Devastator
Berb
FletchSorensen
Rasta
Stratz
MicDav
InquilineKea

MrMew

Yo what up all. Do you think there'd be much use for having a discord channel for AoKH or nah? I could easily set one, have it run according to Heaven rules, stick in the mods, fly home. Idea, seeing discord is the hip thing currently.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday

[This message has been edited by MrMew (edited 01-02-2017 @ 01:58 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-14-16 04:59 AM CT (US)     1 / 39  
I don't see an issue with that but somehow i doubt it'd see much use considering the Skype group usage

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 10-14-16 05:39 AM CT (US)     2 / 39  
What is that? Can you eat it?

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
posted 10-14-16 07:43 PM CT (US)     3 / 39  
*sniff, sniff*

Ew. I don't think so. Smells like a mixture of gear oil and stale beer. Looks like it has the thickness of gear oil, too...
posted 10-14-16 07:51 PM CT (US)     4 / 39  
You say original things.

posted 10-14-16 08:05 PM CT (US)     5 / 39  
Ah, yes. For the beauty of language is the ability to craft it to suit one's own desires. It can be a benefit, but also at the same time a nuisance.

EDIT: And it also helps I know what both gear oil and stale beer smell like. Ugh. I'm going "" just thinking about it...

[This message has been edited by Elder Terrier (edited 10-14-2016 @ 09:07 PM).]

posted 10-15-16 05:15 AM CT (US)     6 / 39  
I guess it won't hurt to try it, but as MH said we already have the skype group chat so I don't see any clear advantages it would give.

Btw I don't think you're in the skype group chat MrMew, I can add you if you want.

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
posted 10-16-16 00:32 AM CT (US)     7 / 39  
I'm truly humbled by how fast this thread was taken off-topic. Discord has different features to Skype, allowing for a different setup, some other communities I know of are using it.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
posted 10-16-16 07:31 AM CT (US)     8 / 39  
Sure, I use it myself for chatting with SA Rocket League people. I just meant that I find it unlikely that there'd be enough long lasting chatter to truly justify an AoKH channel

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 10-17-16 02:23 PM CT (US)     9 / 39  
If you can easily set this up then please do so MrMew, I'll join it and we'll see how it goes from there, if people start using it or not.

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
posted 10-17-16 05:25 PM CT (US)     10 / 39  
Indeed.

posted 10-18-16 05:12 AM CT (US)     11 / 39  
Here's a link to the channel:
https://discord.gg/4M3DgqS

Currently it's very basic, and a few changes and settings need to be made.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
posted 10-18-16 07:58 AM CT (US)     12 / 39  
Joined.

posted 10-18-16 12:56 PM CT (US)     13 / 39  
Same

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
posted 10-27-16 07:44 PM CT (US)     14 / 39  
Could a mod please change the name of this thread to AoKH Discord Channel.
I'll add the members who've joined in the original post, I'd embed the who's online status, but it doesn't work in forum posts here.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
posted 10-28-16 02:38 AM CT (US)     15 / 39  
Done.

posted 12-26-16 09:48 PM CT (US)     16 / 39  
Well the channel has grown a little, I see it potentially as an AoKH extra bit that can engage a little more of the AoE II community that doesn't frequent the forums. The forums however is still the main place for everything. So to make an official inauguration of the AoKH discord channel did you want to organise a game sometime?

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
posted 12-27-16 02:58 AM CT (US)     17 / 39  
I joined the discord (Pineapple Prince) and I'm down to play anytime! You'll have to deal with me being absolutely terrible at it though.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 12-27-16 04:32 AM CT (US)     18 / 39  
So I put some possible dates and times on the discord channel to vote for I'll put that here to.
(1) 30th Dec
(2) 6th Jan
(3) 7th Jan
A. EST: 2:30 PM/GMT 9:30 AM
B. EST 4:00AM/GMT 11:00PM
C. EST:8:30AM/GMT 3:30PM

Please 'vote' on what option suits you best eg: if you wanted 2:30PM EST on the 6th it would look like: 2A
Give us a message if they're all bad times for you.

EDIT:
Also we'll have to decide whether we're playing CD or HD or having two games on playing each

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age

[This message has been edited by MrMew (edited 12-27-2016 @ 04:33 AM).]

posted 12-29-16 04:44 PM CT (US)     19 / 39  
If I ever join the channel, my name will be Kataphractos.

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
posted 03-26-17 09:02 AM CT (US)     20 / 39  
If I ever join the channel, my name will be Kataphractos
Hey! Why is my nickname so popular with other people?
posted 07-29-17 09:31 AM CT (US)     21 / 39  
This thread deserves a bump.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 07-29-17 10:42 AM CT (US)     22 / 39  
I remember fiddling with Discord a while back with John to get ME3 chat to work, but... yeaaaaaah.

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 07-29-17 10:46 AM CT (US)     23 / 39  
I've heard people talking about this and how convenient it is constantly, but I've yet to try it myself.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
posted 07-29-17 12:43 PM CT (US)     24 / 39  
Trust me, it's much easier than a skype call. You just open up a room called "MEETING NAO" and chat with allcomers

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 07-29-17 01:10 PM CT (US)     25 / 39  
But will Helper serenade us?

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » AoKH Discord Channel
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames