Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Batman Mafia: Protocol Ten Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 11-14-12 07:31 PM CT (US)   

Fifteen figures stood in a room. Of the fifteen, most would happily slaughter, arrest, or otherwise conflagrate with most of the other persons. But this room wasn't real.

This room was the last line of defence for Gotham's digital infrastructure. As the war on the streets played out, the various factions vied for control of cyberspace. The anonymous room was the final test for the hackers who had made it thus far. In this room their identity was hidden, but their IP was visible. Anyone who made a slip-up could be tracked down... providing they were still logged in.

Beyond this hidden sanctuary, Gotham City was at war. After the takeover of City Hall by unknown miltiamen, the "Tenth Protocol Program" had been brought into effect, some four days ago. It gave the GCPD executive powers to ignore the human rights of criminals and perform extra-judiciary executions on street corners. The response was but an escalation of violence.

Who will prevail? Gotham is in your hands.

Batman Mafia is a 15 player game. For the purposes of this game, all DC comics and the "Arkham" video game series will be considered canon.
Flavour is not damning.
The game might contain roles you have never seen before, as well as some you may not have seen for a long time.
The setup has been viewed and approved by Rotaretilbo.
Massclaims: try them if you dare.
All role emails have the same structure:
1. A paragraph of prose outlining the backstory.
2. A few lines describing all game mechanics applicable to that player.
3. "You win with the residents of Gotham City when organised crime has been eradicated." for all town players.
Read the Wiki to get an idea about the setting of the game.

Rules:

My decisions in this game are final.
You are expected to understand and follow the rules.
Email any questions to Popeychops@hotmail.co.uk
Bold any part of your post that you want me to respond to, or I will ignore it.
Dates and times will be given in United Kingdom standard format [(dd/mm/yy), GMT+0]. EST = GMT - 5, PST = GMT - 7.
India = GMT + 5:30

Any random element of the game, such as roles, will be decided using assistance from Random.org

During Day phases, you may speak freely and vote for a person to be lynched, e.g:
Vote: Somebody.
If you wish to vote for another person that day, please:
Unvote: Somebody and Vote: Someone Else.
Giving names when you unvote will help me keep postcounts accurate.

You may not vote for yourself.

The Day phases will continue until a majority of votes have been placed on a single player, or to forfeit. If the day lasts longer than 168 hours (one week) I may end the day without a lynch if activity has slumped.

Night Phases follow Day Phases and will last between 48 and 72 hours, or until I receive every action.

During Night phases, you may not speak freely in the thread. Any posts I consider to impact the game may be punished as I see fit. Congratulatory messages are fine. Strategy discussion is not.

You may not communicate outside the thread, unless your role email permits you to do so.

Inactive players will be prodded and then replaced.

You may quote from your role email as much as you like, but all role emails will be written in the same format and will be of similar length. Anyone can lie.

Editing posts may result in a modkill. You have been warned.

When you are dead, you may not post in the thread beyond "good luck" messages. Failure to comply will result in punishments for your faction.
You may or may not be able to use your night action on yourself.

Follow the CoC at all times.

Have fun!

Presiding over Gotham:

Slartibartfast: Raven, double-iron, single-killing Thief
Matt LiVecchi: Penguin, double-iron, single-killing Ghost
Tadashi: Lark, double-iron, single-killing Doctor

Buried in the Cemetary / Taken into custody:
fr steve: Mr Freeze, single-iron Jailer
SirDante: Batman, quadruple-iron, investigating, roleblocking double Vigilante
SodaMister: Catwoman, single-iron miller Thief
White Champion: Talia al-Ghul, three-shot Vigilante
Possidon: Lucius Fox, Inventor
Mozzarella Man: Alfred Pennyworth, single-iron Doctor
Devestator: Stacy Baker, single-iron one-shot Doctor, one shot Vigilante
CarolKarine: James Gordon, Detective
Dead_End: Robin double irontwo-shot Vigilante investigating, roleblocking double Vigilante
Vox Nihili: Two-Face, triple-iron Serial Unstoppable Binary Survivor
Thymole: Joker, quadruple-iron, double-killing Rolecop
RedHandedJill: Harley Quinn, Noble, double-iron, single-Killing Roleblocker

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 11-23-2012 @ 07:29 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-14-12 07:32 PM CT (US)     1 / 176  
It is now Night 0.
Please send any actions to popeychops@hotmail.co.uk
Day 1 will start when all actions are recieved.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 11-17-12 10:23 AM CT (US)     2 / 176  
I'm still waiting on one action. If it's not done before the end of my Batman film marathon tonight, that person will have abstained.

posted 11-17-12 04:06 PM CT (US)     3 / 176  
The best batman film is The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 (DVD animated film).

Okay, not really. But it's still insanely awesome.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 11-17-12 04:54 PM CT (US)     4 / 176  
I saw that. It was genuinely entertaining.
posted 11-17-12 09:22 PM CT (US)     5 / 176  

Gotham Cable News half-hourly bulletin
11/18/12 2:30 AM

All residents of Gotham City are reminded that martial law is in effect. Any residents out of their homes during curfew hours will be arrested. Resistance will be met with lethal force.

Bringing you our last update before close is our very own Mile Engel.

First up is an addition to our evening coverage of the armed robbery of the Bank of Gotham. While the affiliations of either group of masked gunmen who attempted to rob the city's financial nexus remains unknown, it has been confirmed that one of the two persons wounded during the firefight has died in hospital. Ms Selina Kyle, of Randalph Apts, Parkside, was declared dead on arrival at Gotham General Hospital. The circumstances of Ms Kyle's involvement in this botched robbery is also not entirely clear. We have been informed by sources in the GCPD Major Crimes Unit that Kyle (24), who ran a sanctuary for abandoned felines, has a history of convictions for petty theft and has been investigated twice on suspicion of possessing stolen property.

Sodamister, playing as Catwoman (Selina Kyle), has been killed.
She was a single-iron Miller Thief who won with Gotham City

In related news, the body found around noon yesterday on the steps of City Hall has been identified as Talia al-Ghul, daughter of the eco-terrorist Rā’s al-Ghul. Miss al-Ghul had been liaising with various echelons of Gotham's infrastructure in destroying the heads of organised crime in the city. The professional nature of the hit marks an escalation in the violence that was cited this evening by Mayor Garcia as justification for the enaction of protocol ten.

White Champion, playing as Talia al-Ghul, has been killed.
She was a three-shot Vigilante who won with Gotham City

Lastly, the University of Gotham's cryogenic research wing has been destroyed in a gas main explosion. None of the occupants were hurt, and Dr Victor Fries was found tied to a lamp-post, cursing the Batman. Victor, it seems, was implicated in a plot to hold university staff to ransom. Investigation into these rumours is ongoing.

fr steve, playing as Mr Freeze (Victor Fries), has been arrested.
He was a single-iron Jailer who won with Gotham City

A kill attempt(s) on CarolKarine has failed
A kill attempt(s) on RedhandedJill has failed
A kill attempt(s) on Slartibarfast has failed
A kill attempt(s) on Mozzarella Man has failed

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 11-18-2012 @ 06:14 AM).]

posted 11-17-12 09:23 PM CT (US)     6 / 176  
***BREAKING NEWS***
UNCONFIRMED REPORTS OF BRUCE WAYNE FOUND DEAD

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 11-17-2012 @ 09:23 PM).]

posted 11-17-12 09:26 PM CT (US)     7 / 176  
SO yeah.

we're f*cked.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 11-17-12 09:34 PM CT (US)     8 / 176  

This just in:

Billionaire philanthropist Bruce Wayne has been found dead at his Gotham home. Wearing the distinctive cape and cowl of the "Batman" Gotham city is so familiar with, his death comes at a double loss. Eyewitnesses described a man with extreme facial scarring fleeing from the scene, which was the result of a car chase throughout Gotham's affluent residential area covering the Northeast plateau.

More news will follow once the GCPD release a statement.

SirDante, playing as Batman (Bruce Wayne), has been killed.
He was a quadruple-iron investigating, roleblocking, double Vigilante. He won with Gotham City.
He was required to use all actions on the same target, or none at all. He could not be roleblocked.

It is now Day 1.
With 11 players alive, 6 votes represents numerical majority.

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 11-18-2012 @ 09:20 AM).]

posted 11-17-12 09:55 PM CT (US)     9 / 176  
I know I am just a replacement, but I still have say this:

Wow... that's has to be terrible start for the town.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 11-17-12 09:56 PM CT (US)     10 / 176  
SirDante, playing as Batman (Bruce Wayne), has been killed.
He was a quanruple-iron investigating, roleblocking, double Vigilante. He won with Gotham City.
He was required to use all actions on the same target, or none at all.
Batman doesn't kill >:[

but lol, whatever. Kind of hilarious that Dante was shot five times

In fact its sort of impossible. We likely have a very lucky unstoppable killer. Flavor implies it was Two-Face methinks. Or the Joker, but the Joker has much more noticeable features than facial scarring (and sometimes he doesn't even have any).

Uh... let me think about things quickly... Gotta run in a bit but I have a few things to say that are rather important.
posted 11-17-12 10:01 PM CT (US)     11 / 176  
Anyway... Hm, actually no. I've got something important to do in real life. I'll just start like this...

Vote Vox

You's gots some explainin' to do, methinks, you naughty boy.

Claim and let's start the party.
posted 11-17-12 10:07 PM CT (US)     12 / 176  
Oh wait, batman didn't break the rule. I see... My apologies popey.

Yes so he took out freeze. That makes sense. I'm assuming that the arrested are permanently so?

Also popey, if it says a kill attempt failed on someone, does that mean one and only one kill attempt?
posted 11-17-12 10:39 PM CT (US)     13 / 176  
Initial observations:

Batman killed Freeze with a double shot
Ergo, freeze didn't jail anyone either
An unstoppable probably killed batman
Catwoman seems to have been killed along with someone else (one of the attempted survivors presumably). Any motivators should probably come forward with their target.

At the same time, I think calculating deaths:killers at this point may be fruitless. There's a lot of kills going around but we don't know if more might have been placed on those who died. I don't think we need all town killers to come forward. Sounds risky. This isn't the same as saying we won't plan meticulously.

Also, most of us seem to have at least one shot iron.

Town status seems really hard to gauge. Cat Woman is an obvious miller in good vs. evil, but then you've got Freeze as a pure townie...?

Roles are heavily flavor justified.

Someone familiar with the game should fill us in on likely alignments.
posted 11-17-12 10:46 PM CT (US)     14 / 176  
Damn, what a start. Good luck to everyone!
posted 11-18-12 00:52 AM CT (US)     15 / 176  
Well, good luck.

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
"God damnit, did I just make that an Australian demon?
-Sodamister
"I like my women like I like my English weather: cold and wet." -Henrz
posted 11-18-12 01:08 AM CT (US)     16 / 176  
What a messed up start. Will post in further detail when I actually have a chance to sift through this all (Monday probably). For now, I gotta mention one note on flavour:

Anyone remotely redeemable must be a townie. Freeze is a pretty grey guy, as is catwoman, more so Talia, but all are town.

That's gotta suck to get Bats as your role, see the invulnerability, and then get strongman killed the first night.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 11-18-12 03:21 AM CT (US)     17 / 176  
Why shooting me first night? Good luck guys...

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
Still looking for DANISH, UKRAINIAN, LITHUANIAN and HUNGARIAN voices.
posted 11-18-12 03:34 AM CT (US)     18 / 176  
Christ. That's a crazy number of kills! This game is gonna take some thinking about...

"His name has to be sneezed out" - Aro
"Slobberingbastardfart" - Scud
"Slutty-barf-fast" - Mozzarella Man

You should join I am Jack's Mafia
posted 11-18-12 05:33 AM CT (US)     19 / 176  
Terrible start.
posted 11-18-12 06:10 AM CT (US)     20 / 176  
Wow wow wow!!! WHAT THE...????

Where there just 8 kill attempts?

Ive got the feeling this is gonna be similar to Sarns Mind Screw Mafia trick :O

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 11-18-12 06:13 AM CT (US)     21 / 176  
Guys, please remember to bold all questions to me.
It's not so that I can be cruel and not answer them, but so I can pick out your questions at a glance. If you don't bold them, I might not see them.

@Thymole:
Arresting is identical to a kill in all but flavour. The legal ramifications are not going to be resolved before the duration of this game

I will change the failed kill text to "A kill attempt(s)", since it could be any natural number of kills.

posted 11-18-12 07:22 AM CT (US)     22 / 176  
I'm lost for words by last night. So many kills. This definitely reminds me of mind-screw.

"Then ready yourself Peter Pan, for I am Red Handed Jill"
posted 11-18-12 09:03 AM CT (US)     23 / 176  
vote: vox

thymole appears to have dirt on you. let's have it.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 11-18-12 09:31 AM CT (US)     24 / 176  
Votecount:
Vox Nihili: 2 (Thymole, CarolKarine)

posted 11-18-12 12:16 PM CT (US)     25 / 176  
1. CarolKarine - Hit Once
2. Dead_End
3. RedHandedJill - Hit Once
4. Slartibartfast - Hit Once
5. Possidon
6. Thymole
7. Matt LiVecchi
8. fr steve - Blocked and Hit Twice by Batman
9. SirDante - Hit by an Unstoppable, If Not More
10. Mozzarella Man - Hit Once
11. Tadashi
12. Vox Nihili
13. SodaMister - Hit Twice, If Not More by Unknown
14. White Champion - Hit Once, Probably Shot Someone
15. Devestator

So we have at least 10 shots made last night. Two of them are definitely Batman's fault. One of them is an unstoppable killer who is likely Two-Face. Because there were so many made, I think White Champion probably shot someone too. That leaves 6 shots unaccounted for. I would expect no more than 3 to be scum's.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Batman Mafia: Protocol Ten Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames