You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms - Dev Blog #5 Posted!
posted 09-25-15 02:25 PM CT (US)   
Back again, with dev blog #5! Read the full post here at ForgottenEmpires.net

This blog should be sure to draw some excitement from the folks over here, as it provides a little more insight into the campaign development process. Scenario designers, enjoy!

Here's another screenshot for your viewing pleasure: Behold - an enemy fortress is under siege! As always, feel free to post your thoughts and comments below!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
Replies:
posted 09-25-15 04:02 PM CT (US)     1 / 18  
Last but not least, your voices have been heard! The African Kingdoms expansion will feature English voice acted campaigns!
And the first DLC?
posted 09-25-15 04:21 PM CT (US)     2 / 18  
More Build and Destroy campaigns ? Well... If it's what the majority wants...

But on the other hand the African building set looks simply amazing, better than I imagined !

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
posted 09-25-15 08:35 PM CT (US)     3 / 18  
Very nice looking buildings and I like the new trees also.Only thing that I don't like is how the stable horses look somehow they look different from the original to me.

Anyone notice the UU units?they seem to be throwing swords.
posted 09-25-15 10:37 PM CT (US)     4 / 18  
Yeah, I was reminded strongly of the scimitar throwing guys from the Arabian levels in Crash Bandicoot

USA
katsup or mustard
posted 09-26-15 00:08 AM CT (US)     5 / 18  
i doubt they will spent more money in the first DLC, you also can read in the dev blog that just english is supported, i personally dont care much about the campaigns so it doesn't count if i buy or not, im more intrested if the units will stick with the aoe style or not - in FE most of the new changed units looks to 3D.

Edit: but buildings are well done ! fits good to aoe.

[This message has been edited by gag2000 (edited 09-26-2015 @ 00:08 AM).]

posted 09-26-15 00:59 AM CT (US)     6 / 18  
The Mali uu looks fine to me it dosent stand out different from the normal units,wonder how the cavalry units will look.

Im assuming we are going to get african huts as scenario editor buildings

[This message has been edited by Mahazona (edited 09-26-2015 @ 01:17 AM).]

posted 09-26-15 05:06 AM CT (US)     7 / 18  
Thank you guys! Indeed the quality from the graphic team improved, if i may say so myself.
For those interested if AoF will get graphical updates, you can check this banner(the picture at the top): https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/3mdbch/age_of_empires_ii_hd_dev_blog_5_african_campaigns/

Btw did anybody notice the camel in the castle age stable?
posted 09-26-15 07:01 AM CT (US)     8 / 18  
So those are not horses?No wonder they looked odd to me.
Since you guys are redoing some of the units perhaps one unit can be made to have both standing parts and charging graphics?
posted 09-26-15 08:19 AM CT (US)     9 / 18  
In the feudal age stable(first screenshot) they are all horses, but in the castle age stable(second screenshot's bottom left corner) there is a camel sticking out .
to have both standing parts and charging graphics?
?
posted 09-26-15 10:44 AM CT (US)     10 / 18  
And the first DLC?
Only for the 2nd DLC sadly. The whole reason AoF doesn't have them is because those campaigns were not designed with voice acting in mind. The sheer amount of text and the whole design style don't lend themselves to voice acting :/
posted 09-26-15 11:22 AM CT (US)     11 / 18  
@todler You can give 2 idle/standing positions to one unit and 50% of the time the second animation will appear.There is a second walking animation that is more like a charging graphic used by the wolf.Its very simple to do this just give a graphic id to the empty box in front of the walk/idle parts.
posted 09-26-15 09:09 PM CT (US)     12 / 18  
For a shadow on the wall. Is it fixed? and if there is no more detailed information at the release?.

posted 09-29-15 12:07 PM CT (US)     13 / 18  
Only for the 2nd DLC sadly. The whole reason AoF doesn't have them is because those campaigns were not designed with voice acting in mind. The sheer amount of text and the whole design style don't lend themselves to voice acting :/
Would there be any way for us to motivate Microsoft into supporting such an update?
posted 09-29-15 12:24 PM CT (US)     14 / 18  
Would there be any way for us to motivate Microsoft into supporting such an update?
It would require us to update and rework most of the older scenarios which isn't very feasible.
posted 09-30-15 09:42 AM CT (US)     15 / 18  
Perhaps it will be up to the community and the fans to do voices for the AoF campaigns.

AN EVIL TONGUE IS A MAN'S BANE.
(The above poster is right, did you know that?)
Proud associate of Monsoon Studios
posted 10-01-15 00:19 AM CT (US)     16 / 18  
Perhaps it will be up to the community and the fans to do voices for the AoF campaigns.
Even if people made the voice clips you will still need to edit the campaign thing just to add it.

I always thought having some generic voice files would be useful for many scenario makers.Eg war cries,horses charging,rain fall sound. soldiers shouting things like fire,charge,attack.forward,fall back etc.
posted 10-07-15 05:09 PM CT (US)     17 / 18  
Believe it or not, you actually got me a little excited with that blog post. The buildings look nice, and the campaigns promising. I'm quite interested in the story of Sundiata Keïta, and I've always preferred B&D over FF or RPG, and greatly missed voice acting in the AoF campaigns... which leads me to 1 problem though: What about other languages than English?

And those scimitar throwers quite remind me of early AoK dervishes.
posted 10-08-15 10:25 AM CT (US)     18 / 18  
The other languages won't be voice acted.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » News Discussion » Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms - Dev Blog #5 Posted!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames