You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Something fishy going on...
posted 05-12-03 01:58 PM CT (US)   
I noticed something in the New Reviews section... There are 3 multiplayer maps reviewed by the same person, someone going by the name of Jewkiller, who uses Netscape.net for email. One of these maps is by Herr Coatl, who also uses Netscape.net for email.

His map was rated 5.0 with ROX TEH BOX as the review. The two others were rated 1.0 with either SUX or OMG FIRECORP IS A N00B!!!!11!!1 style reviews.

This seems to me to be extremely dodgy.

Anyone else noticed this?

Replies:
posted 05-12-03 02:02 PM CT (US)     1 / 18  
I did. The reviews will probably be removed by the mods and regarding the name Jew Killer I mailed AngelSpineman some hours ago.
posted 05-12-03 02:05 PM CT (US)     2 / 18  
Ok, good to know that.
posted 05-12-03 02:26 PM CT (US)     3 / 18  
Yes, actually that happens a lot more, it's just that the admins are diligent to correct people who forgot that we take reviews seriously, or in some cases to just plain delete obviously biased reviews. If you see reviews like that, it's best to just be able to contact admin via an instant messenger, so as to quickly inform them of the problem. But yeah there are a few smurfs still "taking the time" to pop up in aokh...
posted 05-12-03 02:33 PM CT (US)     4 / 18  
Sad but true.
posted 05-12-03 03:12 PM CT (US)     5 / 18  
I figured the name alone was enough for a ban...

[This message has been edited by Dark_Warrior_1_ (edited 05-12-2003 @ 03:30 PM).]

posted 05-12-03 03:29 PM CT (US)     6 / 18  
Indeed. The man himself appears to be German, too...
posted 05-12-03 04:38 PM CT (US)     7 / 18  

Quote:

The man himself appears to be German, too...

This is as bad as the name of the smurf.

[This message has been edited by Tanneur99 (edited 05-12-2003 @ 04:39 PM).]

posted 05-12-03 06:10 PM CT (US)     8 / 18  
Hi guys,

The prohibited comments have been removed.

Crasher:
You're correct in that it does happen often, and more than some might realize. Thanks Crasher for pointing that out.

Mechstra:
Thank you, and please know that any inappropriate use of the Review feature is removed as soon as possible.

DW:
You may write to Angel staff about offensive member names.

Most of the time, these individuals usually do not stay long after they realize that their comments will be removed immediately at every Blacksmith Moderating session, that occurs several times a week. Luckily, these kind of individuals usually possess extremely short attention spans, to compliment their other issues.

Thanks again everyone.

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 05-12-03 08:03 PM CT (US)     9 / 18  

Quote:

Luckily, these kind of individuals usually possess extremely short attention spans, to compliment their other issues.

I've noticed that as well. I wonder why that is...

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper

[This message has been edited by The Adder (edited 05-12-2003 @ 08:04 PM).]

posted 05-12-03 09:29 PM CT (US)     10 / 18  
I saw one author boost his own work a few times in the comments section as someone else,, i don't believe he was aware that his name was also appearing with the comments. Someone else was quick to point it out to him . Some people are always blowing their own horn, feeling that it will give them quick glory.

Some of the smartest people i have ever known are the ones that
admit how little they know. Au?

posted 05-12-03 09:37 PM CT (US)     11 / 18  

Quote:

You may write to Angel staff about offensive member names.

Or you can convince him to post here and let ol' Aro deal with him.

Sounds like a smurf to me.

Angel Aro
Age of Kings Heaven Angel | Empires Heaven Angel
Events:
posted 05-12-03 10:16 PM CT (US)     12 / 18  
What is this, do you really have nothing better to do than insinuate I'm making those ridiculous reviews?
Why would you find it impossible that two different people have an E-mail address at Netscape.net?
Do you really think I'd "Smurf" over something I worked so hard on?
If I wanted to be cheap I'd just click the download button on my scenario until it had an impressive amount of hits, or make elaborate reviews -- instead of something so obviously joking and fake.

The idiot making those reviews is apparently trying to help me, but is doing the opposite.
Why would someone go through so much trouble to piece a theory together about the similarities between the creator of a very detailed map and a moronic review anyway? Who cares, the administrator will delete the reviews, done and done. You don't need to try and pin it on me like you have any proof whatsoever.

Can an administator please check the IP used to make those reviews and verify it's not even the same as mine, so that way they know I'm not quite that low?

P.S.: I checked this thread while browsing the forum hoping someone was reviewing my scenario, has anyone checked it out yet?! Opinions?

posted 05-13-03 02:23 AM CT (US)     13 / 18  

Quote:

Frankly, Herr Coatl... what are you trying to say, or achieve with that one? No matter what, it's not very smart - especially if you want to convince people not to see any connection between you and people/handles such as "Jew Killer."

Quote:

GAAH! I AM INSANE WITH ANGER!!

It shows.

posted 05-13-03 03:46 AM CT (US)     14 / 18  
Exactly, Ingo. What I meant by 'the man himself appears to be German, too...' was that he is German, and has a name like Jew Killer for a smurf, and his location is Nazi Germany.

This reminds me of when iNtRePiD reviewed his own map...

posted 05-13-03 07:55 PM CT (US)     15 / 18  
Is that all? You know, there are people that would use "jewkiller" as an alias besides a "German" -- you mean "Nazi". You're telling me if I didn't have a German sounding name, there would be no connection? What about American rednecks and Muslims?

My location? Oh, maybe it means I'm a total anti-semite who has a shrine dedicated to Adolf Hitler and I have a nice lampshade collection, or maybe it means I sarcastically typed that because I didn't want to say where I was.
Maybe I'm one of those angry teenagers who thinks they're repressed and stated where ever I live is similar to Nazi Germany. Maybe it fits the first thing that popped up in my head when I chose Herr Coatl as my screen name since RagnarokCoatl was taken (I had a previous AOKH account a long time ago and had long forgotten anything to do with it, like the password.)

What is this, Nazi Germany? Where some ignoramus (for the lack of a better word, and the cuss filter) makes some reviews and I'M the one blamed for it? I didn't make them, and I had nothing to do with them. Besides, like I said above, if I were going to fake some reviews I would have done a much better job, with an inconspicuous name, and a real review to attract people into downloading it.

DONE?!
Now stop scrutinizing me, the only person that should even care about those reviews is an administrator. Who should have banned Mr. Jewkiller after his first review, so that way "I" couldn't "Smurf" anymore.

While I'm at it, Jewkiller seems to be a better reviewer than any of you, especially since he actually REVIEWED something. Plus his reviews are pretty instructive.

Quoted from jewkiller:

Dooo!d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 it si leik SOOOOOOO leet!!<br />
<br />
doood leik A plus plus plsu ++ plus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />
<br />
o n kill teh jews man

Quoted from jewkiller:

DO00!D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 NO!!!!!!!!!!<br />
WHY YOU DOIN' THIS TO TEH MOD!??? YOU STEPPIN TO MA LEET SKILLLLLS???? DIS RACISM. U HATE TEH WHITES!!1!!! U H8R. STOP DRINKING UR H9RERADE. YA U KANT STEP 2 DIZ.<br />
<br />
1MOD tried stepping to MA L32T skillz n got PWNED.<br />
1 guy bitchslapped TEH MOD leik a JEW in AUSCHWITZ! ya,

Quoted from jewkiller:

Do00dzor I am told you TOO NOT STEP TOO THIS!111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U DUN WANT NONNE OF MY ÜberHAX man ill send U a virus!1!!! when i find out who U r ill go n beet u leik a JEW!!!1!!!!!! i like cheese.<br />
<br />
P.S. to teh DUMASS mod -- plz dunt step n delete diz cuz it took me 2:13 hours to find the Ü and learn how to type it as i no unerstanding teh copy pastzors!1 ya. dumb. mod shaith. ya,

Quoted from jewkiller:

ROX TEH BOX.

It sure does!

I'm not going to bother trying to explain it any further, maybe an admin could check and see that the person who did make those reviews is an entirely different person, on a different computer, with a different ISP, and probably doesn't live in Nazi Germany.

posted 05-13-03 08:21 PM CT (US)     16 / 18  

Quote:

Muslims

Point being?

posted 05-13-03 09:02 PM CT (US)     17 / 18  
There are Muslims that don't like Jews, just like every other kind of human being? Why you wouldn't understand what I was trying to say is beyond me, do you people come here purposely with the intention of looking for some sort of conflict or midunderstanding?! This forum is for AOK scenarios, RIGHT? Christ, just drop it already, I was merely using it as an example. It's not like I saying "Oh, all those evil Muslims hate them Jews!"

In conclusion, it appears Jewkiller has "pwnd" us, since his meager actions have caused some sort of an issue, which is retarded to bother caring about anyway. Let it go. instead of having this utterly POINTLESS thread, we all could have just ignored it, since there was no harm done to ANYTHING! (Except my personal image, oh wait.. what image?)

Now this time, seriously, I'm not posting on this thread anymore.

The end, la fin, das ende.

posted 05-14-03 05:02 PM CT (US)     18 / 18  
I believe you Coatl, for what it's worth.

But you have to understand that all we see is a bit of similarity, so we naturally ask questions. Not pointing fingers, no, just saying that you had the smurf could be a possibility...

And if I could advise you on one thing, I would say that if you are to make a valid defense, I wouldn't use sarcasm (referring to when you quoted all his bad reviews.) It's hard for us to discern what you actually mean.

Anyway, if you request a review in the sticky topic here, (or did you already?) then I'm sure that people would be happy to review your work.

Sincerely,

-crasher

[edit] Yes thread closing would be good. We shouldn't quibble over someone who, as Anastasia pointed out, lacks an attention span and does not deserve any more attention other than a deleted review. Good point.

[This message has been edited by crasher (edited 05-14-2003 @ 05:05 PM).]

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Something fishy going on...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames