You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Continuous Screenshot Competition IV
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 72 73 74  Next Page »
posted 02-22-08 04:07 PM CT (US)   

Welcome to the The Continuous Screenshot Competition IV - Now border-lining the status of an institution!

The Original Continuous Screenshot Competitions Around Heaven Games Since 21st May 2006!

______HOW IT WORKS______

So here we are; the fourth thread in what seems like a never ending cycle, and now almost only a few months away from this competition’s second birthday - a pretty big milestone when we consider this is a continuous competition. And yet again I am at the helm of this amazing battleship that is this thread and as Captain I would like to welcome you aboard. Alas, you may cry, that I have at last changed the introductory metaphor from a cold dictator to a sea-fearing captain - however, that cold and cruel dictator still remains and his clunking great iron fist is ready to run another thread. Also, to please those of you who would liken me to a robot - my electronic eyes are watching you

So, to those who are new (I very much doubt it now, but hey lets say this one more time), and I will excuse myself now as this following part will not be original content as I think I did a bloody good job of explaining what happens. Everyone who wishes to enter must take a screenshot that they made which is relevant to the current category, the screenshot can be related to the title literally or abstractly, along as you can give an explanation of why you say your screenshot relates to the category in hand, it goes in, be as literal, creative or imaginative as you like - as long as it related to the category in at least one way!

Ok, so you’ve got your screenshot all in and ready, what happens next? Well after the given time, the time for entrants will be closed, and then people who did not enter can vote for the screenshot they like. After around three days on average, the person with the most votes is the winner, and they chose the next category - which is why it is a continuous cycle!

For more information; click here!

_________RULES_________

• No category may be used twice.
  • You may only enter one screenshot per category.
  • The previous winner cannot compete in the competition he/she set the category for. (For that person would of had an advantage otherwise)
  • In the event that the winner cannot choose the next category a: ”Super Special Bonkers Bonus Round” will happen, this basically means there is no category and any screenshot can be entered as long as it conforms to the other rules.
  • If there is a tie in the voting, the person who picked the category (last round’s winner) will cast the tie-breaker vote.
  • No pasting pictures into your screenshots of anything, period (text is an exception).
  • When it comes to editing your screenshot in a program like Paint, you can remove toolbars/change them to a new border for decoration, but you may not use effects or the program to edit the base of your sceenshot. Any text or effects must not interfere with the screenshot, and these will only be added for presentation, for example giving your screenshot on a wide-screen background would only add to presentation. Voters are reminded the content of the screenshot is what is being voted on, not editing it afterward in a paint program.
  • No mapshots. (In other words, no using a full map shot of an entire scenario/map)
  • No modpacks that add in new unit graphics
  • AokTS, Renaissance and GeniEDn and other forms of data editing is allowed
  • When it comes to data editing you may use it to your advantage when making a screenshot however when it comes to creating and/or unlocking new/hybrid the usage of new SLPs is not allowed.
  • No taking screenshots from campaigns/scenarios that you did not create.
  • This is an open competition. No need to sign up, just post a screenshot that abides to the selected catagory.
  • Screenshots must be made only for this competition. No using screenshots previously taken for any reason. You may, however, take screenshots from your campaign in the works that you have announced, but it must be taken specifically for this competition.
  • Comptition and voting statuses will close at 11:59pm forum time on the designated deadline.
  • The previous winner and the selector of the category MAY vote.
  • If you are participating in the current competition, you cannot vote for fellow contestants. (If this rules was not in place - tactical voting may occur, thus spoiling the system)
  • No editing of your screenshot once it has been posted as an entry for the competition (no editing the content/scenery). However Editing typos/spelling errors in text included with/in your screenshot IS allowed
  • If you are caught trying to make smurf accounts or getting people to sign up to AokH so they can vote for you, and they never post and they only use their registration to give you a vote, you will be disqualified from the week, and for a further length of time based on my discretion . Trying to fix the ballot is a very serious rule, and any attempt to break this rule will have serious consequences.
  • No flaming to other forummers. Criticism of people's work must be constructive
  • Don't whine if you did not win, better luck next time
  • Have fun, and try hard!

Useful Info
  • To take a screenshot, press the "Print Screen" on your keyboard - the picture will be then saved under "Screenshots" in your AoK files (My Computer -> Progam Files -> Microsoft Games -> Age of Empires II -> Screenshot)
  • F11 removes the game time from view

Some image hosters that DO NOT require REGISTRATION:

• http://xs.to/
  • http://imageshack.us/

Some image hosters that DO require REGISTRATION:

• www.putfile.com/
  • www.photobucket.com/

_________Hall of Fame_________

1. Category: City Scene. Winner: PaulC2001 (4 Votes).
    2. Emotional: Corey Barrett (6 Votes)
    3. Exploration: King Bob VI (4 Votes)
    4. Home Sweet Home: Hussarknight (4 Votes)
    5. Indoors: SOK_He11s_Angels (7 Votes)
    6. Hunting Trip: Boosh (3 Votes)
    7. A Royal Caravan: King Bob VI (7 Votes)
    8. On The Edge Of Death: PaulC2001 (6 Votes)
    9. The Last Stand: Surge (2 Votes)
    10. A Funeral: SOK_He11s_Angels (6 Votes)
    11. Back to School: newIdea (6 Votes)
    12. Under Siege: Surge (5 Votes)
    13. Bazaar: Oliver (5 Votes)
    14. The Last Outpost: Dark_Reign (4 Votes)
    15. Next CSC Host: Scud (10 Votes)
    16. Supernatural: Julius999 (7 Votes)
    17. A Carnival: Scud (6 Votes)
    18. The Power of God: Byzan (10 Votes)
    19. Historical Battle: VonCorgath (7 Votes)
    20. An Island: Lord Basse (4 Votes)
    21. The End of The World: NewIdea (12 Votes)
    22. Winter Wonder Land: militia mouse (8 Votes)
    23. The Rescue : Surge (7 Votes)
    24. How I found God: Stephen Richards (3 Votes) (+1 Tie-breaker)
    25. The Meeting: Hussarknight (10 Votes)
    26. On The Run: Stephen Richards (5 Votes)
    27. A Journey into the Unkown: Scud (5 Votes)
    28. War And Peace: Lord Basse (5 Votes)
    29. Dreamworld: matty12345 (10 Votes)
    30. The New World: Scud (7 Votes)
    31. A Castle: Styrophome (8 Votes)
    32. The Tragic Climax: Trebuchet (5 Votes)
    33. The Final Battle: Styrophome (8 Votes)
    34. A Shipyard: Julius999 (6 Votes)
    35. A Murder: newIdea (6 Votes)
    36. April Showers: Colo the Great (6 Votes)
    37. Artillery Position: Julius999 (6 Votes)
    38. Seen Better Days: morgoth bauglir (5 Votes)
    39. Modernization: Julius999 (6 Votes)
    40. The End Of The Road: Styrophome (8 Votes)
    41. Through the Night: Lord Basse (7 Votes) (+1 Tie-breaker)
    42. An Idyll: VonCorgath (6 Votes)
    43. The Crossing: Julius999 (7 Votes)
    44. Town Square: Hussarknight (5 Votes)
    45. An Accident: Scud (5 votes)
    46. Pirates: oliver (6 Votes) {*}
    47. Mirage: matty12345 (6 Votes)
    48. The Crusades: Crusader_7 (4 Votes)
    49. Vikings: Julius999 (5 Votes)
    50. A Monastery: FattyBryce (11 Votes)
    51. The Holy Roman Empire: Lord Basse (6 Votes)
    52. The 21st Century: newIdea (7 Votes)
    53. Water Fall: Jatayu (4 Votes)
    54. The Choice: Jas the Mace1 (7 Votes)
    55. Assault of the Fortress Wall: Julius999 (8 Votes)
    56. Super Special Bonkers Bonus Round: ZayanK (3 Votes)
    57. In the belly of the beast: Cesar Bernardi (4 Votes)
    58. A film spoof: Crossbowman (6 Votes)
    59. Misanthropy: sly_guy (9 Votes)
    60. Shipwreck: Scud (8 Votes)
    61. Crime and Punishment: Crusader_7 (6 Votes)
    62. The Countryside: Jas the Mace1 (3 Votes)
    63. Seaborne Invasion: Fattybryce (5 Votes)
    64. The Phalanx: Scud (7 Votes)
    65. Christmas: militia mouse (4 Votes) (+1 Tie-breaker)
    66. Too Late!: Julius999 (13 Votes)
    67. Just In Time!: Fattybryce (7 Votes) (+1 Tie-breaker)
    68. The Barbarian Invasion: oliver (6 Votes)
    69. Against all odds: Quaazi (4 Votes)
    70. The Triumph Of Science: Jas the Mace1 (6 Votes)
    71. Magic Wins/Loses the Battle: thepunkguy (4 Votes)
    72. The Rebellion: Andanu T (11 Votes)
    73. An Unfortunate Truth: The Black Petard (10 Votes) (+1 Tie-breaker)
    74. Why Everybody Hates Frank: VonCorgath (15 Votes)
    75. Ambuscade!: Andanu T (8 Votes)
    76. What a mess: Julius999 (12 Votes)
    77. Skirmish at the Bridge Lord Basse (15 Votes)
    78. Colonialism: Julius999 (9 Votes)
    79. How Did Jim Really Die?: Styrophome (8 Votes)
    80. Funniest Screenshot Julius999 (7 Votes)
    81. Celebratory Round: HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Julius999 (5 Votes)
    82. Farmland: Styrophome (5 Votes)
    83. The Secret Weapon: Julius999 (7 Votes)
    84. Country Town: Turty (5 Votes)
    85. Planetary Core: Styrophome (5 Votes)
    86. The Mystical Gateway: Andanu T (9 Votes)
    87. Paradise: n8mac (8 Votes)
    88. Olympics: Andanu Trisatya (7 Votes)
    89. Battle Royale: Lord Basse (5 Votes)
    90. The Greatest Love: Thunder77 (4 Votes)
    91. MCSN: Scud (3 Votes)
    92. The Raid at Dawn: Lord Basse (7 Votes)
    93. A Hero Comes Forth: Scud (7 Votes)
    94. The Birth of an Empire: Andanu T (8 Votes)
    95. Prehistoric: Fattybryce (5 Votes) (+1 Tie-breaker)
    96. Dead Serious: newIdea (4 Votes) (+1 Tie-breaker)
    97. Surprise Me: Fattybryce (8 Votes) (+1 Tie-breaker)
    98. Frustration: Andanu Trisatya (6 Votes)
    99. Happy Holidays: Scud (8 Votes)
    100. Never Ending: Jas the Mace1 (4 Votes)
    101. Mini-city: Fattybryce (7 Votes)
    102. Finally: TheLaughingMule (4 Votes)
    103. Festival: YoshiX100000 (4 Votes)
    104. A Fantasia: TheLaughingMule (8 Votes)
    105. Politics: Julius999 (4 Votes)
    106. Oriental: Mapppp (6 Votes)

{*}: (Confusion caused by one vote that did not comply to the rules and was not spotted until a later date. Note; week 47 was not picked by oliver, week 50 was picked for by oliver to make up for this)

107. Relic Competition Status: VOTING
    Closes on: 31st March
    At: 11:59pm (Forum Time)
  • Commander Scipio
  • Fattybryce
  • Elrich
  • YoDaI
  • Figgy - 8
  • TheLaughingMule - 2
  • The Black Petard - 1
  • YoshiX100000
  • Andanu Trisatya - 1
  • Hunnic Paladin

Stat Monkey's Corner: Big thanks to matty12345 for getting this done!
    Weeks 1-24
    Chart I
    Chart II

Past Threads:
    The Continuous Screenshot Competition (Weeks 1-14)
    The Continuous Screenshot Competition II (Weeks 15-35)
    The Continuous Screenshot Competition III (Weeks 46-71)

Affiliates
    AoMH Continuous Screenshot Competition

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
    "Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
    "Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia

[This message has been edited by Scud (edited 03-31-2009 @ 05:51 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 03-31-09 07:38 PM CT (US)     2556 / 2563  
    vote: Andanu
    That little bit of water did it for me, good eye for details.
    I hope you'll return, all the best!

Figgy's is cool but he forgot to design the top right corner. Such things poke me in the eye and spoil the cool idea

Elrich, I am surprised to see you here, funny entry!

Mule, very nice as always, but the typo pokes me, too, especially as text edits are allowed...

posted 03-31-09 08:40 PM CT (US)     2557 / 2563  
    Thanks for pointing out the typo - I had not caught it.
    *red face*
    posted 03-31-09 09:11 PM CT (US)     2558 / 2563  
    Matty made new ones - but I've lost the post and he is unwilling to link me to the post or give me the images....so blame him
    Technically, anyone of us could go back and find the post. And I actually made the statistics, so it is a matter of principle that you should do it. Now quit trollan me

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
    posted 03-31-09 11:24 PM CT (US)     2559 / 2563  
    Emotional violence aside, I kinda agree with Andanu's li'l outburst, but what bugs me more is how the artists among us keep being drowned out by the quazi-humorous, cliche-wielding masses just looking to visually represent a time-battered groooaner or two. I mean sure, it's funny 'n and all, but where is the heart?
    That said, Figgy, I thought your screenshot was amazing and probably could have won even without the humor points. (Not that I'm saying the joke wasn't funny either. It was hilarious. [no sarcasm intended; easy to misinterpret such things over the internet ])
    And also a couple of style points to Elrich for Most Underappreciated Screenshot. Sure, the design could have used some work (the swordfish jumping into the mountain kind of irked me), but I really liked the concept and the little caption that kind of set off the whole thing like something from a Far Side comic strip. (Just looked at Andanu's, too, and I thought that one probably also deserved more credit than it got.)
    Well, I guess that's my little oration (typation?) for the day; I'll go ahead and close by thanking YPLegend for that one token vote that always swoops in at the last possible moment to save me from total humiliation. You token-voters will always have a place in my heart.

Devoted blogger (now with working link!)
    I am quite possibly the 2nd
    165th
    2,118,454th
    4,102,427,119,263rd best person ever.
    posted 03-31-09 11:45 PM CT (US)     2560 / 2563  
    Maybe its time to have an AgeToons2 screen shot contest and keep this one for the serious designers? You are never going to get anything but humor (and typos) from someone with my name.

As a "new" member of the community, I feel sorta like I've been doing something wrong here, missing the point so to say. I had hoped to add to the interest, not detract from the contest's real intention.

Also I appreciate people's comments - they help me push to be a better map designer.
    posted 04-01-09 01:07 AM CT (US)     2561 / 2563  
    I'm assuming I won (yay), but sorry for all the mess it's caused. The next topic? Hmm...how about Reunion

Names not accepted: Faggy, Figsack, Fagsack, Fig Newton, Figgy Pudding, Figris, Figtree, Figgius, Figaro
    I'm sure more are to come
    posted 04-01-09 03:06 AM CT (US)     2562 / 2563  
    Congrats Figgy, well diserved.

The Wall

coming soon
    posted 04-01-09 08:32 AM CT (US)     2563 / 2563  
    Ok guys, let us head over to the new thread, remember this is a continuous competition, so don't delay!

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
    "Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
    "Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 72 73 74  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » The Continuous Screenshot Competition IV
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames