Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Post Your Ideas Here!
posted 11-17-01 03:02 PM CT (US)   
Due to the amount of ideas that spring up and never get completed, I thought a bunch of us here at AoKH could put down our failed ideas (among others) to help others come up with ideas... or even finish the ones we "couldn't" . Anyway, you can put any idea whatsoever... unless it goes outside forum guidelines etc.

IDEAS CAN INCLUDE:
-Triggers/Trigger Tricks
-AIs (too few of these!)
-Storylines
-Characters and Personalities
-Map Design stuff
-Helping others with a certain genre of AoK gaming
-Experiments!

So enjoy yourslef AoKHers, and remember that the AoK editor is only as powerful as you make it!

-Ultima_Knight

how is this for a quote
Replies:
posted 11-18-01 04:06 PM CT (US)     1 / 22  
IDEAS:
Triggers/Trigger Tricks:
Knighthood - Basically just a trigger that for every certain amount of kills your unit gets upgraded E.G start off with a Militia ten kills later that Militia is replaced with a Man-At-Arms and then ten more kills after that is replaced with Two Handed Swordsman and 10 kills later a Champion and then (now ish the hard part.....well for me anyway) 20 kills later...replaced with a Knight and then 20 kills later a Paladin
this idea may have already been used before but i just thought of it (See Notes)
AI'S:
AI'S:
Civ Specific AI's eg for the Britons...they create mainly Longbowmen and Knights and for the Romans(Rome At War Mod Needed to understand and use the next ones), Legionaires, Auxilia and Bowyer (the last two could be included for the Greeks)
Notes
I Could be called a "NEWBIE " for a few reasons.......because im new to this site......i never used triggers or rarely and they never worked.....i rarely publish scenarios (mainly cos i take too long on them) but.......I know myself i am more of a Thinker than a Maker

Quote: The Body Is Strong......The Mind is Stronger and more devastating than any Physical Body

posted 11-18-01 05:29 PM CT (US)     2 / 22  
Quetzelcoatl-

I love your knight idea for a trigger trick, in fact, i'm gonna go play with the map editor right now! Possible scenario... Poor boy makes wooden bow and arrow(archer), enters tourney(still archer), proves skill in battle(crossbowman), etc.

-Mr. Tradecart
BILLS ARE GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL![/i]
posted 11-18-01 08:16 PM CT (US)     3 / 22  
Heh, I bet when you're almost finished with the scenario, you won't like the results of your work, and you'll dump it.
posted 11-18-01 08:28 PM CT (US)     4 / 22  
Why would you think that?

-Mr. Tradecart
BILLS ARE GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL![/i]
posted 11-19-01 09:56 AM CT (US)     5 / 22  
geez...TeenSatoshi...ur optimistic...Maybe YOU should learn that with good designers, they uually finish their work. And, if not, I'd love to use the idea

L¤I¤L¤B¤O¤W¤E¤E¤ZI¤E¤

.: Zone Name=-=_GoA_Ballistix :.
.:e-mail me at rtsmapmaker@hotmail.com:.
.: member of the _GoA_ clan :.

posted 11-20-01 04:36 PM CT (US)     6 / 22  
AI/PERSONALITIES IDEAS

BLACKBEARD
This Type of personality/Ai could be for sea maps and pirate scenarios the Ai could make it make loads of ships and concentrate resource gathering around ships.

BESERKERGANG (DERVISH)
This Ai/Personality would be good for Viking scenarios where the Computer controlled opponent just creates Militia/Beserks and just throws them at you using not strategy and appropriately alters its resource gathering.

JAGUAR GOD
This Ai/Personality would be good if the computer created a lot of Jaguar Warriors and sends then at you in waves and gathers approriate resources.

LEGIONS
This could be the Rome At War Mod-pack Version of JAGUAR GOD where instead of creating Jaguar Warriors it creates Legionaires

NOTES:
I have absolutely no idea how to create Ai's so im suggesting a lot of then and if someone could make some of these real Ai's that would be good as i said before I'm mostly a Thinker not a Maker (and if you decide to create one of the above or any more i post ..let me know when they are done OR email em to me....and please give me a lil cred for originallly thinking of the idea
MORE AI IDEAS AND OTHER IDEAS COMING SOON (HEY I GOTTA THINK OF EM DONT I )
P.S if you got any ideas but you need then expanding just gimme a short email describing ur idea and ill hep i anyway i can and i expect no credit cos the way i figure it...you created the idea i just helped evolve it

[This message has been edited by Quetzelcoatl (edited 11-20-2001 @ 04:40 PM).]

posted 11-20-01 05:23 PM CT (US)     7 / 22  
I was thinkin something up the other day and I thought it might be good on some scenarios. Lets say someone tries to create a knight by clickin on the stable. When the knight is created,he is not a knight,but a ROLAND (or any other unit) All you do is just to objects in area/remove object/create object on loop! I think I might use this in my upcoming campain The Dark Sword. It should be out in about a month or two.

~~The Rider~~
Current Projects=
The Dark Sword
The Master Of The Templar
posted 11-21-01 03:12 PM CT (US)     8 / 22  
@ TheRider
Yeah Your idea is a good one BUT....if the trigger is placed on a loop as soon as the created ROLAND moves from that area another ROLAND would be created and then as soon as THAT one moves out the area ANOTHER roland would be created ETC
posted 11-21-01 06:55 PM CT (US)     9 / 22  
I Was going to make a trigger tricks tutorial that showed some basic tricks leading into more complex ones but stopped because i got bored with it and wanted to devote all my time to my scenario.
anyone please feel free to make it.
posted 11-21-01 08:12 PM CT (US)     10 / 22  
just thought of something here, havent tried it yet...
you know the waterfall trick, with the placing of bridges, then at the beginning of the game, delete them all...but the downside is that you can walk over them...

i just thought, what if you placed a bunch of broken bridge pieces? would they still be able to walk over it? im gonna try it, and see if it works...

RTS Empire
DA WARRIAH
posted 11-21-01 09:00 PM CT (US)     11 / 22  
nope, i just tried it, doesnt work...

RTS Empire
DA WARRIAH
posted 11-24-01 05:23 PM CT (US)     12 / 22  
Can someone please possibly review my ideas for Ai's

Tommorow will take us away
Far from home
No-one will ever know our names
But the Bards songs will remain
posted 11-24-01 05:46 PM CT (US)     13 / 22  
lil_boweezie_,

I am a good scenario designer, and I believe you have never seen some of my work (which aren't released to the public) I would only submit maps that (I predict) would get a review of 4.0 in the blacksmith. I don't submit maps that are incomplete, and are not well polished enough to be released in public.

posted 11-25-01 09:36 AM CT (US)     14 / 22  
trigger trick
get attack bonus for 1 unit

condition: object has target-hero against the unit u want the bonus against.
effect: damage object-unit you have the bonus against

just remember to loop it!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= -

ultimate monk

use the same triggers as above, just make a monk your hero and damage it with a -X

to get a negative number, copy-paste a "-" into the box. Be sure to use the right click copy-paste, tho.

L¤I¤L¤B¤O¤W¤E¤E¤ZI¤E¤

posted 11-25-01 09:46 AM CT (US)     15 / 22  
I was making a scenario before where there was a military base and your units were only allowed in once one of your soldiers had been there here its the trigger i used
TRIGGERS:

1) GATE SHUT
Display As objective: NO
Starting State: ON
Trigger Looping: NO
EFFECT 0 : Lock Gate
EFFECT 1 :ACTIVATE TRIGGER
TRIGGER LIST: GATE DENIED

2) GATE DENIED
Starting State: OFF
CONDITION 0: objects in area ,
(Condition Settings)
OBJECT LIST TYPE: UNITS
OBJECT TYPE: CIVILIAN
SOURCE PLAYER: 1 (CAN BE CHANGED THOUGH)
QUANTITY:1 (CAN ASLO BE CHANGED)
EFFECT 0: DISLPLAY INSTRUCTIONS
TIMER: 5
MESSAGE:<Guard> Nope.......your not getting in unless you have a soldier with you

3) GATE ALLOWED
Starting State: ON
CONDITION 0: objects in area ,
(Condition Settings)
OBJECT LIST TYPE: UNITS
OBJECT TYPE: MILITARY
SOURCE PLAYER: 1 (CAN BE CHANGED THOUGH)
QUANTITY: 1 (CAN ASLO BE CHANGED)

EFFECT 0: ACTIVATE TRIGGER
TRIGGER LIST: GATE OPEN

3)GATE OPEN
Starting State: OFF
EFFECT 0: UNLOCK GATE
EFFECT 1: DISPLAY INSTRUCTIONS
TIMER: 5
MESSAGE:<Guard> Ok ive opened the gate for you, you can come in but no trouble or you will be arrested

ill soon be releasing a simple scenario demonstrating how this can be used.......it is a trigger i thought of by myself and if anyone else has posted this type of thing up before....i did not copy them. if this hasnt been tried before the credit goes to me ok

Far from home

[This message has been edited by Quetzelcoatl (edited 11-25-2001 @ 09:47 AM).]

posted 11-25-01 04:11 PM CT (US)     16 / 22  
Eh, I have too many ideas. Story lines, triggers, map desings. Now I am working on (if you call 2 minutes a day working) on a mission called "The Dwarven Prince" it will be mostly about tunnel fighting as Dwarves vs. Orcs. Most of the map will be in cliffs and small passagess (like a tunnel) with some rocks and underground streams. There will be some music also. I am planing of having a train track for faster trasportantion (I did not think about how thought). Also I am planing to have many, many bonuses to troops. Many secrets, abandoned weapon storages that will give your troops fighting bonuses. I am also planing of having a secret brewery were troops will get stronger (Dwarves enjoyed beer, very, very much) some hermit smiths to make your weapons better. Also I will have great halls were most of the fighting will take place, they will have a defence tower (sometimes a castle depending on the importance) and if that tower falls then the room is lost. Also I am planing to have a unique traning way (you will have villigers but they would only be able to mine). You will need gold to train them. Near every house a villiger will be made (in every 2-5 minutes) that villiger can work or he can go to the blacksmith in the caves and stand by the flag. Then you would be able to choose what job he can take by clicking on the building (barracks-beserker will cost 150g, archery range-archer will cost 50g, and a pavilon (or something like that)-man-at-arms will cost 100). Then by using a trigger the villiger will be removed and the unit you wanted would be selected. Also the bonuses will just have simple triggers of automaticly adding a bonus to the created unit. And last some areas (around castles and a the great Dwarven wonder) will have also fighting bonuses for troops.

ESO- Whitecrow
Rusky wave attacks ftw!
posted 11-27-01 02:37 PM CT (US)     17 / 22  
Im a bit busy at the moment so i wont be posting my gate trigger example at the blacksmith......however if you email me and if i have enough time i will email the scenario to you

Far from home
posted 11-27-01 02:50 PM CT (US)     18 / 22  
um...no idea but does annyone(intelligent)knows how to make a tunnel?

Limp Bizkit rocks !!!
posted 11-27-01 07:23 PM CT (US)     19 / 22  
The closest thing that comes to a tunnel is eather a narrow canyon with cliffs on both sides and only a narrow 1 square pass between them. Or a bunch of rocks on both sides.

ESO- Whitecrow
Rusky wave attacks ftw!
posted 11-28-01 02:52 PM CT (US)     20 / 22  
anny other ideas for a tunnel?

Limp Bizkit rocks !!!
posted 11-28-01 05:32 PM CT (US)     21 / 22  
sry...but, um...I used 2 know you under an zn of mine...I hate u...NEWAYS, BACK TO THE TRIGGER TRICKS!

Teenash like pokemon...

L¤I¤L¤B¤O¤W¤E¤E¤ZI¤E¤

[This message has been edited by lil_boweezie_ (edited 11-28-2001 @ 05:34 PM).]

posted 11-30-01 11:13 AM CT (US)     22 / 22  
WHAAAT!!!??????

Limp Bizkit rocks !!!
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Post Your Ideas Here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames