Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The RPG Mini Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 23 24 25  Next Page »
posted 10-01-14 03:52 PM CT (US)   

THE RPG MINI MAFIA

The Rules

• This game is closed communication. Unless the moderator tells you, you can't strategize with other players of this game outside of the game thread.
  • NEVER QUOTE ROLE E-MAILS. Paraphrase, but if you make any kind of direct quote, you will be mod-killed, and/or have you removed from your faction win.
  • NEVER EDIT YOUR POSTS. First time you do this will get you a warning. Second time, you will be vote-less for the day, the third will be a mod-kill.
  • Follow the Heavengames Code of Conduct at all times.
  • Always bold your votes and unvotes, if they are not bolded, they won't count. (Examples: Vote: Mithril Knight / Unvote Mithril Knight)
  • Do not estrategize at night, once a night post appears you may not talk anything gameplay relevant until the next day.
  • Please be active, if you are going to be away more than 72 hours, then inform this via e-mail or in the game thread.
  • Dead characters do not talk, please avoid this or you risk having the rest of the living players be penalized. Should you continue you'll have your faction win removed.
  • Avoid conflicts with what the Game Master says or you risk being smitten and banished from the world. If you want to point out an error, do it politely through e-mail.
  • Any question you have, send them to dsd19951208(at)hotmail{dot}com

• Game Mechanics

• This game works differently from standard mafia games. All the players (in this game named characters) a number of statistics and skills that make them unique.
  • There are four statistics:
    - Attack: The higher it is, the more powerful kill actions are.
    - Defense: The higher it is, the less damage you receive from kill actions and the powerful healing actions are.
    - Speed: The higher it is, the more priority is given to you in the action log. Players with the same Speed level instead are given priority through submission time as usual.
    - Hitpoints: Your life, if it drops to zero, you are dead. Kill actions lower it; healing actions restore it. You have hitpoint cap, the higher it is, the more hitpoints you can have.

• Characters get stronger by the way of earning Experience. Said experience is earned in two ways:
    - By participating in a successful lynch.
    - By having a successful night action.

Reaching certain experience amounts lets you level up, which gives you better statistics or even a new skill, if your role is scripted to get one.
  • At the end of everyday there is a small chance of a random item being given to any character. These items provide a small bonus and can either by used on oneself or shared with someone else. The chance of getting an item is 5% for each player, which amounts to 50% chance of an item appearing at the end of each day.

• Character List

1. Reganknight
    2. Excelsior
    4. Lord Sipia
    6. Sarn II (replacing Possidon)
    7. Gunkanchud

Those Who Fell In Battle

3. Devestator - The Villain - Mafia Jack of Unusual Trades, Untraceable, Innocent to Cops
    5. zyxomma100 - The Thief - Untraceable Thief
    8. Carolkarine - The Brute - Mafia Hitman
    9. Popeychops - The Priest - Town Healer, 1-shot Protection
    10. Sarn I - The Wizard - Town Giver

Replacements

None right now.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms

[This message has been edited by Mithril Knight (edited 11-09-2014 @ 07:35 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 11-10-14 09:35 AM CT (US)     601 / 621  

posted 11-10-14 09:36 AM CT (US)     602 / 621  

CHUD, playing as the Warlock, has been lynched.

He was a Mafia Faith Roleblocker with 75% chance of success. He also had a 1-shot Heal and 1-shot Booster.

The Mafia has been defeated.

The town, formed by Reganknight, Excelsior, Lord Sipia, zyxomma100, Sarn and Popeychops wins.

Set-Up, action log and personal opinions on the game's development to follow up soon.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms
    posted 11-10-14 09:50 AM CT (US)     603 / 621  
    GG no re.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
    --Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
    --Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
    posted 11-10-14 09:52 AM CT (US)     604 / 621  
    That game went very well. The setup favoured the town (three investigative roles!) but that was mitigated by my role not being a full doctor. I saved myself on day one and tanked a kill because I was allowed to stat up, which basically won us the game as I was nigh-immortal confirmed town.

CarolKarine's claim was really ballsy and would have distracted a full doctor, but since I wasn't a full doctor, it didn't really gain him anything. I didn't believe it from the very start: I only accepted it because the consequences of being wrong were so dire. It painted a big target on him and got him lynched when I felt it prudent to assign the tracker to him.

Dev played abysmally. The moment Sarn replaced Possidon he was one of two lynch candidates: the other being Chud IMO. In fact, the mafia as a whole played like a stereotypical scum faction: they brought relatively similar opinions and contributed little to the discussion. This is partly why I zeroed in on CarolKarine: it was obvious that he was relying on the consequences of his lynch to prevent us from lynching him, and that was the only reason why we should trust him.

Zyx, I mean, wow. I stand by that lynch: he attacked Sarn on nothing and didn't back down when it was explained that he was wrong. On the plus side, he at least confirmed Regan for us. But that was some serious Jester play.

I think the town played very well, really. There was a good amount of deduction and relatively little following of roles. Unfortunately, the setup lent itself very well to a process of elimination: we got lucky and received information which confirmed Sarn despite Possidon ballsing up his Cop play, we consistently lynched scum (except the Zyx debacle, which was justified), and we played better than the mafia did. A good town win.

Member of BlackForest Studios
    Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
    and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
    "Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
    "Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
    "You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
    posted 11-10-14 10:14 AM CT (US)     605 / 621  
    If I may be honest, Popey, I'd appreciate it if you didn't expect other townies to have the same thought pattern as you. More than once we got in a tangle together that would have never happened if you just bothered to explain yourself, and partly due to this did I end up "always saying the wrong thing for the town", as you put it. To further add to the confusion, you at one point seemed to condemn people agreeing with you ("Follow the Popey"). While I get that this refers to bandwagoners, it gave me the impression that there is literally no right thing to do. Either disagree with you (or do not agree with you immediately) and get chewed out, or agree with you and get accused of bandwagoning. It's not my fault you're always a couple steps ahead of me.

Furthermore, me being a doublevoter gives me a responsibility to not make wrong decisions, and combining this with the xp system I was very hesitant to commit to any lynch before we've reached an agreement on it- especially on the first day because I had no clue how important level ups really were, having no night action and all. Non-helpful to the town, perhaps, but I think it's justified.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
    --Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
    --Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
    posted 11-10-14 10:14 AM CT (US)     606 / 621  
    As first time scum, I'm at least happy that I was the last one lynched.

posted 11-10-14 10:18 AM CT (US)     607 / 621  
    GG. We scum started out terribly unlucky, which is one of the main reasons the town won so quickly. Popey's misleading night plan that fooled scum into not killing Sarn is probably what decided the game. If that hadn't happened, we might have had some good chances of winning the game. The majority of players actually believed Chud and Carol to be town, despite many of their actions beeing very suspicous. See what I accomplished through my death?
    Dev played abysmally
    Yeah I guess I did. I don't think I would have died that soon if my rolecop and/or Carols kill was successful that night. Although that bad start was rebalanced by Possidon turning out to not have used his investigations for two nights straight. I guess I just suck at beeing scum :/

D E V A S T A T O R
    Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
    Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
    My AoE2 Youtube Channel
    posted 11-10-14 10:21 AM CT (US)     608 / 621  
    ACTION LOG

Night 0

zyxomma100 robs Blatant
    Excelsior tracks Popeychops
    Reganknight roleblocks Devestator? - Yes
    Devestator investigates Lord Sipia <--- Rolecop
    Chud roleblocks Blatant? - Yes
    Popeychops Protects Himself
    Mafia kills Popeychops (1-Hit KO)

Blatant skips the night
    Possidon skips the night

Day 1

Sarn replaces Blatant

Lynch: Devestator

Night 1

zyxomma100 robs Reganknight
    Excelsior track Reganknight
    Popeychops heals Carolkarine
    Reganknight roleblocks Carolkarine - No
    Chud roleblocks Excelsior - Yes
    Sarn gives a kill to Popey
    Mafia kills Sarn (1-Hit KO)

Possidon skips the night.

Day 2

Sarn replaces Possidon

Lynch: zyxomma100

Night 2

Excelsior tracks Carolkarine - Result!
    Popeychops heals Carolkarine
    CHUD roleblocks Reganknight - Yes
    Reganknight roleblocks Sarn - Yes
    Mafia kills Popey (-9)
    Sarn investigates Reganknight - Innocent

Day 3

Lynch: Carolkarine

Night 3

Excelsior tracks Sarn
    Reganknight roleblocks Sarn - No
    Mafia kills Popeychops - KO
    Popeychops kills CHUD (-3)
    Sarn investigates Lord Sipia - Innocent

Day 4

Lynch: CHUD

/END

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms
    posted 11-10-14 10:23 AM CT (US)     609 / 621  
    Popey, before the game ended you said my claim was ballsy and a good decision, now you're saying that you never believed it?

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
    Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
    double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
    posted 11-10-14 10:26 AM CT (US)     610 / 621  
    I kinda feel like the mafia was underpowered. Had I not managed to get in on the first lynch, we would never have been able to night kill.

My claim kept me alive much longer than I would have made it otherwise.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
    Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
    double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
    posted 11-10-14 10:28 AM CT (US)     611 / 621  
    I kinda feel like the mafia was underpowered. Had I not managed to get in on the first lynch, we would never have been able to night kill.
    I think the Setup was alright. Town Doctor and Cop both had very limited shots, Chud had two useful one shots next to his main action and I was pretty damn overpowered for a godfather.

D E V A S T A T O R
    Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
    Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
    posted 11-10-14 10:31 AM CT (US)     612 / 621  
    Popey, before the game ended you said my claim was ballsy and a good decision, now you're saying that you never believed it?
    That's the thing, I wasn't able to make a case against you because of the consequences if I had been wrong. Even though I didn't believe it, I couldn't lynch you until after we got an investigative result on you. That's why it was such a good claim.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
    "Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
    "Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
    "You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
    posted 11-10-14 10:39 AM CT (US)     613 / 621  
    The set-up document I kept updating throughout the game is now on my Dropbox.

You can check it out here.

There you will find underlying mechanics on the stat system as well as the levels of the players up to the moment they died or the game ended. Of course, the role list is also there.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms
    posted 11-10-14 10:47 AM CT (US)     614 / 621  
    When did you assign the tracker to Carol? You consistently gave me the impression that you thought Carol was town, and that if he was scum you gave him a thumbs up. I targeted Carol because I thought he was most suspicious, and to be honest I suspected that town would be mad at me if I suggested tracking Carol rather than others.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
    posted 11-10-14 11:09 AM CT (US)     615 / 621  
    Sorry, it was Regan's roleblack that I assigned onto Sipia and CK, but it's an argument that easily carries over. Good initiative on your part.

Check post 476. Out of Regan, Zyx and Chud, we lynched Zyx that day, confirming Regan. That means that either CK or Sipia must be scum, and Sipia was a whole lot more believable during the game than CK. I did my best to keep CK at arms length, I didn't even start tlaking about trusting him until post 519 (IIRC) when I described my trust for him as an extension of my trust for Sipia.

The Zyx lynch absolutely bamboozled me. I talked myself into a corner about vigging Sarn, which was stupid of me. I trusted Sarn and Zyx was throwing us the rope to hang him with. Even without your tracking I'd have railed on Chud (and I'm expecting that CK would have defended him). And the whole bloody game I was taunted by the suspicion of vigging CK. But obviously I'd have never admitted that, because it was just a gut feeling.

You're right, I may have given the wrong impression, but early on I was very critical of CK and I did not believe his claim at any point, I was just afraid of losing the game by being wrong. Did I talk about killing CK and then "only" being back level with where we would be after a single mislynch? Or am I remembering wrong?

posted 11-10-14 11:58 AM CT (US)     616 / 621  
    My idea for this game was to make the town cooperate with each other to eliminate the mafioso as quickly as possible. There were some synergies floating around, like Knight and the Wizard. The Knight had great stats but no night action, while the Wizard could give away actions but had poor stats.

I also balanced the game by giving no full doctor to the town, and by reducing the power of their investigative roles, like restricting the tracker and giving the cop numbered shots for investigations.

The stats had to purpose of giving better chances at surviving an attack by making players able to tank the damage, but this could be bypassed if their killer's attack was boosted enough to overwhelm the target's defense. What I didn't expect was for this to kick in so late into the game. Since this was the most experimental part of my game, I had no idea how would this work out.

Another thing that was unexpected was that the town would react to the experience earning from lynches via restricting votes.

Overall, I think the mafia played like crap, especially after Dev was lynched Day 1. The town made a very good play, on the other hand.

Out of the the three mafia players, Dev was the only one that consistently tried to pull the game in their favor, foreseeing the town's play and planning ahead, while keeping the communication with his partners, I say this because I oversaw the conversations they had during Day 1. That he basically lynched himself was a huge blow for the mafioso, since they lost both their most powerful role and their best player due to poor play on his part. Carolkarine played a very high-stakes bet on his beloved princess claim, luckily it paid off for him since the town backed off lynching him until the evidence came up by itself. Finally, CHUD only managed to survive by lurking and somehow being forgotten by the town.

Congrats to the town, a well deserved win.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms
    posted 11-10-14 12:27 PM CT (US)     617 / 621  
    Thanks, Mithril. It was a good game.

posted 11-10-14 02:15 PM CT (US)     618 / 621  
    I talked myself into a corner about vigging Sarn, which was stupid of me.
    I thought it was a ruse to trick the mafia into not killing Sarn. Which would have been smart. Not that it matters though, since it worked in your favor either way.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
    posted 11-10-14 07:14 PM CT (US)     619 / 621  
    Sadly, Dev, I can't claim to have planned that. It was basically dumb luck that I was in complete control of the decision to kill.

posted 11-10-14 08:24 PM CT (US)     620 / 621  
    Thanks Mithril. GG all.

......▄▄██▌█
    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
    ███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ )¬,|¯ (¬ /-\ |\| |/¬ |\| | (¬ |-| --|--
    ▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀ You're gonna eat lightnin'and you're gonna crap thunder. - Mickey Goldmill from Rockey II
    posted 11-12-14 09:26 AM CT (US)     621 / 621  
    So I did have a kill? I understood "offensive skills" as describing my tracker role, not that I had a one shot kill.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 23 24 25  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » The RPG Mini Mafia - Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames