Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I am Jack's Mafia: Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17  Next Page »
posted 03-18-13 07:36 AM CT (US)   
I am Jack’s Mafia

This is a mini mafia game with fourteen players.

Living
1. CarolKarine - nickfelstone (at) gmail (dot) com
3. fr steve - steven (dot) mafiodo (at) laposte (dot) net
6. Popeychops - popeychops (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
8. Excelsior Maffia - maffia (at) heavengames (dot) com
10. Ser Periagil - hg (dot) periagil (at) hotmail (dot) com
11. Matt - matt (dot) livecchi (at) gmail (dot) com
12. Herr scragins - ritvikmats (at) gmail (dot) com
13. BF Tanks - jake_anderson_007 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Dead
7. Maffia - maffia (at) heavengames (dot) com - Jack in the Box - Jack of All Trades (Block, Mirror, Denial, Motivation)
2. Devestator - dragonmcmx (at) yahoo (dot) de - Jack the Ripper - Mafia Godfather (one shot iron)
14. Thymole - thymole (at) yahoo (dot) com - Jack Shephard - Doctor
9. Mozzarella Man - pspaperstacks (at) gmail (dot) com - Jack and the Beanstalk - Asker
4. scragins - basebilbo (at) gmail (dot) com - Jack Frost - Jailer
5. Watson - holmeswatson86 (at) yahoo (dot) com - Jack Bauer - JoAT (investigate, rolecop, namecop, watch)

The rules to this mafia game will be pretty conventional. The roles, however, are less so. Most roles will be familiar but trying to predict the set up is (hopefully) going to be difficult. Any unusual roles will be explained in full in the role emails.

The game includes flavour, but any attempts to use flavour arguments against a player are unlikely to succeed (in other words, be prepared for safe fake names and/or names which make townies sound scummy).

Any questions about before the game can be asked in this thread, after the game commences via slartibartfast0000 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Roles have been randomised via random.org.

Day will last until a majority decision is reached. Night will last 72 hours, but there is some flexibility here (I'd rather wait an extra day or two and get all the actions in).

Rulebreaking (including editing your posts) will cost you your vote at the host's discretion - generally I'd like to be lenient and forgiving, because removing votes could sway the game massively.

Please do not quote your role emails; paraphrasing is fine.

Vote in bold, Unvote if you wish to change your mind.

The game will have a night start and will commence once all players have confirmed.

It is Day Three. With eight players alive, five votes make a majority.

"His name has to be sneezed out" - Aro
"Slobberingbastardfart" - Scud
"Slutty-barf-fast" - Mozzarella Man

You should join I am Jack's Mafia

[This message has been edited by Slartibartfast (edited 07-27-2013 @ 01:18 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-28-13 10:04 AM CT (US)     401 / 415  
Interesting, Matt can you tell us exactly what your role Odessa in are you sure it is everyone who targeted, maybe Steve used his action lat night on mole and that could have influenced your result.
posted 07-28-13 10:23 AM CT (US)     402 / 415  
Vote: MattLivecchi

He's completely lying! Remember my claim page 14 :
I am Jack, Reborn! At night, I have to choose a dead pro-town player in order to take his role until the end of the game (it's a one-shot ability). I've not chosen anyone yet, and I surely won't let the scums have the opportunity to know my choice.
My post restriction: I had to include a word beginning with 're-' in all my posts. Check back, and you'll see.
I used my action this night and targeted Maffia, not Mole at all, so it's a 1st lie. I recall you Maffia's actions : roleblocking, mirroring, denying (it means a player who targets another has to choose someone else) and motivating. I was allowed to use one of these powers the same night, and chose to mirror Matt: id est, it's impossible Matt had ever known anything about other players since his fake forensics powers should have targeted himself.

Matt is just playing double or nothing but failed to do it. I can easily prove my role tonight, although I won't need to do it once you see Matt is scum. You see then that I was right to suspect him.

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
Still looking for DANISH, UKRAINIAN, LITHUANIAN and HUNGARIAN voices.
posted 07-28-13 10:37 AM CT (US)     403 / 415  
We only have your word for any of that.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 07-28-13 01:39 PM CT (US)     404 / 415  
Steve, there's really nothing you can do. You played an ok game (I've wanted to lynch you for a while now), but common, that whole defense was silly. If I had got two or three results back from my test, there would be wiggle room. I got one. You've got he mob's kill.

I mean, it's been fairly obvious to me you were scum anyway, for all the reasons I've already listed.

Vigs (Maffia), when steve turns up scum that confirms me. CK is confirmed by Watson, who's now confirmed in death. Scragins is a non issue. BF tanks and Periagil are looking like the last options to me.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 07-28-13 01:44 PM CT (US)     405 / 415  
Oh wait, I just caught what you are saying. If you mirrored me, the only person who has targeted me all game would then be you. So my result could technically be accurate and we could both be town.

But then why would you vote for me? That makes no sense. Why would you call me a liar if you know my supposedly fake result is because you redirected me? That's scummy. My vote stays.

Also, if anyone all game has targeted me, come forward and disprove this quickly.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 07-28-13 03:25 PM CT (US)     406 / 415  
So I'm kinda wit Matt here. And, of course, if Steve is town then Matt is scum (pretty much)

And that's an extremely convoluted defense you got there Steve. If its true, I feel sorry for slarts brain.

Town doesn't appear to have time though.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 07-28-13 05:56 PM CT (US)     407 / 415  
Steve I think your points are quite useless because, they don't justify the vote.
posted 07-29-13 03:39 AM CT (US)     408 / 415  
The hell?! In what way Matt is more trustworthy than me?
We only have your word for any of that.
Because it's not the case for him?

Seriously folks, what can you blame me for? I didn't vote for Devestator? Matt didn't too, but while me I was lurking (of course, that doesn't mean it's true, you'll think), his reasons are more obscure and dubious. I didn't give results before? Normal, I only got Maffia's role this night, while Matt is supposed to be a JoaT since the beginning of the game, and it's only now he gives you a result, and of course, it's a result that harms the one who wanted to lynch him, me.

You say my defense is weird. Do you really think I would need to invent such a twisted action to defend myself if I was scum? I see in advance some people yelling 'WIFOM, WIFOM!' But think about it nevertheless. My action cannot be proven today, but his too. If you trust him more than me, you'll have to argue better than just saying 'I'm with him' or 'Your defense is weak'.

Sure, I was for Scragins n°1's lynch, but I explained why, and you cannot say I was the only one who pushed for his lynch, above all while I clearly said I prefered to see Matt lynched.
If you mirrored me, the only person who has targeted me all game would then be you. So my result could technically be accurate and we could both be town.
What the hell are you saying? I only mirrored you this night, since I had to choose a dead player before. Mirror means the actions you make are mirrored to you. So if we considered your forensics power to exist, it'd mean you saw who targeted you in this game. But of course, I don't even buy you have such power.
But then why would you vote for me? That makes no sense. Why would you call me a liar if you know my supposedly fake result is because you redirected me? That's scummy. My vote stays.
Completely nonsense sentence, obviously in order to gain some time. You're a liar because you say you targeted Thymole while the mirror action I used on you means you must have targeted yourself, and thus cannot be town because townies don't lie like that. That also means to me you're not the scum who killed Watson, so probably their roleblocker if they have one.

Really, there is no reason to trust Matt more than me. Remember than unlike him, my name is proven thanks to Scragins' dream, and is well linked to my role, while Matt's isn't, as I already pointed it out last day. I also recall you he claimed to be a JoaT, while we already had two, now confirmed to be town since they're dead. If ever Matt had to be town, vig me, but I can't see him being so, this lie is too big.

tl;dr : Still read the whole post! You must do the good choice.

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 07-29-13 03:48 AM CT (US)     409 / 415  
I reread what you said Matt. Still, I won't remove my vote. Sure, if your forensics power was to exist, it's be me you should have seen who targeted you. But I don't see Slarti not telling you your action was mirrored. At least, I don't think it's fair.

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 07-29-13 04:54 PM CT (US)     410 / 415  
To be honest, the only reason I've been a suspect this game was the hosting. I voted for Heir because the role emails were written poorly (a confusion I shared with others), my claim was considered weak because my name didn't really make much sense with my role, etc. So I wouldn't be totally shocked if I was mirrored and it wasn't mentioned. Would fit just fine...

Really, this sucks. The mirroring claim is almost too detailed to be fake. I can see us both being town. Problem is, Steve, you're being irrational. Your mirroring CONFIRMS me if anything. As you refuse to see that, I've gotta conclude your lying. Vote stays.

posted 07-31-13 07:52 AM CT (US)     411 / 415  
Sorry, didn't realise day had started again, will read and post thoughts when I get a moment over the next day or so.

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
posted 08-02-13 03:49 AM CT (US)     412 / 415  
Well, seeing that the game is again stalling and since no one seems to follow me, I think I'll just imagine we can both be town. After all, it'd be too bad if I was vigged because you could be a townie.

Unvote

So now, I think we should go for the inactives, Periagil and Tanks. I don't remember Periagil claimed, while I'm now skepctical about Tanks' lover claim: we still don't know who is his lover, and generally, lovers are informed about the person they love (at least, I think it works like that). Moreover, it's perhaps too easy to claim to be called Jill while everyone is called Jack, that sounds too big for me. So I don't know who you'd prefer to look at, but for me, it'd be Tanks.

FOS: BF_Tanks

If none of them shows up, I think we can go for lynching them.

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 08-06-13 07:22 AM CT (US)     413 / 415  
Vote Count:

Steve: 2 (Mr Wednesday and Popeychops)

"His name has to be sneezed out" - Aro
"Slobberingbastardfart" - Scud
"Slutty-barf-fast" - Mozzarella Man

You should join I am Jack's Mafia
posted 09-04-13 06:32 AM CT (US)     414 / 415  
So when will the game be declared dead?

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 09-04-13 04:12 PM CT (US)     415 / 415  
Is Slart active anyways? I don't think I've seen him for a month or so.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » I am Jack's Mafia: Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames