You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sengoku Total Conversion - Released!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
posted 10-30-16 02:16 AM CT (US)   
SENGOKU is a total conversion project for Age of Empires II: The Conquerors. The mod aims to replicate a historically accurate but fun experience of being a Daimyo during the Sengoku period of Japan.

- 99% of graphics changed to reflect the Sengoku Period. 100+ new units, buildings, animals, terrains, eye candy and more.
- Completely new sounds, music, interface, icons and main menu to fit the Japanese Sengoku period.
- New unit lines based on the military of Sengoku Japan: Train powerful Samurai, Yari Ashigaru, Sohei, Teppo units, new Japanese ships and destroy castles with a completely brand new range of siege units. Also, loads of new units or editor units and heroes such as Jesuits, Bhikku, Geisha, Children, Ronin and more!
- New and improved technologies; including a full enhancement of the blacksmith - catered to the types of armour within the Sengoku period.
- New 5th resource has been added, called Honour. Fully supported in scenario editor. Gain this by killing enemy troops and use it to train new units or conduct special abilities.

Still to come:
- New SENGOKU AI- Brand new campaigns and scenarios selectable from main menu.- New selection voices and voice acting.

- All new units, unit traits, balancing and tactical options, giving a unique and refreshing spin to the AOK classic gameplay.
- Religion: choose either Buddhism or Christianity and receive different bonuses, units and techs specific to which religion you choose.
- Redefine siege and ship battles, with all new options specific to the Sengoku period. Do you opt for standard siege weapons, or do you choose to use costly Nanban cannons?
- Each clan has trainable and unique Hero units specific to their clan, which can attack troops and heal on the battlefield. Each Clan Hero also has 5 trainable bodyguards.
- Ninja unit, is almost invisible on the map and doesn't get auto attacked. Use this unit to sneak on enemy villagers or Heroes and assassinate them.
- Ninja Missions: Sabotage enemy techs, buildings and more, with the new ninja missions. Ninja missions can only be conducted with enough gold and honour, and you must wait between missions before conducting the next one.
- New clan abilities; short term effects which are unique to each clan. Re-use abilities after a set amount of time. These cost Honour to perform.
- Brand new unique and intriguing RMS maps, specifically tailored for Sengoku, to ensure an authentic and fun experience of fighting across Japan.

- For the first time ever in AOC, completely brand new terrains. You can choose from over 130 terrains to ensure you get the perfect design.
- Another first timer for AOK, multiple new cliff types, place-able in editor.
- Elevation up to 11 from 7.- Create more detailed scenarios with Extended Triggers.
- Seasons have come to Sengoku. Multiple tree sets, each with their own seasonal varient (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Snow).
- Tons of new eye candy; shrine/temple/battlefield/farm/random objects, vegetation, rocks, buildings, scenario placeables (like no LOS surviver units etc), and more!

Asakura
Chosokabe
Date
Hojo
Mori
Oda
Otomo
Shimazu
Takeda
Tokugawa
Toyotomi
Uesugi

The BETA version of Sengoku Total conversion is available. Download it from ModDB here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/sengoku-age-of-empires-2-total-conversion/downloads/sengokutc-installer.

Discord ModDB
Current Team: Achesun, R_V_A, Sebastien and Daniel Pereira. Thank you for reading, and stay tuned for more news!

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 09-03-2021 @ 09:05 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-30-16 05:20 AM CT (US)     1 / 478  
Maybe you should take ideas by looking at age of chivalry,it dosent have ages but centuries.Also some of the factions dont have uu's but balanced with other things.
posted 10-30-16 06:14 AM CT (US)     2 / 478  
Thank you, Mahazona .

Yeah, I thought about dividing the period into centuries like Age of Chivalry, but the period just wasn't long enough to be divided into four centuries. Perhaps I don't have to insist staying in the Sengoku period anyway, but I'd like to see if there are some other ideas.
posted 10-30-16 08:03 AM CT (US)     3 / 478  
European swordsman and musketeers?
posted 10-30-16 09:01 PM CT (US)     4 / 478  
What? Anything wrong about them?
posted 10-31-16 05:30 AM CT (US)     5 / 478  
Hello, Achesun, it's great to know that your modpack is progressing succesfully!
Concerning factions: maybe it would be better to make only one japanese faction, which get unique units and bonuses with mutually exclusive technologies? Something kinda of Alliances from Tales of Middle-Earth beta.

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 10-31-2016 @ 05:31 AM).]

posted 10-31-16 05:37 AM CT (US)     6 / 478  
You could include the Ainu and Ryukyuans as playable civs.
posted 10-31-16 08:27 AM CT (US)     7 / 478  
Thanks, R_V_A and chiruscan!

Well, making mutually exclusive technologies sounds like a good idea, but it might be weird to have only one faction as the theme is planned to be the Sengoku period, a time of civil war...anyway I think this technology idea can be applied to minor clans so they can have other clans' UU even without their own.

About the Ainu and Ryukyuans, well, I am no expert of Japanese history, so I am not sure how they're involve in the warfare of the clans. I might do some research about it.
posted 10-31-16 09:13 AM CT (US)     8 / 478  
Why not have shared uu's among the clans or do something like the Italians in FE? when you ally with them you can train the uu.

For ages maybe it can be auto researched once a certain amount of buildings are built. eg 3 town centers built and the next age is auto reached.kind of like rise of nations where you need additional cites to unlock the next age.

My biggest concern is do you have enough factions to fill up all the civis?
posted 10-31-16 09:49 AM CT (US)     9 / 478  
For ages maybe it can be auto researched once a certain amount of buildings are built. eg 3 town centers built and the next age is auto reached.
Good idea! Although I'm not very sure how this can be done through data editing. If it works, does that mean ageing up by building wonders like aoe3 is also possible?
My biggest concern is do you have enough factions to fill up all the civis?
Don't worry, the number of clans can easily fill up the 18 civs in AOE2.
posted 10-31-16 12:56 PM CT (US)     10 / 478  
Good idea! Although I'm not very sure how this can be done through data editing. If it works, does that mean ageing up by building wonders like aoe3 is also possible?
It's perfectly doable, the data won't be a problem for that, you can age up automatically by building one or several building and/or researching some technologies.

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
posted 10-31-16 01:28 PM CT (US)     11 / 478  
For civs i would have the various clans: Satuma, Takeda, Oda, etc.

The Ainu and Ryukyuans

Maybe the Wako(Japanese pirates)

Chinese and Koreans

And perhaps the Europeans who made contact with Japan by the 1500s: Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, and English.
posted 10-31-16 05:34 PM CT (US)     12 / 478  
There's actually a lot more variety within the clans than you might think, though you'll still struggle to make them unique and fill at least all the AoC slots.

Here's a list of clans I think you can use, some with forseeable specialties:

• Asakura (Monks)
  • Takeda (Cavalry)
  • Hojo (Defenses)
  • Uesugi
  • Oda (Gunpowder)
  • Mori (Ships)
  • Date
  • Chosokabe (Ships)
  • Ieyasu
  • Hosokawa (Ships)
  • Yamana (Monks)
  • Otomo (Monks/Gunpowder)
  • Shimazu (Infantry/Gunpowder)
  • Ashikaga
  • Miyoshi (Ships)

The rest, you could fill it up with the Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Chinese and Koreans, who all interacted with Japan within the period.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms
  • posted 10-31-16 06:46 PM CT (US)     13 / 478  
    Making non-Japanese factions is a good idea.
    But, Achesun, are you going to make a new tech tree? With Japanese-specific techs linked with history and economics kinda 'Rock garden' or 'Rice exchange restrictions'(for example. I'm not a historian ) or something like that.
    If you are going, then there can be problems with the addition of China, Korea and the Ryukyu (and especially European traders). Also these civs need their own unit graphics I suppose.

I saw your naginata unit with flag on his back, Achesun. A very cool unit, but it lacks a clan symbol. Japanese heraldry is beautiful. It would add atmosphere. Perhaps it is too hard to make hundreds of renders with different clan flags... Maybe it would be better to add a special banner carrier unit (or building). But all of this is just an opinion.

Concerning ages: maybe they could be named like social ranks? For example: the Peasant -> the Samurai -> the Daimyo -> the Shogun.

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 10-31-2016 @ 07:31 PM).]

posted 10-31-16 07:25 PM CT (US)     14 / 478  
    Maybe the ages could be city stages (ie Village-Town-City or something).
    Also, do like Age of Chivalry- with many bonuses per civ, and with each civ not necessarily having a standard number of unique units. Have the UUs available at not just the castle
    posted 10-31-16 08:47 PM CT (US)     15 / 478  
    It's perfectly doable
    Great to know that! Thanks.
    Maybe the Wako(Japanese pirates)
    And perhaps the Europeans who made contact with Japan by the 1500s: Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, and English.
    I plan to make some Wako units available for some clan, same goes with the European units with some kind of nanban trade technology. They might not be fully playable factions though, since the whole unit set is changed to be Japanese style.
    Here's a list of clans I think you can use, some with forseeable specialties:
    Thanks for the information! That helps a lot.
    Making non-Japanese factions is a good idea.
    Yeah, but like you said the Japanese exclusive techs won't fit for others. And more unit sets are too much to be done.
    Maybe it would be better to add a special banner carrier unit (or building).
    Actually, when the unit set is all done I might try to make some eye candies for scenarios, with flags of different clan symbols.
    the Peasant -> the Samurai -> the Daimyo -> the Shogun.
    Yeah, I thought about that before, but still hesitate with the idea of promoting oneself to higher ranks...
    Maybe the ages could be city stages (ie Village-Town-City or something).
    Also, do like Age of Chivalry- with many bonuses per civ, and with each civ not necessarily having a standard number of unique units. Have the UUs available at not just the castle
    Oh, this is inspiring...perhaps I can make monk related clans train a sohei set of units, and ninja related clans train melee and ranged shinobis.

Thanks, everyone.
    posted 10-31-16 10:24 PM CT (US)     16 / 478  
    Why, thank you! Though I'd thank Kor, not me . Also, since I want to make this post more than one sentence, could I use your blowgunner graphic for a mod which I will probably be releasing to the public (its the one from Portuguese Civ Mod 2)?
    posted 10-31-16 10:51 PM CT (US)     17 / 478  
    Yes, you can use the Blowgunner. See my reply in the PCM2 thread.
    posted 11-01-16 03:33 AM CT (US)     18 / 478  
    Maybe use something like this for the ages?

The Nanboku-chō Period – The Muromachi Period (Ashikaga) – The Warring States Period – The Azuchi–Momoyama Period
    posted 11-01-16 05:11 AM CT (US)     19 / 478  
    I have a crazy idea.

What if you try to replace resources. Say Iron instead of Stone . Because of rare use of stone in Japanese architecture, it is not appropriate for being strategic resource. Adding of Iron could make mod more distinctive. The balance could be more various.

Also it could be very cool to add a new kind of resource. It has been done in PCM II somehow if I don't mistake. It may be an Honor or a Glory or an Influence. The icons of resources on the top UI panel may be changed to match Japanese setting.

I made an example of how a new UI panel could look:

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 11-01-2016 @ 07:42 AM).]

posted 11-01-16 08:04 AM CT (US)     20 / 478  
    The Nanboku-chō Period – The Muromachi Period (Ashikaga) – The Warring States Period – The Azuchi–Momoyama Period
    Although I would want to keep the time period in 1467-1603, this seems close enough. Thanks.
    rare use of stone in Japanese architecture
    Perhaps stone wasn't largely used in civilian architecture, but castle and other structures were still built using stone. Would be kind of strange to build a castle costing iron in the game.
    Also it could be very cool to add a new kind of resource. It has been done in PCM II somehow if I don't mistake. It may be an Honor or a Glory or an Influence. The icons of resources on the top UI panel may be changed to match Japanese setting.
    Thanks for making the UI! Well, I did considered adding some kind of new resource like "export" in Aoe3. Foreign mercenaries and powerful European cannons can be trained using this resource. I just haven't come up with a working idea about how the players are going to get this resource.

Honor or a Glory sounds interesting as well, do you have ideas about how players can get it and how it can be used?
    posted 11-01-16 12:29 PM CT (US)     21 / 478  
    Perhaps stone wasn't largely used in civilian architecture, but castle and other structures were still built using stone. Would be kind of strange to build a castle costing iron in the game.
    Well, most parts of a castle were built of wood. Only a basement was of stone. And castle could cost coins(gold) and wood for example.

Concerning Honor/Glory. It could be obtained with kills and it could be spent for the new techs and special units, wonders maybe. There is a "Units killed" resource type #20 in GenieEditor. But I have absolutely no idea how to make a new resource to appear on a top UI panel. Perhaps we could ask someone from PCM II team for help.
    the Peasant -> the Samurai -> the Daimyo -> the Shogun.

Yeah, I thought about that before, but still hesitate with the idea of promoting oneself to higher ranks...

Toyotomi Hideyoshi is a man who promoted from a peasant's son to an outstanding feudal lord.

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 11-01-2016 @ 01:31 PM).]

posted 11-01-16 10:22 PM CT (US)     22 / 478  
    Yeah, Hideyoshi is a good example, but very few peasants ever rises to become a "Buke" individual. Even if one does, not all daimyos(players) can become a shogun, there's only one at a time.

However, I am thinking about that the player can start as a retainer, and advanced to higher ranks.
    posted 11-02-16 08:00 PM CT (US)     23 / 478  
    Even if one does, not all daimyos(players) can become a shogun, there's only one at a time.
    You are right indeed.
    However, I am thinking about that the player can start as a retainer, and advanced to higher ranks.
    I like this idea.
    posted 11-02-16 08:59 PM CT (US)     24 / 478  
    I am considering making new graphics for the monk unit, and replace the relic graphic of the original game. What should replace the relic with?
    posted 11-04-16 12:00 PM CT (US)     25 / 478  
    What should replace the relic with?
    After a brief research I found on the Internet these photos. I think they might be suitable for your purpose.

http://www.trocadero.com/stores/welcometo/items/935205/Bronze-reliquary-in-zushi-Japan-Momoyama-period/enlargement1

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 11-04-2016 @ 12:07 PM).]

posted 11-04-16 12:32 PM CT (US)     26 / 478  
    You can have the Samurais as trainable units(e.g. elite), even Daimyo can be in random map games, maybe as reskin for the kings? Shogun is when you win a game, in the post game screen, easy as that.

For the ages, what about: village(fort)-town(borough)-city(castle)-capital(fortress)?
    posted 11-04-16 09:28 PM CT (US)     27 / 478  
    What do you think about these rice farm terrains guys?

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 11-04-2016 @ 09:36 PM).]

posted 11-04-16 11:40 PM CT (US)     28 / 478  
    Looks very photo-realistic RVA

Great job
    posted 11-05-16 08:33 PM CT (US)     29 / 478  
    You can have the Samurais as trainable units(e.g. elite), even Daimyo can be in random map games, maybe as reskin for the kings? Shogun is when you win a game, in the post game screen, easy as that.

For the ages, what about: village(fort)-town(borough)-city(castle)-capital(fortress)?
    Yeah, the Samurais will be trainable units in the barracks, Daimyos units is also in my plan. And I like the idea you can see you becoming the shogun in the post game screen!

Your idea for the ages is good as well, feels like the retainer is getting upgrades of the fief.
    What do you think about these rice farm terrains guys?
    Awesome!

I have been looking for proper farm graphic to fit the Japanese style but didn't find any, the one in the picture looks pretty cool! Did you made that?

[This message has been edited by Achesun (edited 11-05-2016 @ 08:36 PM).]

posted 11-05-16 11:27 PM CT (US)     30 / 478  
    ohhhhh maaan i think im in lovee!! where those farm comes from? did you make them? i just think they are beautiful.. excelent job! could you upload them to the blacksmith?? can not wait for them..
    posted 11-06-16 04:39 AM CT (US)     31 / 478  
    Thanks guys! I'm happy to hear you like it. Yes, i made that terrain. I can upload it to the blacksmith when i'll finish it, if Achesun won't mind.

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 11-06-2016 @ 04:53 AM).]

posted 11-06-16 06:16 AM CT (US)     32 / 478  
    Sure I won't mind! I believe many people will find them useful. Thanks for your help making the rice farm!
    posted 11-07-16 03:30 AM CT (US)     33 / 478  
    RVA would you be able to make some photorealistic default farms as well? Really interested to see your interpretation on those.
    posted 11-13-16 10:56 AM CT (US)     34 / 478  
    RVA would you be able to make some photorealistic default farms as well? Really interested to see your interpretation on those.
    could you upload them to the blacksmith?? can not wait for them..
    I uploaded to the blacksmith the rice farm and also the default farm which I made earlier.
    http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=12790

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 11-14-2016 @ 09:18 AM).]

posted 11-13-16 04:02 PM CT (US)     35 / 478  
    Soldier 1: Sir, we have run out of berry bushes! What will we eat now?

Soldier 2: We shall build a farm!

Soldier 1: What will we grow?

Soldier 2: Cabbage, dear bit, cabbage! On stomachs filled with cabbage will we rule the world and vanquish our enemies!

Villagers: FOR CABBAGE!

Those are some pretty nice terrains!

[This message has been edited by Dr Roach (edited 11-13-2016 @ 04:02 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Sengoku Total Conversion - Released!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames