You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Your works of art.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90  Next Page »
posted 08-09-13 07:15 AM CT (US)   

We all love AoC. Why else would we be here? Why else would you be reading this thread?
With the seemingly less projects dominating the 1st page of SD&M, whether it be your work is not far along enough to post in the "Current Projects" thread, or even to have a thread of its' own. Why not give us a snippet of what you're working on?! Campaigns, Scenarios, Mods, anything!

It could be your big project, a side project, if you're just kicking back playing an RM or MP game or your favourite Campaign.
Even just messing around in the editor or Poser? I would love to see your raw works, or what you're up to in the world of AoC. Think of it as an "Instagram" for Age of Empires.

Take a screenshot of whatever you're working on (or playing with) in the editor or modding program, and share it with the community. No editing required to get rid of the editor's menu or your cursor, no theme, no voting. Just the sharing of...
Your works of art.

Need a place to host your images?
No registration needed-
Image Host+Imgur+Tiny Pic

Registration needed-
Image Shack+Photo Bucket+Flickr

Enjoy!

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 04-27-2016 @ 12:38 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-09-13 07:16 AM CT (US)     1 / 3137  
I guess i'll start

Not a current project or anything, just bored and playing in the editor.

posted 08-09-13 07:54 AM CT (US)     2 / 3137  
I was working on a project where a pirate named Brown Beard (represented by William Wallace) raided the coast of Italy for the "Sacred Relic of the Sun". It was going to be cool IMO but then I saw some threads on scenario design and thought to myself "This will be no where good as these ones." so I kind of gave up. I still have it somewhere but I cant figure out where my screenshots are in AOC, but I can find them in FE. So now I just play some great scenarios from the blacksmith.

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ )¬,|¯ (¬ /-\ |\| |/¬ |\| | (¬ |-| --|--
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀ You're gonna eat lightnin'and you're gonna crap thunder. - Mickey Goldmill from Rockey II
posted 08-09-13 08:09 AM CT (US)     3 / 3137  
What a sweet text.

This is one of the ideas I am currently playing with:

Click to enlarge.
posted 08-09-13 08:17 AM CT (US)     4 / 3137  
what is it? looks like an expansion pack like what Furik and the other guys are doing.

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀ You're gonna eat lightnin'and you're gonna crap thunder. - Mickey Goldmill from Rockey II
posted 08-09-13 08:23 AM CT (US)     5 / 3137  
Great idea and gorgeous screenie, D_R! FYI in UserPatch you can place all those objects off-grid if you press "ctrl+s" once, and you can toggle completely free placement of all objects (except for walls) if you press "ctrl+s" a second time.

@John: Cool idea, I'd be interested to see what else you come up with

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 08-09-13 08:34 AM CT (US)     6 / 3137  
hey can any of you tell me where I can find my AOC screenshots I looked in every folder and file and couldn't find them. Maybe I missed one or something.

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
posted 08-09-13 08:39 AM CT (US)     7 / 3137  
@UP
There should be a folder named "Screenshots", eh?
Try my guide, if you can't find it.

@OT
I've waited to see such a thread here :3

Continuing my work from TCS IX:

Edit:

Spiced it up a lil', thanks, Sam! <3

_,-=-._----------_,-=-._----------_,-=-._----------_,-=-._----------_,-=-._
./'..........'\.-----./'..../##'\.-----./'####'\.-----./'##\....'\.-----./'..........'\.
|.............|---|....|####|---|######|---|####|....|---|.............|
'\............/'-----'\....'\##./'-----'\.####./'-----'\.##/'..../'-----'\............/'
''^=^''----------''^=^''----------''^=^''----------''^=^''----------''^=^''
Showoff thread | Upcoming project : A Winter of Blood

[This message has been edited by Youmuu (edited 08-09-2013 @ 09:14 AM).]

posted 08-09-13 09:09 AM CT (US)     8 / 3137  
@Youmuu: I looked at you guide and looked at in every folder in my AOC folder and couldn't find my screenshot folder. I have one for FE I can find that one but not the one for AOC.

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
posted 08-09-13 09:15 AM CT (US)     9 / 3137  
Have you tried using the "search" option?

./'..........'\.-----./'..../##'\.-----./'####'\.-----./'##\....'\.-----./'..........'\.
'\............/'-----'\....'\##./'-----'\.####./'-----'\.##/'..../'-----'\............/'
posted 08-09-13 09:37 AM CT (US)     10 / 3137  
@Youmuu: Found them thanks a lot.

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
posted 08-09-13 09:49 AM CT (US)     11 / 3137  
If you have windows 8 and don't run aoe as admin that can happen. I couldn't find my files either at first. Finally I found out windows stored my files(screenshots/scenarios) in "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II".
posted 08-09-13 10:57 AM CT (US)     12 / 3137  
ahhhh! I have windows 8 maybe that's why I couldn't find them. But I did the search thing like Youmuu said and I found them. Here they are btw they are from FE because there's more things in FE for me to add as eye candy: http://i.imgur.com/ay0QfpV.png?1 tell me what you think ill post more later.

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
posted 08-09-13 05:33 PM CT (US)     13 / 3137  
I think it lacks a bit elevation, eye candy and terrain mixing.

posted 08-09-13 06:05 PM CT (US)     14 / 3137  
I think it lacks a bit elevation, eye candy and terrain mixing.
Oh yes defiantly, I was full aware of that. I kind of stopped but I might start up again

Eye candy and terrain mixing is a weakness of mine

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
posted 08-09-13 06:09 PM CT (US)     15 / 3137  
Well people who play this game are different. Some are good at making scenarios, others modding or scripting or something like that.

As for me, I like to mess around in the editor.

posted 08-09-13 07:27 PM CT (US)     16 / 3137  
Nice Screens Youmuu! And D_R, yours is looking promising, too!

Yes I have several things to edit in mind, currently working on AI and unitlines. Which is still a headache for me.
posted 08-09-13 11:45 PM CT (US)     17 / 3137  
Great shots and responses! Keep it up!

@SAM: I shall check out this Userpatch.

posted 08-10-13 08:27 AM CT (US)     18 / 3137  
Here you go!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 08-10-13 10:45 AM CT (US)     19 / 3137  
Here is something i made some time ago. I did edit it tho.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel

[This message has been edited by DAVASTATAR (edited 08-10-2013 @ 10:46 AM).]

posted 08-10-13 11:53 AM CT (US)     20 / 3137  
Nice one!

posted 08-10-13 12:12 PM CT (US)     21 / 3137  
Looks like a volcano erupted or forest fire good one

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
posted 08-10-13 01:13 PM CT (US)     22 / 3137  
From Paradise Lost?

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 08-10-13 01:18 PM CT (US)     23 / 3137  
Some new screenies

Any ideas what to put in the empty space on the right? :|

posted 08-10-13 01:25 PM CT (US)     24 / 3137  
From Paradise Lost?
Indeed.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-10-13 02:18 PM CT (US)     25 / 3137  
@Youmoo Some sort of villager selling something, maybe broken cart and salesman

me
posted 08-10-13 02:46 PM CT (US)     26 / 3137  
Really liking your screenshots, Youmuu!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 08-10-13 02:50 PM CT (US)     27 / 3137  
Thanks, both of you.
@Basse
Always thought of you as an example :]

posted 08-10-13 03:12 PM CT (US)     28 / 3137  
Yeah, nice shots Youmuu. i'd agree with Impeached though, some kind of market like place would be good there

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-10-13 03:33 PM CT (US)     29 / 3137  
Would this work out?

posted 08-10-13 09:46 PM CT (US)     30 / 3137  
Here's my personal favorite out of all the villages/towns in my campaign so far:

(as a teaser, picture yourself wandering around the heavenly place, enjoying the scenery accompanied with this piece of music)

Coming up next: A floating market village, inspired from NowhereT's waterworld.

/\NDANU "WHORACLE" TRISATY/\
~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~
Member of StormWind Studios & BlackForest Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-

[This message has been edited by Whoracle (edited 08-10-2013 @ 09:53 PM).]

posted 08-10-13 10:11 PM CT (US)     31 / 3137  
Great stuff Youmuu

@Andan: I always loved that screenshot, and each time I see it I think to remind you to place some invisible cliffs so that people can't walk on those waterfalls

My favorite screenies from that project would have to be either the east-Asian mountain village, the lush forest with the shoreless shallows, or the snowy city. I loved how you mixed the cathedral with the castle and towers!

@Dev: How's the remake coming?

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 08-11-13 01:26 AM CT (US)     32 / 3137  
Placing units off-grid.

Me gusta.

posted 08-11-13 03:15 AM CT (US)     33 / 3137  
I'm sworn to play minecraft right now, but the remake is going through my head every day... Now i just need to get myself far enough to open up that damn editor :P

This does not mean that i havn't done anything on it yet, i had quite some stuff done when i announced it.

I promise it will come this year though, as i don't want to miss the best cinematic of the year spot :P

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel

[This message has been edited by DAVASTATAR (edited 08-11-2013 @ 03:17 AM).]

posted 08-11-13 03:23 AM CT (US)     34 / 3137  
And it's - Paradise Lost: Remastered.

posted 08-11-13 03:26 AM CT (US)     35 / 3137  
Actually, i just picked "Remastered" cuz it sounded... Cleaner

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Your works of art.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames