Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Penguindrum Mini Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
posted 07-06-13 11:56 AM CT (US)   
The Takakura house lay empty for the first day in Shoma's life. Kanba had left. Whatever chance they had of cheating Himari's fate seemed gone. And even as Kanba followed the KIGA group to their hideaway, the slender figure of a lone girl strode boldly into the night in his wake. Could Himari save Kanba, or even herself?
The many actors had taken their positions. As the curtain rose, they turned to face the audience in unison. Who would wield the power to break destiny? Whose survival strategy would come to pass, if they are even possible at all?
The bright red of the apple caught Himari's eye. As she beheld it, the first cherry blossom fell from the lifeless trees.

The Bell of Fate tolls...

Penguindrum Mafia is a 15 player game, based on the anime Mawaru Penguindrum (Spinning Penguin Drum).

My decisions in this game are final.
You are expected to understand and follow the rules.
Email any questions to Popeychops@hotmail.co.uk
Bold any part of your post that you want me to respond to, or I will ignore it.
Dates and times will be given in United Kingdom standard format [(dd/mm/yy), GMT+0]. EST = GMT - 5, PST = GMT - 7.
India = GMT + 5:30

Any random element of the game, such as roles, will be decided using assistance from Random.org

During Day phases, you may speak freely and vote for a person to be lynched, e.g:
Vote: Somebody.
If you wish to vote for another person that day, please:
Unvote: Somebody and Vote: Someone Else.
Giving names when you unvote will help me keep postcounts accurate.

You may not vote for yourself.

The Day phases will continue until a majority of votes have been placed on a single player, or to forfeit. If the day lasts longer than 168 hours (one week) I may end the day without a lynch if activity has slumped.

Night Phases follow Day Phases and will last between 48 and 72 hours, or until I receive every action.

During Night phases, you may not speak freely in the thread. Any posts I consider to impact the game may be punished as I see fit. Congratulatory messages are fine. Strategy discussion is not.

You may not communicate outside the thread, unless your role email permits you to do so.

Inactive players will be prodded and then replaced.

You may quote from your role email as much as you like, but all role emails will be written in the same format and will be of similar length. Anyone can lie.

Editing posts may result in a modkill. You have been warned.

When you are dead, you may not post in the thread beyond "good luck" messages. Failure to comply will result in punishments for your faction.
You may or may not be able to use your night action on yourself.

Follow the CoC at all times.

Have fun!

Initiating their survival strategies:
Scragins Thymole mk 3 - Tsubasa Yūki, Jealous Lover
Dementoking Mithril Knight, Yuri Tokikago, Hider Vigilante

At the Destination of Fate:
Slartibartfast - Tabuki Keiju, Jealous Lover
Felix36 - Takakura Himari, Beloved Noble Princess
Thymole - Oginome Ringo, Beloved Fate Diarist
Mr Wednesday - Takakura Shoma, Loving one-shot Iron Roleblocker

Lord Sipia - Takakura Kenzan, Mafia Hitman
Slartibartfast mk2 Thymole mk2 - #3, Jack of All Trades
fr steve - Shirase/Souya, one-shot Iron Mafioso
DAVASTATAR - Esmerelda, Noble Survivor
Greek_Scavenger - Natsume Masako, Beloved Voteless Roleblocker Politician
Dead End - Takakura Kanba, one-shot Iron Cop

Lief Ericson - Sanetoshi Watase, Fabulous Voteless Roleblocker Politician
Chud - Dr. Washizuke, Doctor
RedHandedJill - Takakura Chiemi, Mafia Ghost

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 10-08-2013 @ 01:04 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-06-13 11:56 AM CT (US)     1 / 420  
It is now Night 0. Email any actions to popeychops@hotmail.co.uk.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 07-07-13 03:07 PM CT (US)     2 / 420  
I'm still waiting on 4 actions.

posted 07-07-13 06:19 PM CT (US)     3 / 420  
I have nothing productive to contribute to the night phase, but I had an impulse to post in this thread.

post.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 07-08-13 04:21 AM CT (US)     4 / 420  
Highly suspicious CK. I think we should lynch you immediately. And before morning.
posted 07-08-13 09:02 AM CT (US)     5 / 420  
Fos:
Felix for making a lynch post so quickly. Should lynch immediately.

Jesus HATES you.

I was once a normal Titan but then I decided to be King.
I have 2500 in the fastest splash splash ever. Suck it
posted 07-08-13 10:15 AM CT (US)     6 / 420  
Nuh-uh. Seems suspicious for DementoKing to be so eager to lynch me up, and simply because I was all for lynching a suspicious. I say we lynch him as well on grounds of extreme suspiciousfulness.

Man, I wonder if anyone's going to make it till morning.
posted 07-08-13 12:34 PM CT (US)     7 / 420  
If I modkill someone, they might then be able to replace back in for my missing role...

Don't tempt me and get your actions in.

posted 07-08-13 05:28 PM CT (US)     8 / 420  
I could fill that slot if you don't mind.
posted 07-10-13 12:55 PM CT (US)     9 / 420  
Still waiting on one action.

posted 07-10-13 02:54 PM CT (US)     10 / 420  
Have you emailed the person? Contacted them?

Jesus HATES you.

posted 07-10-13 06:08 PM CT (US)     11 / 420  
Please, what kind of lazy fool do you take me for

posted 07-10-13 07:13 PM CT (US)     12 / 420  
a lazy one.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 07-10-13 08:59 PM CT (US)     13 / 420  
With a need to reply to possibly insulting posts
posted 07-11-13 02:42 PM CT (US)     14 / 420  
As the sun rose over Shinjuku Gyoen, its red light was barely distinguishable from the sky around it. Its reflection in the lake shone a dazzling white as the first security guard arrived for the day. Being the middle of July, some of the staff had called in sick, in the hope of escaping a day of work. They were so short that it wasn't until after they had opened that a visitor would discover the body of the young man. He had been stabbed multiple times in his abdomen. There were no signs of struggle, as if the body had been dumped there.

West Garden High School was awash with rumour and innuendo about the absent teacher. One rumour was that he'd resigned and embarked on a circumnavigatory cruise with his Fiancée, another that he'd kidnapped a middle-school girl and held her to ransom. It wasn't until 9:43 that Shoma Takakura finally received the news from his brother.

Slartibartfast, playing as Keiju Tabuki has been killed.
He was a Jealous Lover who required a specific player dead in order to win with the Town.

It is now Day 1.
8 votes are required to lynch.

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 07-11-2013 @ 05:22 PM).]

posted 07-11-13 02:56 PM CT (US)     15 / 420  
Shouldn't another lover died too?

Jesus HATES you.

posted 07-11-13 03:01 PM CT (US)     16 / 420  
*claps at amazing grammar skills*

Uh, no, i think other lovers die the following night.

Anyways, it isnt such a bad start. Any guilty investigation results?

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 07-11-13 03:11 PM CT (US)     17 / 420  
I would expect the other lover to die the next night.
The night could have been worse at least this means that we no longer have a jealous player who might have pushed for a townie lynch.

"Then ready yourself Peter Pan, for I am Red Handed Jill"
posted 07-11-13 04:16 PM CT (US)     18 / 420  
Hmm, not that it probably matters, but, Popey, can you confirm if that sentence is supposed to be singular or plural? Did Slart need "specific players dead" or "a specific player dead".

Anyway, that's about all the blistering insight I have atm.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 07-11-13 05:23 PM CT (US)     19 / 420  
The description of "Jealous Lover" is now entirely correct.

posted 07-11-13 07:23 PM CT (US)     20 / 420  
My role has little merit left in it (not the lover though). I could claim and do a small amount of good.

Shall I?
posted 07-11-13 08:18 PM CT (US)     21 / 420  
I'm thinking about claiming too, it would help the town a bunch, but the mafia could possibly use my role against the town.

Jesus HATES you.

posted 07-11-13 11:52 PM CT (US)     22 / 420  
So Popey, was Slart a lover in the traditional sense, that he was suicidal if his lover partner died? Or, is the lover part in this case just an explanation for why he was jealous?

Is anyone familiar with the theme's TV show or books? I'm not, but I did read up a bit on the wiki. My guess is that Slart (Keiju) was a lover either with Ringo or Yuri. Shoma could be involved as well if Ringo is in the middle of it all. I'm not sure.
My role has little merit left in it (not the lover though). I could claim and do a small amount of good.
I'm thinking about claiming too, it would help the town a bunch, but the mafia could possibly use my role against the town.
I feel like it's up to you guys. Night 0 didn't give us much information. Perhaps we could wait for the other players to show up and see if they have any information to reveal. If we don't find something to discuss, then one of you guys could claim. Dementor, I suppose your choice to claim would depend on whatever is more important, the information you could give to the town right now or your role itself. If role is more important than the information you could provide at this moment, it might not be a good idea to claim. You'd just paint yourself as a target. Thymole, I think I can trust your judgment on whether you should claim or not.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 07-12-13 03:01 AM CT (US)     23 / 420  
I doubt Slart would have been suicidal as I am not.

I win with the town now.
posted 07-12-13 04:59 AM CT (US)     24 / 420  
Popey, want me to replace that spare slot? Email me if so.

"His name has to be sneezed out" - Aro
"Slobberingbastardfart" - Scud
"Slutty-barf-fast" - Mozzarella Man

You should join I am Jack's Mafia
posted 07-12-13 05:00 AM CT (US)     25 / 420  
^Ignore that.

Confirmed

"His name has to be sneezed out" - Aro
"Slobberingbastardfart" - Scud
"Slutty-barf-fast" - Mozzarella Man

You should join I am Jack's Mafia
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Penguindrum Mini Mafia - Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames