Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Blacksmith
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 06-01-11 01:40 AM CT (US)   
This thread is about the Blacksmith. For review requests please visit here. Please post your suggestions, helpful comments, topic proposals etc. here. Alternatively, you can send a mail to Mashek@heavengames.com regarding relevant issues to the Blacksmith. I will update this thread regularly with new topics, information and progress.

BLACKSMITH NEWS

Download recommendations of the last twelve months per year
Please post your suggestions

1/1 In Cliff - City Wall by Hawk_Adongct the cliff is replaced by a giant stone wall and new gates that can be converted by any invading force make a great new addition to the editor

12/31 Oriental shield king by Hawk_Adongct is the year's last mod pack and a great depiction of an Asian unit, wielding a large shield and spear
12/1 It's 24 days until Christmas and Basse will be releasing one eye-opening scenario every single day until the joyous moment in Basses Advent Calender
11/30 DirectDrawFix by scripter64 will resolve the colour incompatibility issue AoK has with newer Windows operating systems. A must download for those of you tired of seeing the green and red colour distortion
10/20 The latest update for the Age of Vampires by Khan Ivayl brings a dark and gruesome mod pack to your scenario editor. Impaled bodies decorate the exteriors of buildings and vampires and werewolves were never so scary until now
9/9 The Successor returns to the war-ravaged lands of Ravenia, a land without a king and occupied by the greedy Fanarians. With an epic story and hours of game play, act one promises to deliver the start to a thrilling trilogy by panel
8/23 Revolution disrupts the once Gwyndlegard-occupied territory of Rockspring, and Immanuel, our hero from the sequel, becomes caught up in the crossfire by Lord Basse in the Rockspring Revolution
8/17 - 10/9 18 quality entries for your enjoyment in the Pretty Town Contest 2011
6/13 The hour of Teridar is at its nigh as the countryside lurches under the relentless hoof beats of a dark and menacing horde from the north. In this multiplayer by Storm Saxon, you play as one of four countries and must band together to halt the enemy’s drive south. Will you survive the onslaught?
3/13 The Light Axeman by Dave3377 is a great new addition to your barbaric tribe
2/12 This Unit Pack by Derfel Cadarn, author of the Age of Chivalry, brings the opportunity for modders to use the great additions such as the Flemish Pikeman and Genoese Crossbowman in their own projects
2/6 to 5/1 Ten new and exciting entries harbouring a diverse range of themes in the Mini-game Contest 2011
2/5 Promising fresh and exciting role-playing experience, the prelude to Cherub Rock by Trisatya will intrigue RPG fans
1/27 Dark, poignant and beautifully-presented, Sebastien's unforgettable tale of a haunted samurai is without doubt an amazing viewing. The designer makes good use of the EEE mod, with plenty of devices and sound effects that amplify the viewer's experience and sense of realism in The Last Samurai: Blood Memories
1/24 The new spearman brings more uses to the editor by Dave3377
1/1 This parodied saga is another humorous cinematic entry by Lord Basse and one cannot help but smile or threaten to laugh-out-loud with the range of content the author has put together, as well as appreciating the good use of music and sound effects that compliment the viewing. Download My Fair Princess here

8/21 Follow the tale of two unlikely heroes in the spin-off scenario from Gwyndlegard the Epic Adventures of Marvin and Rob by Lord Basse
6/26 Gwyndlegard lies broken under the heavy tread of Queen Xaphira's troops and a sergeant's single act of compassion one evening will spark rebellion throughout the rabble of provinces. Play the epic scenario with over five hours entertainment in Gwyndlegard by Lord Basse
5/18 Discover new realities after ten years of Age of Kings in Invisible Object by truedew12
5/15 See-saw backwards and forth across the old Somme battle-plain with riflemen, machine gun squads and tanks after the Spring Offensive grounds to a halt in Der Graben by andymok
3/11 Time reveals the crumbling tops of a once great kingdom, and a wandering traveller seeks answers in the hauntingly poignant cinematic The Spirit of Alessia Prologue by Sebastien
2/22 War threatens the borders of Ravenia, the king is dead and a son vies for revenge in the engaging cinematic The Successor – Preview by panel
1/14 The results are finally up for the Mini-game Contest 2009, and 16 entries, exploring a plethora of themes, awaits you

12/15 A count's dark past is brought to present as an old enemy invades his homeland in Blood of the Bear by Mashek
12/13 Explore the labyrinthine city of London and survive the zombie horror in the latest update Silent Evil: Winter Edition, a collaborative effort by Popeychops and Tanks_fst
11/15 Retake South-Western Africa from the Portuguese with Ana de Sousa Nzinga Mbande in African Lamentation by Rat del desierto and submission to the Historical Scenario Contest
11/09 Follow the ronin Tsubasa in an epic role playing game in the already five-star-rated scenario Tsubasa's Tale by Night Conqueror
11/02 Over 500 new units in the EEE Mod by Tanks_fst
11/01 Test yourself with the Latean Project by Turty, where an alternative reality, numerous trials and unique game play will really entertain you
10/29 Caught between two invading armies, defend your small town in this fun and intense game, Caught in the Crossfire by Lord Basse
10/08 (updated 11/09) Four friends band together to save Utara from the relentless onslaught waged by Qlifrak in Jengar's Quest by Jecon
10/07 Play your favourite scenarios in black and white or sepia in the innovative mod by Jatayu. Scenarios set in the past or in a noir-style atmosphere have taken on a whole new look
10/03 Epic, challenging and well-designed, defeat the invaders from Crevatska in A Call to Arms by Julius999
09/07 Dark Clouds Above England gather, and England is once more divided by war, in Julius999's submission for the Historical Scenario Contest

POSTING REVIEWS

To avoid any unnecessary discussion about reviews before they’re even approved by a staff member at the Blacksmith, we have thus decided to automatically hide a review once it’s posted. Please be patient as the Blacksmith is moderated daily by Mashek and Turtov, at the start and end of any day, so you can expect your review to appear generally within 24 hours. If the review however takes longer to appear check your email as there might be something wrong with it, in which case a mail will have been sent to you.

AUTOMATIC E-MAIL NOTIFICATION FOR BLACKSMITH SUBMISSIONS

Our services include an automatic e-mail notification for comments and reviews posted for your submission. If you wish to receive e-mail notification for comments and reviews, you should update your forum profile to turn download notifications on. To do this, select My Account from the top left-hand side of the screen, login with your password, then select the Yes, I wish to receive notifications from the downloads system option underneath your e-mail address. Save the changes.

MANDATORY VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS

Even if you chose to hide your e-mail address from the public by selecting the email option from My Account, you still need a valid email address for staff members to contact you. If you are contacted by a staff member regarding your submission/comment or review, you will see [Blacksmith Moderation Mail] or [AOKH DL] in the header. If you receive one of these mails, please reply to the sender as soon as possible. The general rule is that if there is no reply in 2-3 weeks the submission/comment or review will be removed. Please keep your email address up-to-date and be sure to check it every now and then.

MISSING SOUND FILES

You can submit files to the Blacksmith downloads server of up to 48 Megabytes. This was not always permissible due to limitations with the server and however over the decade many designers linked their sound files from external links to their submission at the Blacksmith. Unfortunately, as days come and go and years pass by, many of these links have become broken and we need your help to restore these submissions. Below, we've written a list of all the known files with missing sound files. If you find while reading the list that you have some of these files from a past download please post here and send them to Mashek@heavengames.com. Likewise, if you find a submission with a broken link, please let us know so that we can list the file here and hopefully find a solution to bring the file back up to date. Thank you.

Revised Demo of The Legends of Mazer by Night Conqueror
Missing custom sounds which were by E-mail request at Gioc007@msn.com

The Tale of Minothar Preview, by AoK Dragon Team
Missing three sound packs, which were here,
http://www.geocities.com/rodrigo_hdt/TToMsounds1.zip
http://www.geocities.com/rodrigo_hdt/TToMsounds2.zip
http://www.geocities.com/rodrigo_hdt/TToMsounds3.zip

Gunnar from Hlidarende - chapter 1, by Gurto
Missing two music files, which were here:
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/gurto/Gunnar-_music.zip

The Norman Conquest of England, by Cherub Loco/SCN Punk
Missing the Custom Soundtrack which was here,
http://www.scnpunk.com/stuff/Norman_Music.zip

Titulus Invadere, by SCN Punk Team
Missing Music Pack of 13,2MB which was here,
http://scnpunk.heavengames.com/aokpunk/?projects/invasion/download.shtml

Winterland, by Enrique Orduno and King400
Missing Sounds which were here,
www.scnpunk.com/stuff/Winterland_sounds.zip

The Four Relics of Fire - Remade, by Zanzard Lothar
Missing three choices of music, which were at the author's website.

Running Man, by SCN Punk
Missing Sound Pack of 5MB which was here,
http://www.scnpunk.com/stuff/Running_Man_sounds.zip

Where we have Arrived, by Angel Shadows
Missing sounds, which were here,
www.scnpunk.com/eepunk/EXT/Sounds.zip

Blacksun Series by The Kestrel
Missing sounds and music of 5.7MB were here:
http://silasb.tripod.com/BlacksunMusics.zip
I found all sounds on an old computer, I update soon.

Heroes of the Three Kingdoms, by Tsunami Studios
Missing the custom made Mod Pack, which was here,
http://scnpunk.com/tsunamistudios/H3K_mod.zip

FILES RESTORED

05/31/09 Final Fantasy VIII - Introduction by IVIeTaMoRpHoSiS. Thanks to sissi and Andanu Trisatya the submission now includes the music file.
08/11/08 Heroes of the Three Kingdoms, by Tsunami Studios. Thanks to AnastasiaKafka and Tonto_Simfish, the submission includes the 10 music files. Still missing the custom Mod Pack.
08/10/08 Wrath of The Dark Lord (Bug Fix v1), by Dark_Warrior_1_. Thanks to cat, the submission includes the three music files.
06/16/08 Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, by StG_Phoenix. The download includes the sounds now.
06/15/08 Moses, Liberator of the Hebrews, by Lighthouse Creations. The link to the 4MB music pack works again.
04/02/08 Attack at Dawn by crasher. Thanks to Tanneur99 for the update of the 21 sound files that were missing.
11/29/06 Bouren v1.5 by Tonto_DaVe. Thanks to Tanneur99 for the update of the 73 sound files that were missing.

THREAD HISTORY

The previous Blacksmith Administrator, Tanneur99, hosted this thread until 2009 when I took over. For archive reasons, you can find the thread here.

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 11-16-2012 @ 03:32 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-01-11 01:49 AM CT (US)     1 / 87  
I thought I'd clean the thread up a bit and post it under my own name. I was getting tired of having to edit Tanneur's.

Plans for the near future include featuring more new and exciting files (especially those that have appeared in the last few months while I was away), and a banner for the thread. However, my paintshop pro skills are sorely lacking (not to mention the program itself!) so if anyone can think of anything I'd really appreciate it. It doesn't have to be fancy, anything simple would be fine.

Also, feel free to nominate a file that should appear in the Blacksmith News. I won't be able to name all the recent gems out there as I no longer moderate files, but I'll do my best to check what's out there.

[This message has been edited by Mashek (edited 06-01-2011 @ 01:55 AM).]

posted 06-01-11 03:07 AM CT (US)     2 / 87  
Give a link to the old threads maybe?

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 06-01-11 09:32 AM CT (US)     3 / 87  
posted 06-02-11 04:01 AM CT (US)     4 / 87  
Would Basse's Runescape RPG or Joshua's The Prince, the Sword, and the Gems be worth featuring in there?

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 06-02-11 05:26 AM CT (US)     5 / 87  
I recently found several bugs in Runescape RPG, but it's still playable. IMO, it's been quite some time since I released Runescape, so Joshua's the PSG would be better, even if it has some bugs that needs correction.
posted 06-07-11 02:49 PM CT (US)     6 / 87  
Yeah, Josh seems to be MIA. I've read the comments and a lot of people are talking about bugs so I have yet to play it. I hate it when I have to restart the whole thing again because a certain bug stops the game prematurely.

~
[My Dropped RPG Project | Keltos - RPG] [My Finished Games | MGC09 - Where Am I + MGC11 - All For The Horse + Puzzle Racing] [My Current Project | Defense of The Towers]
~~~
A RPG Scenario You Should Play | Tsubasa's Tale | Another RPG Scenario You Should Play | IceQuest
posted 06-07-11 03:29 PM CT (US)     7 / 87  
posted 06-07-11 03:48 PM CT (US)     8 / 87  
Perhaps the winner of the MGC? Tetsuo Shima will hopefully be finished judging soon.

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 06-07-11 04:45 PM CT (US)     9 / 87  
Yes, if you featured ALL the MGC entries it would a bit confusing.

Man, Dann, you sure did wipe the... flor... with him on that one! BAM! OOO! ~ Aro
posted 06-07-11 05:39 PM CT (US)     10 / 87  
No Just say this

The Minigame Contest 2011 has now finished. Check out all the entries in the Blacksmith.

Use the link given.
posted 06-14-11 01:56 AM CT (US)     11 / 87  
Thanks guys for the comments, I'll take a look at Josh's PSG.

Possidon's correct, I'll just link to all the entries.

Two new BS News entries:
6/13 The hour of Teridar is at its nigh as the countryside lurches under the relentless hoof beats of a dark and menacing horde from the north. In this multiplayer by Storm Saxon, you play as one of four countries and must band together to halt the enemy’s drive south. Will you survive the onslaught?
2/6 to 5/1 Ten new and exciting entries harbouring a diverse range of themes in the Mini-game Contest 2011

[This message has been edited by Mashek (edited 06-14-2011 @ 02:07 AM).]

posted 06-14-11 08:33 AM CT (US)     12 / 87  
Just got back from a weekend trip; will be going through Blacksmith files shortly.
posted 06-14-11 11:17 PM CT (US)     13 / 87  
posted 06-16-11 01:18 AM CT (US)     14 / 87  
New thread's looking good, Mashek. Just try to not be AWOL like the previous host, will you.

____IN FLAMES____
WE TRUST!

StormWind Studios | BlackForest Studios
posted 06-16-11 09:26 AM CT (US)     15 / 87  
I'll try not to, mate. Good to see you're still alive and kicking.

EDIT: By the way, I'm about to write a review for Cherub Rock in the hope that it will motivate you in some way to finish it.

[This message has been edited by Mashek (edited 06-17-2011 @ 00:15 AM).]

posted 06-20-11 09:34 AM CT (US)     16 / 87  
You sure? It's too short of a demo to deserve a full, detailed review which I believe is your expertise.

Although I suppose I could benefit from any form of motivation I'm able to get. Hence a review is very much appreciated. I might someday be able to finish a single project out of dozens I've got planned in mind.

____IN FLAMES____
WE TRUST!

posted 06-22-11 11:22 AM CT (US)     17 / 87  
posted 06-22-11 11:28 AM CT (US)     18 / 87  
New BS news update:
2/5 Promising fresh and exciting role-playing experience, the prelude to Cherub Rock by Trisatya will intrigue RPG fans.
posted 06-23-11 06:51 AM CT (US)     19 / 87  
Thank you, Mashek. You've managed to lift my spirit up a tad.

____IN FLAMES____
WE TRUST!

posted 06-23-11 10:18 AM CT (US)     20 / 87  
posted 07-26-11 01:06 PM CT (US)     21 / 87  
Just plowed through the past week's worth of new uploads.
posted 08-01-11 03:08 AM CT (US)     22 / 87  
Good work Turty.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 08-10-11 00:08 AM CT (US)     23 / 87  
Not bad.
posted 08-14-11 12:21 PM CT (US)     24 / 87  
In case anyone's wondering, I went through the last ~13 files queued.
posted 08-14-11 08:13 PM CT (US)     25 / 87  
I had a look at the old gmail this morning and instantly shuddered at the amount of comments and files that had built up over the weekend. Good stuff getting onto all the files mate.
posted 08-15-11 09:55 PM CT (US)     26 / 87  
I still don't understand why 'Campaigns' and 'Single Player Scenarios' are separate.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 08-16-11 12:20 PM CT (US)     27 / 87  
Tradition? And because of the hassle it would be to move all the files together and add a scenario count of 1 (if that doesn't go automatically) to 2,600 files. And, from a downloader's perspective, it would be good to know if what you're downloading is a big, long campaign or just one scenario.

Personally I wouldn't object very enthusiastically against bunching them together though.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 08-16-2011 @ 12:24 PM).]

posted 08-16-11 12:33 PM CT (US)     28 / 87  
Imo it's better having them seperate for Basses exact point... sometimes you like to play just a quick scenario or look for that one map. Other times you want a campaign. Mixing them together would mean searching for what you want takes longer, and also inreases the list of rated files, meaning less get played or updated over time.
posted 08-17-11 06:19 AM CT (US)     29 / 87  
First PTC Entry?

I thought all entries would not be approved before the deadline

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-17-11 09:06 AM CT (US)     30 / 87  
That's... weird. I didn't even touch anything.
posted 08-17-11 09:48 AM CT (US)     31 / 87  
Ahhhh, that'd be my fault. I was completely off in my own world this morning, going through a few of the uploads. I assume you've already hidden the file then Turty?
posted 08-17-11 11:46 AM CT (US)     32 / 87  
Aye, I did.
posted 08-20-11 06:39 PM CT (US)     33 / 87  
Aww, i was hoping to look at that... Mine will be up as soon as the final draft is pooped out of my head.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 08-20-11 10:30 PM CT (US)     34 / 87  
I already downloaded it. *Steals ideas*
posted 08-21-11 03:03 AM CT (US)     35 / 87  
@Stroke.aka. Maya () So have i but i didn´t look at it yet.

Should I?

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » The Blacksmith
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames