Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Data Concepts - Discussing Ideas
posted 04-27-15 10:30 AM CT (US)   
Hello guys.. I'm just bored so I decided to make a post about data concepts and possibles ways to make them.

I will be posting more images when I get them finished.

Also, if anyone have some cool ideas, it will be welcome... Maybe we can make a library of how-to-do data stuff.

I just figured out that I have some misspellings... I will edit the images soon
Replies:
posted 04-27-15 12:10 PM CT (US)     1 / 15  
a quick comment to your marvellous idea would be that the minor civilisations could turn into o sign post or tribal village, like in caesar's series wherefrom different merchants or tradesmen would appear or whith whom one would trade different commodities. also the mine is great. i also want to hear about the abandoned tax collector idea, which was also a great idea!
posted 04-27-15 03:00 PM CT (US)     2 / 15  
Yes, I've found a way to make it work with no much trouble.. but .exe editing is needed for that.

If you have played the Portuguese mod from DanielPereira, then you will notice that the bank generates gold like relics in monasteries.

If I use the same .exe editing but for houses, then a tax collector would be capable to pick up the gold generated.
posted 04-28-15 03:41 AM CT (US)     3 / 15  
IIRC those are the rare resources from Rise of Nations in the first screenshot. Was that part of the inspiration for this idea? On second thoughts it all sounds very RoN with it being a merchant turning into a building. Does this mean that when the merchant is killed the tech or bonus will be unresearched or disabled?

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
posted 04-28-15 10:44 AM CT (US)     4 / 15  
Of course, it's a RoN feature..
And yes, that's the idea, the player who control the resource will get the bonus. When the building is destroyed, it will research a technology that disables the bonus.
posted 04-28-15 11:42 AM CT (US)     5 / 15  
Hey Furik do you know anything about modding random maps and stuff like that?

That looks like a pretty cool way to do it. I had been thinking about incorporating AoE3 like natives in my mod but had never really had the time to look at how to do it. I think this way woujd be great
posted 04-28-15 12:01 PM CT (US)     6 / 15  
I just did a few things.. You need to extract some binaries files from gamedata.drs with Turtle Pack.
And then edit the files with a notepad or any text editor.
Just something that I know:

The file 54000.bina is where you add your new units to the list of IDs that the Random Maps handle.
You have to write the NAME that you want, and the ID of the unit in the data file (Empires2_x1.dat or any other)
Look:

And then, in a Random Map, like Arabia (54201.bina) you have to add your new units/buildings under the list of "OBJECT_GENERATION" and the setting of spawning.
posted 04-28-15 02:11 PM CT (US)     7 / 15  
Oh cool I've never really experimented with any of that but you could almost set it up just like deer and other resources for balancing purposes. Could you take your rare resources and put say two or three random ones equal distances from each starting tc?
posted 04-28-15 08:06 PM CT (US)     8 / 15  
Is possible to make a fish that can attack a ship?

posted 04-28-15 10:23 PM CT (US)     9 / 15  
maybe when you set the fish as a wild animal and make it able to attack ships.
posted 04-29-15 05:24 AM CT (US)     10 / 15  
Once a foundation is placed anyone can complete it. If an enemy completes it, it becomes theirs. If an ally completes it it is still the original owner's.
This possible to do?

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
posted 04-29-15 07:04 AM CT (US)     11 / 15  
Quoted by Dynasty_IV
Oh cool I've never really experimented with any of that but you could almost set it up just like deer and other resources for balancing purposes. Could you take your rare resources and put say two or three random ones equal distances from each starting tc?
Yes! The line that says "min_distance_to_players 19" gives the distance of the object to each Town Center...

Quoted by Bala Arizalu
Is possible to make a fish that can attack a ship?
Well, I guess that if you copy and paste a wolf, and change the terrain restriction to all water...

And then changing/adding the (type 6) Unknown Animal Ability, and editing the class to all ships (Maybe you will have to copy the ability 2 or 3 more times, because the ships are divided in many classes)

Quoted by MrMew
Once a foundation is placed anyone can complete it. If an enemy completes it, it becomes theirs. If an ally completes it it is still the original owner's.
This possible to do?
I must give a try.. But I think that's not possible. Maybe just for one building.
posted 05-02-15 12:05 PM CT (US)     12 / 15  
It would be fun to have fish moving around like the deers rather than being static but I dont think its possible.

Also what kind of ideas do you guys have for new types of units?We already have slavers and raiding units and I have seen a unit that the enemy's wont recognize unless it attacks them(perfect assassin).What else do you think is possible?
posted 05-02-15 12:28 PM CT (US)     13 / 15  
i would repeat what i said some years ago - some units like those in swgb would be nice
- leaders with a circle of faith, churches like the energy shield, and water like the energy generator for buildings to work faster.
- also siege ladder, as seen somewhere in the forums, and siege tower.
- different kind of merchantmen and at least a fifth resource, also tradeable, let's say at a sign post. a deeper economic life! also more techs and techs should be a little more expensive!
- we could need all kind of wagons taking food to the mill or other granaries.
- medics!
- women!
posted 05-13-15 07:54 PM CT (US)     14 / 15  
Hey Furik you think you could send me what all you've got for this idea. It looks pretty awesome I wanna try to see if I can add it to my mod
posted 05-15-15 11:00 AM CT (US)     15 / 15  
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Data Concepts - Discussing Ideas
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames