Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Minecraft mafia
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
posted 09-08-14 04:18 PM CT (US)   

RULES:
  • This game is closed communication. Unless the moderator tells you, you can't strategize with other players of this game outside of the game thread.
  • NEVER QUOTE ROLE E-MAILS. Paraphrase, but if you make any kind of direct quote, you will be mod-killed, and/or have you removed from your faction win.
  • NEVER EDIT YOUR POSTS. First time you do this will get you a warning. Second time, you will be vote-less for the day, the third will be a mod-kill.
  • Follow the Heavengames Code of Conduct at all times.
  • Always bold your votes and unvotes, if they are not bolded, they won't count. (Examples: Vote: Mithril Knight / Unvote Mithril Knight)
  • Do not estrategize at night, once a night post appears you may not talk anything gameplay relevant until the next day.
  • Please be active, if you are going to be away more than 72 hours, then inform this via e-mail or in the game thread.
  • Flavor in all the mod posts will not be gameplay relevant, unless explicitly told by the moderator.
  • The moderator posseses the power of the Elder Gods. Avoid conflicts with what the moderator says or you risk being smitten and banished from the world. If you want to point out an error, do it politely through e-mail.

I shamelessly stole these rules from FF6 Mafia.

PLAYERS:

1. Excelsior
    2. Popey
    3. Regan
    4. Blatant
    5. Sipia
    6. Dev
    7. Cud
    8. D_E
    9. Thymole

DEAD:

1. Dead_End, skeleton, town watcher
    2. Thymole, creeper, town suicide vigilante
    3. Popeychops, Steve, mafia godfather
    4. Dementor/Blatant, enderman, town commuter
    5. Regan, enderdragon, town doctor
    6. Sipia, sheep, mafia role cop

REPLACEMENTS:

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
    Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
    double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 09-19-2014 @ 06:40 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 09-08-14 04:21 PM CT (US)     1 / 424  
    DAWN OF DAY ONE

In the dead of night, hoof-falls are heard. bones rattle, and quickly the struggle is over. One pops into a cloud of 8-bit particle effects and drops a bone and two arrows, the other wanders off to hide and graze.

Dead_End, Skeleton, a town watcher, has been trampled to death.

It is day one.

NOTE: on the subject of investigations and alignments:

just so it's clear, the "bad" mods of minecraft are the town, as evidenced by D_E.
    however, alignment investigations return the results:

passive
    neutral
    hostile

passive being town, neutral being third-party, hostile being scum.

I wanted to clarify this, because I at no point wanted to confuse players about this. I'm just using different terminology.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
    Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
    double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 09-08-2014 @ 04:26 PM).]

posted 09-08-14 04:24 PM CT (US)     2 / 424  
    Coming forward as a miller. That is not my entire role.
    posted 09-08-14 04:24 PM CT (US)     3 / 424  
    Trampled to death.... Hm. The mafia has a horse in it? Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't horses a neutral/good mob?

Life is bleak
    My memes are bleak
    Once upon a time
    I ate a lime
    posted 09-08-14 04:25 PM CT (US)     4 / 424  
    Well, first things first, we appear to be dealing with one killing faction. I'd expect 2 against 7, but I think it's possible there could be a survivor.

Millers and survivors must claim today. The sooner the better.

Member of BlackForest Studios
    Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
    and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
    "Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
    "Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
    "You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
    posted 09-08-14 04:25 PM CT (US)     5 / 424  
    On second thought, I take that back. I investigate as hostile. Maybe that's not the same as guilty. To clarify, my role email does not say miller.
    posted 09-08-14 04:27 PM CT (US)     6 / 424  
    I was editing my post to clarify investigations and alignments. refer to the dawn post please!

posted 09-08-14 04:27 PM CT (US)     7 / 424  
    Somebody else say something regarding how they investigate.

The main pic makes me wonder if a sheep is the big baddie
    posted 09-08-14 04:28 PM CT (US)     8 / 424  
    Ok. So... Back to the beginning. I am a miller.
    posted 09-08-14 04:32 PM CT (US)     9 / 424  
    Thymole, as we both know miller is a plausible scum claim so I would like you to name claim early. Just because of deductions made from my role email I think that all roles are directly tied to the name they have. I can not imagine a mob in Minecraft that could be a miller role so I would like you to clarify. Not only that but an early name claim makes it you appear more town aligned(since as scum it would be harder because people can counter claim), and therefore reduce the scum suspicion caused by the miller claim.

I am not requesting the rest of your role though. You can keep that to yourself until you would like to reveal it all.

Life is bleak
    My memes are bleak
    Once upon a time
    I ate a lime
    posted 09-08-14 04:33 PM CT (US)     10 / 424  
    Didn't read CK's clarifying post so some of my wording might be wrong. I still stand by my post though.

Life is bleak
    My memes are bleak
    Once upon a time
    I ate a lime
    posted 09-08-14 04:40 PM CT (US)     11 / 424  
    Very reasonable. I see little point in holding out.

I am a Creeper. I can suicide vig someone at any time.

A hugely probable role to be in a minecradt game, and a great linked role. I believe I should be believable for now. Doesn't make sense for a scum to have this role.
    posted 09-08-14 04:42 PM CT (US)     12 / 424  
    I wanted to ask for millers first! >( With both Popey and Thymole in the game, that would have been my only good point!

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
    posted 09-08-14 04:45 PM CT (US)     13 / 424  
    No, you don't get to say what's believable and what's not. You're the one under "pressure." Even I know that!

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
    posted 09-08-14 04:49 PM CT (US)     14 / 424  
    Thymole, how do we know you're aren't a mafia hitman? You'll investigate the same as one both to an alignment cop and a role cop by your own admission. You can't prove the caveat to your role without dying. All you have to prove yourself is the flavour.

Are you definitely a miller? Are you informed that you are a miller?

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
    "Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
    "Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
    "You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
    posted 09-08-14 04:53 PM CT (US)     15 / 424  
    Because I explode and die. A suicidal attack is of little use to scum and it only makes sense for a creeper to die during the attack.
    posted 09-08-14 04:54 PM CT (US)     16 / 424  
    passive
    neutral
    hostile
    Hostile to whom? The minecraft player character?

posted 09-08-14 04:55 PM CT (US)     17 / 424  
    Because I explode and die. A suicidal attack is of little use to scum and it only makes sense for a creeper to die during the attack.

We only have your word for that. Fakeclaims are a thing.

posted 09-08-14 04:58 PM CT (US)     18 / 424  
    It's true I can't prove much but I have the following.

1) I demonstrated being told I investigated hostile without knowing for sure if that meant scum. A very trivial meta game but worth noting that a scum would not do this (geniuinely)
    2) creepers are the face of minecraft. A hugely probable role to appear
    3) perfect flavor unison.
    4) It's unlikely that I would come forward as a miller in the first post of the game if it were not the truth. Again, a meta game, but worth noting.

Circumstantially it's quite good. Mostly on points 2 and 3. I will not defend 1 or 4 further
    posted 09-08-14 04:58 PM CT (US)     19 / 424  
    Thymole, you're much too smart for me to let you get away with this. Your logic is that you are claiming suicidal vig and therefore must be town. This doesn't hold, because the only way we can know that you are telling the truth is if you make an additional kill attempt and die. Ergo, we cannot know you are telling the truth unless you die. And if you are lying, we will never see the extra kill attempt to catch you out.

posted 09-08-14 05:00 PM CT (US)     20 / 424  
    ircumstantially it's quite good. Mostly on points 2 and 3. I will not defend 1 or 4 further
    It's not. Flavour is less confirming than proof of role, which in turn is less confirming than proof of alignment. That's the most shaky justification for not knowing which alignment you were claiming I've ever heard.

posted 09-08-14 05:01 PM CT (US)     21 / 424  
    If you want to accuse me then you almost certainly have to approach from the angle that I am not a creeper. If I am not a creeper, then it must be a safeclaim. Just some food for thought.
    posted 09-08-14 05:02 PM CT (US)     22 / 424  
    In a flavour game I always provide multiple safeclaims to the scum, a mixture of major and minor characters. Just some food for thought.
    Are you definitely a miller? Are you informed that you are a miller?
    Answer, please.

posted 09-08-14 05:03 PM CT (US)     23 / 424  
    I investigate as hostile

The word miller is not used but the explanation is given
    posted 09-08-14 05:05 PM CT (US)     24 / 424  
    How does it being a possible safe claim save you? I don't feel you're necessarily lying (at least, not right now), but I don't get that point. Please explain.

posted 09-08-14 05:08 PM CT (US)     25 / 424  
    Thymole, my problems with what you've posted so far are not at all to do with flavour or the likelihood of your role. It's your behaviour: assuming that you can speak for the rest of the town in asserting what is believable and what is not. Excelsior is absolutely right. It is not for you to tell us what we find believable and what we do not.

It's approaching 11pm, so I'd like to see a rolecall of everyone posting at least once after this.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Minecraft mafia
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames