Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Rageofempires passes away
posted 10-26-15 06:36 PM CT (US)   
Hello. This is Mohan's father. I think you might know him as Rageofempires, but I'm not quite certain. Well, I knew he was on this website once, so I was checking out the website to find out a place where I can inform others about this terrible event.

My amazing son, Mohan, has passed away.

He had a cerebrovascular disease. Also known as a stroke. One day when I was coming home from work, I was informed by cell phone that he was in the hospital. If I had only known what was to come. Sometimes I feel like I did a bad job raising him, but it's nobody's fault. Mohan never told me about any symptoms, and as of 10/21/2015, a beloved friend of you all, and my great son, has passed.

We moved to America around 2001, but Mohan actually stayed in India to attend a military school, and stayed in India to be taken care of by a close friend of mine, who offered to provide basic needs for Mohan. Almost like a stepfather, I suppose. He came to America in 2013, when we were eager to see him. In India, I didn't know he had been exposed to technology, and he talked to me about a new game known as Age of Empires. Mohan showed me a lot, and grew a huge addiction towards this game, almost as he had played it every second of the day.

For his 8th birthday in 2004, we sent him a package of the game, which he requested himself, and we (my wife and I) had no idea what was happening. My friend was wealthy and had a computer, a Windows XP. Mohan played on it every day after classes. One day he skipped school and wasted all day (on a day of an exam) playing this game. But I knew he loved history, and world history was his suit.

I wanted to keep it short but I keep having memories, but at last I will join him in heaven. He was too young to pass.

Rest in peace, Mohan. I am a very proud father.

(8/29/97 - 10/21/15)
17 years of age.

Hey I'm back

[This message has been edited by Rageofempires (edited 10-26-2015 @ 06:43 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-26-15 06:46 PM CT (US)     1 / 21  
Ouch.

I didn't know him personally myself, having just joined this community not too long ago, but this is the type of thing that shouldn't happen to anyone, especially one as young as your son was.

You have my condolences. May he rest in peace.

[This message has been edited by Elder Terrier (edited 10-26-2015 @ 06:47 PM).]

posted 10-26-15 06:46 PM CT (US)     2 / 21  
I may not reply to this post for a while. But I was searching through this website to find something. I searched posts by Rageofempires so I could see what Mohan had been up to, and I see a lot of posts named Special Topics. I can only wonder what has happened in them. I am not too computer savvy though. If anyone can shed some light on this, that would be greatly appreciated

Hey I'm back
posted 10-26-15 06:47 PM CT (US)     3 / 21  
Also thank you Elder Terrier. It does mean a lot. Thank you.

Hey I'm back
posted 10-26-15 06:53 PM CT (US)     4 / 21  
Not a problem.

I do remember him posting a few times, but I cannot remember what they were about. I'll see if I can find them...
posted 10-26-15 07:00 PM CT (US)     5 / 21  
Whoa. An unexpected turn of events.

My condolences, mister. May your son rest in peace.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 10-26-15 07:24 PM CT (US)     6 / 21  
This is really sad to hear. May he rest in peace, my condolences you have my support.

I have found these three posts from him in the general and strategy discussion forum if that can help.

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
posted 10-26-15 07:35 PM CT (US)     7 / 21  
On behalf of all the staff I would like to offer sincerest condolences for your loss. You have my sympathies, as I personally know how it feels to attend the funeral of a loved one who died so young.

Mohan's topics were rather special, because he always carried this aura of enthusiasm. His character will live long in our memories.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 10-26-15 07:41 PM CT (US)     8 / 21  
You have my sincere condolences, sir. May Mohan rest in peace.

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 10-26-15 07:49 PM CT (US)     9 / 21  
At Halloween it's tradition that we change the site layout to some kind of parody, though as far as I'm aware there were no plans for this year. If you'd approve, I could try to change the site banner to a memorial.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 10-26-15 07:57 PM CT (US)     10 / 21  
These are indeed unortunate and unexpected tidings, I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 10-26-15 08:24 PM CT (US)     11 / 21  
My condolences. I don't pretend to know Rageofempires at all, but it is always tragic when someone who shared in this unique community is taken away. Best wishes in this hard time.
posted 10-26-15 08:58 PM CT (US)     12 / 21  
Indeed.

Well, I did a search and I found this thread that Rageofempires started. Though initially a quiz thread, it was in this thread that a forummer named CarolKarine made a suggestion to put up a census thread (although I believe he also mentioned it in the at-the-time-ongoing Splash Splash, as well), and then posted it later that day. And I bring this up because it was in this very same thread that I made my very first post - 6 months to the day, in fact.

So, indirectly anyways, your son was the reason I signed up for this forum when I did.
posted 10-26-15 09:03 PM CT (US)     13 / 21  
I'm sorry to hear that I liked him and his threads. they/he was funny.

@elder terrier - thanks for reminding me about that thread. I'll added it to Splash Splash: The Archives

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 10-26-15 09:32 PM CT (US)     14 / 21  
I revisited this post and I must say, I greatly appreciate your support and wishes. It helps me get through these tough times. Sometimes I felt like I never knew my son. I should've made him move to America with us so we would bond more. But it's alright. At Popeychops, it would be sweet idea for memorial theme, but it's alright if it doesn't happen. Otherwise, I approve of it. To many others, I might visit this more and maybe get into some AOE myself, since I have some absence from work due to this obstreperous event. I must thank you all, and I hope you all achieve your dreams with minimum sorrow, and have an amazing, prosperous life. It brings me to tears when I post this on the laptop my very own son touched only a few days before his passing. If only he could still be here.

Hey I'm back
posted 10-27-15 01:08 AM CT (US)     15 / 21  
My condolences, good sir. Your son was an amazing forumer.

Search results for raoe's threads

"Seriously, if human stupidity could be used as a source of power wed already be a class-III civilization and our rockets wouldve reached Andromeda by now."
« Cliffs! (4.5) »

["The prequels were great. They had some unironic high moments, laughable low points, and a cornucopia of memes. The sequels are just porridge and white noise." -Some internet rando.]
posted 10-27-15 03:40 AM CT (US)     16 / 21  
My condolences. I can't say I knew your son particularly well, but it's still sad to see him pass away, and at such a young age.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
posted 10-27-15 04:34 AM CT (US)     17 / 21  
Always sad to have a child pass before their parents. You, sir, have my deepest condolences.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 10-27-15 06:21 AM CT (US)     18 / 21  
My condolences. I've always seen your son in some way integral to the forum, and his passing is major blow to the Town's Crier, I think.

posted 10-27-15 11:01 AM CT (US)     19 / 21  
My condolences.
posted 10-27-15 01:09 PM CT (US)     20 / 21  
My condolences as well. He will be much missed by our community.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 10-27-15 03:48 PM CT (US)     21 / 21  
My condolences to you and your family. I didn't know Mohan personally, but I'm saddened to hear that he passed away at such a young age.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Rageofempires passes away
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames