You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Looking for collaborator for unit graphic making - need someone knows making bmp into slp
posted 10-19-16 09:50 AM CT (US)   
As the title suggest, I'm looking for a collaborator for making Aoe2 unit graphics.

I have Poser 6 and some interesting unit models in Poser format including various Landsknechts and some swordsman, and they're fully animated.
I can put them into correct size and camera angle, and then easily render them into BMP files.

Here is a example:

(Please notice that these are not the final units, colours still need to be adjusted)

However I have no idea how to make BMPs into AOE2 SLP files, what I need is someone who is willing to help me making BMP files into SLP.

Anybody interested in collaborate with me?

[This message has been edited by Ivenend (edited 10-19-2016 @ 10:02 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-19-16 12:01 PM CT (US)     1 / 7  
Ok, so ...

1. download turtle pack from the blackmsith
2. Open the SLP editor
3. Use the program to batch convert all your frames to 256. Alternatively photoshop can be used but that is a bit more effort.
4. Now 'add frames' and select all the converted frames. You'll want to set it to make selection masks and automatically pick up your backgrounmd
5. Adjust the anchors.
6. Save slp.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 10-19-16 06:32 PM CT (US)     2 / 7  
Hm... Thanks for your guide. Three questions:

1. Any idea how to define the team color part?
2. What should the background colour of my frames be?
3. What should the size(length*width) of my frames be?

[This message has been edited by Ivenend (edited 10-19-2016 @ 06:43 PM).]

posted 10-19-16 10:00 PM CT (US)     3 / 7  
1. One of the import options is player color. It will interpret all appropriate colors matching the selection as player color. Leaving it blue on your landsknecht would not give it any player color, while purple or green would make half the stripes and one leg player color.

2. Any color you're not using in the rest of the graphic.

3. Size matters not. Pick whatever is convenient to export to and set anchors for. Leaving large backgrounds can cause minor selection issues ingame, but that can be fixed with Turtle Pack's crop tool.

AoK: Realms
Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Proteus and Genie Converter - AKX installers for modern times
posted 10-20-16 00:26 AM CT (US)     4 / 7  
I meet a problem.

In Poser, I make some part of the model into blue colour(I don't know the exact RGB of the blue in AOE2 so I use 0, 56, 255).

However, when I import a bmp into SLPEditor (I select Player1 in the Player Colour section), as the picture shows, only a little part of the intended team-colour part become team-coloured.

What should I do?

Edit: Well, anyway, set the colour in Poser into 149,0,0 and set Player2 colour when importing into SLP works!

[This message has been edited by Ivenend (edited 10-20-2016 @ 01:08 AM).]

posted 10-20-16 09:03 AM CT (US)     5 / 7  
Looks great we really need more unit modders here.
Is it possible to make the unit walk instead of run?
posted 10-20-16 09:23 AM CT (US)     6 / 7  
Look, I made this with Poser some time ago. If I can find the walking animation I will send you, so you can replace the running one..

Also will try to recover some materials, it will be helpful
Regards!

[This message has been edited by Furik91 (edited 10-20-2016 @ 09:25 AM).]

posted 10-20-16 10:18 AM CT (US)     7 / 7  
Edit: this one is an out of date version, check the new version here

Hey! It seems that making slp is much easier than what I have thought. The first unit has been done, before the Blacksmith download is available, you could download it here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Z1-Y5_5P61S1JsVzRDM2V2aU0

Edit: Blacksmith download: http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=12781

Previews:

[This message has been edited by Ivenend (edited 10-21-2016 @ 11:23 PM).]

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Looking for collaborator for unit graphic making - need someone knows making bmp into slp
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames