Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Vote Vote II: Twelve Angry Forumers
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 19  Next Page »
posted 10-19-18 07:13 AM CT (US)   
Welcome to the political discussion thread!

• Any discourse about politics is welcome here, provided that it takes place within the bounds established by the Code of Conduct.
  • Please remember to be cordial to your fellow forumers despite the passion doubtlessly pumping through your veins.
  • Try to stay near the top of the argument pyramid.

Proceeding with the above in mind, the debate is now in session. You may begin your argument when ready.

• "Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
    --Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
    --Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
    Replies:
    posted 10-19-18 07:14 AM CT (US)     1 / 455  
    ...In the interest of democracy, I hereby provide the forum public with a choice. Do you prefer this thread or Blatant's? Vote now on your phones!

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
    posted 10-19-18 07:40 AM CT (US)     2 / 455  
    Now it's a runoff!

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
    posted 10-19-18 08:19 AM CT (US)     3 / 455  
    Donald Trump should bring back battleships!

(We need boats here too to keep it even)

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    posted 10-19-18 08:48 AM CT (US)     4 / 455  
    Do you one better: Spaceships.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."

posted 10-19-18 10:50 AM CT (US)     5 / 455  
    I like this one better

Member of BlackForest Studios
    Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
    and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
    "Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
    "Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
    "You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
    posted 10-19-18 11:27 AM CT (US)     6 / 455  
    A vote for this thread is a vote to end poverty and world hunger! And for world peace! And to cure cancer! I mean, not that we'll be able to do anything about any of those issues, but those are ideals we support. In spirit.

posted 10-19-18 11:55 AM CT (US)     7 / 455  
    So Popeboat vote votes his boat boat vote vote to this Vote Vote?

I actually am caught between them.

posted 10-19-18 01:50 PM CT (US)     8 / 455  
    Vote: Vote Vote II: Twelve Angry Forummers

Sorry Blatant.

Now, where were we? Anti-immigrant douchebags are douchebags?

posted 10-19-18 07:42 PM CT (US)     9 / 455  
    Nah I like this one better too, it has more seats. Plus world peace!

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    posted 10-19-18 08:32 PM CT (US)     10 / 455  
    Hot take: world peace is impossible; only avoidance of world war is feasible.

Also...

So, pissed on world peace. Ruined Christmas. So, let's talk about Brexit. <_<

Popey, as a staunch Remainer, what is your take on the Remain campaign? Because I see a lot of other Remainers, who are understandably pissed, but they say that the campaign was utterly inept.

posted 10-20-18 01:00 AM CT (US)     11 / 455  
    ...But have you ever told someone to go to Somalia if they don't like government overreach?
    Yes, I have. It's the best response to libertarians

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
    Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
    posted 10-20-18 01:38 AM CT (US)     12 / 455  
    Popey, as a staunch Remainer, what is your take on the Remain campaign? Because I see a lot of other Remainers, who are understandably pissed, but they say that the campaign was utterly inept.
    About right. All the campaigns on the Remain side were woeful.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
    "Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
    "Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
    "You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
    posted 10-20-18 01:43 AM CT (US)     13 / 455  
    The thing is, it's over now. We're fighting over different issues: what should the deal be? Should it be ratified by a second referendum with an option to remain?

The campaign for the latter is much more powerful and I suspect that it will get a majority in the House of Commons. But whether it will then translate into an actual referendum is another matter because only a government can call them.

posted 10-20-18 02:13 AM CT (US)     14 / 455  
    Would that referendum be binding (i.e. the government has to do what the results say) or non-binding?

posted 10-20-18 04:16 AM CT (US)     15 / 455  
    What should be done about the Jewish Question?
    posted 10-20-18 08:36 AM CT (US)     16 / 455  
    The campaign for the latter is much more powerful and I suspect that it will get a majority in the House of Commons. But whether it will then translate into an actual referendum is another matter because only a government can call them.
    I was under the impression you were opposed to a second referendum. Or have things been so utterly shambolic that it really does necessitate a complete do-over?

As an outside observer with no direct stake, I do find the idea of a second vote to be... not quite dubious, but perhaps a third cousin to it? On the other hand, well... Prohibition was a mistake and absolutely should have been repealed sooner. The electorate can make mistakes and/or be mislead.
    Would that referendum be binding (i.e. the government has to do what the results say) or non-binding?
    Another valid point.
    What should be done about the Jewish Question?
    And which question is that? Do tell!

posted 10-21-18 02:21 PM CT (US)     17 / 455  
    Unless legislation is passed explicitly making it so, no, it would not be legally binding.

[This message has been edited by Sinochud (edited 10-21-2018 @ 02:22 PM).]

posted 10-21-18 03:19 PM CT (US)     18 / 455  
    So it's a massive public opinion poll.

posted 10-21-18 03:23 PM CT (US)     19 / 455  
    You do nothing to dissuade these views and then post in ways that only reinforces them.
    The dialogue these days is so poisonous, but it's okay. I think most conservatives have come to peace with the fact that if you disagree on any issue, your character will immediately be assaulted with charges of xenophobia.
    I do think though that you lack nuance.
    Well, I'm not really interested in getting into a nuanced conversation on the internet. Any nuanced position requires that the members of the conversation are more or less on the same side. Anything I say in this thread is just ammunition that will be twisted and used against me. I don't even have to mention any specifics and people accuse me of xenophobia.
    That's a fair position, but it doesn't mean abortion can't be discussed in a reasonable manner by people who ideologically disagree with each other.

Well, I disagree. It can't. I've seen it discussed, and it always ends in a terrible shit show of people throwing the vile insults at each other, especially on the internet. People are starting to realize that at some point you cannot reconcile two worldviews that are antithetical to each other.
    posted 10-21-18 03:41 PM CT (US)     20 / 455  
    This isn't OD, and you're not Civis. I'd say six days out of seven, we can have a decent, civilized conversation across the aisle.

posted 10-21-18 08:23 PM CT (US)     21 / 455  
    Well, I'm not really interested in getting into a nuanced conversation on the internet. Any nuanced position requires that the members of the conversation are more or less on the same side. Anything I say in this thread is just ammunition that will be twisted and used against me. I don't even have to mention any specifics and people accuse me of xenophobia.
    Regardless of this thread in particular, it's obviously not true that the idea that you can't have nuanced conversation with someone who isn't 'on your side'. I can think of nuanced conversations with people that don't disagree with me I've had personally.

posted 10-21-18 08:40 PM CT (US)     22 / 455  

Kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa y u do dis rossiya kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa niemy no kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa kurwa

posted 10-21-18 09:03 PM CT (US)     23 / 455  
    Yeah, Hillary needs to stop and step aside. Then again, who exactly is there for democrats that isn't a senior citizen? Michael Bloomberg recently changed his party affiliation to democrat and there's been strong rumblings about him running, but I'd rather we not have another businessman as president.
    Anything I say in this thread is just ammunition that will be twisted and used against me.
    Disagreeing with you != attacking you. All you're saying in your post is that you don't want to have to defend your positions

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
    Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
    posted 10-21-18 10:10 PM CT (US)     24 / 455  
    I'm telling you... her cultists will see her in the White House if it means her putting a pantsuit over bones and articulating her skeleton with pulleys and cable.

posted 10-22-18 03:30 AM CT (US)     25 / 455  
    Moff place don't spam Polish swearwords

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 19  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Vote Vote II: Twelve Angry Forumers
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames