Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Error 705 - Unit id unknown to DLC system
posted 01-16-16 08:53 AM CT (US)   
Hey all, sorry to trouble you with my tech support.

I recommended Ulio to a HD player on reddit, and we both get an error when trying to start the second scenario. The map doesn't initialise at all, immediately one is presented with a text box with about 8 lines of

"Error: 705 - Unit id unknown to DLC system"

Can anyone elaborate here? Is there some deleted record in the Age2HD data which is FUBAR? Is there any hope of fixing this?

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
Replies:
posted 01-16-16 09:46 AM CT (US)     1 / 10  
This should explain it it:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/494632768635141446/?appid=221380
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/496880503063487509/?appid=221380

The problem is that 705 is the cow in AoF. Their new system is recognizing what it thinks is an AoF object in what it thinks is an AoC campaign, and so it refuses to load it.
This is a problem with various obscure AoC objects with IDs below 866 which were replaced with new AoF objects.

As such, the data for the AoC objects still exists, it's just a matter of telling the game that the unit ID (705, in this case) is also allowed to be in basegame scenarios. The devs have been responsive in the past and fixed some of the units IDs I complained about.

Edit:
Ideally, they should just exempt all unit IDs below 866 from DLC version checks. That would solve this once and for all.

......../\
......./ / / \ Check out my Blacksmith submissions as well as my Random Map Scripts.
....../ / /\\ \
...../ /_/_\\ \ Proud guardian of the Definitive Random Map Scripting Guide
..../_____\\\ \
....\\\\\\\\\\\\\/ and the Random Map Scripting Links and FAQ thread.

[This message has been edited by Zetnus (edited 01-16-2016 @ 09:48 AM).]

posted 01-16-16 10:21 AM CT (US)     2 / 10  
I forwarded this on to people who should be able to accomplish a fix...eventually

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 01-16-16 11:22 AM CT (US)     3 / 10  
If this is a pure AoF bug, can it be run without AoF?

You are both Gods among men FYI

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 01-16-16 03:07 PM CT (US)     4 / 10  
If this is a pure AoF bug, can it be run without AoF?
It cannot be run in the HD Edition unless you are on a pre-African Kingdoms patch, or unless you change the scenario dependencies of that scenario so that it now requires AoF. At which point it will work, but you will have a cow somewhere where it shouldn't be.

......../\
......./ / / \ Check out my Blacksmith submissions as well as my Random Map Scripts.
....../ / /\\ \
...../ /_/_\\ \ Proud guardian of the Definitive Random Map Scripting Guide
..../_____\\\ \
....\\\\\\\\\\\\\/ and the Random Map Scripting Links and FAQ thread.
posted 01-16-16 03:21 PM CT (US)     5 / 10  
If it's the second scenario of Ulio, I imagine that the object causing the issue is a missile by a blacksmith in the middle of the map which is included for its sound effect. You can probably remove it or have it be a cow without any real problems.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 01-16-16 03:33 PM CT (US)     6 / 10  
This is... wow.

Thanks for the detail, guys. This is the frustrating result of what happens when you naively edit poor code :/

posted 01-16-16 03:41 PM CT (US)     7 / 10  
I got something similar for simply trying out AK's new units without having AOF selected. HD is a disaster.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel

[This message has been edited by Defibrilator (edited 01-16-2016 @ 03:41 PM).]

posted 01-16-16 10:10 PM CT (US)     8 / 10  
you pay money to get more limitations in your game (its a bit sad),
also dat modding at all is currently near impossible due the new "unknown to DLC system" limitation.
posted 01-17-16 10:07 AM CT (US)     9 / 10  
Yup, pretty accurate on all fronts

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 01-17-16 12:24 PM CT (US)     10 / 10  
This is kind of why I'm glad I don't have a Steam account.

I mean, don't get me wrong. The new graphics are good - very good, actually, and some of the features look nice, but I'm going to stick to using my 14-year-old CD. It's more solid, it's more stable, and if what I've read is any indication, it's easier to work with.

Just making my deposit to the 2-Cent Machine.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Error 705 - Unit id unknown to DLC system
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames