Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: MP - Project: El Dorado - Rush for Gold
posted 04-10-15 06:11 PM CT (US)   
I'm actually working on a Multiplayer Map for AoK HD TF. The setting will be mesoamerican. The map will be available for 2-4 players, while I recommend 2 or 4. Every player starts in a corner of the map and should start exploring fast.
For more gold you can plunder temples and shrines. In the middle of the central lake you can find a big native city. There you will be able to collect much more gold. Unless to collect as much gold as you can, your aim is it to destroy the enemys.

Actually I have the problem, that the AoK HD TF is bugged in pathfinding. Often units get stucked in woods or in water (ships get on land). Anyone knows, how I can prevent this?

Hope you find this interesting. I'm still thinking of, how I can include more special events via triggers (like adding new canons after time...)

---------------
- Screenshots -
---------------
Playerbases:

Enviroment:

~Finished Projects~
5 Christmasmaps

~soon~
some Minimaps and other stuff
Replies:
posted 04-10-15 06:41 PM CT (US)     1 / 4  
Looks very interesting jernside. I love the terrain and the way you use the scenario objects to create unique environments .
posted 04-10-15 07:02 PM CT (US)     2 / 4  
Indeed! The design is excellent and it's cool to see nice integration of the AoF editor objects, units, and civs
Actually I have the problem, that the AoK HD TF is bugged in pathfinding. Often units get stucked in woods or in water (ships get on land). Anyone knows, how I can prevent this?
If you have been using the free placement feature (ctrl+s), then this is known to cause pathfinding issues as the objects are placed off-grid, which messes with the pathfinding (this is also true in the CD version). Sometimes units and ships still glitch where they shouldn't (this happens sometimes in the CD version too, to be fair, but more so in HD), especially in MP if someone has a slow connection and the game lags. Check out the newest patch for AoE2HD on Steam, though (patch 3.9). It has made substantial improvements to game performance and there are many more to come!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 04-11-15 05:36 PM CT (US)     3 / 4  
Thanks for compliments and for hints. Yes it may be true. I placed much things off grid (it's a must have for great designing ) and even the fact, that I have sometimes lags can be the main reason. Hope it won't happen too often.

.actual status.
Mapdesign: ~80%
Triggers: ~00%

~Finished Projects~
5 Christmasmaps

~soon~
some Minimaps and other stuff
posted 04-12-15 09:02 AM CT (US)     4 / 4  
By the way, Jernside, I emailed you my translation of your Joan of Arc scenario back in October. Have you received it? If not, I can resend it next weekend after my exams are over

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » MP - Project: El Dorado - Rush for Gold
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames