.

Winner: The Khanate
Rec: https://app.box.com/s/j56pcyrnqjee311kqa1y

Creator of Promi.

[This message has been edited by Promiskuitiv (edited 08-18-2013 @ 08:13 PM).]

posted 08-18-13 07:50 PM CT (US)     47 / 1174  
Ah, I see. Yeah, both normal and full random civ options are okay, I think. Use whichever you prefer.

Thanks for the catch on the Byzantines. I had Nightmare down as Byzantines previously, but I just messed up when I updated the thread.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 08-18-13 10:34 PM CT (US)     48 / 1174  
I want to enter my new version AI Boss 1.43 with random civ .
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by lws735 (edited 08-19-2013 @ 00:54 AM).]

posted 08-19-13 00:01 AM CT (US)     49 / 1174  
I swear when using random I have had the same civs on both sides before :O
And Leif, isn't this round 3, not round 2? :P

See this site:

[This message has been edited by UnfairestEel (edited 08-19-2013 @ 00:20 AM).]

posted 08-19-13 00:04 AM CT (US)     50 / 1174  
Oh i think it just tries to avoid it and doesn't avoid it every single time. Not completely sure though, for more information on that topic ask scripter. :P

Creator of Promi.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 24  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » AI & RM Scripting » The Userpatch AI Scripting Ladder
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames