Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOC mod
posted 03-25-07 07:05 PM CT (US)   
Hi all, i'm new to the forum and here goes my first contribution: an aoc mod recopilation that i made with some friends. It changes some textures of the units and buildings.

For more info and to download it take a look here:
http://z6.invisionfree.com/starcraft_store...hp?showtopic=49

Ok guys hope u like it, and enjoy, here go some screenshots:

-------------------------->>>>>>LOOK AT THE GRASS<<<<<<---------------------------

[This message has been edited by SirMonster (edited 03-26-2007 @ 04:50 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-25-07 07:39 PM CT (US)     1 / 14  
*Faints*, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THE FILE!!!
ITS 90 MB DUDE!!
What did you put in the file?
How much work did you put in this?!!
I cant download this, its way too big. I mean it takes me 3 hours for just 50 mb.

= E P R I M E S T U D I O S =
-- Colossus Statue Wonder Some RON Buildings --
¸.•.¸¸.•*•._.•*•._.•*•.¸¸.•.¸

Currently Working on -The Enlightenment Age Mod

[This message has been edited by E Prime (edited 03-25-2007 @ 07:49 PM).]

posted 03-26-07 05:14 AM CT (US)     2 / 14  
this can be installed without having the modpack studio installed. This is the modified graphics.drs file, ready to put in the aoc directory and play
posted 03-26-07 07:47 AM CT (US)     3 / 14  
Awesome work man. Nice textures and new units. What are those cavalry in the second screenshot?

M a z e n z o

You can't say civilizations don't advance...
for every war they kill you a new way-Will Rogers
posted 03-26-07 10:00 AM CT (US)     4 / 14  
thx man, they are cavaliers.. i dont know the exact name in the English version, i'm from Spain, but they remplace the cavaliers before upgrading to paladin. Sorry cant explain it better.
posted 03-27-07 10:06 AM CT (US)     5 / 14  
It looks a bit like a late beta-version of AoK...

Any way, I'm downloading it now. won't take too long (I can download files of 700 MB in 15 minutes)

Oh, and welcome in the community

''This is madness!''
''Madness? THIS IS HOLLAND!!!''
''What's the difference?''

The 300 Dutchmen will fight in the shade of an oil fountain..
posted 03-27-07 12:50 PM CT (US)     6 / 14  
I see some beta buildings on one of these screens.
Since I have a Age of Kings Beta Topic, I am concerned if you used that as a resource for your MOD without telling it to me...
Or did you got those files somewhere else?

I hope it.

Also, the download link doesn't work. :|

[This message has been edited by Ancient Warrior (edited 03-27-2007 @ 12:53 PM).]

posted 03-27-07 01:09 PM CT (US)     7 / 14  
You have to type a code in the box right above, and the code is near the box. Just type it and click on 'download'. The file(s) will be prepared for you and ready to download.

This mod is quite interesting. It replaces buildings and units units with totally new ones. I especially like the east-european castle and the cavalier. Well done

''This is madness!''

posted 03-28-07 05:16 PM CT (US)     8 / 14  
hey Ancient, be sure that i did not use anything from ur aok beta section. i didnt know that section exist!

One question man, do you know if it's possible to play aok beta? Is there any release of the game?

posted 03-28-07 07:39 PM CT (US)     9 / 14  
Alright, I'm a little bit naive when it comes to using this mod. When I downloaded it, it gave me a "DATA.rar" file. Where exactly am I suppose to place this file?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

posted 03-29-07 01:44 PM CT (US)     10 / 14  
When you open the rar, you'll get a folder called 'data'. Simply replace the DATA-folder in your AoK directory with the new data folder. Make sure you have made a copy of the old one anywhere else so you won't have the old things going lost!

''This is madness!''

posted 03-31-07 09:15 PM CT (US)     11 / 14  
When i open the Rar it says in a diagnostic message Data:File Header Broken and when i try to extraxct it to the aok directory it says to all the files in the data example: Graphics.DRS : Unknown Method.

And I spent 6 hours downloading this! Help ME!!

= E P R I M E S T U D I O S =
-- Colossus Statue Wonder Some RON Buildings --
¸.•.¸¸.•*•._.•*•._.•*•.¸¸.•.¸

Currently Working on -The Enlightenment Age Mod

[This message has been edited by E Prime (edited 03-31-2007 @ 09:16 PM).]

posted 04-01-07 08:35 AM CT (US)     12 / 14  
@ SirMonster:
Yes....

I have a playable version of the AoK Beta 1.
I actually downloaded it from shadowflare's site, but that version needed a cd, but I have modefied it.

You can mail me back, see my e-mail adress in my profile. (the0bald@hotmail.com)

EDIT:
I still can't download this file, because my browser doesn't accapt this site, it says, that's this site is on a black list!

Can you give me the file with another link?, or place it on a legal download server?

2nd Edit:
Also, you can visit my beta topic below, in my signature. Also, you could try some of my downloads, also displayed there.

[This message has been edited by Ancient Warrior (edited 04-01-2007 @ 08:51 AM).]

posted 04-02-07 06:36 AM CT (US)     13 / 14  
I'm taking a look at your special beta section and it's awesome man, really you have done a very nice recopilation, but i didnt find there the playable beta.

Still cant download the mod? Try again and if u catn i'll try to upload it somewere like rapidshare.
I'm impatient to see the beta running...
Cya man.

posted 04-02-07 07:37 AM CT (US)     14 / 14  
Here are the links to the 2 beta Compiles:

The follwing Beta versions Are playable, known, and downloadable:
version: 00.97.09.07.0222
language: Russian

Download link game files part 1:
Description: These are the bulk of the files necessary for the beta version of AoK. The graphics files are in the second part, and these are mainly the files one would need to make the game playable, which it is. The language files are in Russian, however that is easily fixed.
You will be needing WinRAR to decompress it, and it can all be extracted to any folder you like.
Version: beta Filesize: 44.78 MB
source: Whisper.net (Shadowflare's website)
Link: http://thewhisper.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=1

Download link game files part 2:
Description: These the graphics and other data files needed to complete the installation. The files are useful to modders who wish to extract the old beta graphics.
Extract these into the same folder as you put the first part, and the game can then run without trouble.
Version: beta Filesize: 52.29 MB
Link: http://thewhisper.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=2

Note: CD Cracks are illegal out here, so, you can receive it on request by my e-mail.

success! also, you need to unrar the compressed files with 7-Zip (freeware) or Win-Rar (30 day trial)

[This message has been edited by Ancient Warrior (edited 04-02-2007 @ 07:41 AM).]

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » AOC mod
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames