Bottom
Topic Subject: Project - The Fall of Hummaria
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03-22-14 02:19 PM CT (US)   

NEW UPDATED PROJECT THREAD: The Fall of Hummaria [Project]

=======================================================================

TEASER (v2.0) AVALIABLE HERE

Description:

I've had this project in mind for a long time... So now I finally decided to boot it.
It's just a teaser, explaining the beggining of the my fictional story.
I guess it's my first truly project... Because the others of mine have just cheesy storys

Story:

FIRST CHAPTER

Once upon a time there was a powerful and rich kingdom called Hummaria. It prospered until one day its king fell ill and perished. Without an heir, the royal house disappeared and a rich nobleman was elected king.

The new king quickly turned out to be a terrible ruler, desiring only wealth and pleasure.
Any sign of disobedience from the country's citizens was dealt with harshly. The years went by and the population grew ever more dissatisfied with its ruler. At age sixty the king died, leaving the throne to his son Elliard.

Though completely different from his father, Elliard was perceived to be just as bad by the people of Hummaria. At the very first day of his reign a rebellion broke out. Despite various attempts by the king to resolve the situation with ringleaders Jordan and Aspen, no progress was achieved.

There were not many options left for Elliard, but he eventually decided on probably the worst of them: repression. He followed in his father's footsteps, killing all rebels. Women and children included.

It was of no use. If anything, it only served to further anger the population. Yet Elliard had already gone to far to halt his repression.

The rebels' numbers increased over time as many of Hummaria's citizens chose to join the resistance. It did not take long for them to fight the guards. Soon the rebels outnumbered the Hummarian army and the guards stopped following Elliard's orders.

The king was facing a cliff... His own men against him, he was left with only the most loyal of his servants. In a final struggle to defend the kingdom they were unable to hold back the rebels. Elliard has no other option but to await his fate.

SECOND CHAPTER

After the fall of his beloved country, and his superior: Elliard, the general Dafar is marching with his troops, exiled from his own home.

He still remember the old days, when there's still a hope...
Now, after seeing disrespect and ignorance of Hummaria's people, he decided to restore Elliard's honour, at once for all.

Living in a small and abandoned town, with only a few injured soldiers in his command, he decided to counter attack those responsible for such act of blindness: the rabble of Hummaria.

After gathering as many volunteers and mercenaries as he could, he is going to payback the years of suffering and disorder that Elliard has been obligued to face.

Characters:

Black = Main characters
Gray = Not-so-main characters

• Elliard - The sucessor of William Morgan. People think he is like his father, but actually he's completely different.

• Sergeant Amber - One of the most loyal king's servants. He believes that he will manage to restore Hummaria's peace.

• General Dafar - Elliard's closest friend and the most important officer from the kingdom.

• General Lothar - Another hummarian general, he have almost the same power of Dafar, however he's not so reliable, as he've been pointed by the newly crowned King Elliard's father, William Morgan, to join the royality.

• Aspen - An ordinary young man who lives in the village of Whistelan, and will change everybody's life, and with his brother, Jordan.

• Jordan - An ordinary young man who lives in the village of Whistelan, and will change everybody's life, along with his brother, Aspen.

• Joe Lemon - Just a greedy dock keeper from the village of Winsthelan, who earns money from you.

• Jack Connor - Captain of Hummaria's army. He's one of the many officers of the lineage.

• Ben Ethan - The man who tries to murder Elliard after his speech... He was sent by an unknown master.

• David Owen - One of the commanders from the resistance.

• Thyler - The leader of the resistance... Or at least he was before being killed by the Hummarian army.

• Catherine - Elliard's wife. She disappears after seeing he slaughtering the rebels, realizing that he's not the man who she loved a few years ago.

Gameplay:

This campaign is focused in the main story, so don't expect many curls.

The beggining of the first scenario, the gameplay will be very calm... The pace at which you walks, it will be increasing the action, going to battles, to large wars.

Although, many options will be given to you; like helping other peoples, doing sidequests... But again, this will not disprut the main story; it's just time-pass until you become ready to command your troops.

Section in progress...

Features:

Gray = Might be done
    Black = Will be done

• A RPG-ish and long gameplay, with quests, items and much more;
  • Much poolishment before releasing;
  • A quite creativy story (IMO);
  • A lot of eye-candy: A new type of fences, new type of indoor cut-scenes, new type of harbors and much more!;
  • You will play in the both sides, travelling back to the past;
  • A very detailed map;
  • Pretty good sound effects;
  • Skippable cut-scenes (by taunts);
  • Sidequests!;
  • A new system of difficulties! You can re-choose it at every stage! (By tipping 1,2 or 3 before entering them);
  • Not levels, but ranks! You can become a soldier, a captain and much more!;
  • Much more to be done yet!

Progress:

FIRST INSTALMENT

0 - TEASER - The Past Remainder
    Triggers - 100%
    Scenario - 100%
    Script - 100%
    Sounds - 100%
    Status - Complete!

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

1 - SCENARIO - The Reckless Hatred
    Triggers - 70% (1714/2000-2500)
    Scenario - 85% (View the map here)
    Script - 91%
    Sounds - 45%
    Status - Making the final stages
    UNDER WORK RIGHT NOW

SECOND INSTALMENT

1 - SCENARIO
    Triggers - 0%
    Scenario - 0%
    Script - 0%
    Sounds - 0%
    Status - ...
    NOT STARTED YET

Screenshots:

• Inside a Palace[1]
  • Inside a Palace[2]
  • Village of Winsthelan[1]
  • Village of Winsthelan[2]
  • Village of Winsthelan[3]
  • Village of Winsthelan[4]
  • Hummenstown (Hummaria's Capital)[1]
  • Hummenstown[2]
  • Hummenstown[3]
  • Hummenstown[4]
  • Hummenstown[5]
  • The Attempt[1]
  • The Attempt[2]
  • The Fuse[1]
  • The Fuse[2]
  • The Fuse[3]
  • Fortress of Wallingstone[1]
  • Fortress of Wallingstone[2]
  • Fortress of Wallingstone[3]
  • Landing on Brigedan[1]
  • Landing on Brigedan[2]
  • Army's Division[1]
  • Army's Division[2]

Playtesting:

Gray = Might be avaliable
    Black = (Avaliable, or with much chances)

• king leorick
  • TeutonicLongbow
  • Reganknight

More volunteers would be really appreciated

If you've liked, please leave your comment here
    asuhakjlwhigqwohipjqçkjwbhyqopowkjqhgywyqiupokçwjkhgqytyw8oupioçqjkjbwhvfygquiohuv2f6igujbkhvjqyguohiwpojçlnmqbvhiugwiohpojk~çmqnmkhvwiugoqihpojlçnkbjwkvhcyfigiyphojjçlwn

[This message has been edited by rewaider (edited 07-16-2018 @ 10:57 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 03-23-14 09:28 AM CT (US)     1 / 71  
    To be honest, I think your English needs a lot of work... The story is somewhat cliche too, but hey, maybe you can pull it off! Hopefully the trailer will show us a little more of your designing abilities

Retired, old and senile.

Thread Destroyer of April 09 - Popeychops
    I was jealous of your guitars at first. Now I'm jealous of your awesome room. Jerk. :(
    And it's on a friggin towel? so you're WIPING YOURSELF DOWN WITH SEXY WOMEN AFTER SHOWERS?! WHAT KIND OF MONSTER OF AWESOME DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? - Aro
    posted 03-23-14 09:43 AM CT (US)     2 / 71  
    Well, I guess it's not a cliche, cause I made the teaser telling in the king's POV...
    But thanks for your words. The first part is almost done.
    About the english; I corrected (in the campaign not here )
    many times, I hope it is understandable.
    @EDIT: Teaser already submitted, just need to be approved.

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
    Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
    My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by Rewaider (edited 05-17-2014 @ 07:55 AM).]

posted 03-23-14 01:00 PM CT (US)     3 / 71  
    Do you use google translate?
    posted 03-23-14 01:26 PM CT (US)     4 / 71  
    Yes, I use it often

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by Rewaider (edited 03-23-2014 @ 01:27 PM).]

posted 03-23-14 05:22 PM CT (US)     5 / 71  
    I wouldn't recommend using Google Translate for anything else but individual words. Whole sentences end up all jumbled and weird sounding.
    posted 03-23-14 09:29 PM CT (US)     6 / 71  
    Hey Rewaider, are you from Brasil? If yes, i start to speak portuguese now

é estranho falar português num fórum cheio de gringos mas vou ser rápido. Gostei da sua ideia, criativa e interessante, creio que nós que controlamos os rebeldes, né? Tem algo de novo também, como unidades ou edificios?

Vou acompanhar o progresso, nem tem como te ajudar, não sei muito sobre D:

Translation: it's strange speak portuguese in a forum with all people are foreign, but i will be fast. I like your idea, creative and interesting, i believe we control the rebels, right? This have something new too, like units and buildings?

I will follow the progress, no have to me help you, i don't know much of mods D:

[This message has been edited by Wolffis (edited 03-24-2014 @ 01:13 PM).]

posted 03-23-14 11:04 PM CT (US)     7 / 71  
    Please do post a translation of everything you post in a foreign language, even if you have to use Google Translate. Those are forum rules.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
    ´ `  |_\
           |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
    ______|______
     \        /
       .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 03-24-14 10:18 AM CT (US)     8 / 71  
    Hey Rewaider, are you from Brasil? If yes, i start to speak portuguese now

é estranho falar português num fórum cheio de gringos mas vou ser rápido. Gostei da sua ideia, criativa e interessante, creio que nós que controlamos os rebeldes, né? Tem algo de novo também, como unidades ou edificios?

Vou acompanhar o progresso, nem tem como te ajudar, não sei muito sobre D:
    Sim, eu sou do Brasil (ta na minha assinatura).
    pensei que só eu era brasileiro aqui .

Isso não é um mod não, é apenas uma campanha (projeto de uma). Você joga com os dois lados.

Translation:

"Yes, I'm from Brazil (it's in my signature).
    I thought that I was the only Brazilian here: p.

This is not a mod, it is just one (project of a) campaign. You play in the both sides."
    I wouldn't recommend using Google Translate for anything else but individual words. Whole sentences end up all jumbled and weird sounding.
    Well, but I haven't found another way...
    Do you have some suggestion (for a software or site wich do that)?

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by Rewaider (edited 03-24-2014 @ 10:41 AM).]

posted 03-24-14 01:06 PM CT (US)     9 / 71  
    @Leif Ericson: Sorry, i forget that. I will edit the post with the translation.

@Rewaider: É, eu sei que não é mod, só perguntei isso pois já vi algumas campanhas aqui com unidades e edificios novos. Mas mesmo assim, parece que vai ser legal E a campanha vai funcionar pro Age of Empires 2 HD ou pro normal?

Translation: Yes, i know it's not a mod, i just asked this because i see here some campaigns with new units and buildings. However, it seems the project will be nice and the campaign will work to Age of Empires II HD or to the normal?
    posted 03-24-14 02:12 PM CT (US)     10 / 71  
    @Wollfis: É pros dois, mas está sendo feito no normal (pq é bem melhor)

Translation:
    It's for the both, but is being done in normal (cause it's better)

Here some new screenshots, the first cut-scene from the campaign (inside the palace)... Took me around 3 hours to make :P

My Blacksmith
    posted 03-25-14 02:13 AM CT (US)     11 / 71  
    When this project's nearing completion, try to find a playtester who is adequately fluent in English language. You can then ask for his help to find out all the typos and grammatical errors throughout your campaign and report them for you to be fixed.

A native translator is always better than Google translate, trust me.

/\NDANU "WHORACLE" TRISATY/\
    ~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~
    Member of StormWind Studios & BlackForest Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
    posted 03-25-14 03:08 AM CT (US)     12 / 71  
    I've just watched the teaser at the Blacksmith and I can safely say the mapdesign is probably one of the best we've seen so far this year. Some minor points though:

- The zip archive weighs in at around 19 mb, which seems unnecessarily heavy to me considering the fact that you could easily use soundfiles with a lower bitrate than 320 kpbs. (Which apparently is supported now by the UserPatch?)
    - I would recommend checking with someone with a good grasp of English to improve the language used. It was the only thing that prevented me from getting drawn in the scenario.

Edit:
    Where are my manners? The file is up at the Blacksmith!

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 03-25-2014 @ 03:17 AM).]

posted 03-25-14 10:32 AM CT (US)     13 / 71  
    Very thanks for your good words and construtive suggestions.

@DEAD_END: I will try to fix the sounds..
    About the grammar I will also search for someone who knows english very well before releasing.
    It won't be like my other campaigns, my prediction to release is in the final of 2014. Because I want to poolish it as much as I can

My Blacksmith
    posted 03-25-14 01:36 PM CT (US)     14 / 71  
    I love the use for those gravestones you've found!

Retired, old and senile.

Thread Destroyer of April 09 - Popeychops
    I was jealous of your guitars at first. Now I'm jealous of your awesome room. Jerk. :(
    And it's on a friggin towel? so you're WIPING YOURSELF DOWN WITH SEXY WOMEN AFTER SHOWERS?! WHAT KIND OF MONSTER OF AWESOME DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? - Aro
    posted 03-25-14 01:48 PM CT (US)     15 / 71  
    I love the use for those gravestones you've found!
    Thank you!

About the village, I've already improved it and I'll update the screenshots soon! (I'm just a bit out of time to edit images and etc..)

ps: Would someone like to playtest it when finishes? (near the next year). If someone does, I would really appreciate

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by Rewaider (edited 03-25-2014 @ 01:58 PM).]

posted 03-25-14 02:57 PM CT (US)     16 / 71  
    ps: Would someone like to playtest it when finishes? (near the next year). If someone does, I would really appreciate
    Yeah, I might be available then.

......▄▄██▌█
    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
    ███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ )¬,|¯ (¬ /-\ |\| |/¬ |\| | (¬ |-| --|--
    ▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀ You're gonna eat lightnin'and you're gonna crap thunder. - Mickey Goldmill from Rockey II
    posted 03-26-14 11:56 AM CT (US)     17 / 71  
    A lot of thanks for your willigness, Reganknight1597
    Can I put you in the playstest list?

OBS:
  • VILLAGE SCREENSHOTS IMPROVED
  • A NEW ONE!
    (don't mind the sea, I will design it after..)

ps: Maybe the campaign reachs 3k triggers... 1/4 from the first part's already taken 150 triggers

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by Rewaider (edited 03-26-2014 @ 05:14 PM).]

• posted 03-27-14 01:27 PM CT (US)     18 / 71  
    Curti muito as fotos, tá bem legal o design de Hummaria. Infelizmente não tenho como jogar o Teaser, mas vou ficar aqui vendo as novidades.

Translation:
    I like much the photos, the design of Hummaria it's really cool. Unfortunately i don't have a way to play the teaser, but i will stay here to see the news
    posted 03-27-14 01:31 PM CT (US)     19 / 71  
    Vlw
    Translation:
    Thanks

ps: porque? Vc ñ tem o age of empires (sem ser hd)?
    Translation:
    ps: why? You don't have the default age of empires?

My Blacksmith
    posted 03-27-14 02:12 PM CT (US)     20 / 71  
    Can I put you in the playstest list?
    If my real life activities permit then I can playtest for you.

BTW your screenshots look very good, can't wait for the finished project.

......▄▄██▌█
    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
    ███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ )¬,|¯ (¬ /-\ |\| |/¬ |\| | (¬ |-| --|--
    ▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀ You're gonna eat lightnin'and you're gonna crap thunder. - Mickey Goldmill from Rockey II
    posted 03-27-14 05:26 PM CT (US)     21 / 71  
    Okay, and thanks, Reganknight.

TEASER UPDATED - SCENARIO DESIGN IMPROVED AND SOME GRAMMAR ERRORS CORRECTED
    Download it here

My Blacksmith
    posted 03-29-14 11:51 AM CT (US)     22 / 71  
    I was thinking if it would be a good idea make a prologue, which contains just the village scene (the beggining) and the intro (Elliard making his speech).
    Would it?
    (obs: Around 1h of gameplay.)

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by Rewaider (edited 03-29-2014 @ 12:01 PM).]

posted 03-31-14 00:12 AM CT (US)     23 / 71  
    I would make it after you finish or have almost finished the actual scenario.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
    ´ `  |_\
           |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
    ______|______
     \        /
       .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 03-31-14 11:52 AM CT (US)     24 / 71  
    Thanks for the suggestion, Leif Ericson.
    After thinking a bit, I've decided I'll do that. Or perhaps submit just the whole campaign.

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by Rewaider (edited 04-01-2014 @ 02:34 PM).]

posted 04-02-14 11:53 AM CT (US)     25 / 71  
    Second instalment's progress and story included (just to advance the progress a bit)
    * Its will be a duology.

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by Rewaider (edited 04-02-2014 @ 11:54 AM).]

posted 04-02-14 01:15 PM CT (US)     26 / 71  
    The new images are amazing! Excellent work, this campaign will be really nice

Ps: If you don't care, i will speak english here now to don't lose time with translations. It's better.
    posted 04-02-14 01:24 PM CT (US)     27 / 71  
    Thanks for your words Wolffis
    Ps: If you don't care, i will speak english here now to don't lose time with translations. It's better.
    I agree. No necessity to speak portuguese in a english forum.

My Blacksmith
    posted 04-02-14 02:34 PM CT (US)     28 / 71  
    New Screenshots!
    See more above (in "screenshots" section)

@EDIT: Screenshots improved (they were a bit empty)...
    Will be updated when I done with the triggers (on the hummenstown part).

@EDIT2: Could someone help me with the teaser's grammar please? It's just around 25 (not so-long) dialogs

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by Rewaider (edited 04-03-2014 @ 04:20 PM).]

posted 04-06-14 10:04 AM CT (US)     29 / 71  
    Map preview (In progress of course )

http://i.imgur.com/kFCIKkG.png

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by Rewaider (edited 04-06-2014 @ 03:44 PM).]

posted 04-06-14 03:27 PM CT (US)     30 / 71  
    That's a huge file, maybe you should link to it instead? It takes up like my entire window!
    posted 04-06-14 03:44 PM CT (US)     31 / 71  
    Done

MAP UPDATED - Hummenstown *almost* completed
    * I still need to improve the sea/ground frontier, put some ships, edit the sea... etc.

http://i.imgur.com/rB4g9dP.jpg
    @EDIT: Updated again.
    @EDIT: Updated once again.
    OBS: Lag removed

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by Rewaider (edited 04-12-2014 @ 08:45 AM).]

posted 04-12-14 06:16 PM CT (US)     32 / 71  
    It's a good idea and those screenshots are really nice, but your using a bit too many graves.
    posted 04-12-14 08:16 PM CT (US)     33 / 71  
    I have to agree. The map is looking very nice though!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
    posted 04-13-14 05:13 AM CT (US)     34 / 71  
    posted 04-13-14 05:15 AM CT (US)     35 / 71  
    Thank you for the encouragement and suggestions
    I'll see what I can do about the graves. I guess I'll remove the ones from the palaces fountains.

Map updated - http://i.imgur.com/IB0Iv83.jpg

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by Rewaider (edited 04-13-2014 @ 09:15 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project - The Fall of Hummaria
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames