Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: [PROJECT] Arrethia RP
posted 08-09-14 00:33 AM CT (US)   
ARRETHIA RP

SETTING

The scenario is set in the lands of Ardar:http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=12123

But instead of petty kingdoms fighting for survival it is countries and Ardar is among them.

GAMEPLAY

This scenario is a build and destroy multiplayer RP. The gameplay is akin to Ardar Diplomacy, Mare Nostrum and Seas of Engressa.

You are the king of one of the 8 powers of the region of Arrethia. Through diplomacy trade and war you can rule the region of Arrethia either by utter conquest or controlling 15 relics at once.

Gameplay features:

Vassal system:

In this scenario you can make someone your vassal. This is done by destroying their ambassador castle and placing your general within the flags. Now every 20 mins game-time you will receive tribute from the person. Also the more vassals you control the more relics you receive. For example, you have 3 vassals and get a relic for that, but then cannot get the 3 milestone relic again.

Lineage system:

Every player has a king and a prince. Once a king dies the next king in line will become the Emperor of Arrethia (get a buff and some extras) this continues until all kings and princes are dead. If you have no more royal family your castle will be destroyed and your troops will greatly lose morale.

THE PLAYERS

Player 1: Aethi; Goths: The Arethi are proud peoples. They believe that they have birthright to the throne of Arrethia. They think that they are the children of the almighty Matriach gods who created Arrethia. At all costs they want to elimiate the Mundoslia as they think they are a source of pure evil. They would prefer to hold everyone as there vassal then eliminating them.

Player 2: Borschmund; Britons: Borschmund: The Borschmund are a nation who has hardly seen war in there long times. They are a mere trading nation who sails the seas and colonizes new unfound islands for themselves. These peoples were a type of Arethi who decided to leave for a new life of peace.

Player 3: Ardar; Teutons: Ardar's history is rough, they are all descendants and outcasts from the Arethi, Daygeron and Ruaspus peoples. When the Arethi ruled those nations these pagans stood and fought they lost and became banished and were put on rafts and were floated into the horizon, where they found a new land where trolls ruled. There were centuries of wars until a capital arose which governed the 6 nations within it. They now come back to Arrethia with one thought in mind decimate their ancestors.

Player 4: Daygeron; Byzantines: Daygeron is a city of who the Arethi once possessed they declared independence but then only to be faced with other nations who wants the City. They want to be recognized as a country not a petty city to be conquered. They think either by Conquering a nation they can achieve this.

Player 5: Ruaspus; Huns: The Ruaspus has been hardly heard of in the past millennium, they prefer to stay in their mountains, in the shadows just waiting. Once they were prosperous and even controlled Daygeron for a century in the days of yore. Their only ambition now is to see the horizon of the sea again.

Player 6: Mundoslia; Persians: The Mundoslia is a state of a great empire south and east of the region Arrethia. When they come to pillage and conquer that means they will stop at nothing to get their obstacles out of their way. Instead of Making someone their vassal they'll rather destroy them and take their riches.

Player 7: Undos; Celts: The Undos were once a part of the Mundoslia, though once the Arethi missionaries came and preached of their religion they converted, and got chased out of their home into the mountains, there only wish is to be accepted by the Arethi and become a part of them.

Player 8: Urethia; Franks:The Urethians were once a tribal people until the Arethi came and taught them their ways of how to live and fight. They became their most trusted nation, but unrest is coming to Urethia and there are rumours of revolt and revolution. THey have grown tired of the Arethi constantly sending them to battle and losing their loved ones. They have had enough.

SCREENSHOTS

PROGRESS

Map Design: 100%

Triggers: 70%

Other: 20%

Total: 64%

[This message has been edited by croatianboss (edited 08-22-2014 @ 05:53 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-09-14 01:26 AM CT (US)     1 / 8  
Screenies look nice- great use of eyecandy and terrain mixing

Seeing new RP maps coming out is always really cool. Keep up the good work, I'll be following with great interest!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 08-09-14 04:02 AM CT (US)     2 / 8  
Added backstory to every nation, and added another screenie
posted 08-15-14 11:45 PM CT (US)     3 / 8  
posted 08-16-14 09:41 AM CT (US)     4 / 8  
Power to you. We should get some folks and try this out once it's finished!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 08-16-14 09:36 PM CT (US)     5 / 8  
Yea thatll be great HockeySam Nearly done the vassal triggers aswell thanks to trigger studio.

Also i've been quite conflicted with myself wondering of how deep of a roleplay experience i should make this. Of course things like how you talk etc is very flexible depending on host and players, but with things like diplomatic meetings is where im a bit iffy. I was originally thinking that you need an ambassador near someones base to speak to someone though that can be annoying and if you do not play like that a diplomatic meeting would be virtually pointless... It'll be great to give me your thoughts on this 'issue' i sorta wanna make it really deep but for all those who dont care about the experience its really pointless and would be extremely annoying..
posted 08-22-14 05:54 PM CT (US)     6 / 8  
posted 09-03-14 02:10 AM CT (US)     7 / 8  
Hockeysam would it be possible if you could do a full map shot of the map?
posted 09-03-14 11:23 PM CT (US)     8 / 8  
Sorry for being less active- I've been swamped with school stuff. I'll let you know when I'll be able to play this.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » [PROJECT] Arrethia RP
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames